guylainem123

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

From Facebook

We're introducing our Tweet Of The Week, each week we'll highlight one of our favourite tweets to @mikasounds who will get a retweet & a follow back from Mika! We're kicking this off with this lovely tweet from @malin_swe everyone go follow & say hi #MikaTOTW

Hmm... I'd rather have Mika following whoever he wants to follow...

I don't want to be retweet back or be followed back in that way :doh:

From Facebook

We're introducing our Tweet Of The Week, each week we'll highlight one of our favourite tweets to @mikasounds who will get a retweet & a follow back from Mika! We're kicking this off with this lovely tweet from @malin_swe everyone go follow & say hi #MikaTOTW

Hmm... I'd rather have Mika following whoever he wants to follow...

don't you think he'll choose that himself, or at least supports this idea? :dunno: he's often retweeting or answering fans, maybe they'll choose from those he retweets/answers. or he chooses himself and it was his idea because it'd make it easier for him to stalk us. :naughty:

maybe he said, i want to follow some of my fans because they're writing interesting things, but it'd be unfair to follow only some fans because others would feel left out. and so they found a fair way to let him do it. :teehee:

i also wouldn't like the idea of his team tweeting/following etc. from his account, if they want to do that they should start an extra account for that. this one is and should stay his personal account, imo. :sneaky2:

don't you think he'll choose that himself, or at least supports this idea? :dunno: he's often retweeting or answering fans, maybe they'll choose from those he retweets/answers. or he chooses himself and it was his idea because it'd make it easier for him to stalk us. :naughty:

maybe he said, i want to follow some of my fans because they're writing interesting things, but it'd be unfair to follow only some fans because others would feel left out. and so they found a fair way to let him do it. :teehee:

i also wouldn't like the idea of his team tweeting/following etc. from his account, if they want to do that they should start an extra account for that. this one is and should stay his personal account, imo. :sneaky2:

If he want to stalk some fans, he can make another private account to do that :naughty:

Actually after he changed his account name as 'Mika Official', his tweets became kinda 'official' and think his team shares the account too...

I saw that on Facebook and I was thinking what a stupid idea :doh: Mika answer to fans on Twitter, retweet what he want and follow who he want. Follow back fans really :doh: Poor Mika :rip_1::naughty: Now I'm no sure that I want tweet Mika again because I don't want to be follow by him :roftl:

If he want to stalk some fans, he can make another private account to do that :naughty:

Actually after he changed his account name as 'Mika Official', his tweets became kinda 'official' and think his team shares the account too...

Yes and I have this impression that Mika Twitter become only something commercial only managed by his team :sneaky2:

I saw that on Facebook and I was thinking what a stupid idea :doh: Mika answer to fans on Twitter, retweet what he want and follow who he want. Follow back fans really :doh: Poor Mika :rip_1::naughty:Now I'm no sure that I want tweet Mika again because I don't want to be follow by him :roftl:

yeah I'll never send sugar-coated words about his songs or performance just to be picked as TOTM or something like that... That would never give me nice feeling of interaction, but just make my words be used in commercial way... :sad:

Yes and I have this impression that Mika Twitter become only something commercial only managed by his team :sneaky2:

yeah more and more these days.... so I don't tweet back him a lot like I did months ago ...

just so commercial and cold..

:naughty:

i think it's a good idea! i'd like him to follow me for a week :aah:

once the week is over, we say "goodbye" & he moves on to another fan...

it's not like at the end, he'll be following 1000 fans.

people wait for hours to get his attention for 5 seconds after concerts & they'd be unhappy about Mika following them on twitter?

i don't get it :dunno:

Justin Bieber follows lots of fans, it's not something unheard of.

Go ahead Mika... i dare you to follow me! :mf_rosetinted:

I also don't like the idea of anyone else getting involved with Mika's account. Twitter is the only direct access anyone has to Mika unless they are at a gig.

Anyway he doesn't seem to be following this girl that I can see so I don't get it. :dunno:

I also don't like the idea of anyone else getting involved with Mika's account. Twitter is the only direct access anyone has to Mika unless they are at a gig.

Anyway he doesn't seem to be following this girl that I can see so I don't get it. :dunno:

i also don't want anyone posting from his twitter account, but if it's a follow from Mika to a fan, then i think that's fun

I wouldn't want to start writing anything funny, wise of profound, just to get a follow from Mika.

I think its best if he doesn't follow certain fans, its best if he treats everyone the same. I, personally, have never expected a tweet for Mika. If you don't expect it, then you arn't disappointed. I've always tended to think, he's busy enough without needing to chat to fans on twitter.

I remember the days of no tweets for months. When we were desperate for a YO from the maestro and no YO was forthcoming. But lately he's been keeping us in the loop much better than he used to.

For me, that's enough. I don't need more from him.

i also don't want anyone posting from his twitter account, but if it's a follow from Mika to a fan, then i think that's fun

Except that this kind of thing will require someone else's involvement. I don't see Mika following fans of his own volition. And if he unfollows them the next week then it turns into something negative IMO.

I've always tended to think, he's busy enough without needing to chat to fans on twitter.

The day Mika is too busy to chat to his fans is the day Mika is too busy to be a popstar because that's the job. :wink2:

My problem with this is it is not genuine interaction so what is the point?

Except that this kind of thing will require someone else's involvement. I don't see Mika following fans of his own volition. And if he unfollows them the next week then it turns into something negative IMO.

why, don't you think he can decide for himself which tweet of a fan he likes and click the "follow" button?! :naughty:

i don't know what it'll be like and who will decide, but you know that i can be very persistent in believing that it'll be good, until i'm proven to be wrong. :teehee: (magic numbers :aah:) so i'd say, let's see how this will turn out. :-)

i definitely won't change my twitter behaviour because of this - i tweet to mika quite often anyway, to tell him what i think or whatever else, sometimes just silly comments that i find funny in that moment. :naughty: and maybe once every 2 years or so i'm lucky to get an answer from him. i hope he reads my tweets to him, i hope for answers, but i never expect anything... so i don't see how i would be disappointed. :dunno: knowing that he *might* read my tweet to him is enough for me. :wink2: would i want him to follow me? only if he has a say in the decision, but i think he will. and even then, there are positive and negative sides to him following me... positive being that it's more likely then that he might read my tweets to him. negative that it's more likely that he might read some of my other tweets as well. :lmfao: so well, i guess i'd be happy if he followed me, but i won't be disappointed if he doesn't. :naughty:

i don't think it's negative to follow a fan for a week & then unfollow, as long as it's part of the "rules"

but i will not change my tweeting habits... i will tweet as i tweet now & not to be "noticed" for the competition

Edited by guylainem123

Well Just hope every TOTW is not like 'Mika your album is so amazingggg' 'You Should buy @mikasounds album it's damn brilliant' '@mikasounds Last nights show is awesome ppl all over the world should see this' stuff... :naughty: If so, that game would be "Advertise @mikasounds in best way on twitter, and get 'followed back' for a week as a reward"

Edited by Yuna

Well Just hope every TOTW is not like 'Mika your album is so amazingggg' 'You Should buy @mikasounds album it's damn brilliant' '@mikasounds Last nights show is awesome ppl all over the world should see this' stuff... :naughty: If so, that game would be "Advertise @mikasounds in best way on twitter, and get 'followed back' for a week as a reward"

:naughty: but we all do those tweets now, so that wouldn't be any different.

I agree.

I know we all do it occasionally, but I hope that the TOTW shows more interesting tweets. It would get boring seeing similar tweets about how much some loves him/the album/the gig every time.

And the follow back could lead to some people abusing the DM system too, deluging him with all sorts of stuff.

I agree.

I know we all do it occasionally, but I hope that the TOTW shows more interesting tweets. It would get boring seeing similar tweets about how much some loves him/the album/the gig every time.

:naughty: Rose??? is that you???

And the follow back could lead to some people abusing the DM system too, deluging him with all sorts of stuff.

Of course they're going to abuse it which is why I don't think he would want to follow people from his personal account. Karin of course I think Mika "can" choose tweets and hit the follow button I just don't see him wanting to. :naughty: He doesn't even follow many of his own friends and there must be a reason for it.

Guy just the fact that there are "rules" surrounding it takes the meaning out of it IMO. I've got a few singers following me and it's not because I won a contest and I don't expect them to unfollow me a week later.

MIKA official MIKA official ‏@mikasounds

Quite an amazing article on albino women in Africa on the BBC News site. One quote stuck out in particular

MIKA official ‏@mikasounds

"I'm a black girl living in the skin of a white person & that alone should embody what a human being as a whole should represent R.Modiselle

Link to the article: http://t.co/UeaT0WSN