Gig duration?

Emerald

Hi!

I don't know if this thread should be in this section; feel free to move it if it's not in the right place!

I was wondering how long Mika's gigs last, approximately? If it says the concert starts at 20:00 on the ticket, when will I most likely be out of the venue?

Fanksh! :D

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi!

I don't know if this thread should be in this section; feel free to move it if it's not in the right place!

I was wondering how long Mika's gigs last, approximately? If it says the concert starts at 20:00 on the ticket, when will I most likely be out of the venue?

Fanksh! :D

Maybe the gigs last now two hours or a bit more but he mostly never is on stage in time. I would say you are out of the venue in Mikatime :wink2:

he's got 3 albums now :teehee:

...I hope it lasts 3 hours! :wub2:

Oh, I wish :wub2: I think he needs to stop jumping around like a maniac before he can sing for three hours though :teehee:

My guess is it would last around 2 hours, maybe. But that doesn't say anything about what time you'll be out of the venue, since you can count on him being late. Inconceivable for someone from Switzerland, I know, so to give you an idea: I went to the l'Oreal showcase a few weeks ago. Doors were open at 20:00, he was supposed to start at 21:00, but only entered the stage around 21:30. If Dutch organizers can't get him to be on time, I doubt the Swiss will be more successful :doh:

In my experience Mika is not really late for his own gigs on tour. You can't judge by these showcases, festivals, etc. Because he has been overwhelmed by getting the record out and doing promo. It's not like that so much during a proper tour. :wink2:

If I recall he used to come on stage at 9 pm and it would be over at 10:30 but I expect he's going to run longer now because he has more songs.

Yeah no, in Switzerland, artists are usually not on time... The doors will open on time, but I don't expect the gig to start before around 20:30 ^^

So you don't think Mika will sing more than 2 hours then?

And is there an opening act?

Thanks for your answers :D

Oh, I wish :wub2: I think he needs to stop jumping around like a maniac before he can sing for three hours though :teehee:

My guess is it would last around 2 hours, maybe. But that doesn't say anything about what time you'll be out of the venue, since you can count on him being late. Inconceivable for someone from Switzerland, I know, so to give you an idea: I went to the l'Oreal showcase a few weeks ago. Doors were open at 20:00, he was supposed to start at 21:00, but only entered the stage around 21:30. If Dutch organizers can't get him to be on time, I doubt the Swiss will be more successful :doh:

No, he was supposed to be on at 21.30. He was on at 22.00

Yeah no, in Switzerland, artists are usually not on time... The doors will open on time, but I don't expect the gig to start before around 20:30 ^^

So you don't think Mika will sing more than 2 hours then?

And is there an opening act?

Thanks for your answers :D

more than 2 hours is unlikely. but i'm sure there'll be a support act, there always was so far. usually the support act is on for 30 minutes, then a 30 minutes pause and then mika. as it says on the tickets that the doors open at 7 and the show starts at 8, i guess that's when the support act starts. so probably mika will start at 9. :dunno: but maybe we'll know more about the timing after the first shows of this tour (in the US)? :wink2:

more than 2 hours is unlikely. but i'm sure there'll be a support act, there always was so far. usually the support act is on for 30 minutes, then a 30 minutes pause and then mika. as it says on the tickets that the doors open at 7 and the show starts at 8, i guess that's when the support act starts. so probably mika will start at 9. :dunno: but maybe we'll know more about the timing after the first shows of this tour (in the US)? :wink2:

Yeah, I figured that too :wink2: I hope the support act will be good :aah: