2012 - MIKA @ Gran Teatro, Padova, ITALY - 9 November - REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS

dcdeb

Ciao Padova! :italia:

Per favore! Share your reports, photos and videos of this amazing show with us!

http://i46.tinypic.com/14xf7km.png

===============

REPORTS

===============

Cassilda

Galy

Sarina

nezza

Lucrezia

Crick!

FralovesMika

SimonaG

robertina

===============

PHOTOS

===============

Cassilda

Galy (including setlist)

clara85

robertina: setlist

===============

VIDEOS

===============

clara85:

francina miketta:

Little Report

We left home about 12:30, arrived Padova at about 15:30 (got lost in Padova, but my sister talks Italian fluently and so we found the way to Gran Teatro Geox though)

We got numbers, had a quite nice queuing, but queuing didn't work when we were let in.

Got a quite nice place though(3rd and 4th row). DJ was quite boring again (I think it was the same as in Vienna), we tried to make him smile several times, and it worked :mf_rosetinted:

When I got a text from Sabine that Mika had tweeted that his flight was cancelled and he only had arrived Venezia quite late and he didn't know if he would be on time, I was :sneaky2:

But I don't think he started much later (I don't know when it started. as I didn't watch on the clock)

He began with BIOTG, after that I don't know the row of the songs. He sang the same as in Vienna, I think. Also Toy Boy.

Max is really cute...:teehee:

when Mika started to sing Rain, the microphone didn't work anymore...we couldn't hear him and he stopped singing after about a minute...During waiting for the microphone to be fixed Mika made Max dancing :teehee:

I think he wanted to sing Rain with Tim acoustic, but the audience was too loud and then the microphone worked again :sneaky2:

First thing, Mika said, was ****!!! :teehee:

Gig was really great, I liked it, but it was really, really loud,the audience was quite emotional :teehee:

After the gig we tried to find where the m&g , found fortunatelly Robertina and waited then for Mika. He came at around 1:30, 1:40..I gave him his gift, had a little chat with him:wub2::blush-anim-cl:, it was funny :teehee:

We left Padova then and I arrived home at about 5:30...:shocked:

I hope somebody will post a more proper report, as mine isn't that detailed..

Edit: It was really nice to meet you, Robertina! :huglove:

Edited by Cassilda

So this was my first Mika gig ever and it was GREAT. Maybe I'm so enthusiastic because I've never seen him before, but still I think it was amazing compared to a lot of gigs of other artists.

I arrived at Padova alone from Verona at 12 and didn't know anyone as I'm almost new on the Forum too. The girls there gave me the number 24, I tried to talk with them and they were all nice (despite I was really shy). The queuing was nice and it wasn't too cold. When we were next the Teatro Geox a man of the security told us that Mika was late because his flight has been canceled, but I think the gig started at 21.50, not sure though.

I was in the second group when they let us enter in the theater but I run (thank you athletics lessons) and got a perfect place, was in front of him in the first row - can't expect any better position. I met some nice girls next to me and the time before the gig wasn't too exhausting.

I enjoyed the gig a lot despite some problems with the michrophone and the sound. The gig started with BIOTG and the audience started jumping and screaming a lot. He played Billy Brown for the first time in Italy(he said so) and also told us that the first time he sang in public and was "paid" for singing was in Italy when he was a child. Toy Boy was lovely but he needed the sheet music with the lyrics lol During TOOL I raised a "poster" (that some of us received during the queue) on which there was written GRAZIE into a heart and he took it from me and he showed it three times I believe (when he took it, during Toy Boy and in the end he took it out of his hat). I took some photos and make videos of BIOTG, Lollipop and Popular despite a man of the security said me I can't because my camera is a Reflex.

He was awesome, more that I've imagined during all these years. Can't wait to see him again. I didn't have the possibility to wait for the M&G but it will be for the next time :naughty:

I think that's it, hope I haven't bored you and sorry for my english :blush-anim-cl:

It was nice to meet you girls from the MFC

90ol4x.png

1zogobt.png

2lix6bp.png

With the sheet he took from me, this is my favourite photo :blush-anim-cl:

whz8uv.png

and a part of the setlist (wasn't able to take photos anymore lol)

2uyrcs1.png

and also found on youtube this video of TOOL (he tooks the sheet from me at 3:39)

Edited by Galy
adding the video
  • Like 1

So this was my first Mika gig ever and it was GREAT. Maybe I'm so enthusiastic because I've never seen him before, but still I think it was amazing compared to a lot of gigs of other artists.

I arrived at Padova alone from Verona at 12 and didn't know anyone as I'm almost new on the Forum too. The girls there gave me the number 24, I tried to talk with them and they were all nice (despite I was really shy). The queuing was nice and it wasn't too cold. When we were next the Teatro Geox a man of the security told us that Mika was late because his flight has been canceled, but I think the gig started at 21.50, not sure though.

I was in the second group when they let us enter in the theater but I run (thank you athletics lessons) and got a perfect place, was in front of him in the first row - can't expect any better position. I met some nice girls next to me and the time before the gig wasn't too exhausting.

I enjoyed the gig a lot despite some problems with the michrophone and the sound. The gig started with BIOTG and the audience started jumping and screaming a lot. He played Billy Brown for the first time in Italy(he said so) and also told us that the first time he sang in public and was "paid" for singing was in Italy when he was a child. Toy Boy was lovely but he needed the sheet music with the lyrics lol During TOOL I raised a "poster" (that some of us received during the queue) on which there was written GRAZIE into a heart and he took it from me and he showed it three times I believe (when he took it, during Toy Boy and in the end he took it out of his hat). I took some photos and make videos of BIOTG, Lollipop and Popular despite a man of the security said me I can't because my camera is a Reflex.

He was awesome, more that I've imagined during all these years. Can't wait to see him again. I didn't have the possibility to wait for the M&G but it will be for the next time :naughty:

I think that's it, hope I haven't bored you and sorry for my english :blush-anim-cl:

Thank you for the report, I am so glad you enjoyed your first gig :naughty:

Thank you for your lovely report Galy :thumb_yello:

72d6is.png

28hztc8.png

fyhbgo.png

With the sheet he took from me, this is my favourite photo :blush-anim-cl:

14xf7km.png

and a part of the play list (wasn't able to take photos anymore lol)

2uyrcs1.png

Lovely report and these pictures :wub2:

What kind of camera do you use ? The pictures are really really beautiful :blush-anim-cl:

Thank you for the report, I am so glad you enjoyed your first gig :naughty:

Thank you for your lovely report Galy :thumb_yello:

Lovely report and these pictures :wub2:

What kind of camera do you use ? The pictures are really really beautiful :blush-anim-cl:

Thank you, at least you understood despite my english :teehee:

And I use a Canon 600D, I think I'll post some other photos tomorrow, going to bed now. Yesterday at this time I was still in Padua :hypo:

My little report for this lovely night in Padova.

I'll skip the queue part and the mess later but I managed to be in the front row (in the very right looking from the stage). I got separated from my friends and I was alone among strangers..not a nice feeling even more if Mika is late and you're bored :doh:

Anyway, the show started and Mika seemed in a really good mood (despite all the mess with planes and late arrival), he spoke in italian really good also when he sang TOOL's chorus! I was pleased even if I prefer the song in english without a doubt. It's weird to hear him sing in italian tho...it's something that make your heart jump in the chest...a veeeery good feeling so THANK MIKA for that :mikalove:

Anyway...I obviously had the sensation that he was in hurry then suddenly the microphone didn't work anymore..I was panicking cause the crowd started to make "no" with hands but Mika didn't understand what was happening (I bet he was freacked out about that behaviour)..then he (or Tim) understood and he made some jokes while the technician was trying to fix the problem. Mika made Max dance (LOL!) and he said some silly things to take some time. Finally everything was back to normal (even if the sound was weird somehow) and the show went on. I really enjoyed it and I sang and danced like mad :blush-anim-cl:

The crowd was GOOD..they sang SO loud! It was a really warm feeling, I think Mika appreciated a lot and he was really happy!

Then during Grace Kelly he winked in my direction like he was actually winking at me and I was like :shocked:... "me? nahhh! no way! Why me?" I looked behind me, around me...everywhere near me but there wasn't any "hardcore" fan there, no familiar faces..only new ones...but I couldn't believe it was for me...!

When the gig finished I tried to reach my friends in the opposite side of the stage (really hard task!). We eventually found each other and we were pushed (literally) outside the venue where we came in. We stayed outside trying to figure out where the artist entrance was but we end up in a dark place with some barries there (used to delimit the parking area)...no sign of security. We could heard the music inside really loud (:fisch:) but no one outside. In the complete dark we didn't know what to do..I tweetted Mika that some fans were waiting for him (just in case...you know...:teehee:) and it was 1:30 AM when when we saw a van appearing near our barriers. The van stopped and then Mika was there :) I can say that only car's lights were helping us to see something!LOL! There was no manager with Mika..only Yasmine who were there outside the car smiling at us (how beautiful is she :wub2:?).

Mika signed autographs really quick then it was my turn, I gave him my little present and he said "Is really nice to see you again". The same thing happened in Vienne..and I had no idea that Mika could recognize me before that day and after Vienne I wasn't sure he still remembered me..anyway..what a nice nice feeling! Then he said "You were in the very right of the crowd"...I was :shocked:..so...I guess that maybe the wink was actually for me (let me dream people..is fangurling time here now :mikalove:!) :blush-anim-cl:

Anyway, he was adorable as usual :wub2:

Ok...here's my only pic. My friend took it with my camera :thumb_yello: I absolutely need a new one cause I've tried to take pics during the gig but they were all blurry :doh:

2vklyzs.jpg

Edited by Sarina
  • Like 1

What I remember the most from this gig is the sound problems :teehee: Like the others have said, his mic didn't work during Rain, and he had no idea. He kept on singing and jumping around like a madman, and everyone was gesturing and shouting that they couldn't hear. He finally understood why everyone was gesturing though! The sound wasn't great in general though (and the same goes for Rome), we could only really hear him as well as we should have during the acoustic songs.

It was a great show, the crowd in general was great, even though the people around where I was weren't extremely enthusiastic. There was a great reaction to the Italian lyrics, it was very appreciated. And when he held up one of the 'grazie' signs at the end everyone went mental. Big thanks to everyone who organised that, it worked so well!

We froze outside waiting for him after the show, it was SO cold! Eventually he came out, signed autographs, chatted, the usual. It was very organised, also because of the barriers that were there.

I was one of the very last people to leave the venue :lmfao:

• Like 1

After a looooooooong period of rest (and I still have cooled :aah:) here's my report for Padova:

First of all, this time I was in the choir and it was the most beautiful thing that ever could happen :fangurl:

Tim came out at about 5 pm and he waited that all the people of choir were there to go inside. Then, once inside, he introduced us to the other members of the choir who were already inside: we were 12 people (6 girls, 6 men)

We signed the release information and they gave us our backstage passes. We had rehersals with the presence of a part of the band and it was really good... Tim made ​​us sing to each of us a piece of origin of love to listen our tone of voice and he divided us into groups of three. He was very kind with us: he helped with the high tone of the songs and he gave us some good advices. At the end he said that we were the most beautiful chorus that he had ever heard! :punk:

After this, we went in our dressing room ( a little room 2x2m :aah: ) and after half an hour we have done the Soundcheck with the all band. Everyone was very happy that night! it was as if we were in a big party!

After that we had a 2 hour break and we decided to rest inside the venue and wait that the fans started to come inside. I had a little chat with some of them and then at 8 pm all the choir went backstage... the boss was coming!

Mama P. gave us the robes and then before the gig started Mika called us in his dressing room to make a little rehearsal with him :wub2: I will never forget that... His voice was perfect! He gave us some tips about choreografy and how to sing some songs.

Finally, the gig started! For me it was a breeze! Being on stage is a wonderful thing! You can see the show from the point of view of the singer and realize that it is difficult to set a show like Mika does! He's such a great artist!

After the gig, we had a M&G. Mika came to us, congratulated us telling that the we were the best choir, signed our album and then we made a picture of him.

I was really happy that night... Everyone was so sweet and kind with us :wub2: So thank you Mika, thank you Tim, thank you Max, thank you Mama P., thanks to all the band, and a special thanks for the manager who was so helpful with us.

I'm still on cloud nine after 4 days :fangurl:

Edited by Lucrezia

It's time for my report, even if Lucrezia already told you almost everything! :thumb_yello: I was in the choir too and it was an amazing night, an amazing experience with wonderful people, I will never forget it! Everyone was so kind with us, the band, mama P., the staff, everyone! And what I loved most was the general atmosphere you feel when you're backstage, everything is different, you see things from a very different prospective, and I absolutely loved that feeling!! I miss it so much, I can't stop thinking of it! I consider myself very lucky to have had such a unique opportunity, and I can't thank enough. :blush-anim-cl:

It was an honor to be part of the choir, even because that experience made me know some wonderful people, and I'm not saying it because it's something it's supposed to say, but because I really think they are wonderfull!! I was the youngest girl in the choir, and even more nervous I think, but in the end everything was perfect!

A big thank you to Tim, and all the band, to the staff and to all the members of the choir! THANK YOU! :wub2:

Glad and embaressed at the same time to see pics and videos about Padova, yes, I was in the choir too last night, it was 2 days really mad (as it always happens when it comes to MIKA :roftl: ) I'm still in recovery and still so tired and with low voice!! Normally I don't like to write reports cause I don't think I'm good enough to put down in words all the amazing feelings that came across living an experience like that, but I'll try to come up with something :)

I got the mail for the choir, 1st thought that was a joke, cause I'm a lot out of practice in singing since I was in highschool, but eventually they liked so I was in, Tim came by in the afternoon a lil late, everyone seemed to be late that day :naughty: brought us in and started practice with I'm playing the guitar in acustic and all the band around to hear us and give us some tips, I helped translating what he was saying to the others especially the guys cause they weren't much into english and the lyrics too, but by the time we finished and fix something they were enthusiasthic, quote what also Lucrezia said best entries and the best chorus they ever had :making me red, like an apple: we had time to practice more a lil on the stage and on our own than Mika came and after he got ready to get that stage we had to practice a lil with him, I never forget that moment it was just us him and the band in his restroom, he was tense in the beginning but slowly he melted in hearing us and came up with a big big smile and started to enjoy it and he told me to play big and cool on stage, this was his own words whatever he meant I still dunno :roftl: , but he was happy, I never saw him so happy and that moved me.

On stage everything went well, even if the acustic was really really bad, even his microphone broke beetween Lola and Rain and he didn't figured it out for a couple mins, than when he realised it, started laughing and jocking about it!!

We met after the gig kind as always took some photos, signed what he had to sign, and then said, I'll never forget that night...

As I said earlier this is not even close to what was it like to be there and live it, but I hope you'll appreciate :)

P.s Of course I thank the band, Tim, Mika and everyone who made this experience as perfect as it was, it really made my day!!

In Italy, Padova precisely, some newsparer said the choir was from the singing school of the city, that was absolutely not true, even if some chorist are professional singers, but one of us let them know after it was already published, another hilarious thing that came with that night! :D

This should be all, thx!!