2012 - MIKA @ Gran Teatro, Padova, ITALY - 9 November - REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS

dcdeb

I won't write a report because I'm not a good writer, but I can say that the show was amazing, maybe I liked it more than Rome's show. I had such a special week-end thanks to Mika! :blush-anim-cl:

I made these two videos in Padua:

Stardust

Toy Boy

I know the quality is not the best but my camera is very old, hope you like it anyway :wink2:

I'll post some photos soon...

After a looooooooong period of rest (and I still have cooled :aah:) here's my report for Padova:

First of all, this time I was in the choir and it was the most beautiful thing that ever could happen :fangurl:

Tim came out at about 5 pm and he waited that all the people of choir were there to go inside. Then, once inside, he introduced us to the other members of the choir who were already inside: we were 12 people (6 girls, 6 men)

We signed the release information and they gave us our backstage passes. We had rehersals with the presence of a part of the band and it was really good... Tim made ​​us sing to each of us a piece of origin of love to listen our tone of voice and he divided us into groups of three. He was very kind with us: he helped with the high tone of the songs and he gave us some good advices. At the end he said that we were the most beautiful chorus that he had ever heard! :punk:

After this, we went in our dressing room ( a little room 2x2m :aah: ) and after half an hour we have done the Soundcheck with the all band. Everyone was very happy that night! it was as if we were in a big party!

After that we had a 2 hour break and we decided to rest inside the venue and wait that the fans started to come inside. I had a little chat with some of them and then at 8 pm all the choir went backstage... the boss was coming!

Mama P. gave us the robes and then before the gig started Mika called us in his dressing room to make a little rehearsal with him :wub2: I will never forget that... His voice was perfect! He gave us some tips about choreografy and how to sing some songs.

Finally, the gig started! For me it was a breeze! Being on stage is a wonderful thing! You can see the show from the point of view of the singer and realize that it is difficult to set a show like Mika does! He's such a great artist!

After the gig, we had a M&G. Mika came to us, congratulated us telling that the we were the best choir, signed our album and then we made a picture of him.

I was really happy that night... Everyone was so sweet and kind with us :wub2: So thank you Mika, thank you Tim, thank you Max, thank you Mama P., thanks to all the band, and a special thanks for the manager who was so helpful with us.

I'm still on cloud nine after 4 days :fangurl:

:thumb_yello: Thank you Lucrezia... I'm still flyin' high after 4 days. Siamo stati bravissimi and Brave come ha detto lui!!!

I try to put down in words the feeling of last friday night even if is hard to explain! I was in the choir too and when I received the e mail couldn't believe it. I'm not a singer I just like to sing , anyway as told by Lucrezia and Fra everything was magic in the backstage, Tim , Joy, Max (very funny) the whole band and later mama P. was very very kind with all of us. Mika gave us some tips and told us that the most important this is to have fun..lot of fun..and we had! We sang we danced and we laughed with him. I totally enjoyed this unique experience. Thank you to everyone the band, Mika the guys in the choir (you're amazing) :groupwave:and thanks to my friend Valentina who queued alone outside for 4 hours!!!:mika1:

Since when I've decided that queueing is not for me anymore, I'm more inclined to write reports because I can show you what I saw and places I visited thanks to Mika's gigs! :naughty:

We arrived in Padua around 3 pm and went straight to Cappella degli Scrovegni hoping they will let us in without booking, which they did! It's all painted by Giotto and very well preserved.

023Giotto-CappelladegliScrovegni.jpg

Then we walked around the old centre of the town and everywhere we watched the sight was amazing!

091120121308.jpg

Caffè Pedrocchi, very stylish inside and very old

091120121313.jpg

Palazzo della Ragione (Town Hall)

091120121314.jpg

091120121316.jpg

Then we arrived to another beautiful spot, an enormous oval square called Prato della Valle, which took my breath away

091120121321.jpg

091120121322.jpg

It was almost time to reach our B&B, and we arrived at the venue around 7.30 pm (12 hours after the first queuers :teehee:) and we ended 3rd row lateral.

Not bad, we could even lean on a barrier and rest our backs!

I met some more fans and we handed out the posters we had prepared.

this is mine

cuoregrazie.png

and this is Lilviolet's (Monica IRL)

GrazieMonica.jpg

thanks to her and the ones who had them fotocopied in great numbers! you were amazing! :wub2:

People in the venue were happy to receive the posters, and they cooperated in the best way they could.

There were a lot of girls I know in the choir: Valerria, Lucrezia, Francesca, Elisabetta, Simona...so I was very anxious to watch them performing...what an amazing idea and opportunity! And they were so good, well done girls!

The gig started and Mika was again in front of me...I'll never get tired of this!

But I must confess that I'm getting tired of old songs, and I felt like singing only when he performed the new ones. The sound sucked, Mika's voice was suffocated by the noise of the instrument...there was something in sound balance, you could not hear him sing above the music.

Then the accident during Rain....my God! I felt embarassed for the technicians :teehee:

Then he showed to be a great entertainer: he didn't waste one moment of the show and could fill the gap brilliantly. He was annoyed of course and a huge 'FU*CK' came out of his mouth :naughty:

I also remember he told us a story about his very first job, which was not for the Royal Opera House but happened to be in Italy! His mother used to take them to Venice Carnival and when he was 9 she dressed him as young Mozart (Compiègne anybody? :teehee:). Walking through the town she asked him to stop and start to sing in the street...which he did, and eventually a group of japanese tourists left him a tip! :aah:

He also spotted a boy in front row and told him he was exactly like his brother Fortunè, and everytime he happened to see him while singing he had a moment of bewilderment :hypo:

I liked all the new songs a lot. I think Popular is great live, and could be the disruptive single we all are looking for. So different and so complete.

Stardust is so moving, and Origin so powerful. Raising the posters was a natural gesture, we all wanted to show him our thankfulness and love.

Celebrate has become a totally different song, and people like it al lot, they dance like mad, as at Elle me dit. I guess Mika is very proud to be successful in French too, which is a strange language for successful songs nowadays, especially outside France!

The gig ended with Mika holding our poster toward us, which made me all emotional!

(thanks to Galia)

IMG-20121111-WA0001.jpg

We went outside in the cold, waiting for him in the middle of nowhere and in the dark! :shocked:

Nobody would say anything to us but eventually Mika came out and luckily we could stay behind barriers which limited a park area, so that everyone behaved and the line was naturally formed.

He was kind and fine as usual :kaf:, a quick hallo and he was gone.

one final note is for the numbers and queueing system: it's obvious that this system is not working anymore because the tour manager has changed and all we got in the past was due to the amaziness of John Dubuque.

This said, I hope everyone realizes how pointless is to keep doing this when no one is there to grant it will work. The numbers worked only because John used to came out around 3 pm to meet us and helped us at the entrance. Period.

Things have changed, and we can arrive in the afternoon and get the same as arriving at 6 am.

Edited by robertina

one final note is for the numbers and queueing system: it's obvious that this system is not working anymore because the tour manager has changed and all we got in the past was due to the amaziness of John Dubuque.

This said, I hope everyone realizes how pointless is to keep doing this when no one is there to grant it will work. The numbers worked only because John used to came out around 3 pm to meet us and helped us at the entrance. Period.

Things have changed, and we can arrive in the afternoon and get the same then arriving at 6 am.

sorry, but i disagree with this. the numbers system was there and worked before john helped us with it, and it still does work without thomas' help if a) someone takes care of the organization and b) there's only one door at the venue, like it's the case with many venues on this tour. if 10 or 20 or more people form a proper queue, then those who arrive later will queue at the back of this line. the numbers help those who arrive earlier to form a queue once more people start arriving. so they just allow everyone to walk around and for example chat in groups of friends, or stay under a nearby shelter if it's raining, instead of standing (or sitting) in one line in front of the door all day. of course you're right, there's no guarantee. but then, there never really was - even with john we had some situations where we didn't think it'd work until 1 minute before the doors opened. :dunno:

i noticed on this tour though that the times when the queueing starts aren't as early anymore as they used to be. that's definitely a good development. :thumb_yello:

so they just allow everyone to walk around and for example chat in groups of friends, or stay under a nearby shelter if it's raining, instead of standing (or sitting) in one line in front of the door all day.

I'm with mellody here. I know queuing without numbers and it's really great to queue with numbers in comparison because of the reasons mellody mentioned. You can walk freely, talk to whom you want. While queuing without numbers you have all the time the feeling other people thing you are talking to others because you want a better space. And some people really use their friends for better places. That doesn't happen with numbers. Number 30 can talk with number 1 without any problems with the number-system. Also, you can go to the toilet or buy something to eat and know it won't be any problem. Without numbers you have to hope everyone is nice and leaves you back (mostly they do, but with a number you have kind of a guarantee). Also it's easier to overview and people really will order how the arrived. Without numbers you don't know really any more when the people after 10 arrived - and some use it. For the early queuing it's really important and has a lot of advantages, so we shouldn't stop it.

You don't know if it get's messed up in the end, you never know, but even a messed up number system is much more fair then a messed up non-number-system.

Edited by DerMoment1608

Not in Italy though :no: and security guys never listen to queuers and never try to be helpful. they simply don't want to be bothered and do not care.

John's presence and authority above all those people was absolutely essential.

yeah, maybe you're right that it's this way for italy, i saw how it went in vigevano. :aah: but in munich for example the security guys were very helpful. one of them said he was at the last mika gig in munich and he had never experienced such a quiet and orderly entrance like we had it there with the numbers! so he was very supportive. :thumb_yello:

yeah, maybe you're right that it's this way for italy, i saw how it went in vigevano. :aah: but in munich for example the security guys were very helpful. one of them said he was at the last mika gig in munich and he had never experienced such a quiet and orderly entrance like we had it there with the numbers! so he was very supportive. :thumb_yello:

that's why I'm seriously considering never attend an Italian gig anymore and only go where it's better and safer :mf_rosetinted:

that's why I'm seriously considering never attend an Italian gig anymore and only go where it's better and safer :mf_rosetinted:

ok i don't mind visiting the italian gigs for you then - sometimes i love a bit of italian passionate craziness. :naughty:

JMO of course but I think people should just deal with the local culture and stop trying to implement MFC queuing everywhere they go. If numbers work in Germany then use them. But that doesn't mean this is the way everyone needs to operate everywhere.

We didn't need numbers in the US and it didn't mean you couldn't walk around and speak to people or use the toilets, etc. It's just a less competitive environment and I hope it stays that way instead of people taking their cues from what they hear about European gigs. There was one poor girl who turned up at 3 am even though a queue didn't start to form until 9 hours later. She hadn't gotten into the front row in 2009 and had heard people had been queuing from midnight so she thought she needed to get there in the middle of the night to have a chance this time. And again the midnight queuing in 2009 started 9 hours before a proper queue formed in the morning. I know this kind of thing is learned from hearing about the mad queuing in Europe because nothing ever happens at these US gigs that would make it necessary for anyone to turn up at the crack of dawn, muchless in the middle of the night before.

If Italy is such a disaster every time and venues do not respect queues then I have to wonder if there is any real queuing culture in Italy at all, with or without numbers and whether it's Mika or Katy Perry. I mean what is the point of queuing under these circumstances? Just come at 5 or 6 pm and try your luck. :dunno:

JMO of course but I think people should just deal with the local culture and stop trying to implement MFC queuing everywhere they go. If numbers work in Germany then use them. But that doesn't mean this is the way everyone needs to operate everywhere.

We didn't need numbers in the US and it didn't mean you couldn't walk around and speak to people or use the toilets, etc. It's just a less competitive environment and I hope it stays that way instead of people taking their cues from what they hear about European gigs. There was one poor girl who turned up at 3 am even though a queue didn't start to form until 9 hours later. She hadn't gotten into the front row in 2009 and had heard people had been queuing from midnight so she thought she needed to get there in the middle of the night to have a chance this time. And again the midnight queuing in 2009 started 9 hours before a proper queue formed in the morning. I know this kind of thing is learned from hearing about the mad queuing in Europe because nothing ever happens at these US gigs that would make it necessary for anyone to turn up at the crack of dawn, muchless in the middle of the night before.

If Italy is such a disaster every time and venues do not respect queues then I have to wonder if there is any real queuing culture in Italy at all, with or without numbers and whether it's Mika or Katy Perry. I mean what is the point of queuing under these circumstances? Just come at 5 or 6 pm and try your luck. :dunno:

:lmfao: oh really? have you ever really thought we had one? :lmfao:

I agree, numbers and order and respect are science fiction in Italy without an authority in support. This is what we are.

Thanks for the touristy pics Robi. It looks stunning! :wub2:

And thanks everyone for the reports, especially about the choir as I love hearing those. My first thought when I heard Mika was late was that you would miss out on rehearsals with him so I'm glad he had the chance to spend some time with you before the show started.

:lmfao: oh really? have you ever really thought we had one? :lmfao:.

Well seeing as I have never spent one moment of my life standing in a queue in Italy I have never given it any thought. :roftl:

I had a great book about British culture and there was an entire chapter on queuing. They said even someone who is alone at a bus stop will form "an orderly queue of 1" while waiting for the bus to arrive. :lmfao:

:lmfao: oh really? have you ever really thought we had one? :lmfao:

I agree, numbers and order and respect are science fiction in Italy without an authority in support. This is what we are.

Ha! So true, from a foreigner, Italians just don't do queuing in general and will try to do anything to be sneaky (this also goes for everything in general...) and jump the queue. I did the touristy thing with Roby, and I had a lovely afternoon. The chapel was spectacular. I was a little further back than she was during the gig, but I still had a great time.

Simply...no :doh: In italy everyone tries to cheat!

But, in this specific case of Padova the problem was that the security wanted someone of Mika's management to "order" them to respect numbers so when Tim and another one (don't know his name) came outisde for the choir we told them the numbers were ready to be used and this guy told the number system wasn't used anymore.

So...the security of the venue itsef didn't care about numbers cause the management didn't care either.

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
  • silver changed the title to 2012 - MIKA @ Gran Teatro, Padova, ITALY - 9 November - REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS