2013 - National Doodle Day 8 February

dcdeb

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The interesting thing about that, is that anyone scrolling through the doodles, will see his is way out in front, and it makes me wonder what they are thinking when they see it. As most people seem to think he's disappeared off the face of the earth, this must be quite a surprise for them.

Indeed.

Well I certainly wouldn't be getting any prizes because I haven't a clue??? :blink:

If you think back to the MFC anniversary auction the shoes came down to two people. I could be wrong of course.

On all these charity auctions I always find it incredible that Mika's things are always way out ahead of most of the others. On this one it is currently more than double Rolf Harris's offering - and his work goes for thousands these days.

However, I have been convinced for a while that there are two or three people who bid for the Mika items....very probably the same few people bidding against each other every time!

I feel sorry for the doodler's who don't have any bids! :tears:

The same few very rich people. :blink:At least it raises lots for charity, even if it does make his auction items a little out of the reach of the rest of us.

If you think back to the MFC anniversary auction the shoes came down to two people. I could be wrong of course.

I think one of them is too busy on a uni trip among other things to be bidding at the moment :wink2:

The next bid must be over 620 pounds. :wink2: You have 2 hours and 55 mins to bid left!

I bid 590 pounds and we were outbid immmediately :mf_rosetinted:

Good luck to all you bidders out there :thumb_yello:

Somebody must have automatic bids on.

Good luck to all bidders :thumb_yello:

He is on the second place :thumb_yello:

National Doodle Day ‏@DoodleDay

Top selling 5 doodles were: Rolf Harris £820, @mikasounds £640, @IanMcKellen £560, Joanna Lumley £535 and @Charlton_Bobby £510

National Doodle Day ‏@DoodleDay

And the grand total is £14,549.33! - the highest total in nearly 10 years! #doodleday

From Mika's facebook:

Bidding for Mika's doodle in aid of Epilepsy Action ended last night and raised a whopping £640 – we can't believe it! Thanks for all your support, we know the charity are very grateful and will use the money to help change people's lives through their amazing work. Congratulations to the highest bidder, enjoy it!

524939_10151340661733040_1281259933_n.jpg

• 2 years later...