MIKA @ La Grande Armada, Rouen, France - 14 June 2013

dcdeb

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the only French gig I am looking at, but mainly because the whole Armada event seems so interesting.

But the travel will be expensive :sad:

And I guess all the hotels will be booked up already :sad:

HMMMMM. Just been looking. It does sound good.....mostly because it is billed as a concert and will hopefully be a bit longer than a festival apperance. Well, when I say 'good' what I mean is - about as good as it is probably going to get this year. :mf_rosetinted:

I have also just been looking on Booking.com and they still have some semi reasonably priced hotel rooms left. Travel isn't cheap though.

I presume it will take place in the city centre? Bit difficult to tell.

Can't decide.

HMMMMM. Just been looking. It does sound good.....mostly because it is billed as a concert and will hopefully be a bit longer than a festival apperance. Well, when I say 'good' what I mean is - about as good as it is probably going to get this year. :mf_rosetinted:

I have also just been looking on Booking.com and they still have some semi reasonably priced hotel rooms left. Travel isn't cheap though.

Can't decide.

I can't find the address for the venue which makes it difficult to look for a hotel. :dunno:

I don't think there is an address actually. The gig will take place on the bank of river Seine.

You just have to book a hotel in Rouen.

From their site: "Des millions de visiteurs sont de nouveau attendus sur les quais du port de Rouen. Ils profiteront de concerts, de feux d’artifices géants et de nombreuses animations et bien sûr visiteront gratuitement la cinquantaine de navires présents".

Mika's gig has been confirmed on the Grand Armada official site :

14/06/2013

17:00

Inauguration officielle de l'installation de l'ancre de la "Jeanne d'Arc" à la pointe de l'île Lacroix

21:00

Concert de MIKA

I found this contact, just in case:

Armada de la liberté

Hangar 105

Quai Jean de Béthencourt

76100 ROUEN

T. +33(0)2 35 89 20 03

F. +33(0)2 35 15 45 45

Edited by macboll

The Armada site's got an official page in English.

In 2013, the association “L’Armada de la liberté” - “The Sails of Freedom” will be celebrating its 25th anniversary and its 6th edition of the Armada that is to be held from 6th to 16th June 2013. Millions of visitors are once again expected along the quays of the port of Rouen. They will enjoy concerts, gigantic fireworks and plenty of other entertainments. And of course, they will visit freely the 50 vessels present. The finest and largest sailing ships, the most modern warships and many other outstanding ships, coming from all over the world, will have sailed up the 120 kilometres of the River Seine through the beautiful landscapes of Normandy.

From Le Havre to Paris, the Armada has become a major unifying event along the River Seine.

signature

Can't decide.

Eurolines do coaches to Rouen, so I'm a bit tempted. Depends on if I can get a job in the next couple of months.

The Armada site's got an official page in English.

Thanks for that :thumb_yello:, If it was a couple of weeks later I could actually have done this as an 'educational trip' as it sounds quite interesting....and then travelled on and done other things in France. But it is still term time. :doh:

How much are the fares?

i've checked and can't get anything up for Rouen :blink:

At the moment there are no fares up for anywhere beyond April. I think it's a 12 week thing like the trains do.

At the moment there are no fares up for anywhere beyond April. I think it's a 12 week thing like the trains do.

Just put in dates for April then - it will at least give you an idea of the fares. But how long does the journey take?

Just put in dates for April then - it will at least give you an idea of the fares. But how long does the journey take?

Well to Amsterdam it's between 9-11 hours,depending on traffic. Not sure how far Rouen is from Calais.

As it's a big event, there are UK coach companies doing trips to Rouen, travelling out on 13th, back on 17th. £419 pp including hotels.

Hmmm, just looked at the timetables, and can't see Rouen on them, though I'm sure I saw it on the list at the terminus at Victoria.

• 1 month later...