MIKA @ Le Poisson Rouge NEW YORK, NY - 9 April 2013

dcdeb

MIKA @ Le Poisson Rouge NEW YORK, NY - 9 April 2013

Show is 18+ but minors may attend if accompanied by legal guardian.

Doors Open:

7:00 PM

Show Time:

8:00 PM

Tickets: $35

Tickets go on sale to the general public on 2/20 at 10 a.m. HERE.

Le Poisson Rouge

158 Bleecker Street | 212.505.FISH | info@lprnyc.com

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are you sure minors can attend with a legal guardian? I really hope it is that way!

Well, that's what the venue's recording says -- I called there yesterday to ask about tickets, and ended up listening to their recording a couple times.

:dunno:

Lots of younglings went to the show at this venue in 2009 so it sounds right.

One thing everyone should know about this venue is that there is a bar right outside the doors to the actual room where Mika will perform and they led us into the bar about an hour before the doors opened. This wreaked total havoc with the queue because there is not enough room in this bar to maintain a queue and New Yorkers do whatever they want. :wink2: It required negotiation with and strict enforcement by venue security to make sure that people were allowed in in the order that they queued.

Anyone who is queuing should make friends with security and discuss how this is going to go. You may need numbers or some other system and total cooperation from security or you may lose your spot as hundreds of people are crammed into this bar and try to push their way through to the doors.

This was 4 years ago so things may have changed but generally this venue is for perfomances by classical pianists and that kind of thing and I don't think they usually deal with ardent pop fans queuing all day to try to get to the front of the stage.

Are you sure minors can attend with a legal guardian? I really hope it is that way!

I double-checked with them today on Twitter, and this was their reply:

@dcdeb minors with a guardian are allowed at 18+ events, but not at 21+ events.

This show is 18+ so if you have a guardian you should be A-OK! :thumb_yello:

• 2 weeks later...
so ur decided ur not going to this one? :tears:

No it's the most amazing venue ever so I'll probably regret it but I just can't handle running back and forth with gigs every day. If I could I would have made Montreal a priority. I only bought the tickets as a backup in case I decided to spend the week in NYC instead of going to DC. But I've picked DC for many reasons so that's that. I really wish he was doing LPR on the 12th but what can you do :huh:

so excited yay!!!!

I went to the 2009 mika concert here and I remember the queue disaster that Christine described above. I'm dreading that. But hopefully it'll turn out fine this time. Either way I'm excited to see mika again!!!

Christine, I'm sad you're not coming. I actually won't have school the next day so I can spend more time with you guys after the concert (sorry I had to leave early last time)! Deb, are you coming to this one??!

Christine, I'm sad you're not coming. I actually won't have school the next day so I can spend more time with you guys after the concert (sorry I had to leave early last time)! Deb, are you coming to this one??!

No Deb is not going either. We'll be in Brooklyn though. Will you be in Brooklyn too? If so we'll see you there! :biggrin2:

I missed the tickets for brooklyn. I might just splurge and get them from stubhub. So I will probably be there! :naughty::teehee:

Oh, hope we do see you in Brooklyn! I'll probably really be sorry I decided to miss LPR, but it's just not practical. Well, seeing Mika 3 times in 3 cities in one week, isn't exactly practical either, but that one extra trip to NYC just tips the scale. :sad:

• 3 weeks later...

I can't wait to see you all tomorrow! I just did some lollipop nails for the occasion :-) What time are people thinking about lining up? I was thinking I'd like to get there around noon.

post-24178-142983699548_thumb.jpg

I can't wait to see you all tomorrow! I just did some lollipop nails for the occasion :-) What time are people thinking about lining up? I was thinking I'd like to get there around noon.

oo cute!!:thumb_yello:

a few ppl said early-mid afternoon...see u guys tmrw!!:thumb_yello: