Century Man - lyrics and discussion

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love this song. I hope he records it :blush-anim-cl:. It reminded me of the early MIKA, his first album. It's such a simple song.

Again, I think this tour is great because people can really hear his voice. It's basically just his voice and the piano :mikalove:

That's because he created it many years ago. :teehee:

So< I was right :mf_rosetinted: But in some other way :aah:

And when exactly he created it? Can you tell me more info please? I'm totally enchanted by this song, I don't remember any other song that made me choke with tears while smiling from the first hearing!

Edited by Dreamy_Queen

So< I was right :mf_rosetinted: But in some other way :aah:

And when exactly he created it? Can you tell me more info please? I'm totally enchanted by this song, I don't remember any other song that made me choke with tears while smiling from the first hearing!

Yes you're right. :wink2:

He first performed it on August 10, 2007 so it's at least as old as that. Maybe it was a demo for LICM but never made the cut. Not sure.

Yes you're right. :wink2:

He first performed it on August 10, 2007 so it's at least as old as that. Maybe it was a demo for LICM but never made the cut. Not sure.

It's all a bit sad... I mean - hope he will write something with the same power in the future.

Do we actually know how much "Century Man 2013" has in common with "Century Man 2007"? Could be another "Overrated", too. Is somebody here who was at the gig in N.Y. 2007 (and still remembers it :naughty:)?

I know someone who was there. I will ask. :naughty: I imagine the lyrics have changed a bit to suit the movie. But a couple of things seem like typical Mika clichés to me.

I know someone who was there. I will ask. :naughty: I imagine the lyrics have changed a bit to suit the movie. But a couple of things seem like typical Mika clichés to me.

Yes please, could you? I'm really interested in this question. Because this song caught me too much :aah:

Moreover, to tell the truth I hope that it has the destiny of "another Overrated'. I want to believe that he hadn't changed so much his style and still can write in his mikaish way (I sincerely admire many of the new songs, but I still remember what exactly impacted on me so much when I saw him in 2007).

Do we actually know how much "Century Man 2013" has in common with "Century Man 2007"? Could be another "Overrated", too. Is somebody here who was at the gig in N.Y. 2007 (and still remembers it :naughty:)?

"Century man 2007"??:blink:

He sang the song for the first time in 2007 but we don't know how much he has changed it since then since we don't have a recording from 2007.

I didn't know that:blink:We have a video of this version??

he performed it in Chicago on the 3rd. mentioned the whole movie thing too. And I promptly fell in LOVE with this song. so so good. Just absolutely got stuck in my brain.