Century Man - lyrics and discussion

Mika has been playing this song on tour and we finally have a video. It started off as an old song from at least as far back as 2007 but now he has apparently been working on it for a movie.

[YOUTUBE]3oNEJ4fc-z8[/YOUTUBE]

Here is a very rough draft/best guess of the lyrics so far. Any contributions welcome!

Century Man

Isn't it nice
To be the one who is applauded and adored
To have a regular conversation with the Lord
To be the keeper of the skies above
Yet I'm the only one who's never asked of love

I used to be a troll
I felt like an ugly doll
Running from place to place
Stuffin my big fat face
Going a thousand miles
In the same direction
I'm gonna touch that sky

I'm a century man
Just look at me
I'm a century man
Why can't you see
You could be so much better than you were before
You'll have the whole world come a knockin at your door
I'm a century man

Isn't it grand
To be the only one to listen to their pleas
To have them watchin as they're fallin on their knees
To be the keeper to the stars above
Yet I'm the only one who's never asked of love
Now take a look at me
And tell me what you will see
Since I'm a the sonic whore (Some supersonic whore?)
Instead of the boy next door
Going a thousand miles in the same intention
I'm gonna touch that sky

I'm a century man
Just look at me
I'm a century man
Why can't you see
You could be so much better than you were before
You'll have the whole world come a knockin at your door
I'm a century man

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I sneakily downloaded it after the video stopped working because I had it loaded on my computer before it was taken down. Only listened to it once, liked it, played it on my ukulele and now forgotten it completely. Don't think I am going to listen again or look at the lyrics; it doesn't seem right to actually know it. But having heard it is a special feeling!

Looks like I arrived too late to the party...

Me too :sad: Where is the after-party? :mf_rosetinted:

Edit: Never mind, the after-party was found :naughty:

Edited by Milda

I have a really short, bad quality recording of it. You can't hear a whole lot, but it gives a feel for the song. I have it posted on my YouTube, but I don't want to make any trouble here with posting a recording. I can put video here if you want to get a feel for it, but I certainly don't want to cause any stirs with having an 'illegal' recording.

I hear "Going a thousand miles..."

Yes someone suggested that to me today along with a few other additions. I think you're right. :thumb_yello:

I have a really short, bad quality recording of it. You can't hear a whole lot, but it gives a feel for the song. I have it posted on my YouTube, but I don't want to make any trouble here with posting a recording. I can put video here if you want to get a feel for it, but I certainly don't want to cause any stirs with having an 'illegal' recording.

You can post it if you want. It's no more illegal than any other concert footage out there. I think people who weren't even at these gigs should stay out of it personally. It's your decision.

A bit of (TERRIBLE QUALITY) Century Man. Mostly chorus, I believe. It's not very good, as it was recorded on my cell phone, but it can give you a little feel for it. I personally LOVE this song, and I'm very happy he played it at the Portland gig.:wink2:

Thanks Micah. And thanks for your gig report the other night. It was a lot of fun reading about your excitement. Makes me look forward to the shows I'm going to next week. :flowers2:

Thank you!!! I hope you have as much fun at yours! He really puts on the best show I've ever seen! So much charisma!

Thank you!!! I hope you have as much fun at yours! He really puts on the best show I've ever seen! So much charisma!

Yes so I've heard! :wink2:

Here is another version of the song. Hopefully everyone on Twitter has gotten over themselves and will not harass the person who posted it :mf_rosetinted:

[YOUTUBE]3oNEJ4fc-z8[/YOUTUBE]