Century Man - lyrics and discussion

It really doesn`t matter to me whether this song was sung in 2007 or other year...

It is beautiful and fantastic and brilliant the way it sounds NOW!

The song is impressive and I do understand what Dreamy Queen means saying it`s "mikaish". Things like Century Man fascinate me as true Mika`s music, they display all range of his composer`s gift. If it catches you from the very 1st second - yes, this is unmistakably Mika at his best:mikalove:

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It really doesn`t matter to me whether this song was sung in 2007 or other year...

It is beautiful and fantastic and brilliant the way it sounds NOW!

The song is impressive and I do understand what Dreamy Queen means saying it`s "mikaish". Things like Century Man fascinate me as true Mika`s music, they display all range of his composer`s gift. If it catches you from the very 1st second - yes, this is unmistakably Mika at his best:mikalove:

:huglove::thumb_yello:

here's another version

[YOUTUBE]Frb41kE2TN8&feature=youtu.be[/YOUTUBE]

great sound quality, it's easier to get the lyrics :thumb_yello:

Precious Mika and adorable song (and priceless video!) :bow:

Edited by Dreamy_Queen

Was watching the video once again and I realized that this song makes me smile every time I hear it no matter what! What an amazing melody, what a brilliant song!!!:wub2:

Totally agree - this is MIKA !!! :thumb_yello::fisch:

Love,love

me

Was watching the video once again and I realized that this song makes me smile every time I hear it no matter what! What an amazing melody, what a brilliant song!!!:wub2:

I have to agree! It makes me happy and humming along with it. And I've got it stuck in my head at the moment. :naughty: I really love it. :wub2:

• 4 weeks later...
He sang the song for the first time in 2007 but we don't know how much he has changed it since then since we don't have a recording from 2007.

oooh i had heard of this lost 2007 song but didn't make the connection to this 2013 song til now :doh:

I have to agree! It makes me happy and humming along with it. And I've got it stuck in my head at the moment. :naughty: I really love it. :wub2:

Stuck in mine right too.... guess it's my fault for listening to it 10 times this morning... and 20 times yesterday :naughty:

• 4 weeks later...
here's another version

[YOUTUBE]Frb41kE2TN8&feature=youtu.be[/YOUTUBE]

I'm so in love with this song :wub2: I've realized how lucky I was to hear it live in California several times. A bit sad to think he probably won't do it again. It's definitely one of my all time favorites, so powerful performed this way (acoustic, and especially with the drums).

I'm so in love with this song :wub2: I've realized how lucky I was to hear it live in California several times. A bit sad to think he probably won't do it again. It's definitely one of my all time favorites, so powerful performed this way (acoustic, and especially with the drums).

Maybe he has to wait for the movie to come out before he can do it in public and that's what all the nonsense regarding no videos was about. Maybe one day...

Maybe he has to wait for the movie to come out before he can do it in public and that's what all the nonsense regarding no videos was about. Maybe one day...

That's what I was thinking too. But I'm just worried he won't do it again. What happened to Ring Ring, Lady Jane, I See You...? All my favorites.

That's what I was thinking too. But I'm just worried he won't do it again. What happened to Ring Ring, Lady Jane, I See You...? All my favorites.

I'm sure he'll do Century Man again. Did he sing Kick Ass live before the movie was out ? No (or I just don't know as I wasn't following him at that time). But he played it after. :thumb_yello:

And for Ring ring, Lady Jane and I see you. :dunno: Maybe he'll play them again. :crossed:

They were never commercially successful songs. That's why I say "maybe". I guess it depends what happens with the movie. I think if it does well Mika's pride will kick in and he'll want to show everyone it's his song. :naughty:

I'm sure he'll do Century Man again. Did he sing Kick Ass live before the movie was out ? No (or I just don't know as I wasn't following him at that time).

No he refused to play it for the longest time and we had to harass him into it. :naughty: I don't think he likes it much.

No he refused to play it for the longest time and we had to harass him into it. :naughty: I don't think he likes it much.

Oh yes I remember now. I still don't get why he doesn't like this song. :teehee:

They were never commercially successful songs. That's why I say "maybe". I guess it depends what happens with the movie. I think if it does well Mika's pride will kick in and he'll want to show everyone it's his song. :naughty:

But for example Ring Ring was a great live song? Can't understand why he stopped doing it. I really hope Century Man does well and he wants to show it's his :naughty: I wonder how it will sound in the movie performed by an actor (who is not a proper singer)... Really curious to see the movie.

But for example Ring Ring was a great live song? Can't understand why he stopped doing it. I really hope Century Man does well and he wants to show it's his :naughty: I wonder how it will sound in the movie performed by an actor (who is not a proper singer)... Really curious to see the movie.

Me too.