MIKA @Paris, Place de la Bastille - 21 May 2013 : 21-05-2013

sfsmg1

MIKA @ Paris, Place de la Bastille

Tuesday 21st May 2013

From 7 pm to midnight

CONCERT21MAI.png

To celebrate the acceptation of the law about Gay Marriage in France, MIKA will be in Paris at Place de la Bastille in a free show, from 7 pm to midnight !

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is amazing. I can't believe this time last year Mika wasn't even officially out. The whole gay rights movement is moving along at such a fast pace (even if there's still a long way to go). It's really heartwarming to see.

just few questions :)

do you know if it will be,a proper Mika gig or just few songs?

do you think it's worth the travelling (from Rome in my case)?

Other artists will sing but we only know the name of Mika for the moment. Not sure that he will sing an hour.

I'm not coming because I have an exam the next morning but not only I'm not really reassured.I didn't really want feel like getting gassed and clubbed by police and riot police if there are problem with the protesters against marriage for everyone.

I don't know what to do... I just asked it to the event page on twitter ...

Because it's during the week and there are classes and work, and it wouldn't worth it if it would be just few songs from Mika

I'm not coming because I have an exam the next morning but not only I'm not really reassured.I didn't really want feel like getting gassed and clubbed by police and riot police if there are problem with the protesters against marriage for everyone.

Are people still protesting this? I thought they already had their say and the law was passed. Time to move on.

Are people still protesting this? I thought they already had their say and the law was passed. Time to move on.

I's time for these people to move on, you're right :wink2: I know there were quite a lot of protesters but gay marriage has been officially voted so why would they spoil the fun?

Moreover,I think the police and security staff will be there to make sure there's no mess, fuss or big trouble :mf_rosetinted:

I's time for these people to move on, you're right :wink2: I know there were quite a lot of protesters but gay marriage has been officially voted so why would they spoil the fun?

Moreover,I think the police and security staff will be there to make sure there's no mess, fuss or big trouble :mf_rosetinted:

They're still hoping the constitutional council will cancel the law...

Other artists will sing but we only know the name of Mika for the moment. Not sure that he will sing an hour.

So. My opinion is that Mika will perform for 2 hours, like a regular show. Because on the Mika's facebook page, they announced a FREE SHOW, so like a summer show, and a show by Mika it's not only few songs.

I think that Mika will be on stage between 10 pm to midnight. Other little french artists will perform and members of LGBT will speak between 7 pm and 10 pm.

What would be the point in protesting this event anyway? Everyone there will be pro-gay marriage obviously. It's not like it's going to influence the political process like a proper demonstration.

They're still hoping the constitutional council will cancel the law...

:thumbdown:

So. My opinion is that Mika will perform for 2 hours, like a regular show. Because on the Mika's facebook page, they announced a FREE SHOW, so like a summer show, and a show by Mika it's not only few songs.

I would think that's the case. It looks like Mika is the headliner to me so if the event runs several hours he'll do a full set.

Yes, people continue to protest, it's France :doh: In 2006, students have made violent protest to remove a part of a law and it worked. It was really hell, students vandalized and burned shops, streets, universities, including the Sorbonne, where I was studying. Protesters against the law of marriage for all are angels next to these students, but police now uses a little too easily violence against protesters.

I've seen some negative tweets about this concert from some organisations,saying that this event must be cancelled :huh:

They can't cancel a show like this. If you talk about La Manif Pour tous, it's only words, words and words... I think that this night will be made in a correct atmosphere.

They can't cancel a show like this. If you talk about La Manif Pour tous, it's only words, words and words... I think that this night will be made in a correct atmosphere.

I hope so :thumb_yello: One of them were claiming that this law is against children's rights :blink: