Monte-Carlo Sporting Summer Festival, Monaco - Aug. 6, 2013 : REPORTS/ PICS/VIDEOS

guylainem123

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had never been to Monaco before, although it's less than a couple of hours drive away from where I live.

So, since this year no Mika gigs were planned in Italy, hubby and I decided to attend this one, and that must have been the main reason why so many Italians were there.

During the day the heat was almost unbearable, while during the night the temperature was pleasant.

The venue 'La Salle des Étoiles' is opened at the back and is overlooking the sea, so it was like being outdoor; the show started at 10, it lasted exactly 1 hour and a half, until 11.30.

There were many people, but it wasn't packed: at the back there was enough place to move and dance.

It was a great party, Mika was in top shape both physically and vocally as well as in a good mood, looked at ease and confident on stage, played the piano a lot; he kept on moving from one side of the stage to the other, but didn't jump much. His voice was powerful, precise, confident and crystal clear from beginning to end, to me he was simply perfect, he's incredibly getting better and better in every respect (and we all know his level is already excellent)

On stage he's an impeccable director and has literally the audience in his hands, who were very responsive: we sang along, clapped and danced a lot and had much fun with the giant balloons during Celebrate! :D

He spoke mostly in French, but said a few sentences in Italian as well, and he's clearly improving the language a lot.

DSC00189.jpg

I was totally overwhelmed by his voice and presence, and although he didn't sing many new songs, it's one of my favorite performances ever. The sound was excellent, not too loud, so we could enjoy it to the fullest.

The setting was simple, colored and fresh and the colored lights played an important role as well.

'Comme Un Soleil Mal Lunè' was the perfect opening: since the first notes I was taken into another world, it was like dreaming and floating in the air, and it doesn't happen to me every time.

During Relax, when I woke up from my dream for a second realizing where I was and how I felt, I became teary eyed, probably because the song opened so many Mika concerts and the beginning of the show is one of the most exciting moments, as you're aware, that you'll have a fantastic time for a couple of hour.

The older songs sometimes bore me, but not this time: the new arrangements, intros and outros are fabulous, they bring them to new life; I also loved his little chats, especially before Billy Brown, Big Girl and LYWID: I adore and appreciate his rare ability of giving out important and serious messages, being fun and entertaining at the same time.

And I was enthusiastic about him playing again so many songs at the piano! He played parts of most songs actually, wow, a dream come true!

During the piano intro to Love Today some notes reminded me of The Only Lonely One: my heart skipped a beat, but then I realized it was Love Today.

Origin Of Love and Underwater are magic: he's an amazing interpreter of all his songs, but you can see that these ones really mean a lot to him atm. One of the most intense moments was singing 'Underwater' all together, it gave a great sense of union and well-being: it was such an overwhelming feeling, that I got a lump in my throat, and every time I think of, or watch or listen to it I can't help but smile and have chills down my spine.

It reminds me of a verse from 'Live Your Life':

We take a whole room full of strangers

And we make them friends

We do it all around the world

Just so it never ends

The intro to EMD is adorable as well: 'Elle me dit dance, je vex pas dancer' (I don't wanna dance): it's sad, meaningful and fun at the same time.

And I like the new verse in We Are Golden: 'I am not what you think I am' :das:

We were so lucky as to have the always touching Over My Shoulder as an encore: everyone was listening to his sublime voice in awe; he concluded with Lollipop as usual, with the great new piano intro and outro.

This night will always be among my special Mika memories, the videos and pics help me live it again and again.

After the show it was so nice chatting with many fans and meet some of them for the first time!

He came out to greet us at about 1 am, earlier than I expected, and he was kind and lovely to everyone as usual.

The next day hubby and I, we admired the breathtaking view of Monte Carlo/Monaco from on high one last time, before heading home.

DSC01418.jpg

The venue is the round building on the little peninsula on the left

DSC01425.jpg

Edited by mari62

I had never been to Monaco before, although it's less than a couple of hours drive away from where I live.

So, since this year no Mika gigs were planned in Italy, hubby and I decided to attend this one, and that must have been the main reason why so many Italians were there.

During the day the heat was almost unbearable, while during the night the temperature was pleasant.

The venue 'La Salle des Étoiles' is opened at the back and is overlooking the sea, so it was like being outdoor; the show started at 10, it lasted exactly 1 hour and a half, until 11.30.

There were many people, but it wasn't packed: at the back there was enough place to move and dance.

It was a great party, Mika was in top shape both physically and vocally as well as in a good mood, looked at ease and confident on stage, played the piano a lot; he kept on moving from one side of the stage to the other, but didn't jump much. His voice was powerful, precise, confident and crystal clear from beginning to end, to me he was simply perfect, he's incredibly getting better and better in every respect.

On stage he's an impeccable director and has literally the audience in his hands, who were very responsive: we sang along, clapped and danced a lot and had much fun with the giant balloons during Celebrate! :D

He spoke mostly in French, but said a few sentences in Italian as well, and he's clearly improving the language a lot.

DSC00189.jpg

I was totally overwhelmed by his voice and presence, and although he didn't sing many new songs, it's one of my favorite performances ever. The sound was excellent, not too loud, so we could enjoy it to the fullest.

The setting was simple, colored and fresh and the colored lights played an important role as well.

'Comme Un Soleil Mal Lunè' was the perfect opening: since the first notes I was taken into another world, it was like dreaming and floating in the air, and it doesn't happen to me every time.

During Relax, when I woke up from my dream for a second realizing where I was and how I felt, I became teary eyed, probably because the song opened so many Mika concerts and the beginning of the show is one of the most exciting moments, as you're aware, that you'll have a fantastic time for a couple of hour.

The older songs sometimes bore me, but not this time: the new arrangements, intros and outros are fabulous, they bring them to new life; I also loved his little chats, especially before Billy Brown, Big Girl and LYWID: I adore and appreciate his rare ability of giving out important and serious messages, being fun and entertaining at the same time.

And I was enthusiastic about him playing again so many songs at the piano! He played parts of most songs actually, wow, a dream come true!

During the piano intro to Love Today some notes reminded me of The Only Lonely One: my heart skipped a beat, but then I realized it was Love Today.

Origin Of Love and Underwater are magic: he's an amazing interpreter of all his songs, but you can see that these ones really mean a lot to him atm. One of the most intense moments was singing 'Underwater' all together, it gave a great sense of union and well-being: it was such an overwhelming feeling, that I got a lump in my throat, and every time I think of, or watch or listen to it I can't help but smile and have chills down my spine.

And we make them friends

Just so it never ends

The intro to EMD is adorable as well: 'Elle me dit dance, je vex pas dancer' (I don't wanna dance): it's sad, meaningful and fun at the same time.

We were so lucky as to have the always touching Over My Shoulder as an encore: everyone was listening to his sublime voice in awe; he concluded with Lollipop as usual, with the great new piano intro and outro.

This night will always be among my special Mika memories, the videos and pics help me live it again and again.

After the show it was so nice chatting with many fans and meet some of them for the first time!

He came out to greet us at about 1 am, earlier than I expected, and he was kind and lovely to everyone as usual.

The next day hubby and I, we admired the breathtaking view of Monte Carlo/Monaco from on high one last time, before heading home.

DSC01418.jpg

DSC01425.jpg

Thank you sooo very much for this lovely and warm gig report, incl. beautiful photos from Monaco !! :thumb_yello: It's so funny what you write about not being there earlier, even living so close - cause when I was there in May, for the first time, with three female friends ( Nice, Monte Carlo and Cannes in 5 days ) I saw the sign Genoa in the middle of the city, and I thought about you !! :blush-anim-cl: Wow, are we that close to Marina !? hehe :aah::wub2:

Love,love

me

It was a great party, Mika was in top shape both physically and vocally as well as in a good mood, looked at ease and confident on stage, played the piano a lot; he kept on moving from one side of the stage to the other, but didn't jump much. His voice was powerful, precise, confident and crystal clear from beginning to end, to me he was simply perfect, he's incredibly getting better and better in every respect.

DSC00189.jpg

And we make them friends

Just so it never ends

DSC01418.jpg

DSC01425.jpg

Aww Marina, reading your report it's like being there, and I've returned to live the magical night I lived two months ago when I saw him for the last time this year :sad: Thanks a lot Marina for your detailed and touching report :flowers2:

Edited by Mikasister

I'm pleased you all enjoyed my report :wub2:

Thank you sooo very much for this lovely and warm gig report, incl. beautiful photos from Monaco !! :thumb_yello: It's so funny what you write about not being there earlier, even living so close - cause when I was there in May, for the first time, with three female friends ( Nice, Monte Carlo and Cannes in 5 days ) I saw the sign Genoa in the middle of the city, and I thought about you !! :blush-anim-cl: Wow, are we that close to Marina !? hehe :aah::wub2:

Love,love

me

oh really? :blush-anim-cl::wub2:

Thanks for your report, Marina! Seems it was a very magical night...

Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks he improved a lot in the last year. Especially as a band conductor:thumb_yello:

:thumb_yello:

it was indeed :wub2:

Aww Marina, reading your report it's like being there, and I've returned to live the magical night I lived two months ago when I saw him for the last time this year :sad: Thanks a lot Marina for your detailed and touching report :flowers2:
Lovely report, Marina :flowers2:
It was a great evening!

Thank you for the report, Marina.

Lovely memories! :-)

it was indeed! :wub2:

First of all thanks everyone for the pics and videos! Seeing them is a bit like turning back time and being at this incredible gig.

The concert in Monaco was super amazing!!

The start with Un Soleil Mal Luné was truly magical! I cant imagine a better way to start a concert. Such an emotional and beautiful song and performance!

All the new intros/outros and arrangements were all so exciting to hear! Even though I'm never ever bored of hearing the old versions it's very fascinating to discover this new and fresh way to approach the songs we've known for years now.

One of my favorite moments was the Big Girl intro, it made me smile a lot!

Hearing Mika play the piano a lot was a dream come true for me! He really is an amazing piano player. You can feel the emotion when he plays and that is the most important thing when it comes to playing the piano. I was listening to the Ronquieres audio the other day and he said you're going to be happy to hear that for the next songs only Curtis is going to play the piano. I was like no way, how can we be happy to hear that?!? I very much appreciate it when Mika plays the piano:wub2:

Over My Shoulder was such a wonderful surprise, it felt as though we were given the most wonderful gift! It truly was such a beautiful performance!!!

Origin of Love and Underwater were both highlights of the show for me! Can't properly describe how much I enjoyed hearing them. They were simply incredibly brilliant! The part were everyone sings during Underwater is always so heartwarming!

The audience was very responsive, everyone sung and danced and you could see they were having the time of their lives. It always makes me happy to see that, he deserves to have an enthusiastic audience so much.

The Monaco concert was perfect! It made me smile so much and meeting Mika after the gig was equally heartwarming:wub2: