Eurovision 2014

LeiRe

Well, having listened to the recent ones, I think I like the Swedish song best.

I like the Slovenian and Romanian entries, but I don't think they are quite different enough to win.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, having listened to the recent ones, I think I like the Swedish song best.

I like the Slovenian and Romanian entries, but I don't think they are quite different enough to win.

I think Swedish song is a little boring althought it sounds better when you just listen and don't look (that's what I think anyway...) But I guess I'm a little biased because for Finns it's not the point that we win but that we are better than Swedes...:naughty:

I'm starting to like Armenia:

[YOUTUBE]ChkJpnOgIwQ[/YOUTUBE]

And also what's up with the cakes this year??? Both Belarus and Latvia are singing about cakes:blink: So welcome Cakevision 2014!!!:thumb_yello:

Yesterday we heard the song for the first time, sung by Ilse de Lange and Waylon. Think it's a boring song. Ilse is a great singer/songwriter. She wrote beautiful songs, but this one is not her best.

And Waylon has a great voice, a bit raw, but that's not heard in this song.

http://www.nrc.nl/nieuws/2014/03/12/kijken-hiermee-gaan-ilse-delange-en-waylon-naar-het-songfestival/

Here is the studio version of the song:

hkrF8uC92O4

I'm starting to like Armenia:

[YOUTUBE]ChkJpnOgIwQ[/YOUTUBE]

My absolute favorite this year!!! I think this song is genius. This totally different structure is fascinating: how it builds up and up until it explodes in the dub step part and than gets small and intimate again. And this song is able to trigger emotions in me, I get the chills every time I listen to it.

These are the last missing songs:

ipQswujA5gw

Azerbaijan: Dilara Kazimova – Start a fire

60QdHa4Pkhs

Russia: Tolmachevy Twins – Shine

APWpOkRQoiY

Belgium: Axel Hirsoux – Mother

tbL5Mz75APc

Moldova: Cristina Scarlat – Wild soul

CcTiPW-X8q4

Portugal: Suzy – Quiero ser tua

vt_3yms1PcM

San Marino: Valentina Monetta – Maybe

o9ixkdkbieU

Georgia: The Shin feat. Mariko Ebralidze – Three minutes to the earth

f0joiAcMMd8

Norway: Carl Espen – Silent Storm

uK0AJurBWEA

Greece: Freaky Fortune feat. Risky Kidd – Rise up

And these 4 songs have been translated into English and/or got revamped and are therefore quite different than the versions posted before:

J4ABpIspdic

Albania: Hersi Matmuja – One night in anger

TwfGKEIn5xw

Iceland: Pollapönk – No prejudice

sdAf2EjhRiE

Ukraine: Maria Yaremchuk – Tick Tock

P9R96ZoWJBU

Spain: Ruth Lorenzo – Dancing in the rain

• 1 month later...

I saw the first semi-final and was surprised that noone's here.. :aah:

I was kinda disappointed with the first one, I hope today's is better.. :wink2: And Estonia didn't get to the finals. :sad:

I saw the first semi-final and was surprised that noone's here.. :aah:

I was kinda disappointed with the first one, I hope today's is better.. :wink2: And Estonia didn't get to the finals. :sad:

belgium didn't either

edit: and i can"t watch tonight, cause of french class

So, the countries that will be in the final are:

Armenia- Not Alone

Switzerland- Hunter Of Stars

Azerbaijan-Start a Fire

Slovenia- Round And Round

Denmark- Cliché Love Song

Poland- Slavic Girls

France- Moustache

Romania- Miracle

Germany- Is It Right

Norway- Silent Storm

Hungary- Running

Greece- Rise Up

Iceland- No Prejudice

Malta- Coming Home

Italy- La mia città

Belarus- Cheesecake

Montenegro- Moj svijet

Finland- Something Better

Russia- Shine

Austria- Rise Like A Phoenix

San Marino- Maybe

Spain- Dancing in the Rain

Sweden- Undo

The Netherlands- Calm After the Storm

Ukraine- Tick-Tock

United Kingdom- Children of the Universe

Edited by Miss Kristal

I'm gonna say which songs i like and what my fav's are. I had actually written this whole post before but it got deleted :sneaky2: but lets see if it works for my second try :naughty: I havent been into Eurovision as much as i usually am this year, for some reason, but I'm getting there now and I have formed opinions on a few of these songs :wink2:

First semi-final

Armenia: I only noticed this song in this thread actually, and I've started liking it a little more each time i listen to it. There were some things I've heard about him that i really dislike ...buut it is of course a song contest but not a personality one.

I liked Sweden, it was the first song I remembered hearing, it's catchy enough and i like her voice in the chorus.

The Netherlands: I really like that song, it's one of my favourites this year! I just think it's very good and many have said it sounds similar to Fleetwood mac.

I think Latvia is a nice, fun song, would have preferred that to get through over the other cake song, Cheesecake.

Also thought that Portugal and Hungary were allright.

Second semi-final

Norway i liked, it's a beautiful song with good lyrics but it isn't very memorable, even I forgot about it when I was going over the songs i like in my head :naughty:

Georgia: thats another of my favourites this year, I think this song is amazing! it's very different and a bit chaotic so I didn't expect it to get through, i wish it had though. Also it reminds me a bit of Mika's cover of Satellite, so that may be the reason why i like it so much. In case you missed it, I think you should check it out, I really recommend it :thumb_yello:

I thought Finland and Ireland are quite allright aswell, but it might be cause I always have a soft spot for Ireland :teehee:

Switzerland: I quite liked this song, I think it has a similar kind of fun-factor that Latvia has.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XO0WuC8hpQg

And finally, Slovenia, I think its a nice song and I appreciate that she is writing her own songs (or I heard that somewhere)

I'll throw that vid in here as well:

Edited by Miss Kristal

The one I'm watching escape with is so boring, she's not even watching barely answering my comments. Anyone here?

I'm probably voting for Poland or Armenia. :aah:

Lol...:aah: I just voted for Austria and Spain.:teehee: