MIKA @ BBC Radio 2 w/ Jo Whiley, 13 May 2015

eugenio

Audio 22 mins
Mika in conversation with Jo Whiley

http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/8a9ac1cb-faae-434e-8d60-b139a3707dfc

Mika returns to Radio 2 to chat with Jo Whiley about his new album No Place In Heaven.

Probably thanks to XF Italy, SC finally found out what a diamond MIKA really is - :)

And MIKA doesn't look especially sad either, hehe ...- :)

Love,love

me

Exactly! You said it! I, for one, am so chuffed and proud. Mika has worked so hard and Simon is so huge in the music industry. Even without UK X Factor, this exposure with Simon is sure to wake up the UK. Everything that's happening atm is like a dream come true for me. I've never wanted Mika to just write his songs and play to a cult following. I've always wanted him to become a mainstream artist, because, his unique talents can do so much for the staid old music industry. I'm definitely along for the ride on his roller-coaster!!

• Like 1

Exactly! You said it! I, for one, am so chuffed and proud. Mika has worked so hard and Simon is so huge in the music industry. Even without UK X Factor, this exposure with Simon is sure to wake up the UK. Everything that's happening atm is like a dream come true for me. I've never wanted Mika to just write his songs and play to a cult following. I've always wanted him to become a mainstream artist, because, his unique talents can do so much for the staid old music industry. I'm definitely along for the ride on his roller-coaster!!

Well he could have been a mainstream artist anytime he wanted, but he chose to stay in what he constantly refers to as his bubble, so that is why we find ourselves here.

• Like 2

Well he could have been a mainstream artist anytime he wanted, but he chose to stay in what he constantly refers to as his bubble, so that is why we find ourselves here.

Yes this is the sad irony in these terrble choices he has to make now. If he'd compromised a little bit early in his career he maybe could have had the success and money to enjoy true freedom at this point instead of selling his creative energies to bad reality TV and selling his videos to BMW etc. I suppose that is what he has been trying to say when he talks about no longer isolating himself but there is such a huge gap between being a little bit more mainstream in 2009 and doing XF now. Coming out of your bubble is a good thing but not if you run right out of it and jump off a cliff.

• Like 2

About being in his bubble and isolating himself...I just can't help but thinking that he must have had a logic behind isolating himself, that it must have felt a good decision that time when he was much younger, more careful with his privacy, not comfortable answering questions about his life/sexuality and generally stricter with his ideals and principles about music business and about everything. And now, a few years later, things just look different. He is older, more comfortable, definitely more confident... Just trying to say that I can't see any point in regretting things that happened in different time and situation or being stuck in the past and hope that he doesn't blame himself for anything done in the past (even if he now thinks some things could have done other way). Things look good at the moment. There are amazing new songs (especially Last Party and Good Wife), he sounds good and is even better on stage than he used to be. 

• Like 9

About being in his bubble and isolating himself...I just can't help but thinking that he must have had a logic behind isolating himself, that it must have felt a good decision that time when he was much younger, more careful with his privacy, not comfortable answering questions about his life/sexuality and generally stricter with his ideals and principles about music business and about everything. And now, a few years later, things just look different. He is older, more comfortable, definitely more confident... Just trying to say that I can't see any point in regretting things that happened in different time and situation or being stuck in the past and hope that he doesn't blame himself for anything done in the past (even if he now thinks some things could have done other way). Things look good at the moment. There are amazing new songs (especially Last Party and Good Wife), he sounds good and is even better on stage than he used to be. 

Well said! I actually think that the talent shows he's appeared on have helped him feel more comfortable in front of the camera. He's much more at ease now.

Edited by Marilyn Mastin
  • Like 3

Well said! I actually think that the talent shows he's appeared on have helped him feel more comfortable in front of the camera. He's much more at ease now.

Indeed well said - by Nina - I gave her my "like" - but can add that I think this is the essense of MIKAs choices/changes! :wub: 

Love,love

me 

Thanks a lot for MFC subtitling team !!!

:shocked:  666 replies to this topic. 

I better add one before we need to call an exorcist. :death1:

So, here it is, Jo Whiley interview

English subtitles are already available, Italian and French ones are on their way. 

[media]

[/media]
  • Like 2