The Singers Club <3! Share your talent and check out everyone else's too :D!

8 minutes ago, frenchfan84 said:

Is there any way to do a poll with a few song choices and choose our songs like that ?

I've been thinking about that too. I think Admins can create a poll.

I'm not yet  sure if that's how I wanna do it though. Because in the end the person coordinating and editing everything has to be sure the song works for them. And I don't want you to feel like I'm being mean if in the end I decide against the song that the majority picked in the poll.

And of course what I'm planning is just a starting project, depending on how it goes, there might be more and therefore the chance to cover all of our fave songs in the future.

But yeah let me have a think about it. Like Karin I'm busy with the c'est la vie video in the near future anyway. I just wanted to start collecting ideas and opinions in the meantime, so keep them coming :)

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, TheOneAndOnlyLeo said:

I made a spur-of-the-moment English version of Jane Birkin the other day! The translation is a bit choppy, but I wanted it to sound good as well as being mildly faithful to the original lyrics :heart:

Bravo!!!!!

:thumb_yello:

I like your voice. You sing really well.

Thank you for sharing :clap:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheOneAndOnlyLeo said:

I made a spur-of-the-moment English version of Jane Birkin the other day! The translation is a bit choppy, but I wanted it to sound good as well as being mildly faithful to the original lyrics :heart:

You're voice is wonderful! Love this! ❤ 

Mika himself should hear this too!

• Like 2

I really should keep an eye on this thread more often. I love that we have so many talented singers and performers within the Mika fandom!

I've never really sang publicly by my own choice infront of an audience, in the past it's always been as part of a school choir and back then there was no way I would dare offer to do a solo. I'm just not confident enough. Yet I do like singing and I don't think I'm bad at it or have a bad singing voice (my Mum is of course biased and says I sing well 😅), I would love to do a Mika cover or even something by First Aid Kit (another favourite of mine ❤) but it's my confidence holding me back.

For the people here that have shared their singing, do you have any tips on not being so shy and boosting confidence? 

I thought maybe joining a project might help, I was reading your idea @CharlotteL about creating a fan choir with a Mika song. Is this still something you're wanting to do?

I'd also love to hear more of Mika's French songs in English. A few on his new album could definitely work, AC could be a mix of French/English and C'est la Vie too, I'd love to give those a go. Maybe an idea for a future fan project too!? 🤔

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2024 at 8:47 PM, TinyLove_CJ said:

For the people here that have shared their singing, do you have any tips on not being so shy and boosting confidence? 

Singing alone in front of an audience is scary for me as well, even though I’ve done it a couple of times. When in front of people I try to concentrate the nervous energy I have into my singing. Here on the MFC, though, everyone is so supportive, so I didn’t really feel scared to share!

about creating a fan choir with a Mika song.

I would love this!!

I'd also love to hear more of Mika's French songs in English.

I actually have been trying to translate Moi, Andy et Paris into English, but Jane Birkin has been proving much easier to translate:lmfao:

• Like 2

I thought maybe joining a project might help, I was reading your idea @CharlotteL about creating a fan choir with a Mika song. Is this still something you're wanting to do?

Yess it is, I just haven't had the time but I'm still planning on doing good guys.

Will definitely let you know when I do :)

In general, I also find it hard to have the confidence to sing publicly. Sharing it online is easier because you can just do another take if you mess up so there's less pressure. But it still makes me nervous every time. As with everything, practice is key. The more you do it, the easier it gets. And yes joining a choir is one of the best things you can do as well, you get used to singing in front of other people and you learn a lot.

1 hour ago, TheOneAndOnlyLeo said:

I actually have been trying to translate Moi, Andy et Paris into English, but Jane Birkin has been proving much easier to translate:lmfao:

Hahah that reminds me of Bea and I doing exactly that after the gig in Amsterdam. Definitely sounded awkward in English :D

• Like 2