What about us?

Nia-MikaHolic

Yees, I knooow :) but compared to past years, he used to visit more countries. It costs more maybe, and it is more tiring, but he did it :/

Yeah,who knows.... he is the only one who knows the real reasons  :unsure:

• Like 1

Yes, but you all should be realistic, guys! It worked in Russia with Adam Lambert for example, but he has a 40 thousand fan club in Russia.... it won't work if it is only 1 or even 10 people who asks for an artist. Concert agencies want to earn money and they won't work with a singer who's almost not known in your country. It doesn't work even in Spain where Mika is very well known. I'm talking partly about Russia where some big agencies haven't heard about Mika at all! But at least we have a 4 thousand fan base here so we have something to show to agencies :)

And to be honest it is pretty much all we as fans can do to bring Mika in our countries. It's show business, it is huge industry and we don't even know how it works. If fans are united they can ask from the name of a big group and to have a hope in this case. Otherwise we can just wait and feel whatever we want to feel about it.... or try to earn more money :naughty:

Fact is that the concert agencies also look at the sells of the albums. Look at Germany I don´t think he sold more than a few thousand of the last two albums here and concerts agencies sdon´t see the gigs sold out so they aren´t interstetd to bring singers like him to Germany and I´m sure it´s the same for other countries like Spain, Austria and so on. France sold more than 100000 NPIH, Italy more than 50000 so that´s where the concert tickest sell.......

I would love to see him in Germany but I´m realistic and I know half empty gigs wouldn´t help him

• Like 1

Fact is that the concert agencies also look at the sells of the albums. Look at Germany I don´t think he sold more than a few thousand of the last two albums here and concerts agencies sdon´t see the gigs sold out so they aren´t interstetd to bring singers like him to Germany and I´m sure it´s the same for other countries like Spain, Austria and so on. France sold more than 100000 NPIH, Italy more than 50000 so that´s where the concert tickest sell.......

I would love to see him in Germany but I´m realistic and I know half empty gigs wouldn´t help him

What has changed then? I don't think he has sold TBWKTM, LICM or TOOL a lot in Turkey, but he came here and the gig was not empty. And I think the case is the same as in Germany or somewhere else. Why did they bring him before but not now? :(

What has changed then? I don't think he has sold TBWKTM, LICM or TOOL a lot in Turkey, but he came here and the gig was not empty. And I think the case is the same as in Germany or somewhere else. Why did they bring him before but not now? :(

because he was new and so successful with his first Album. They do it with all new singers but after the second album you won´t hear much of them. That´s what we can watch in Germany, they push the newbe and let the not so new and successful ones fall like hot potatoes. Some give up and disappear and some fight with everything they have. Another exampel was Duffy who was soooo successful with her song Mercy, she doesn´t exist anymore and she started the same time as Mika

• Like 1

because he was new and so successful with his first Album. They do it with all new singers but after the second album you won´t hear much of them. That´s what we can watch in Germany, they push the newbe and let the not so new and successful ones fall like hot potatoes. Some give up and disappear and some fight with everything they have. Another exampel was Duffy who was soooo successful with her song Mercy, she doesn´t exist anymore and she started the same time as Mika

Yes, I agree that some disappear. But I think,  it's not the case though. Because he continued to be invited after the release of other albums. And still the gigs were full of people. 

Yes, I agree that some disappear. But I think,  it's not the case though. Because he continued to be invited after the release of other albums. And still the gigs were full of people. 

He was in Germany 2012 for the last time, one concert was sold out but the second not and he didn´t sell much albums because Universal did no promotion here so no new concerts were planned for NPIH. Of course he won´t disappear because he has enough fans in other countries so he will continue and I can follow his career even without having concerts in my country. As long as he works there will be a chance he will do another big hit and come back to all our countries.

Edited by Sabine64

I just wanted to say that I wasn't blaming Mika entirely for not coming to New Zealand? It's understandble beause NZ is at the bottom of the world, and doing a concert here would be expensive a step he would have to bring everything here (on a 24 hour flight) and would ave to make up for the cost in concert sales (which would be unlikely as he isn't very well known here) I was just trying to give a perspective to those who think he's ignoring them (bad choice of words) when fans like me have a low chance of ever seeing a concert due to geographical locations i.e. Not in Europe/Asia Also it's not like he's the only a singer to not come to NZ, so we're used to it. For example Adele is doing her first NZ concert ever next year!

• Like 1

I agree with you, there isnt even a shop to buy  Mikas albums here, we can just order them. 

Yeah its his life and he can do whatever he wants to do but he has to think about his international career. Wanna say , even if in some countries he hasnt got many fans , when the concert is held there are a looot of people, I enjoy going to concerts even if im not fan, many of the people are like me. after the concerts I start loving, listening and respecting them. it would help Mika a lot to make gigs all around the world, and he would earn more , yeah. 

However, I still don't personally think that he did like over 10 concerts in Italy(or France, I don't remember) just because he was invited. He could have done just one less, and gone to another place. It's somehow his preference. 

well, I don't really know how the concert business works, but I guess he does shows where he (his team) estimates there is demand.

In Italy and France he has quite a lot of demand right now, he sells out most of the shows, even if he does a lot of dates, while it isn't the same in other countries, and since he rarely goes there, it's also more difficult that people will be still interested (and I'm not talking about hardcore fans, of course) 

Edited by maggie112
  • Like 1

well, I don't really know how the concert business works, but I guess he does shows where he (his team) estimates there is demand.

In Italy and France he has quite a lot of demand right now, he sells out most of the shows, even if he does a lot of dates, while it isn't the same in other countries, and since he rarely goes there, it's also more difficult that people will be still interested (and I'm not talking about hardcore fans, of course) 

Exactly, Margherita, that's logical and for me it's clear. If he sells a lot of albums in Iitaly and France it's because he's spending months doing promo there, interviews, shootings, ads, TV,  then it's easier that concert agencies hire him for a lot of concerts. Of course If he doesnt go to other countries to make promo noone will know him and is not going to buy albums, what means no gigs, that's what happens with Mika in many countries.

Ohh and the promo it doesnt involve specifically talking about his music but doing coferences about any issue or signing sessions. 

Edited by Mikasister

I don't expect him to come here and perform 10 times, but still I don't understand that he was not popular here in 2010 and 2013, but he still came here to perform. And there are so many countries like that. It's understandable that he goes where there is more demand for him, but actually it was his choice to build up a career in Italy or France, which I respect. I am not complaining about where he performs the most, I'm trying to understand what has changed not to perform in so many places like he used to do.

I don't expect him to come here and perform 10 times, but still I don't understand that he was not popular here in 2010 and 2013, but he still came here to perform. And there are so many countries like that. 

yes, I don't think he's really popular in Czech Republic or Latvia, but he still did gigs there this year... I don't know how they choose where to go where it comes to countries where he is not very popular, why they choose Latvia and not Germany (as an example)

yes, I don't think he's really popular in Czech Republic or Latvia, but he still did gigs there this year... I don't know how they choose where to go where it comes to countries where he is not very popular, why they choose Latvia and not Germany (as an example)

Yes, I don't know... :(

The way I see it, it wasn't exactly his choice to build a career here. I mean, he didn't wake up one day and said "Let's flip a coin and see where to go and do tv shows" He was offered to become a judge in XF in Italy and it was a stroke of luck, as I understand he wasn't doing very well at that time. Of course he took the opportunity. Everything started there, as far as Italy is concerned. He has been invited everywhere and offered other opportunities ever since. And right after XF here he started to do The Voice in France.

• Like 4

I don't expect him to come here and perform 10 times, but still I don't understand that he was not popular here in 2010 and 2013, but he still came here to perform. And there are so many countries like that. It's understandable that he goes where there is more demand for him, but actually it was his choice to build up a career in Italy or France, which I respect. I am not complaining about where he performs the most, I'm trying to understand what has changed not to perform in so many places like he used to do.

As Sabine said,the sales of his last albums explain everything. For his first album he got a lot of support and promo from his record company and management,hence the high demand in different countries. But for his last 2 albums,he said in a few interviews that he had to find himself sponsors and resources for the promo,because the record company gave up on him. So it's not so hard to understand why he had to take advantage of these opportunities from France and Italy,and gaining this way the freedom he needs to continue his work. Probably he would have disappeared otherwise,like many other forgotten artists.

I am sure he would like to perform in more countries,but he needs to be invited,and also to sell the event. Booking agencies are focusing on mainstream artists who can bring them a high profit. And Mika is not in this category,for sure. So he needs to manage his business in his own way,and I think he knows better what's best for him. No one can be in his shoes,and judging other's life by suppositions and speculations is wrong,but this is only my opinion ofc  :cool:  

Edited by krysady
  • Like 7

As Sabine said,the sales of his last albums explain everything. For his first album he got a lot of support and promo from his record company and management,hence the high demand in different countries. But for his last 2 albums,he said in a few interviews that he had to find himself sponsors and resources for the promo,because the record company gave up on him. So it's not so hard to understand why he had to take advantage of these opportunities from France and Italy,and gaining this way the freedom he needs to continue his work. Probably he would have disappeared otherwise,like many other forgotten artists.

I am sure he would like to perform in more countries,but he needs to be invited,and also to sell the event. Booking agencies are focusing on mainstream artists who can bring them a high profit. And Mika is not in this category,for sure. So he needs to manage his business in his own way,and I think he knows better what's best for him. No one can be in his shoes,and judging other's life by suppositions and speculations is wrong,but this is only my opinion ofc :cool:

Wise words :D

• Like 4

I am sure he would like to perform in more countries,but he needs to be invited,and also to sell the event. Booking agencies are focusing on mainstream artists who can bring them a high profit. And Mika is not in this category,for sure. So he needs to manage his business in his own way,and I think he knows better what's best for him. No one can be in his shoes,and judging other's life by suppositions and speculations is wrong,but this is only my opinion ofc :cool:

I am not judging, I was really curious about what has changed. :) and your explanation is clear to me
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I count my blessings that I was able to see Mika perform live three times. However, I don't have the same hope I once had to be able to see him live again. Sometimes you just have to move along in your own life. Mika has to work just like everyone and he has to go where the work is. I could never blame him for that. I will always be a fan of his incredible talent but I can't control most of the US who do not share my admiration or even know who he is. I am thankful for Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, the MFC translating team, etc. for imagine trying to be a fan of Mika without these. My only problem is that I have a lot of Mika memorabilia that is completely useless since the US has forgotten him. I am giving most of it away. If Italian, French or any other fans are interested please message me. I probably won't have a lot of time and it needs to go to true fans.

• Like 2