What about us?

Nia-MikaHolic

I really have a problem when people say Mika is a liar because he isn´t a liar. Most of the time we fans don´t listen good enough to what he says, one example he says " I would like to do xy " and fans hear " I will do xy " and when xy doesn´t happen people say he lied. I know we urgently want to hear about new songs, albums, tours and so on and this is the reason we interprete every detail in our way but this doesn´t make him a liar!!!

To say the truth Mika would be an idiot if he doesn´t take the chances Italy and France give him. I know many fans are waiting for him but also there are many artists who will never tour all countries of the world and look at Stromae who stops his carreer right now and will disappear because he has enough and wants to enjoy life. We can be happy Mika is still there and we have the chance to see more of him.

I´m a fan of the whole package Mika and not only of the singer / songwriter because Mika is so much more, he always was and now he is able to show it and live it and his music won´t suffer because he is happy. So I trust him for 100%

• Like 16

In connection with the theme of this topic I want to remind everybody two facts.

First. Mika said several times that when he's going on tour he spends much more money than he earns from gigs. And now imagine how much does it cost to take all the team and equipment from Europe for one or two shows in Australia or South America. So he may need extra money from local sponsors for example. And it leads me to the second fact. During his promotion in Mexico this year. Someone asked him to come with a proper gig and he answered "Invite me and I will come".

And I agree with everything Sabine wrote.

---

Oh, and actually a very good idea is to connect with local promoters and concert agencies to ask them to bring Mika ;) In Russia it works sometimes! And it's easier to do when these's a local fan club. So you can show organizers that there're many people who want the gig.

Edited by Mousetrap
  • Like 8

what do you think what can we do to make Mika think about his worldwide career ?

You can try what mousetrap says, it didn't work in my country. We wote, asked, begged and they, the the promoters, organizers,  made big effotrts to bring him but with no succes. You and other fans from your country can try and maybe you'll have more luck.  :wink2:

Edited by Mikasister
  • Like 2

You can try what mousetrap says, it didn't work in my country. We wote, asked, begged and they, the the promoters, organizers,  made big effotrts to bring him but with no succes. You and other fans from your country can try and maybe you'll have more luck.  :wink2:

He did Barcelona and Madrid 2015 and Barcelona and Lisbon (quite near Spain) 2016. So it's not like has abandon you or anything like that  :wink2:

• Like 4

I respect everyone's opinions, but honestly this game of playing the victim (or even who's more a victim than the others) really annoys me. First of all: Mika is a human being and as such has all the right in the world to live his own life the way he likes and to pursue his own happiness the way he thinks suits him best. He's not only a singer and he never signed anything that forces him to make people happy while doing his job. The second thing that bothers me is people complaining about him spending a lot of time in Italy/France, as if this meant all Italians/French get a chance to see him just because of the mere fact that he's in the same country as them. Well, let me tell you something. I'm Italian and, despite all his 11 Italian dates last summer, I didn't go to any of them, not even the one that was less than one hour away from where I live, because I couldn't afford it. And I can assure you if anything it's only worse to know he's so close and yet you can't go see him. If some people can afford to travel, what does it matter what country he is in, as long as you get to see him anyway? Of course, the closer he is, the cheaper the travel, but as I just said, there are people like me who still didn't have the chance to go see him, no matter how close he is. So, as long as you get the chance to see him, it's not that bad, in my opinion. Everyone would like to have him in their own town, and I've seen plenty of Italians complain because he only spends time in Milan when he's here. Do we really want to play the game of who's worse off? This thing would have no end and it'd only be pointless. So, whoever gets a chance to see him, even if only every once in a while, should be happy about it. Whoever sadly doesn't get the same chance, remember that there are other people in the same position, regardless of the country they're in. I can understand the frustration or disappointment of those who have never seen him, but blaming him is a completely different story.

Edited by Alyara
  • Like 9

He did Barcelona and Madrid 2015 and Barcelona and Lisbon (quite near Spain) 2016. So it's not like has abandon you or anything like that  :wink2:

Maybe things, feelings, look different from outside but sincerely I feel abandoned as fan.  :( Don't I have the right to feel this way?

My post was about an important festival for a symphonic concert in some of the most  prestigious theaters and concert halls in Barcelona.  We  tried since he did the symphonics in Montreal  but as I said before with no success. When Mika said in that interview in Japan he wanted to do in Barcelona a symphonic like in Como we thought it was something feasible but the frustration came after talking to the promoters and telling us they did not get anything. 

That's why I made the decision to go to Florence despite it means a big effort to me because it might be the only symphonic I'll be able to attend

Anyway, in my opinion things won't change a lot in 2017 by the way I see how things are going in Mika's career but heyy if Mika is happy, everybody is happy. 

Edited by Mikasister

but heyy if Mika is happy, everybody is happy.

People are as happy as they allow themselves to be. If they only focus on reasons to complain, of course they will never be happy

• Like 6

I suppose, everybody has a right to express what they feel, and there is no use to try to shut them up, so everyone could build a pink castle (with white elephants flying around happily) instead of the real alive forum. 

I enjoy every second of Casa Mika, and I travelled to Italy this summer, but anyway there are lots of people who support the thought and feelings of Alba, of some English girls, end etc. And they have a full right to do it.

Don't make MFC a sugary place where only praise is allowed. Lately here are not so many people as usual, if someone noticed...

• Like 2

I really have a problem when people say Mika is a liar because he isn´t a liar. Most of the time we fans don´t listen good enough to what he says, one example he says " I would like to do xy " and fans hear " I will do xy " and when xy doesn´t happen people say he lied. I know we urgently want to hear about new songs, albums, tours and so on and this is the reason we interprete every detail in our way but this doesn´t make him a liar!!!

To say the truth Mika would be an idiot if he doesn´t take the chances Italy and France give him. I know many fans are waiting for him but also there are many artists who will never tour all countries of the world and look at Stromae who stops his carreer right now and will disappear because he has enough and wants to enjoy life. We can be happy Mika is still there and we have the chance to see more of him.

I´m a fan of the whole package Mika and not only of the singer / songwriter because Mika is so much more, he always was and now he is able to show it and live it and his music won´t suffer because he is happy. So I trust him for 100%

I'm not in Italy or France. I haven´t chance to see Mika and perhaps never have. But I totally agree what you say. I enjoy what he does without judging anything else.
The news of Stromae made me think. Mika is very familiar, we all know, the day he decides to have children  ... maybe he also retires for a while  ... that makes me value more what we have because we can have worse times.
Edited by sabela
  • Like 3

I suppose, everybody has a right to express what they feel, and there is no use to try to shut them up, so everyone could build a pink castle (with white elephants flying around happily) instead of the real alive forum.

I enjoy every second of Casa Mika, and I travelled to Italy this summer, but anyway there are lots of people who support the thought and feelings of Alba, of some English girls, end etc. And they have a full right to do it.

Don't make MFC a sugary place where only praise is allowed. Lately here are not so many people as usual, if someone noticed...

To me it seems no one is trying to make people shut up or anything. A you said, this is a place where to exchange opinions, hence if there shouldn't only be people who are always overly optimistic, there shouldn't even be people who can complain without expecting others to have different opinions. Where would the exchange of opinions be if they were let to complain by themselves? If anything, I think we're trying (or at least *I* am) to put things into perspective and help them understand it's not exactly as they think it is. As I said, I didn't go to any gig last summer and I'm not even going to the symphonic in Florence, while people from abroad will. Should I complain about it? Blame Mika because he chose a bad time during the holidays or didn't choose a closer town to where I live? Well, no, it's nobody's fault. Then if people want to find a reason to complain at all costs, be my guest, maybe that's what they like. I'm only saying there's no one to blame or be jealous of. This is not a competition of who sees Mika more often or where he spends most of his time. People seem to forget about it at times. I've been a fan of Mika's for 3 years now and I've been to a little more than 5 concerts, I dont know how many for sure because I never bothered counting them or making a list or anything, and you know what? I could complain because I was in the front row just once or because each time I waited for him afterwards, he never stopped, while some people had the one concert of that year take place in their town or they were lucky enough to meet him or to be called on stage or something. I'd happily trade my 5 or so concerts for that one moment with Mika. Do you get the point of what I'm saying? We all could find reasons to complain, instead I think we should try to find reasons to be happy. That being said, if they still prefer to be sad, it's their problem. But I mean it, it's only THEIRS. There's really no one else to blame. And you're lucky enough to have people who decide to spend their free time sitting at their computers for hours translating things they would have no reason to translate just to make people feel more involved in what Mika does. So, it's already better than it could be.

Edited by Alyara
  • Like 7

I agree with you ABSOLUTELY 

• Like 1

Maybe things, feelings, look different from outside but sincerely I feel abandoned as fan.  :(Don't I have the right to feel this way?

My post was about an important festival for a symphonic concert in some of the most  prestigious theaters and concert halls in Barcelona.  We  tried since he did the symphonics in Montreal  but as I said before with no success. When Mika said in that interview in Japan he wanted to do in Barcelona a symphonic like in Como we thought it was something feasible but the frustration came after talking to the promoters and telling us they did not get anything. 

That's why I made the decision to go to Florence despite it means a big effort to me because it might be the only symphonic I'll be able to attend

Anyway, in my opinion things won't change a lot in 2017 by the way I see how things are going in Mika's career but heyy if Mika is happy, everybody is happy. 

You have the right to feel whatever you like, don't make it look like I said otherwise. Lol! I only wrote facts and mentioned gigs he has done in your area lately. There are several of them and they all were different and quite special, I was there. 

I would love him to do symphony in Barcelona  :wub: And maybe it will happen some day. Symphony concerts are so different compared to other concerts and need so much time to prepare and happen. 

He has just finished his own television show in Italy (it was a success and it's a huge thing to do no matter in which country it happens), he is preparing two big symphony concerts and writing a new album so for me it's difficult to understand why anyone would be worried about his career but we are all different and everyone is allowed to share their worries, of course. It's nice to see people chatting here, it's been very quiet lately. 

• Like 1

You have the right to feel whatever you like, don't make it look like I said otherwise. Lol! I only wrote facts and mentioned gigs he has done in your area lately. There are several of them and they all were different and quite special, I was there. 

I would love him to do symphony in Barcelona  :wub: And maybe it will happen some day. Symphony concerts are so different compared to other concerts and need so much time to prepare and happen. 

He has just finished his own television show in Italy (it was a success and it's a huge thing to do no matter in which country it happens), he is preparing two big symphony concerts and writing a new album so for me it's difficult to understand why anyone would be worried about his career but we are all different and everyone is allowed to share their worries, of course. It's nice to see people chatting here, it's been very quiet lately. 

Obviously we have different points of view,  valid and certain both.  :wink2:

There's one thing I really don't get in all of this, though. Was it that much better when he used to focus more on the UK instead of Italy and France? I'm obviously not talking about those three countries, but, say, for Spain, Georgia, Brazil or New Zealand (just to mention those I've seen mentioned in this discussion before)? Did you get more concerts in your country back then? Would it make any difference for your country if he focused on the UK now instead of France or Italy? Or is it just because we're getting more concerts than before and you don't? Or is it even a matter of "Why that country and not mine"? Or is it because you don't like him doing tv shows at all? Really, how does him focusing on Italy and France now affect you in a bad way compared to when he didn't? Except for the UK, obviously

Edited by Alyara
  • Like 2

Yes, but you all should be realistic, guys! It worked in Russia with Adam Lambert for example, but he has a 40 thousand fan club in Russia.... it won't work if it is only 1 or even 10 people who asks for an artist. Concert agencies want to earn money and they won't work with a singer who's almost not known in your country. It doesn't work even in Spain where Mika is very well known. I'm talking partly about Russia where some big agencies haven't heard about Mika at all! But at least we have a 4 thousand fan base here so we have something to show to agencies :)

And to be honest it is pretty much all we as fans can do to bring Mika in our countries. It's show business, it is huge industry and we don't even know how it works. If fans are united they can ask from the name of a big group and to have a hope in this case. Otherwise we can just wait and feel whatever we want to feel about it.... or try to earn more money :naughty:

To answer the initial question: I donlt think there is anything you can do. Mika will handle his career the way he wants, even if it means losing fans or even disapear for a few years.

That being said, ofc I want him to keep doing music because I enjoy listening to it, but I would be curious to eat a cheese he would make if he would decide to go to the country and raise goats ;)

• Like 3

To answer the initial question: I donlt think there is anything you can do. Mika will handle his career the way he wants, even if it means losing fans or even disapear for a few years.

That being said, ofc I want him to keep doing music because I enjoy listening to it, but I would be curious to eat a cheese he would make if he would decide to go to the country and raise goats ;)

:) Yes, one thing's for sure - MIKA will go his own way, like he always did. And I fully trust that the choices he makes, will be the best for himself  and his career  :wub:  And luckily it's up to each and everyone, to follow him - or not  :wink2:

MIKA seems to like the countryside, and climbing high mountains - so if he gets tired of big cities, he's welcome to move to my place, together with his dogs... :teehee:  :wub:

Love, love

me

• Like 1

I was unsure whether to write or not because I may be misunderstood. I think he's free to do what he wants, or where he wants to be. He has a life and who are we to say something? How would we feel if someone would lead us,"go there, come here" etc. He did come to my country twice, after releasing each album and last year I really hoped that he would come, but he didn't. He used to do it, though. I don't blame French or Italian fans, they are so enthusiastic, and if I were him, I would like to perform there, it's understandable. And as long as I can afford, I can follow him, which I did. However, I still don't personally think that he did like over 10 concerts in Italy(or France, I don't remember) just because he was invited. He could have done just one less, and gone to another place. It's somehow his preference. As a fan, ofcourse I want him to perform somewhere near to me but as I said, I don't have right to complain about his life. Another thing that sometimes annoys me, what French, Italian or Korean fans do draw more his attention. I may sound foolish, I'm sorry but I observe this especially on social media. Sometimes it makes me sad.

Edited by dilarat
  • Like 1

I don't think anyone would want Mika to do something, just because we might want it to happen. I'm also aware that he's more than just a pop star, and has many talents to his name.

Sometimes it sucks when we hear of a TV show in Italy, because we know how good he would be, if he did the same type of show in (say) the UK.

What I do now, is keep an eye on his career, but I have interests elsewhere now. That is the best thing to do. It's no use waiting for Mika. It's best to enjoy someone elses career and not worry about what Mika is doing.

If he comes back to the UK and does something good, I'll be there, but I'm not hanging around waiting for him.

• Like 1

However, I still don't personally think that he did like over 10 concerts in Italy(or France, I don't remember) just because he was invited. He could have done just one less, and gone to another place.

In fact he did more than just France and Italy this year. After the Asian tour,he did gigs in Portugal,Latvia,Lithuania,Czech Republic,Switzerland,Belgium,Spain and Lebanon  ;)

In fact he did more than just France and Italy this year. After the Asian tour,he did gigs in Portugal,Latvia,Lithuania,Czech Republic,Switzerland,Belgium,Spain and Lebanon ;)

Yees, I knooow :) but compared to past years, he used to visit more countries. It costs more maybe, and it is more tiring, but he did it :/

• Like 1