On 1/17/2022 at 12:26 PM, Kumazzz said:

Oh! MyMag

https://www.ohmymag.com/mika/interview-mika-se-confie-sur-son-rapport-aux-reseaux-sociaux_art130891.html

Par Amandine Liard le 12 octobre 2019 à 20:03

Interview : Mika se confie sur son rapport aux réseaux sociaux

"My name is Michael Holbrook","mais appelez-moi Mika", explique l'artiste avec facétie lorsqu'il parle de son nouvel album, sorti le 4 octobre.

En plus de nous décliner sa véritable identité via ce nouvel album donc, le chanteur se livre aussi sur sa famille, via des chansons honnêtes et émouvantes. Citons par exemple "Paloma", un titre qu'il a écrit comme un exutoire. Il revient avec cette chanson sur le grave accident qui a touché sa sœur des années auparavant. Un événement traumatisant pour Mika et sa famille. En éternel optimiste, l'artiste parvient tout de même a tiré de cette lourde expérience du positif, comme il nous l'expliquait au cours de notre interview pour la sortie de son album. Dans "Tiny Love", Mika évoque également l'importance du rôle de sa mère dans sa vie.

Quel est le rapport de Mika vis-à-vis des réseaux sociaux ?

Nous avons voulu en savoir davantage sur Mika et sur son rapport aux réseaux sociaux. Au cours de notre interview, nous lui avons notamment demandé comment il gérait son image ou encore son influence sur le réseau Instagram. Comme dans son album, l'artiste nous en dévoile davantage sur sa personne au cours de cette interview. Si ce dernier explique être "nul" sur Instagram, il souligne toutefois qu'il faut réussir à se protéger des avis qui y sont postés.

"Souvent, il y a des commentaires négatifs. Pas tout le temps. (...) j'ai développé une sorte de mécanisme pour trouver vraiment (...) s'il y a de la valeur dans le commentaire ou si c'est juste quelqu'un qui a de la rage".

Retrouvez l'intégralité des propos de Mika par rapport aux réseaux sociaux, son rapport à sa communauté d'internautes ou encore ses conseils dans notre interview.

:uk: Google Translator

Hide contents

Interview: Mika talks about his relationship with social networks

"My name is Michael Holbrook", "but call me Mika", explains the artist facetiously when talking about his new album, released on October 4.

In addition to giving us his true identity via this new album, the singer also opens up about his family, via honest and moving songs. Take for example "Paloma", a title he wrote as an outlet. He returns with this song about the serious accident that affected his sister years ago. A traumatic event for Mika and his family. As an eternal optimist, the artist still manages to draw from this heavy positive experience, as he explained to us during our interview for the release of his album. In "Tiny Love", Mika also talks about the importance of his mother's role in his life.

What is Mika's relationship with social networks?

We wanted to know more about Mika and his relationship to social networks. During our interview, we notably asked him how he managed his image or his influence on the Instagram network. As in his album, the artist tells us more about himself during this interview. If the latter explains that he is “null” on Instagram, he nevertheless underlines that it is necessary to succeed in protecting oneself from the opinions which are posted there.

"Often there are negative comments. Not all the time. (...) I have developed a kind of mechanism to really find (...) if there is value in the comment or if it is just someone who has rage".

Find all of Mika's comments on social networks, his relationship to his community of Internet users or his advice in our interview.

YouTube

Oh, I can't remember seeing this before! I like what he says about how he started to use Instagram since 2 months (at that time), by telling stories and not just posting polished pictures, and that this feels good to him. We could see the difference in 2019/2020, it really did feel good. But seems like now he has gone back to his old habits of ignoring most of the comments. I think generally it's a good approach to ignore comments that he feels people wouldn't tell him face to face, whether positive or negative. But of course he'll get different reactions when he posts a polished photo where he's topless and posing for the camera than when you just meet the sweet and kind guy that he is in real life - you won't shout "WOW YOU LOOK SO GORGEOUS!!" unless he does the same pose topless right in front of you - and well, I'm sure that'd feel weird to both him and us... it's just 2 different things. And I think it only works if you're being yourself online. If you build up an online persona that isn't you, you'll end up feeling like you can't live up to people's expectations. Then again, I don't get the whole comparison thing he's talking about, why would you compare yourself to random people on the internet? I guess when you're younger it's a thing... social media didn't exist when I was in my 20s, maybe that's why I'm so relaxed about it. :dunno_grin: Or maybe because I'm not trying to "sell" anything online, while if you want to sell your music (for example), you automatically compete with other musicians. Still I think the only thing that helps is to be yourself, because you'll never be the absolute best, and if it's just because it's all subjective what's "best". But there's only one you.

Anyway, I'm digressing. Thanks for posting Eriko (even if I'm a "little" late :lol3:)!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

:doh:

We didn't notice this interview in October 2019.

TF1

Les Matins LCI

https://www.tf1info.fr/culture/emmenez-moi-mika-le-phenomene-est-de-retour-2134054.html

EMMENEZ-MOI

- Si Mika a quitté son fauteuil dans "The Voice", c'est pour se concentrer sur ce qu'il aime faire : écrire et monter sur scène. Pour signer son retour, il sort "My Name is Michael Holbrook", un nouvel album haut en couleurs.

Quatre ans après son dernier album, Mika revient en force avec "My Name is Michael Holbrook". Un opus assez intime qui sonne comme un bilan de mi-parcours. Dans celui-ci, le chanteur se confie sur ses états d'âme, sur ses proches, sur ses interrogations... Un travail de deux ans durant lesquels Mika a retrouvé les joies de l'écriture. Et cela se ressent dans ses chansons. Chansons qu'il a d'ailleurs destinées à "adoucir la dureté de la vie". Parmi les titres de l'album, on retrouve notamment "Ice Cream" qui a fait danser plus d'un cet été.

Ce vendredi 4 octobre 2019, Hélène Mannarino, dans sa chronique "Emmenez-moi", nous parle du nouvel album de Mika. Cette chronique a été diffusée dans La Matinale du 04/10/2019 présentée par Pascale de La Tour du Pin sur LCI. Du lundi au vendredi, dès 5h45, Pascale de La Tour du Pin vous présente la Matinale entourée de ses chroniqueurs.

:uk: Google translator

Spoiler

TAKE - ME
- If Mika left his chair in "The Voice", it is to concentrate on what he likes to do: write and go on stage. To mark his comeback, he released "My Name is Michael Holbrook", a colorful new album.

Four years after his last album, Mika is back in force with "My Name is Michael Holbrook". A fairly intimate opus that sounds like a mid-term review. In it, the singer confides in his moods, his loved ones, his questions... A two-year work during which Mika rediscovered the joys of writing. And it shows in his songs. Songs that he also intended to "soften the harshness of life". Among the titles of the album, we find in particular "Ice Cream" which made more than one dance this summer.

This Friday, October 4, 2019, Hélène Mannarino, in her column "Take me away", tells us about Mika's new album. This column was broadcast in La Matinale on 04/10/2019 presented by Pascale de La Tour du Pin on LCI. From Monday to Friday, from 5:45 a.m., Pascale de La Tour du Pin presents La Matinale surrounded by her columnists.

• Like 2