Mika in French Press - 2022

Kumazzz

9 hours ago, mellody said:

Just listened to the previews and looked up the lyrics of those songs... a lot of pretty dark lyrics! "Love stories end badly in general" as the first song, oh well... at least it has a happy sound, that's what we're used to from Mika. :lol3: That song by Pierre de Maere has a similar topic, and I think it was 1-2 other songs as well, kind of like losing faith in love (or at least in human love, as in that angels song). Luckily there's also some positive songs in there - maybe Mika is going through some different moods while working on his album/s. 🙈 And I suppose some of the songs might be in the playlist because they sound particularly good/interesting with a professional sound system, as that's the topic of the article.

Interestingly, I think I've heard "Whip It" before, it sounds somewhat familiar. But besides that one song, even after listening I still only know "Groove is in the heart" (and Can't help falling in love, but didn't know the Beck version).

The only ones I think I know are Rita Mitsuko's Les histoires d'amour which I hate (dark lyrics and I find the music hurts me like a hammer) I don't really care for Groove is in the heart. I do like "Falling in love with you" Mika said it it originated from "plaisir d'amour" in an old The Voice interview Eriko uploaded and I do love "Plaisir d'amour" but I hadn't realized their similarities

I will get around to listening to the playlist but I haven't yet.....

• Like 2