Mika in French Press - 2022

Kumazzz

Mediasinfos

https://mediasinfosblog.wordpress.com/2022/09/29/la-conference-de-presse-de-la-prochaine-saison-de-la-star-academy-vient-de-debuter-voici-ci-dessous-toutes-les-infos-a-savoir-en-direct/

La conférence de presse de la prochaine saison de la Star Academy vient de débuter:

Voici ci-dessous toutes les infos à savoir en direct:

La conférence de presse de la prochaine saison de la Star Academy vient de débuter avec Nikos Aliagas.

– Suite à l’arrivée de la coupe du monde, la nouvelle saison de la star ac durera six semaines et comptera sept prime-time. En cas de succès, une nouvelle saison (plus longue) est déjà prévue l’an prochain.

– La quotidienne diffusée à 17H30 durera 45 minutes. Elle sera bien un tout images. Elle ne sera pas incarnée par un animateur.

– Le dispositif comptera 60 caméras au château de Dammarie-les-Lys.

– Chaque semaine, 3 académiciens seront nommés et devront défendre leur place au sein de la Star Academy lors du prime du samedi soir:  L’un sera sauvé par les téléspectateurs, Le deuxième par ses camarades, Le troisième quittera l’aventure.

– L’équipe de professeurs sera entièrement renouvelée. Leur visage sera méconnu du grand public.

– Le lancement se fera sur deux semaines. La présentation des élèves et des professeurs se fera bien le 15 octobre. Les premiers duos sur scène avec les personnalités invités se fera le 22 octobre.

– Lucie Bernardoni (saison 4) sera l’une des répétitrices des primes.

– Les candidats n’auront pas internet mais les élèves seront bien présents sur les réseaux sociaux. Des équipes leur prêteront des téléphones non connectés pour créer du contenu.

– Chaque dimanche, 3-4 anciens élèves de l’émission viendront diner avec la nouvelle promotion.

– Juliette Armanet, M Pokora, Mika, Amir, Gims, Dadju, Soprano, Michel Polnareff, Véronique Sanson, Adé, Naps, Pomme… ont déjà donné leur accord pour venir sur le plateau le samedi soir. Concernant la venue des artistes internationaux, la production reconnaît qu’il est compliqué de les faire venir mais il y en aura.

A noter que le parrain ou la marraine sera un·e grand·e artiste international·e: « On est à 5% de clôturer l’accord avec cette personne ».

– Un prime spécial consacré à Gregory Lemarchal est prévu.

:uk: Google translator

Spoiler

The press conference for the next season of Star Academy has just started:

Here is all the info you need to know live below:

The press conference for the next season of Star Academy has just started with Nikos Aliagas. Here is all the info you need to know below:

– Following the arrival of the World Cup, the new season of the ac star will last six weeks and will have seven prime times. If successful, a new (longer) season is already planned for next year.

– The daily broadcast at 5:30 p.m. will last 45 minutes. She will be a whole pictures. It will not be embodied by an animator.

– The system will have 60 cameras at the Château de Dammarie-les-Lys.

– Each week, 3 academicians will be appointed and will have to defend their place within the Star Academy during the Saturday evening bonus: One will be saved by the viewers, The second by his comrades, The third will leave the adventure.

– The team of teachers will be completely renewed. Their face will be unknown to the general public.

– The launch will take place over two weeks. The presentation of students and teachers will take place on October 15. The first duets on stage with the guest personalities will take place on October 22.

– Lucie Bernardoni (season 4) will be one of the bonus repeaters.

– The candidates will not have internet but the students will be present on social networks. Teams will lend them unconnected phones to create content.

– Every Sunday, 3-4 former students of the show will come to dinner with the new promotion.

– Juliette Armanet, M Pokora, Mika, Amir, Gims, Dadju, Soprano, Michel Polnareff, Véronique Sanson, Adé, Naps, Pomme… have already agreed to come to the set on Saturday evening. Regarding the arrival of international artists, the production recognizes that it is complicated to bring them, but there will be some. Note that the godfather or godmother will be a great international artist: “We are 5% away from closing the agreement with this person”.

– A special bonus dedicated to Gregory Lemarchal is planned.

StarAc.thumb.png.57f4e0ae0b9d787c408f18b79349d3eb.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kumazzz said:

Mediasinfos

https://mediasinfosblog.wordpress.com/2022/09/29/la-conference-de-presse-de-la-prochaine-saison-de-la-star-academy-vient-de-debuter-voici-ci-dessous-toutes-les-infos-a-savoir-en-direct/

La conférence de presse de la prochaine saison de la Star Academy vient de débuter:

La conférence de presse de la prochaine saison de la Star Academy vient de débuter avec Nikos Aliagas.

– Suite à l’arrivée de la coupe du monde, la nouvelle saison de la star ac durera six semaines et comptera sept prime-time. En cas de succès, une nouvelle saison (plus longue) est déjà prévue l’an prochain.

– La quotidienne diffusée à 17H30 durera 45 minutes. Elle sera bien un tout images. Elle ne sera pas incarnée par un animateur.

– Le dispositif comptera 60 caméras au château de Dammarie-les-Lys.

– Chaque semaine, 3 académiciens seront nommés et devront défendre leur place au sein de la Star Academy lors du prime du samedi soir:  L’un sera sauvé par les téléspectateurs, Le deuxième par ses camarades, Le troisième quittera l’aventure.

– L’équipe de professeurs sera entièrement renouvelée. Leur visage sera méconnu du grand public.

– Le lancement se fera sur deux semaines. La présentation des élèves et des professeurs se fera bien le 15 octobre. Les premiers duos sur scène avec les personnalités invités se fera le 22 octobre.

– Lucie Bernardoni (saison 4) sera l’une des répétitrices des primes.

– Les candidats n’auront pas internet mais les élèves seront bien présents sur les réseaux sociaux. Des équipes leur prêteront des téléphones non connectés pour créer du contenu.

– Chaque dimanche, 3-4 anciens élèves de l’émission viendront diner avec la nouvelle promotion.

– Juliette Armanet, M Pokora, Mika, Amir, Gims, Dadju, Soprano, Michel Polnareff, Véronique Sanson, Adé, Naps, Pomme… ont déjà donné leur accord pour venir sur le plateau le samedi soir. Concernant la venue des artistes internationaux, la production reconnaît qu’il est compliqué de les faire venir mais il y en aura.

A noter que le parrain ou la marraine sera un·e grand·e artiste international·e: « On est à 5% de clôturer l’accord avec cette personne ».

– Un prime spécial consacré à Gregory Lemarchal est prévu.

Reveal hidden contents

The press conference for the next season of Star Academy has just started:

Here is all the info you need to know live below:

The press conference for the next season of Star Academy has just started with Nikos Aliagas. Here is all the info you need to know below:

– Following the arrival of the World Cup, the new season of the ac star will last six weeks and will have seven prime times. If successful, a new (longer) season is already planned for next year.

– The daily broadcast at 5:30 p.m. will last 45 minutes. She will be a whole pictures. It will not be embodied by an animator.

– The system will have 60 cameras at the Château de Dammarie-les-Lys.

– Each week, 3 academicians will be appointed and will have to defend their place within the Star Academy during the Saturday evening bonus: One will be saved by the viewers, The second by his comrades, The third will leave the adventure.

– The team of teachers will be completely renewed. Their face will be unknown to the general public.

– The launch will take place over two weeks. The presentation of students and teachers will take place on October 15. The first duets on stage with the guest personalities will take place on October 22.

– Lucie Bernardoni (season 4) will be one of the bonus repeaters.

– The candidates will not have internet but the students will be present on social networks. Teams will lend them unconnected phones to create content.

– Every Sunday, 3-4 former students of the show will come to dinner with the new promotion.

– Juliette Armanet, M Pokora, Mika, Amir, Gims, Dadju, Soprano, Michel Polnareff, Véronique Sanson, Adé, Naps, Pomme… have already agreed to come to the set on Saturday evening. Regarding the arrival of international artists, the production recognizes that it is complicated to bring them, but there will be some. Note that the godfather or godmother will be a great international artist: “We are 5% away from closing the agreement with this person”.

– A special bonus dedicated to Gregory Lemarchal is planned.

StarAc.thumb.png.57f4e0ae0b9d787c408f18b79349d3eb.png

So this is Star Academy in France, not Canada.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

An interview for Monaco Info

I know it's not exactly French press but Monaco press, but as it's in French and we probably won't need a special "Monaco press" thread :teehee:, I've moved it here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

An interview for Monaco Info

I couldn't find the interview on YouTube with subtitles ( even French would be ok).  Is there a way of adding automatic subtitles? I'm not sure what Mika says after talking about his forthcoming albums.

Edited by SusanT

Does he actually say his Mum trained him to play music from the age of 6?! Sure, first it was 11, then 8, now 6. :rolleyes: Well, maybe I understand it wrong, it's one of those details that are hard to get for me. He said a few time periods in that settestorie interview, I wanted to use those to count how old he probably really was, because the invasion of Kuwait / start of the Gulf War is something he can't invent his own timing for. :mf_rosetinted: But I didn't get to do it yet. And who knows if those times in the interview are right, lol! :lmfao:

@SusanT I'm not sure but I think the automatic subtitles might take 1-2 days to be available. I think he says something about many projects and that he kind of creates his destiny (as an artist) by writing, and metabolizing changes in his life by writing. Something along those lines, but I also don't understand all the details. Subtitles certainly would be helpful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SusanT said:

I couldn't find the interview on YouTube with subtitles ( even French would be ok).  Is there a way of adding automatic subtitles? I'm not sure what Mika says after talking about his forthcoming albums.

The thing is automatic subs are not perfect in English but rather bad in French...

1 hour ago, mellody said:

Does he actually say his Mum trained him to play music from the age of 6?! Sure, first it was 11, then 8, now 6. :rolleyes: Well, maybe I understand it wrong, it's one of those details that are hard to get for me. He said a few time periods in that settestorie interview, I wanted to use those to count how old he probably really was, because the invasion of Kuwait / start of the Gulf War is something he can't invent his own timing for. :mf_rosetinted: But I didn't get to do it yet. And who knows if those times in the interview are right, lol! :lmfao:

@SusanT I'm not sure but I think the automatic subtitles might take 1-2 days to be available. I think he says something about many projects and that he kind of creates his destiny (as an artist) by writing, and metabolizing changes in his life by writing. Something along those lines, but I also don't understand all the details. Subtitles certainly would be helpful.

Yes he says 6. As far as French automatic subs they are noñt good usually. 

You got what he said right Karin. He said he had a big change in his life (he lost his mum) but that as an artist he can metabolize events by creating. He says his mother trained him (kind of like a race horse)  and he also says in sports parents are often the ones behind successful sportsmen/women because they trained them at a young age. He then talks about his three albums in the making (French songs album,  English songs album and the symphonic music movie soundtrack)

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, mellody said:

Apart from probably not trying to be very accurate with dates, I wonder if Mika's dyslexia also has something to do with giving different time periods. I remember the Italian talk show host Fabio Fazio once asking Mika about particular dates and Mika had trouble calculating how long he had been doing something ( I think working with the X Factor team in 2013).

French subtitles are now available, as Mellody predicted. 😊

Edited by SusanT
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, mellody said:

@SusanT 

I think there are different explanations for him messing up the dates. First of all it's how the brain works. Apart from some important moments in your life you simply forget how old you were att specific moments. 

Besides that, being trained is not a specific moment, who knows when he got his first lesson from his mom. He probably doesn't remember precisely himself. And when do you call it teaching? Playfully singing with my kids would I not call teaching but if my kid grows up to be a talented singer I would probably look back at it differently. 

And with all these memory flaws it's quite easy to adapt your story a bit to impress someone. We all do that, even without knowing it but we don't get interviewed that often :lol3: 

His earlier interviews are probably more accurate, simply because it's easier to remember something that happened 15 years ago instead of 30 years ago. And that leads us to the final conclusion.... he is just getting old :floor:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bren said:

I think there are different explanations for him messing up the dates. First of all it's how the brain works. Apart from some important moments in your life you simply forget how old you were att specific moments. 

Besides that, being trained is not a specific moment, who knows when he got his first lesson from his mom. He probably doesn't remember precisely himself. And when do you call it teaching? Playfully singing with my kids would I not call teaching but if my kid grows up to be a talented singer I would probably look back at it differently. 

And with all these memory flaws it's quite easy to adapt your story a bit to impress someone. We all do that, even without knowing it but we don't get interviewed that often :lol3: 

His earlier interviews are probably more accurate, simply because it's easier to remember something that happened 15 years ago instead of 30 years ago. And that leads us to the final conclusion.... he is just getting old :floor:

We really don't know when Mika started learning playing piano.

He mentioned that in France he wasn't dyslexic. He was able to read music. 

And his sisters used to play piano as well. They had one in Paris. It's one of a few things they managed to take with them to London. If I recall it was this one painted white.

• Like 2

Yeah, but he talks about being trained to play piano like a race horse, not just like other kids start making music (like the story he told about the string he got) and so far he has always said it was because he was out of school, after being bullied, to give him back a sense of value, and because they needed money to pay their rent. He might have had piano lessons before, like other kids learn an instrument, but that hard training was at a certain time, after his Dad had returned from Kuwait, after they had moved to London and he had attended school there for a while. Also it's not a surprising question, it's a recurring question that he has been answering since he started doing interviews - and I don't think he goes to interviews unprepared, so I'm pretty sure he knows what age he started and he hasn't forgotten because he's getting too old. Maybe he just finds it boring to always say the same, he said it in interviews in the early years, that he just invents things so he won't get bored by always the same questions. :teehee: That was kinda cute & funny when he was 24, from a 39yo Mika I'd expect some more consistency in his statements, because if you want other people to trust you, you just need a certain consistency. Sure, you can change, and be a different person to who you were a year ago, but making up "alternative facts" :teehee: is a different issue. But well, maybe that expectation just shows that it's me who's getting old. :old: :naughty: And actually it doesn't really matter how old he was when he started playing piano, it just makes me go :facepalm: when he keeps saying different things every time. :naughty: I like consistency. :dunno_grin:

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Bren said:

His earlier interviews were Mika joking all the time and telling  imaginary stories...he is more accurate now... which doesn't mean he doesn't mess up with numbers...I do it aĺl the time myself like I will often say 2007 instead of 2017 or I don't know my children's age nor mine although I know the day, the month and the year... I don't know if it is linked but being far sighted I always stayed in the blur...Mika is far sighted too...so maybe these are just details to him... :dunno:

🇲🇨 MONACO

Monaco-Matin

10 October 2022

Mika : « Je veux rester poétiquement pop »

Avant de monter sur scène à Monaco pour un gala au profit de la Fondation Prince Albert II, le chanteur s’est confié évoquant ses quinze ans de carrière, ses engagements et ses projets à venir. Une partie de moi est restée un enfant terrible ”

Relax, take it easy …Mikaest fidèle à cette ritournelle qui le suit depuis quinze ans. Comme on l’imagine. Souriant malgré une petite blessure au doigt qui complique sa pratique du piano. Prenant le temps dans sa loge pour répondre aux questions aussi précisément que les conseils qu’il distillait aux candidats de l’émission The Voice.

Un rôle de coach qui a permis au chanteur anglo-americano-libanais d’être adopté dans le coeur des Français. Habitué aux salles bouillantes venant communier avec ce showman réputé, c’est devant seulement 120 convives qu’il s’est produit samedi soir à l’hermitage. Réinventant ses tubes accompagné par un piano et cinq voix de gospel lors d’un gala au profit de la Fondation Prince Albert II, pour lever des fonds en direction d’actions de préservation de l’environnement. Un domaine qui ne laisse pas l’artiste insensible. Interview.

Plusieurs artistes réfléchissent, dans leur métier, à être plus vertueux écologiquement. Et vous ?

C’est toujours compliqué de s’adapter à un nouveau modèle, mais il faut faire des changements dans notre métier. Ce n’est pas la même chose pour un artiste qui remplit des stades, pour un groupe qui joue dans des théâtres ou pour un chanteur qui démarre sa carrière. À chaque niveau, des challenges logistiques rendent la chose complexe. Quand on pense au gaspillage des dernières décennies, il y a déjà une prise de conscience. Aujourd’hui, quand je vais jouer en Asie, j’emmène des décors en tissus ou gonflables, au lieu de remplir des containers. L’idée de transporter un décor physique de l’autre côté de la planète, ça n’a pas de sens. Il faut s’adapter, se réinventer.

Par exemple, le concert virtuel peut être une expérience extrêmement gratifiante aussi…

Vit-on l’expérience de la musique avec la même intensité dans une salle que face à un écran ?

Oui ! Quand j’ai organisé le concert virtuel I love Beirut [diffusé dans le monde entier pour soutenir le Liban où Mika est né, après la terrible explosion du 4 août 2020 Ndlr.], mon idée était de provoquer la communion d’esprit et l’émotion que l’on ressent dans une salle, mais en regardant un écran. On a construit une mise en scène avec des témoignages, des images provoquant les mêmes émotions, mais d’une autre manière.

Pour le showman que vous êtes sur scène, ce n’est pas frustrant ?

Ça dépend quel genre d’artiste on est. Pour moi, un concert est une oeuvre plastique. Quand on est le propre auteur de son expérience, on sait que le total des parties peut être extrêmement puissant. Je l’ai vécu en concevant le feu d’artifice du Nouvel an à Versailles en 2020. C’était un énorme challenge pour que les gens prennent du plaisir en le regardant à la télévision du début à la fin. Ma référence a été le film Fantasia. J’ai récréé cet univers avec un piano au centre, faisant comme s’il déclenchait le feu d’artifice. L’émotion que j’ai vécu à ce moment, c’est comme si j’étais en train de chanter devant 80 000 personnes.

Comme cette transe de vos fins de concerts, ou l’on vous voit souvent en pleine communion avec le public…

La transe peut se provoquer de différentes manières. Sur scène, je ne vous cache pas que j’utilisais

Vous avez moins besoin d’artifices sur scène parce que vous vous sentez plus affirmé ?

Je suis plus dangereux maintenant qu’avant [rires].

Je ne pense pas aux conséquences, et surtout je ne demande pas la permission. Pendant très longtemps, je pensais à ma place dans un panorama d’autres artistes. Aujourd’hui, je m’en fiche !

Je vais avoir 40 ans, je m’amuse comme si j’étais un ado de seize ans, qui sort sans le dire à ses parents et qui va danser, faire semblant d’avoir dix-huit ans [rires].

Un ado insouciant mais presque quadra…

Mon premier job, j’avais huit ans. Quand on commence à travailler jeune, ça force à devenir adulte. On doit assumer la responsabilité et les conséquences de la pression d’un job. Le mien était de chanter tous les soirs devant 2 000 personnes à l’opéra royal à Londres. C’est costaud et ça fait grandir. Mais une partie de moi est restée un enfant terrible. Et cette partie-là se manifeste beaucoup plus. Je me suis fait la promesse de rester poétiquement pop.

Mais pour rester poétique, il faut aussi être féroce. Car le monde nous dit tous les jours, d’être l’inverse de la poésie.

Un cap difficile à tenir dans une actualité sombre ?

Surtout dans le monde de la pop, du trash ,des likes, du streaming. Mais je n’ai pas peur de jouer le jeu. Je gère tous mes comptes sur les réseaux sociaux, cela facilite un contact plus crédible dans ce monde numérique. Le numérique ne me déprime pas du tout. Je vois d’ailleurs un grand changement dans mon public, avec des gens de 15 à 25 ans qui s’intéressent à mon travail.

‘‘

Justement, beaucoup attendent votre nouvel album, annoncé pour 2022…

Il arrive [grand sourire] et j’en suis fier. Il sera tout en français, évoquant mon lien avec la francophonie, mais je ne peux en dire davantage pour le moment…

Spoiler

Mika: “I want to stay poetically pop”

Before going on stage in Monaco for a gala for the benefit of the Prince Albert II Foundation, the singer spoke about his fifteen-year career, his commitments and his future projects. A part of me remained an enfant terrible”

Relax, take it easy…Mika is faithful to this refrain that has followed him for fifteen years. As we imagine. Smiling despite a small finger injury that complicates his practice of the piano. Taking the time in his dressing room to answer questions as precisely as the advice he distilled to the candidates of the show The Voice.

A coaching role that allowed the Anglo-American-Lebanese singer to be adopted in the hearts of the French. Accustomed to boiling rooms coming to commune with this renowned showman, it was in front of only 120 guests that he performed on Saturday evening at the hermitage. Reinventing his hits accompanied by a piano and five gospel voices during a gala for the benefit of the Prince Albert II Foundation, to raise funds for environmental preservation actions. A field that does not leave the artist indifferent. Interview.

Several artists reflect, in their profession, to be more ecologically virtuous. And you?

It's always complicated to adapt to a new model, but we have to make changes in our profession. It is not the same for an artist who fills stadiums, for a band who plays in theaters or for a singer who starts his career. At each level, logistical challenges make it complex. When we think of the waste of the last decades, there is already an awareness. Today, when I go to play in Asia, I bring fabric or inflatable sets, instead of filling containers. The idea of transporting a physical set to the other side of the planet does not make sense. You have to adapt, reinvent yourself.

For example, the virtual concert can be an extremely rewarding experience too…

Do we live the experience of music with the same intensity in a room as in front of a screen?

Yes ! When I organized the virtual concert I love Beirut [broadcast worldwide to support Lebanon where Mika was born, after the terrible explosion of August 4, 2020 Editor's note], my idea was to provoke communion of spirit and l emotion that one feels in a room, but looking at a screen. We built a staging with testimonials, images provoking the same emotions, but in a different way.

For the showman that you are on stage, isn't that frustrating?

It depends what kind of artist you are. For me, a concert is a plastic work. When one is the own author of one's experience, one knows that the total of the parts can be extremely powerful. I experienced it while designing the New Year's fireworks at Versailles in 2020. It was a huge challenge for people to enjoy watching it on television from start to finish. My reference was the movie Fantasia. I recreated this universe with a piano in the center, pretending to set off the fireworks. The emotion I experienced at that moment was like singing in front of 80,000 people.

Like this trance at the end of your concerts, where you are often seen in full communion with the public...

Trance can be induced in different ways. On stage, I do not hide from you that I used

Do you need less artifice on stage because you feel more assertive?

I'm more dangerous now than before [laughs].

I don't think about the consequences, and above all I don't ask permission. For a very long time, I thought about my place in a panorama of other artists. Today, I don't care!

I'm going to be 40, I have fun like I'm a sixteen-year-old teenager, who goes out without telling his parents and who goes dancing, pretending to be eighteen [laughs].

A carefree teenager but almost forty…

My first job, I was eight years old. When you start working young, it forces you to become an adult. We must take responsibility and the consequences of the pressure of a job. Mine was to sing every night in front of 2,000 people at the Royal Opera House in London. It's tough and it makes you grow. But part of me remained an enfant terrible. And that part manifests itself much more. I made a promise to myself to stay poetically pop.

But to remain poetic, you also have to be fierce. Because the world tells us every day to be the opposite of poetry.

A course difficult to hold in a dark news?

Especially in the world of pop, trash, likes, streaming. But I'm not afraid to play the game. I manage all my accounts on social networks, it facilitates a more credible contact in this digital world. Digital doesn't depress me at all. I also see a big change in my audience, with people aged 15 to 25 taking an interest in my work.

‘‘

Exactly, many are waiting for your new album, announced for 2022...

It's coming [big smile] and I'm proud of it. It will be all in French, evoking my link with the Francophonie, but I cannot say more for the moment...

monaco-matin-2022-10-03.jpg.79abc5b0328fb4066340732c3c6a31bb.jpg

monaco_matin_2022_10_3.thumb.jpg.cedfe586b5331f92aca994e37a1380ae.jpg

monaco-.jpg.a599d5b21c64601a6063b9386083bf4f.jpg

monaco-matin.thumb.jpg.881fed0d22c596fdcecc70bdc1f44ded.jpg

monaco.thumb.jpg.6dc80cedd11eabf43f235f07ee19e2fc.jpg

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

🇲🇨

Justement, beaucoup attendent votre nouvel album, annoncé pour 2022…

Il arrive [grand sourire] et j’en suis fier. Il sera tout en français, évoquant mon lien avec la francophonie, mais je ne peux en dire davantage pour le moment…

So, ok that's an interview for the French market anyway, but he talks about just one album, and in French 

Wondering if that means that the "other" album will come out more "mikasoon" than expected :naughty:

Hm, I don't agree with him that an online show can provoke the same feelings as a live show - maybe for him, but I'll always prefer live gigs to online gigs. Those can just be a replacement that's better than no gigs at all, when there's a lockdown or for watching a gig you can't travel to, because it's far away or you can't afford it or you became ill. But if the performance ends up being too polished and "overperformed" because it's filmed for TV/Streaming, then imo it's a disadvantage for the live gig as well as for the broadcasted one. I'd have loved to hear him say this about online gigs 2 years ago, but now luckily we can live our lifes again, without too many restrictions. Well, who knows what will come, it's good that he's prepared. :thumb_yello:

That part about feeling like a teenager and running away from home sounds a bit like midlife-crisis, lol! 😅 Maybe that's just the translation... But anyway glad to hear he's having fun and stopped comparing himself to other artists, that's definitely a good thing. :thumb_yello: Also that he says he isn't afraid of social media... well yes, we know he's managing his own accounts, he might not have for Tiktok, but apparently no one manages that anymore now, so right now it's true what he says... :teehee: and I'm sure 2 accounts (IG and Twitter) are enough work, if you're a full time musician, he doesn't need 5 more. Better be more active on the one or 2 than try to do 10 and end up doing none. In any case I like the way he thinks about it, and maybe when he has more to promote he'll start posting more again. It's already getting better now, it seems. It still seems that he's using it more as a promotion tool than for the "credible contact", but at least he's trying, I'm glad he doesn't give his IG and Twitter to social media managers (tho he could take a few tips from them... 🙈), it would never feel that personal.

Also good to hear that he's appealing to a younger audience as well, I'm sure his label loves this... :teehee: I just don't know why he calls it a "change", he's always had fans of all ages? The trick is to bring them all together, in the communion of spirit at his gigs, like he did at the Revelation Tour - it all felt like one big family, connected by love. :wub2:

About the album/s, I'm surprised that the song snippets he shared so far are all in English, when the French album is supposed to be released first.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mellody said:

Hm, I don't agree with him that an online show can provoke the same feelings as a live show - maybe for him, but I'll always prefer live gigs to online gigs. Those can just be a replacement that's better than no gigs at all, when there's a lockdown or for watching a gig you can't travel to, because it's far away or you can't afford it or you became ill. But if the performance ends up being too polished and "overperformed" because it's filmed for TV/Streaming, then imo it's a disadvantage for the live gig as well as for the broadcasted one. I'd have loved to hear him say this about online gigs 2 years ago, but now luckily we can live our lifes again, without too many restrictions. Well, who knows what will come, it's good that he's prepared. :thumb_yello:

That part about feeling like a teenager and running away from home sounds a bit like midlife-crisis, lol! 😅 Maybe that's just the translation... But anyway glad to hear he's having fun and stopped comparing himself to other artists, that's definitely a good thing. :thumb_yello: Also that he says he isn't afraid of social media... well yes, we know he's managing his own accounts, he might not have for Tiktok, but apparently no one manages that anymore now, so right now it's true what he says... :teehee: and I'm sure 2 accounts (IG and Twitter) are enough work, if you're a full time musician, he doesn't need 5 more. Better be more active on the one or 2 than try to do 10 and end up doing none. In any case I like the way he thinks about it, and maybe when he has more to promote he'll start posting more again. It's already getting better now, it seems. It still seems that he's using it more as a promotion tool than for the "credible contact", but at least he's trying, I'm glad he doesn't give his IG and Twitter to social media managers (tho he could take a few tips from them... 🙈), it would never feel that personal.

Also good to hear that he's appealing to a younger audience as well, I'm sure his label loves this... :teehee: I just don't know why he calls it a "change", he's always had fans of all ages? The trick is to bring them all together, in the communion of spirit at his gigs, like he did at the Revelation Tour - it all felt like one big family, connected by love. :wub2:

About the album/s, I'm surprised that the song snippets he shared so far are all in English, when the French album is supposed to be released first.

I think he meant he feels like a teenager who goes out for the night clubbing without telling his parents. Not running away from home :D
I'm surprised he's talking so positively about online gigs now too, wasn't he the one complaining the most at the beginning of covid?! But he is very good at reinventing things and going with the times which I think is part of why he's so successful with all age groups.

Was his IG account managed by someone else at some point in the past? I thought I remembered him saying that in an interview once? But I think it was in Italian so maybe I misunderstood.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CharlotteL said:

I think he meant he feels like a teenager who goes out for the night clubbing without telling his parents. Not running away from home :D
I'm surprised he's talking so positively about online gigs now too, wasn't he the one complaining the most at the beginning of covid?! But he is very good at reinventing things and going with the times which I think is part of why he's so successful with all age groups.

Was his IG account managed by someone else at some point in the past? I thought I remembered him saying that in an interview once? But I think it was in Italian so maybe I misunderstood.

I agree with you that he's saying he feels like a teenager, and that he's feeling free, almost like he's getting away with something he shouldn't be doing. In short, really enjoying himself without worrying about the consequences or what others might say.

And no, he has always managed his Instagram and Twitter accounts himself. If some social media manager was doing them, I think we'd have tweets and posts on a much more regular basis!  :lol3:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, dcdeb said:

In short, really enjoying himself without worrying about the consequences or what others might say.

This is what I understood as well. And I think this is the walk of life he has gone through in the last couple of years, he has spoken about this more often in interviews.
….or this is me projecting, because it is what I have done (and Mika and I are pretty much the same age).

When I turned 30 I received a birthday card with the following text: the only weight you need to lose, is the weight of other people’s opinions. That still sticks with my today: and I live by it more and more. It is freeing! Not carefree, but more stressfree :wink2:

• Like 3