Mika in French Press - 2022

Kumazzz

5 minutes ago, Prisca said:

He says that he has finished the French AND the English album and delivered the soundtrack...

Wow  that sounds good to me. Three new albums for 2023!!

:excite:Am I dreaming? 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I am not sure! “Je viens de finaliser” would sound to me as “I am finalizing”, but Google Translate says “I have finalized”. But that would be “j’ai finalisé”…. right? 

He is saying he has finished both the French and the English album and delivered the movie soundtrack :shocked:  ..but I find it hard to believe :jawdrop:....however if if is true I want all three albums now  :excite::tears: :wootjump: :squirrel::fangurl: :swoon: :stretcher:

:omg_fans: :partytime:  :mikalove:

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Let’s ask a native French speaker, I am truly the last person to ask :lol3: @crazyaboutmika, what do you say? 

He does say all three albums are finished... I hope it's not just wishful thinking on his part because I'm getting so hyper now :swoon:I was looking after  a sick baby so I wasn't able to read the text until now

• Like 2

Maybe this explains the "another day, another studio, just not any other" story. That was wrap day. 

41 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

This means he is in the studio now to put it all together and make the last tweaks? Decide which of the songs will be on the album? That’s what I can imagine is happening right now, if it’s true that everything is finished!! 

Maybe, but he says the albums are finished, which suggests he's already chosen the songs. 

New music! New music! :yay::cheer::groupwave:

• Like 4

Not sure if this was posted here

Thank you @Anna Ko Kolkowska :flowers2: :huglove: 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CloERkJghZ_/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

And also a translation found on internet by @ clipmika on instagram

https://www.instagram.com/p/CloERkJghZ_/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Credits go to blooming boy on twitter who blocked me a long time ago I have no clue why

Nathalie kindly shared the text with me

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ImbGHyRquW29MkQ8__p4FsrVW3z8R2yi5-guSK_adkI/edit?usp=drivesdk 

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, crazyaboutmika said:

Credits go to blooming boy on twitter who blocked me a long time ago I have no clue why

Nathalie kindly shared the text with me

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ImbGHyRquW29MkQ8__p4FsrVW3z8R2yi5-guSK_adkI/edit?usp=drivesdk 

Révélé en 2007 par le hit Relax, Take It Easy, l’auteur compositeur a plus d’une corde à son arc  musical. Celui qui multiplie les journées en studio prend un grand soin dans le choix de son  équipement audio, dès qu’arrive l’heure de l’écoute juste pour le plaisir. Il a rencontré The Good  Life dans un décor d’exception: la résidence d’artistes Numeroventi, au coeur de Florence.  

Rivelato nel 2007 dalla hit Relax, Take It Easy, Mika ha più di una corda al suo arco musicale. Chi  moltiplica le giornate in studio pone molta cura nella scelta del proprio impianto audio, non  appena arriva il momento dell'ascolto solo per divertimento. Ha incontrato The Good Life in una  cornice d'eccezione: la residenza degli artisti Numeroventi, nel cuore di Firenze. 

Made famous by the 2007 hit Relax, take it easy, the singer songwriter has more than one string to his musical bow. Spending his days in the studio, he takes great care in choosing his audio equipment when it comes to listening to music just for fun. He met the Good Life in an exceptional décor: the artist's residency Numeroventi, in Florence.

Comment êtes-vous venu à la musique ?  

Come sei arrivato alla musica?  

How did you come to music ? 

Dès mon plus jeune âge, le mystère du son m’a fasciné. À 5 ans, j’ai reçu, à Noël, un violon que  j’ai totalement détruit au bout d’une heure. Quand mes parents, furieux, m’en ont demandé la  raison j’ai répondu que je cherchais d’ou venait le son sans comprendre que l’intérieur de  l’instrument était vide. J’imaginais le son comme un élément plastique, sculptural, qu’il fallait  former. Cette question s’est transformée en obsession pour la puissance émotionnelle des  mélodies et des textures. Avec la pratique du chant et du piano, j’ai débuté professionnellement à  8 ans.  

Fin dalla tenera età, il mistero del suono mi ha affascinato. Quando avevo 5 anni, a Natale ho  ricevuto un violino, che ho completamente distrutto dopo un'ora. Quando i miei genitori furiosi mi  hanno chiesto perché, ho risposto che stavo cercando da dove provenisse il suono senza capire  che l'interno dello strumento era vuoto. Ho immaginato il suono come un elemento plastico,  scultoreo che doveva essere formato. Questa domanda si è trasformata in un'ossessione per il  potere emotivo delle melodie e delle trame. Con la pratica del canto e del pianoforte, ho iniziato  professionalmente a 8 anni. 

From a very early age, the mystery of the sound has fascinated me. When I was 5, I was given, for Christmas, a violin that I completely destroyed in an hour. When my parents, furious, asked me why, I said that I was looking for where the sound was coming from, without being able to understand why within the violin it was empty. I imagined the sound as a plastic, sculptural element that needed to be shaped. That question became an obsession for the emotional power of melodies and textures. With the singing and piano practice, I started professionally at the age of 8. 

Qu’écoutiez-vous alors ?  

Cosa stavi ascoltando allora? 
What were you listening to then ? 

J’ai grandi bercé par le classique. De Johann Strauss à Bach, nombre de compositeurs ont  compté, au même titre que la musique religieuse à l’église. Je suis allé à l’opéra dès l’âge de  quatre ans. Même Noël était l’occasion de nous rendre à des spectacles à l’opéra ou au théâtre.  Toutes ces influences se mélangeaient à Joni Mitchell, Bob Dylan, Shabba Ranks, Nina Simone….  Encore aujourd’hui je peux écouter dans la journée de la musique contemporaine, du rap, de la  dance et de la pop sans aucune frontière entre les styles.  

Sono cresciuto cullato dal classico. Da Johann Strauss a Bach, molti compositori hanno contato,  così come la musica religiosa nella chiesa. Sono andato all'opera dall'età di quattro anni. Anche il  Natale era per noi l'occasione per andare agli spettacoli dell'opera o del teatro. Tutte queste  influenze mescolate con Joni Mitchell, Bob Dylan, Shabba Ranks, Nina Simone…. Ancora oggi  posso ascoltare musica contemporanea, rap, dance e pop durante il giorno senza alcun confine  tra stili.

I grew up rocked by classical music. From de Johann Strauss to Back, many composers mattered, in the same manner as religious music at Church. I started going to the Opera at the age of 4. Even Christmas was the opportunity for us to go to shows at the Opera or to the Theatre. All these influences mixed themselves with Joni Mitchell, Bob Dylan, Shabba Ranks, Nina Simone… Still today, I can listen in a day to contemporary music, rap, dance, pop without any borders between the styles. 

Etes vous éclectique en tant que compositeur?  

Sei eclettico come compositore?  

Are you eclectic as a songwriter? 

En studio, j’aspire à la liberté. Je viens de finaliser deux albums: l’un en français l’autre en anglais  et j’ai livré ma première BO de film, une heure de musique symphonique sur laquelle j’ai travaillé  durant dix mois. Mon studio se compose en réalité de quatre studios qui tournent en parallèle,  l’un avec des programmateurs électros, un deuxième avec des arrangeurs et orchestrateurs  classiques, un autre pour des musiques expérimentales enregistrées avec des micros 3D…. Avec  au centre des quatre, la cuisine où chacun vient se restaurer sur du Charlie Parker, Polo et Pan,  Sam Fender, Mel Tormé, Bon Entendeur, du jazz de Harlem des années 40…  

In studio, desidero ardentemente la libertà. Ho appena ultimato due album: uno in francese l'altro  in inglese e ho consegnato la mia prima colonna sonora per un film, un'ora di musica sinfonica su  cui ho lavorato per dieci mesi. Il mio studio è in realtà composto da quattro studi che funzionano  in parallelo, uno con programmatori elettronici, un secondo con arrangiatori e orchestratori  classici, un altro per musica sperimentale registrata con microfoni 3D…. Con al centro dei quattro,  la cucina dove tutti vengono a mangiare Charlie Parker, Polo e Pan, Sam Fender, Mel Tormé, Bon  Entendeur, Harlem jazz degli anni '40... 

In the studio, I aspire to freedom. I’ve just finalised two albums: one in french, the other in english and realised my first movie soundtrack, an hour of symphonic music I’ve worked on for 10 months. My studio is composed of 4 studios that operate in tandem, one with electro programmers, a second with classical arrangers, orchestrators, another for experimental music recorded with 3D microphones. In the centre of the 4 studios, there is a kitchen where everyone comes to feed themselves while listening to Charlie Parker, Polo and Pan, Sam Fender, Mel Tormé, Bon entendeur, Harlem Jazz from the 40’s. 

Qu’a changé (pour vous) le passage de la musique du support physique au numérique ?  Cosa ha cambiato (per te) il passaggio della musica dal supporto fisico al digitale?  What has changed (for you) the transition of music from a physical support to a digital one?

Le numérique permet de trouver tout ce qu’on veut écouter avec l’embarras du choix. C’est  formidable de pouvoir par exemple, tomber sur un enregistrement de Kurt Weill des années 40.  Mais à travers cette bibliothèque virtuelle, infinie et non éditorialisée, la musique a perdu son coté  cérémonial. La manière de la digérer a aussi changé. Nous sommes toujours dans une période de  transition. Tout évolue tous les six mois du point de vue de la qualité des fichiers, des catalogues  des algorithmes et des technologies d’écoute. On est passé du format MP3 compressé à des  fichiers haute définition avec du matériel qui s’adapte.  

Il digitale permette di trovare tutto ciò che si vuole ascoltare con l'imbarazzo della scelta. È bello  potersi imbattere, ad esempio, in una registrazione di Kurt Weill degli anni 40. Ma attraverso  questa biblioteca virtuale, infinita e non editoriale, la musica ha perso il suo lato cerimoniale.  Anche il modo di digerirlo è cambiato. Siamo ancora in un periodo di transizione. Ogni sei mesi  cambia tutto dal punto di vista della qualità dei file, dei cataloghi degli algoritmi e delle tecnologie  di ascolto. Siamo passati dal formato MP3 compresso a file ad alta definizione con hardware che  si adatta. 

Digital technology enables one to find anything one wants to listen with a plethora of choices. It’s wonderful to be able to come upon a Kurt Weil recording from the 40’s for instance. But through this virtual library, infinite and not editorialised, music has lost its ceremonial aspect. The way of processing it has changed as well. We’re still in a transition period. Everything changes every six months from the file quality, the catalogues, algorithms to the listening technologies. We went from the MP3 format, compressed to high definition files with adaptive equipment. 

Quel matériel vous semble à la hauteur ?  

Quale materiale pensi che valga la pena? 
Which equipment do you think lives up to expectations? 

Je passe mes journées face à des enceintes de travail au rendu complètement plat, afin  d’entendre la réalité de ce que j’enregistre. Cela épuise les oreilles. Quand je m’en éloigne, je veux  des enceintes avec de la profondeur, pour plus de plaisir. Dans  la cuisine et le salon de deux de  mes maisons, je possède des produits Bang Olufsen tels que l’enceinte Beosound Level. Leur  algorithmes sont sûrement les plus sophistiqués au monde. Ils donnent une qualité de son qui me  plait, surtout pour le numérique.  

Trascorro le mie giornate davanti a diffusori da lavoro con resa completamente flat, per poter  sentire la realtà di ciò che registro. Esaurisce le orecchie. Quando mi allontano da esso, voglio  altoparlanti con profondità, per più piacere. Nella cucina e nel soggiorno di due delle mie case, ho  prodotti Bang Olufsen come il diffusore Beosound Level. I loro algoritmi sono sicuramente i più  sofisticati al mondo. Danno una qualità del suono che mi piace, soprattutto per il digitale.

I spend my days in front of working speakers with a flat rendering in order to hear the reality of what I record. It exhausts one’s ears. When I move away from them, I want speakers with depth, for more pleasure. In two of my houses’ kitchen and living room, I own Bang Olufsen products, such as the Beosound Level speaker. Their algorithms are certainly the most sophisticated in the world. They deliver a sound quality that I like, especially for the digital.  

Qu’appréciez vous le plus dans cette enceinte ?  

Cosa ti piace di più di questo altoparlante musicale?  

What do you like the most about that speaker?

Elle procure la qualité sans compromis en stéréo aussi bien pour le classique, le rap, le jazz. On la  trouve par paires dans mes loges de concerts ou à la télévision car j’écoute tout le temps de la  musique.  

Fornisce una qualità senza compromessi in stereo per musica classica, rap e jazz. Si trova in  coppia nel miei palchi da concerto o in televisione perché ascolto musica tutto il tempo.

It procures quality without compromise in stereo in equal measures for classical, rap, jazz. You can find it by pairs in my concerts or TV lodges because I listen to music all the time. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/1/2022 at 8:09 PM, holdingyourdrink said:

This means he is in the studio now to put it all together and make the last tweaks? Decide which of the songs will be on the album? That’s what I can imagine is happening right now, if it’s true that everything is finished!! 

Yes, or maybe just mixing/mastering. That's likely not something he'd do himself, but he might want to be there and make sure the sound engineers make it sound the way he wants it.

I don't know if he does full recordings to choose what he wants to put on the album, or rather decides from the demos and then records the ones he wants. Studio time, musicians, producers etc. cost a lot of money, so I'd be surprised if he fully recorded all 60 songs that he writes for one album.

• Like 4

The Good Life - Décembre 2022 - Janvier 2023 (No. 56)

the_good_life_2022_12_2023_01_fr.thumb.jpg.167b11b5273d383a4317470e2fc4181e.jpg

page 298

The_Good_Life_2022_12_2023_01_fr.downmagaz.net-298-299_page-0001.thumb.jpg.cd596b637021c18ba15f49d2ed423a21.jpg

page 299

The_Good_Life_2022_12_2023_01_fr.downmagaz.net-298-299_page-0002.thumb.jpg.d07035f363a51dff03c737d89ae05012.jpg

The_Good_Life_2022_12_2023_01.jpg.3c24299a8b96113e9294b11c465aec62.jpg

On 11/30/2022 at 6:30 AM, Mikasister said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CllSijnOyfj/

thegoodlife_mag

The Good Life et @bangolufsen ont rencontré @mikainstagram a l’occasion de la rubrique The Good Sound. Il se livre lors d’une interview exclusive dans un décor d’exception : la résidence d’artistes Numeroventi, au cœur de Florence.⁠
À découvrir dans notre prochain numéro The Good Life, sortie en kiosque le 01/12 !⁠
📷 @gabrielestab

317364408_664238825196558_6719874960176689215_n.jpg

On 12/2/2022 at 5:57 PM, Kumazzz said:

Révélé en 2007 par le hit Relax, Take It Easy, l’auteur compositeur a plus d’une corde à son arc  musical. Celui qui multiplie les journées en studio prend un grand soin dans le choix de son  équipement audio, dès qu’arrive l’heure de l’écoute juste pour le plaisir. Il a rencontré The Good  Life dans un décor d’exception: la résidence d’artistes Numeroventi, au coeur de Florence.  

Rivelato nel 2007 dalla hit Relax, Take It Easy, Mika ha più di una corda al suo arco musicale. Chi  moltiplica le giornate in studio pone molta cura nella scelta del proprio impianto audio, non  appena arriva il momento dell'ascolto solo per divertimento. Ha incontrato The Good Life in una  cornice d'eccezione: la residenza degli artisti Numeroventi, nel cuore di Firenze. 

Made famous by the 2007 hit Relax, take it easy, the singer songwriter has more than one string to his musical bow. Spending his days in the studio, he takes great care in choosing his audio equipment when it comes to listening to music just for fun. He met the Good Life in an exceptional décor: the artist's residency Numeroventi, in Florence.

Comment êtes-vous venu à la musique ?  

Come sei arrivato alla musica?  

How did you come to music ? 

Dès mon plus jeune âge, le mystère du son m’a fasciné. À 5 ans, j’ai reçu, à Noël, un violon que  j’ai totalement détruit au bout d’une heure. Quand mes parents, furieux, m’en ont demandé la  raison j’ai répondu que je cherchais d’ou venait le son sans comprendre que l’intérieur de  l’instrument était vide. J’imaginais le son comme un élément plastique, sculptural, qu’il fallait  former. Cette question s’est transformée en obsession pour la puissance émotionnelle des  mélodies et des textures. Avec la pratique du chant et du piano, j’ai débuté professionnellement à  8 ans.  

Fin dalla tenera età, il mistero del suono mi ha affascinato. Quando avevo 5 anni, a Natale ho  ricevuto un violino, che ho completamente distrutto dopo un'ora. Quando i miei genitori furiosi mi  hanno chiesto perché, ho risposto che stavo cercando da dove provenisse il suono senza capire  che l'interno dello strumento era vuoto. Ho immaginato il suono come un elemento plastico,  scultoreo che doveva essere formato. Questa domanda si è trasformata in un'ossessione per il  potere emotivo delle melodie e delle trame. Con la pratica del canto e del pianoforte, ho iniziato  professionalmente a 8 anni. 

From a very early age, the mystery of the sound has fascinated me. When I was 5, I was given, for Christmas, a violin that I completely destroyed in an hour. When my parents, furious, asked me why, I said that I was looking for where the sound was coming from, without being able to understand why within the violin it was empty. I imagined the sound as a plastic, sculptural element that needed to be shaped. That question became an obsession for the emotional power of melodies and textures. With the singing and piano practice, I started professionally at the age of 8. 

Qu’écoutiez-vous alors ?  

Cosa stavi ascoltando allora? 
What were you listening to then ? 

J’ai grandi bercé par le classique. De Johann Strauss à Bach, nombre de compositeurs ont  compté, au même titre que la musique religieuse à l’église. Je suis allé à l’opéra dès l’âge de  quatre ans. Même Noël était l’occasion de nous rendre à des spectacles à l’opéra ou au théâtre.  Toutes ces influences se mélangeaient à Joni Mitchell, Bob Dylan, Shabba Ranks, Nina Simone….  Encore aujourd’hui je peux écouter dans la journée de la musique contemporaine, du rap, de la  dance et de la pop sans aucune frontière entre les styles.  

Sono cresciuto cullato dal classico. Da Johann Strauss a Bach, molti compositori hanno contato,  così come la musica religiosa nella chiesa. Sono andato all'opera dall'età di quattro anni. Anche il  Natale era per noi l'occasione per andare agli spettacoli dell'opera o del teatro. Tutte queste  influenze mescolate con Joni Mitchell, Bob Dylan, Shabba Ranks, Nina Simone…. Ancora oggi  posso ascoltare musica contemporanea, rap, dance e pop durante il giorno senza alcun confine  tra stili.

I grew up rocked by classical music. From Johann Strauss to Bach, many composers mattered, in the same manner as religious music at church. I started going to the opera at the age of 4. Even Christmas was the opportunity for us to go to shows at the opera or to the theatre. All these influences mixed themselves with Joni Mitchell, Bob Dylan, Shabba Ranks, Nina Simone… Still today, I can listen in a day to contemporary music, rap, dance, pop without any borders between the styles. 

Etes vous éclectique en tant que compositeur?  

Sei eclettico come compositore?  

Are you eclectic as a songwriter? 

En studio, j’aspire à la liberté. Je viens de finaliser deux albums: l’un en français l’autre en anglais  et j’ai livré ma première BO de film, une heure de musique symphonique sur laquelle j’ai travaillé  durant dix mois. Mon studio se compose en réalité de quatre studios qui tournent en parallèle,  l’un avec des programmateurs électros, un deuxième avec des arrangeurs et orchestrateurs  classiques, un autre pour des musiques expérimentales enregistrées avec des micros 3D…. Avec  au centre des quatre, la cuisine où chacun vient se restaurer sur du Charlie Parker, Polo et Pan,  Sam Fender, Mel Tormé, Bon Entendeur, du jazz de Harlem des années 40…  

In studio, desidero ardentemente la libertà. Ho appena ultimato due album: uno in francese l'altro  in inglese e ho consegnato la mia prima colonna sonora per un film, un'ora di musica sinfonica su  cui ho lavorato per dieci mesi. Il mio studio è in realtà composto da quattro studi che funzionano  in parallelo, uno con programmatori elettronici, un secondo con arrangiatori e orchestratori  classici, un altro per musica sperimentale registrata con microfoni 3D…. Con al centro dei quattro,  la cucina dove tutti vengono a mangiare Charlie Parker, Polo e Pan, Sam Fender, Mel Tormé, Bon Entendeur, Harlem jazz degli anni '40... 

In the studio, I aspire to freedom. I’ve just finalised two albums: one in French, the other in English and realised my first movie soundtrack, an hour of symphonic music I’ve worked on for 10 months. My studio is composed of 4 studios that operate in tandem, one with electro programmers, a second with classical arrangers, orchestrators, another for experimental music recorded with 3D microphones. In the centre of the 4 studios, there is a kitchen where everyone comes to feed themselves while listening to Charlie Parker, Polo and Pan, Sam Fender, Mel Tormé, Bon Entendeur, Harlem jazz from the '40s. 

Qu’a changé (pour vous) le passage de la musique du support physique au numérique ?  Cosa ha cambiato (per te) il passaggio della musica dal supporto fisico al digitale?  What has changed (for you) the transition of music from a physical support to a digital one?

Le numérique permet de trouver tout ce qu’on veut écouter avec l’embarras du choix. C’est  formidable de pouvoir par exemple, tomber sur un enregistrement de Kurt Weill des années 40.  Mais à travers cette bibliothèque virtuelle, infinie et non éditorialisée, la musique a perdu son coté  cérémonial. La manière de la digérer a aussi changé. Nous sommes toujours dans une période de  transition. Tout évolue tous les six mois du point de vue de la qualité des fichiers, des catalogues  des algorithmes et des technologies d’écoute. On est passé du format MP3 compressé à des  fichiers haute définition avec du matériel qui s’adapte.  

Il digitale permette di trovare tutto ciò che si vuole ascoltare con l'imbarazzo della scelta. È bello  potersi imbattere, ad esempio, in una registrazione di Kurt Weill degli anni 40. Ma attraverso  questa biblioteca virtuale, infinita e non editoriale, la musica ha perso il suo lato cerimoniale.  Anche il modo di digerirlo è cambiato. Siamo ancora in un periodo di transizione. Ogni sei mesi  cambia tutto dal punto di vista della qualità dei file, dei cataloghi degli algoritmi e delle tecnologie  di ascolto. Siamo passati dal formato MP3 compresso a file ad alta definizione con hardware che  si adatta. 

Digital technology enables one to find anything one wants to listen to with a plethora of choices. It’s wonderful to be able to come upon a Kurt Weill recording from the '40s for instance. But through this virtual library, infinite and not editorialised, music has lost its ceremonial aspect. The way of processing it has changed as well. We’re still in a transition period. Everything changes every six months from the file quality, the catalogues, algorithms to the listening technologies. We went from the MP3 format, compressed to high definition files with adaptive equipment. 

Quel matériel vous semble à la hauteur ?  

Quale materiale pensi che valga la pena? 
Which equipment do you think lives up to expectations? 

Je passe mes journées face à des enceintes de travail au rendu complètement plat, afin  d’entendre la réalité de ce que j’enregistre. Cela épuise les oreilles. Quand je m’en éloigne, je veux  des enceintes avec de la profondeur, pour plus de plaisir. Dans  la cuisine et le salon de deux de  mes maisons, je possède des produits Bang Olufsen tels que l’enceinte Beosound Level. Leur  algorithmes sont sûrement les plus sophistiqués au monde. Ils donnent une qualité de son qui me  plait, surtout pour le numérique.  

Trascorro le mie giornate davanti a diffusori da lavoro con resa completamente flat, per poter  sentire la realtà di ciò che registro. Esaurisce le orecchie. Quando mi allontano da esso, voglio  altoparlanti con profondità, per più piacere. Nella cucina e nel soggiorno di due delle mie case, ho  prodotti Bang Olufsen come il diffusore Beosound Level. I loro algoritmi sono sicuramente i più  sofisticati al mondo. Danno una qualità del suono che mi piace, soprattutto per il digitale.

I spend my days in front of working speakers with a flat rendering in order to hear the reality of what I record. It exhausts one’s ears. When I move away from them, I want speakers with depth, for more pleasure. In two of my houses’ kitchen and living room, I own Bang Olufsen products, such as the Beosound Level speaker. Their algorithms are certainly the most sophisticated in the world. They deliver a sound quality that I like, especially for the digital.  

Qu’appréciez vous le plus dans cette enceinte ?  

Cosa ti piace di più di questo altoparlante musicale?  

What do you like the most about that speaker?

Elle procure la qualité sans compromis en stéréo aussi bien pour le classique, le rap, le jazz. On la  trouve par paires dans mes loges de concerts ou à la télévision car j’écoute tout le temps de la  musique.  

Fornisce una qualità senza compromessi in stereo per musica classica, rap e jazz. Si trova in  coppia nel miei palchi da concerto o in televisione perché ascolto musica tutto il tempo.

It procures quality without compromise in stereo in equal measures for classical, rap, jazz. You can find it by pairs in my concerts or TV lodges because I listen to music all the time. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/3/2022 at 11:58 AM, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

What starts to worry me is that there is only Amira on the photo....

On the last Andy's video there was only one dog as well....

Luckily they're both well, see Andy's latest stories. :wub2:

• Like 3

When I was 5, I was given, for Christmas, a violin that I completely destroyed in an hour. When my parents, furious, asked me why, I said that I was looking for where the sound was coming from, without being able to understand why within the violin it was empty. I imagined the sound as a plastic, sculptural element that needed to be shaped. That question became an obsession for the emotional power of melodies and textures.

I'm just now catching up to some of these posts, and I absolutely love his story of how he perceived sound as a child. Taking apart a violin an hour after receiving it as a gift - now that's curiosity, and commitment! (Although I totally feel his parents' pain on this one). :D 

But through this virtual library, infinite and not editorialised, music has lost its ceremonial aspect. The way of processing it has changed as well.

I resonated hard with the comment he made about the ceremonial aspect of listening to music being lost, or at least drastically changed due to digital technology. As a budding audiophile, it makes me wonder if he has any thoughts on the merits of vinyl vs digital. I personally have only known his music through CDs and MP3 downloads (with the exception of MNIMH, which I do have on vinyl, and most of the tracks sound awesome), but I'm curious to know if there are any tracks in particular that are more suited to one medium over another. Perhaps a subject for a different thread that I haven't found yet.

I also might have drooled a bit over his description of the four studios he's been working out of - they have a perpetually stocked kitchen? With Harlem jazz playing? In my happy place I've generally imagined being a part of one of the choirs he sometimes uses for performances and recordings, but I might have to upgrade that dream a bit.... :drool:

• Like 5

Ouest France

Publié le 23/12/2022

Polyhandicap : dix ans de combat pour Sarah

Depuis dix ans, leur association « Sarah rayonne » permet à Caroline et Yves Leroux de réunir des fonds pour accompagner au mieux leur fille atteinte de polyhandicap. Sarah aura 15 ans en janvier.

Il y a quelques jours, Sarah était debout dans les allées du Zénith de Caen pour applaudir une de ses idoles, l’imitateur, Michaël Gregorio. Comme un peu plus d’un an plus tôt, où à la Philharmonie de Paris elle était venue écouter un autre de ses artistes préférés, Mika. Le chanteur avait salué la famille à l’issue du concert.

« La musique, et plus particulièrement Mika, ça lui fait un bien fou », sourit la maman, Caroline Leroux.

Dans leur maison de Saint-Vigor-leGrand, aux portes de Bayeux, Caroline et son mari, Yves, regardent les photos de ces moments très précieux au milieu de leur parcours du combattant.

En dehors des chemins

Pour arriver à faire progresser leur fille polyhandicapée, ils doivent mener un combat de tous les jours. Sarah, 15 ans en janvier, ne rentre pas dans les « cases » de la médecine. Depuis sa naissance, elle souffre de problèmes neuromoteurs dont l’origine n’a jamais été identifiée.

Malgré ces graves handicaps, les parents de Sarah ont toujours cherché à faire progresser leur fille. En trouvant leurs solutions, souvent en dehors des chemins balisés. « Petite, Sarah était comme une poupée toute molle, décrit sa maman. La seule solution préconisée par les médecins était de lui fabriquer une coque pour la maintenir. Nous ne l’avons jamais utilisée ! »

Des rencontres ont permis de les faire avancer. L’une est décisive :

« À 5 mois, Sarah ne mangeait pas, ne dormait pas. Elle a dû être hospitalisée au CHR Clemenceau à Caen. C’est là où j’ai fait la connaissance de Bérangère Pioger, la maman d’Honorine. La petite, 7 mois à l’époque, souffre d’une lissencéphalie entraînant aussi des handicaps. »

Une rencontre qui permet d’échanger « des bons plans » et de trouver

« une kiné géniale », « un ophtalmo au top ».

La méthode de l’éducation conductive fait ses preuves

Elle mène surtout à la découverte de la méthode dite d’éducation conductive et à l’ouverture d’un centre spécialisé à Bayeux. Avec leur association « Honorine lève-toi », les parents d’Honorine se sont intéressés à cette méthode, née en Hongrie au milieu du XXe siècle, et qui a diffusé un peu partout dans le monde mais n’est pas reconnue en France.

« L’idée est de stimuler le corps pour que l’information arrive au cerveau afin que l’enfant enregistre ces mouvements. Cela passe part une répétition des exercices jusqu’à l’acquisition d’un mouvement, d’une posture », explique Yves Leroux.

Et pour les parents de Sarah, ça fonctionne : « Combien de fois nous a-t-on dit que Sarah ne marcherait jamais. Aujourd’hui, elle supporte la position debout et nous sommes convaincus qu’elle marchera un jour. »

Lorsque le Centre d’éducation conductive (CEC) ouvre en 2012, dans une ancienne école mise à disposition par la ville de Bayeux, les parents doivent financer l’accueil de leurs enfants. Sans aucune aide. « Cela nous revenait à 1 300 € par mois. » D’où l’idée de créer l’association « Sarah rayonne » il y a dix ans. Elle a permis à Caroline et Yves de mener des actions pour collecte des fonds. Vente de chocolats à Noël, organisation de randonnées, des concerts comme celui de la chorale Cantiris d’Argentan en novembre, ou le repas des chefs à la mairie de Caen sont quelques-unes des opérations menées par l’association.

Depuis 2018, l’Agence régionale de santé (ARS) a donné un agrément au CEC de Bayeux et participe à son financement. « Nous n’avons plus cette somme mensuelle à payer mais nous continuons à collecter des fonds pour financer le matériel, comme un fauteuil roulant, un véhicule spacieux… nécessaires au bien-être de Sarah », souligne le papa.

Si la pérennité du centre est assurée pour quelques années, la question pour les parents de Sarah est son avenir de jeune adulte. « Nous n’accepterons jamais qu’elle entre dans les structures existantes. Elle y perdrait très rapidement tous les bénéfices acquis par l’éducation conductive. » Un autre combat en perspective pour la famille. Elle mènera pour que Sarah rayonne.

le Jean-Christophe LALAY.

Toutes les actualités de l’association sont à retrouver sur le compte Facebook « Association SARAH rayonne ».

:uk: Google translator

Spoiler

Polyhandicap: ten years of struggle for Sarah

For ten years, their association “Sarah rayonne” has enabled Caroline and Yves Leroux to raise funds to best support their daughter with multiple disabilities. Sarah will be 15 in January.

A few days ago, Sarah was standing in the aisles of the Zénith de Caen to applaud one of her idols, the impersonator, Michaël Gregorio. Like a little over a year earlier, when at the Philharmonie de Paris she had come to listen to another of her favorite artists, Mika. The singer greeted the family after the concert.

“Music, and more particularly Mika, does him a world of good,” smiles the mother, Caroline Leroux.

In their house in Saint-Vigor-leGrand, at the gates of Bayeux, Caroline and her husband, Yves, look at the photos of these very precious moments in the middle of their obstacle course.

Off the roads

To help their daughter with multiple disabilities progress, they have to fight every day. Sarah, 15 in January, does not fit into the “boxes” of medicine. Since birth, she has suffered from neuromotor problems whose origin has never been identified.

Despite these serious handicaps, Sarah's parents have always sought to advance their daughter. By finding their solutions, often outside the marked paths. “Little, Sarah was like a very soft doll, describes her mother. The only solution recommended by the doctors was to make a shell to hold it. We have never used it! »

Meetings allowed them to move forward. One is decisive:

“At 5 months, Sarah was not eating or sleeping. She had to be hospitalized at the CHR Clemenceau in Caen. This is where I met Bérangère Pioger, Honorine's mother. The little one, 7 months old at the time, suffered from smoothencephaly, which also led to disabilities. »

A meeting which makes it possible to exchange “good plans” and to find

“a brilliant physiotherapist”, “a top ophthalmologist”.

The conductive education method is proven

Above all, it led to the discovery of the so-called conductive education method and the opening of a specialized center in Bayeux. With their association "Honorine get up", Honorine's parents became interested in this method, born in Hungary in the middle of the 20th century, and which has spread all over the world but is not recognized in France.

“The idea is to stimulate the body so that the information reaches the brain so that the child registers these movements. This involves repeating the exercises until the acquisition of a movement, a posture,” explains Yves Leroux.

And for Sarah's parents, it works: “How many times have we been told that Sarah would never walk. Today, she supports the standing position and we are convinced that she will walk one day. »

When the Conductive Education Center (CEC) opened in 2012, in a former school made available by the city of Bayeux, parents had to finance the reception of their children. Without any help. “It cost us €1,300 per month. Hence the idea of creating the association “Sarah radiates” ten years ago. It allowed Caroline and Yves to carry out fundraising actions. Sale of chocolates at Christmas, organization of hikes, concerts such as that of the Cantiris d'Argentan choir in November, or the meal of the chefs at the town hall of Caen are some of the operations carried out by the association.

Since 2018, the Regional Health Agency (ARS) has granted approval to the Bayeux CEC and participates in its financing. "We no longer have this monthly sum to pay but we continue to raise funds to finance the equipment, such as a wheelchair, a spacious vehicle... necessary for Sarah's well-being", underlines the dad.

If the sustainability of the center is assured for a few years, the question for Sarah's parents is her future as a young adult. “We will never accept that it enters the existing structures. She would very quickly lose all the benefits acquired by conductive education. Another fight in perspective for the family. She will lead for Sarah to shine.

Jean-Christophe LALAY.

All the news of the association can be found on the Facebook account "Association SARAH rayonne".

Ouest_France_2022_12_24.thumb.jpg.090d6bdde88534cb9edb93a6d78993a3.jpg

FACEBOOK

https://www.facebook.com/association.sarah.rayonne/photos/a.359622527740408/1482524278783555/

1818257134_AssociationSARAHRayonne.thumb.jpg.224962c272b864519f478e6a2867586d.jpg

• Like 2

On 12/3/2022 at 9:31 AM, Kumazzz said:

The Good Life - Décembre 2022 - Janvier 2023 (No. 56)

the_good_life_2022_12_2023_01_fr.thumb.jpg.167b11b5273d383a4317470e2fc4181e.jpg

page 298

The_Good_Life_2022_12_2023_01_fr.downmagaz.net-298-299_page-0001.thumb.jpg.cd596b637021c18ba15f49d2ed423a21.jpg

page 299

The_Good_Life_2022_12_2023_01_fr.downmagaz.net-298-299_page-0002.thumb.jpg.d07035f363a51dff03c737d89ae05012.jpg

The_Good_Life_2022_12_2023_01.jpg.3c24299a8b96113e9294b11c465aec62.jpg

They say there's a Spotify playlist by Mika, does anyone have the link to that, please? Seems you can find it by scanning that code, but I don't have Spotify on my phone, only on the desktop.

1 hour ago, mellody said:

They say there's a Spotify playlist by Mika, does anyone have the link to that, please? Seems you can find it by scanning that code, but I don't have Spotify on my phone, only on the desktop.

Here is the Spotify Playlist.

thegoodlifemagazine

Mika x Bang & Olufsen

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/09BNNq7D1ki3EB7tpJuhTr

• Thanks 4

3 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

thegoodlifemagazine

Mika x Bang & Olufsen

Thanks! I can't listen right now, but from the title I know only 2 songs - Can't help falling in love (I suppose it's an Elvis cover) and Groove is in the heart. Much to discover! :biggrin2:

And I noticed he included a song by that Belgian singer from the Xmas photo, Pierre de Maere.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

thegoodlifemagazine

Mika x Bang & Olufsen

Nice list! Groove is in the heart, wow, memories of dancing to this in the sixth form common room. 🤣

8 minutes ago, mellody said:

And I noticed he included a song by that Belgian singer from the Xmas photo, Pierre de Maere.

I saw that. Later that day I looked up a Mika song on YouTube, and scrolling through the suggestions afterwards there was Pierre's video for this song! Coincidence? Freaky gadget spying? Or is Mika working with him, maybe songwriting? 🤔 

Edited by Hero

48 minutes ago, mellody said:

Thanks! I can't listen right now, but from the title I know only 2 songs - Can't help falling in love (I suppose it's an Elvis cover) and Groove is in the heart. Much to discover! :biggrin2:

Yes I noticed too. 

11 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

thegoodlifemagazine

Mika x Bang & Olufsen

Spotify Playlist

thegoodlifemagazine

Mika x Bang & Olufsen

• 1 -  Les histoires d'A. - Les Rita Mitsouko
  • 2 - Feet Don’t Fail Me Now - Joy Crookes
  • 3 - Le Dernier Jour du Disco - Juliette Armane
  • 4 - Whip It - DEVO
  • 5 - Chaise Longue - Wet Leg
  • 6 - Paris - Marc Lavoine & Souad Massi
  • 7 - Breathing - Ben Böhmer, Nils Hoffmann & Malou
  • 8 - Un Jour Je Marierai Un Ange - Pierre de Maere
  • 9 - Run The Credits - Oliver Sim
  • 10 - Mélodrame - Loïc Nottet
  • 11 - Can't Help Falling Love - Beck
  • 12 - Amor - Tim Dup
  • 13 -  Hier encore - Charles Aznavour
  • 14 - Poor Condition - Michael Nau
  • 15 - Kiss Me - Dermot Kennedy
  • 16 - if you got a problem - Joy Oladokun
  • 17 - Groove Is in the Heart - Deee-Lite
  • 18 - This Must Be The Place - Talking Heads

2 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

Spotify Playlist

thegoodlifemagazine

Mika x Bang & Olufsen

• 1 -  Les histoires d'A. - Les Rita Mitsouko
  • 2 - Feet Don’t Fail Me Now - Joy Crookes
  • 3 - Le Dernier Jour du Disco - Juliette Armane
  • 4 - Whip It - DEVO
  • 5 - Chaise Longue - Wet Leg
  • 6 - Paris - Marc Lavoine & Souad Massi
  • 7 - Breathing - Ben Böhmer, Nils Hoffmann & Malou
  • 8 - Un Jour Je Marierai Un Ange - Pierre de Maere
  • 9 - Run The Credits - Oliver Sim
  • 10 - Mélodrame - Loïc Nottet
  • 11 - Can't Help Falling Love - Beck
  • 12 - Amor - Tim Dup
  • 13 -  Hier encore - Charles Aznavour
  • 14 - Poor Condition - Michael Nau
  • 15 - Kiss Me - Dermot Kennedy
  • 16 - if you got a problem - Joy Oladokun
  • 17 - Groove Is in the Heart - Deee-Lite
  • 18 - This Must Be The Place - Talking Heads

Just listened to the previews and looked up the lyrics of those songs... a lot of pretty dark lyrics! "Love stories end badly in general" as the first song, oh well... at least it has a happy sound, that's what we're used to from Mika. :lol3: That song by Pierre de Maere has a similar topic, and I think it was 1-2 other songs as well, kind of like losing faith in love (or at least in human love, as in that angels song). Luckily there's also some positive songs in there - maybe Mika is going through some different moods while working on his album/s. 🙈 And I suppose some of the songs might be in the playlist because they sound particularly good/interesting with a professional sound system, as that's the topic of the article.

Interestingly, I think I've heard "Whip It" before, it sounds somewhat familiar. But besides that one song, even after listening I still only know "Groove is in the heart" (and Can't help falling in love, but didn't know the Beck version).

• Like 1