2023 - Mika @ Brava Madrid Festival, SPAIN, September 22 - REPORTS / VIDS / PICS

Kumazzz

INSTAGRAM

brava_madrid

https://www.instagram.com/p/CxiP2I_Nemu/

Ayer @mikainstagram nos hizo sentir bravas, diosas y reinas 🩷 Supimos lo que era la emoción maravillosa de sentirnos más libres que nunca #BravaMadrid2023 ¡Hoy más amigasss!

• Like 2

It was the first edition of Brava Madrid, so we knew there could be hiccups in the organization. For some fans, tickets and/or bracelets didn’t scan (which is a problem when you’ve been queuing and aim for a barrier spot!). Personally, I unfortunately had a very unpleasant encounter while entering with security staff. I had been queuing and when my ticket and bracelet scanned I sprinted towards the stage about 500 meters away, running past security like the first 30 others. They janked my arm and pushed me back violently while screaming at me in Spanish. While I absolutely agree with security of the artists being highest priority and of course I complied immediately, the violence was quite unnecessary. Especially since I had been singled out and let the others that had ran past them as well, go. 

That was the only nasty encounter though! In the end I miraculously did reach barrier (yes, I am fast) and had a very good spot. 

The rest of the festival was actually amazing. I really enjoyed the line-up for that day. There were two Spanish artists I didn’t know (Vicco and Belen Aguilera), but I enjoyed their set. What added to the atmosphere is that there was a group of girls who were clearly fans and they were super hyped: singing, dancing, jumping…the works! I let them in front of me for the barrier, because they would be gone when Mika would arrive. So it was a win-win for everyone.

Usually at festivals there is a dip in energy between sets. However, they had arranged for in-between entertainment with a pretty good DJ and even a kiss-cam! The last one was really hilarious and it made me even more aware of the huge LGBTQIA+ attendance in the audience. 

The atmosphere was light and fun, no pushing at the barrier and when I looked around people were all smiles, even between strangers. It really is my favourite festival I have been at so far.

In the line up was also Natasha Bedingfield and Mel C, now a very much renowned solo artist, but formerly part of the Spice Girls. Both artists have songs that are young adulthood anthems of mine, so seeing them live was a dream. Natasha Bedingfield with her song “Unwritten” touched an emotional chord with me, I didn’t expect that to happen. It was pure joy to listen to her. 

Both of them are true forces on stage, I thoroughly enjoyed their sets. 

When it was time for Mika to come, there had been a shift in the audience with clearly more Mika fans reaching the front. We were standing behind the VIP standing area. They  were apparently super VIPs with backstage access, so not the same as the VIP tickets that were offered at general sale. Apparently I had been dancing and singing with a Spanish singer/influencer. I only found out because he told me and asked me to tag him in my Instagram story, which I did. Apparently he had sang in Mika’s choir in the past. Now I don’t know if he really sang background or if it was the polka dot choir. Either way it was fun dancing and singing with him!

Mika’s energy was amazing and the crowd really responded warmly to him. The stage was very high though and had a ramp in the middle. Even though he is a tall man, when he was on the other side of the ramp I could only see his curls. Or maybe I am just short, haha! The height of the stage took away a bit of the experience from the people in the front like us, but I understand when you have an event with 20.000 people, you want those in the back to see well as well. 

He started with Origin of Love with the new intro that I absolutely LOVE! He also had a huge flower with him, which he gave to the audience. Well, I am not sure if he ever got that flower back to be honest, it was just passed down from person to person and I never saw it reappear again on stage like previous gigs, haha.

Usually he has different stage lights accompanying him, forming like a frame for him to work in/from. For this stage however he used the backdrop that we know from Coachella and he also used it in Greece. Which pushed him more forward on the ramp. Looking at pictures from the event (taken from afar/a broader perspective) that was a really good choice. 

His set was shorter than usual, since he was only on for 1h15m as opposed to the usual 1.5h, but it still felt like a complete gig with only core songs missing like Lollipop, Tiny Love and Boum Boum Boum. 

He was very chatty and spoke the entire gig in Spanish, with an occasional Spaliano (Spanish-Italian). I only know this since I was with Bea who had to smile about the random Italian words/sentences in there. Since I heard he still spoke some English during the last Spanish festival, I think he really must’ve cranked up his Duolingo usage for this one! 

My personal favourites Overrated and Rain were on the setlist. Gosh do they work well live! And the engagement from the audience was really good, especially from the VIP area. They knew all the songs and sang along. Mika was very pleased to see this and it made our experience better as well, since they were standing right in front of us.

During Underwater he took Karin’s phone, that was fun, especially since he apparently called the emergency number by accident! I think he wanted to film and turn the camera on, but since it isn’t an iPhone he had no idea how to do that, haha. 

When it was over we waited way too long for him to come out, which he eventually didn’t. So after goodbyes and many “see you in March for the new tour, but hopefully sooner!” we all went back to our hotels for some well deserved sleep. 

It being the last gig for a while made me a bit sad, but with a new album and tour coming up in March, we have something really good to look forward to, I’m sure! 

Madrid, you have been good to us! I’m curious to see the photos of the event. They made a LOT of pictures of front row, so we may turn up at some point. Haha. 

• Like 11

On 9/23/2023 at 3:20 PM, Hero said:

Were you able to get water ok, or was it on the expensive wristbands? 

I brought my own water (only a small bottle that they didn't find) but the "cashless wristband" was actually the usual festival wristband with a QR code, there wasn't an extra wristband for that, but you had to charge at least 20 EUR (for example water was for 3 EUR). :doh:

22 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

I brought my own water (only a small bottle that they didn't find) but the "cashless wristband" was actually the usual festival wristband with a QR code, there wasn't an extra wristband for that, but you had to charge at least 20 EUR (for example water was for 3 EUR). :doh:

3 EUR for water?? Good grief. 

Glad the hidden pocket worked! :teehee:

38 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

Good thing you were able to smuggle it in! And 3 euros per bottle.. those are airport prices :facepalm: 

Sorry I missed you! Where were you standing? 

12 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

They janked my arm and pushed me back violently while screaming at me in Spanish ...<snip>... the violence was quite unnecessary. Especially since I had been singled out and let the others that had ran past them as well, go. 

OMG. I'm glad you're ok. That is infuriating, completely unnecessary and possibly racist on their part and potentially dangerous for you. They could have dislocated your shoulder! Are you able to file a complaint? 

In the end I miraculously did reach barrier (yes, I am fast) and had a very good spot. 

:clap:

and even a kiss-cam!

:lmfao:

He also had a huge flower with him, which he gave to the audience. Well, I am not sure if he ever got that flower back to be honest, it was just passed down from person to person and I never saw it reappear again on stage like previous gigs, haha.

Honestly, I'm surprised that's not happened before! It's quite a souvenir. :naughty:

Looking at pictures from the event (taken from afar/a broader perspective) that was a really good choice.

It looks amazing. :lustslow:

the engagement from the audience was really good, especially from the VIP area. They knew all the songs and sang along. Mika was very pleased to see this and it made our experience better as well, since they were standing right in front of us.

That's lovely to hear, it makes a nice change! 

During Underwater he took Karin’s phone, that was fun, especially since he apparently called the emergency number by accident! 

:floor: :facepalm:❤️

When it was over we waited way too long for him to come out, which he eventually didn’t. So after goodbyes and many “see you in March for the new tour, but hopefully sooner!” we all went back to our hotels for some well deserved sleep. 

It being the last gig for a while made me a bit sad, but with a new album and tour coming up in March, we have something really good to look forward to, I’m sure!  

:hug: Yes, lots of good things to come! Thank you for your report Michelle, it's great to share your experience! 

1 hour ago, Hero said:

OMG. I'm glad you're ok. That is infuriating, completely unnecessary and possibly racist on their part and potentially dangerous for you. They could have dislocated your shoulder! Are you able to file a complaint? 

I’m really okay, thank you for your concern! But I won’t file a complaint, never crossed my mind. I guess they were overwhelmed and didn’t expect us running for the barrier. Of course it did leave an impression, but it’s nothing more than that. It’s their first time, I’m sure they will make adjustments for the next edition so it won’t happen again. 

And in the end the festival was really fantastic! So all is good! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hero said:

3 EUR for water?? Good grief. 

Glad the hidden pocket worked! :teehee:

Actually security gave out water bottles (without the cap) for free on request. At least the security guy where I stood gave me one when I asked. Shortly after entering, the security people gave several bottles of water to the first rows without us having to ask for it - maybe after that they got told to do it only on request. I also would've paid 3€ later, I was so thirsty, but at that point of the festival I'd have lost my place if I had left it. Sandy had loaded money on her wristband, she offered to buy me something in the beginning, but later she also couldn't leave her place anymore. And there was someone going around selling drinks... but only beer, and they never got to our corner.

I bought a slice of Pizza before the fist act came on stage, could pay that with cash.

• Like 1

So, my report...

actually, as this is getting so long again, I'm splitting it into several parts, so it's not that much to read at once. :lol3: 🙈 So this is

PART 1, PRE-GIG:

As I had said on the pre-gig thread, I wasn't planning on queueing for too long this time, as the festival organization seemed quite messy already in advance and I didn't expect that people would get inside in order of arrival. Turned out I was right about that - and other things happened that made queueing pretty much obsolete. Anyway, so I did some sightseeing in the morning, which was good, as on the day after the gig I was too tired to do much more sightseeing, although I had time. I had never been to Madrid, and it's an interesting city with many beautiful views and even more beautiful photo motifs. The weather was great, maybe a bit too warm during the day and a bit too cold during the night, but it wasn't super hot or raining, and the blue sky put a perfect background to the sightseeing photos as well as to the festival. Actually the sunset at the festival coloured the clouds in a beautiful pink, as if they wanted to take part in the dresscode "pink power". :lol3: :wub2:

I had planned to arrive at the venue 2-3 hours before the doors opened... and although I arrived only at ca. 14:45 it was fine because the doors only opened about 40 minutes (or even more) after the originally announced time 4pm. I got #59, said hello to everyone, took my place in the queue, and then walked around most of the time, to talk with people and give out some of the paper hearts. At some point a security person said they would open the big gate (there was 1 big one and 2 small ones), so the first 30-40 people of the queue (and some more from the back) crowded around the gate, not much of the original line was left. When more people arrived, luckily most of them joined the back of the line (otherwise the opening of the gates could have gotten really dangerous...), but some just stayed with the little crowd in front of the gate. Also I stayed with my friends, at the back of the small crowd. When the gate finally opened, we had to run through an area of gates, around corners back and forth 3 times, which would have been perfect for forming a queue earlier, but at that point it was just annoying. They scanned the ticket, checked the ID card, and asked whether I had bought any additional things,  like the shuttle bus or the drinks promo. I first was like :blink: because I didn't get why she would bother me with such questions instead of just giving me my wristband, and one "no" wasn't enough for her, but then I just said again "no" and "please just give me my wristband". They clearly weren't prepared, as Michelle already said... Some MFCers (like Bea or Phoebe) even had trouble getting their tickets scanned, so they had to wait ages until the festival people figured that out. :doh: After I got my wristband, I had to scan the chip at some machine, then had my bag searched by security, and then it was time to run again. Not as far as at Isle of Wight, but far enough, up a little hill, and unlike Michelle I'm not fit at all, running has never been my thing, so it took me ages to get to the stage. :dog:

I first went to the right side of the catwalk and stood behind Camille, but quickly noticed that you couldn't see much of the main stage from there. The area was sloped to the side, so the right side was lower than the left one - which meant that from the right side you could only see part of the catwalk and the right side of the stage. Mika's piano would have been hidden. In front of the catwalk it wasn't much better, it was so high that you couldn't see the main stage from the front. And no, that wasn't because the festival was big... I read 20,000 people - at Isle of Wight it was 60,000 and the stage was high too, but still low enough so you could actually see the whole stage. I think the difference was that the main stage was a bit higher than the catwalk at IoW, and of course the area wasn't sloped to the side. So, as a result of these difficulties, several of us kept changing places until we found one that suited us best (it reminded me of an old German children's TV gameshow called "1, 2 oder 3", where the children had to pick the correct answer of 3 by jumping on the right number :naughty:). As Michelle had already said, some people in the front left the frontrow before Mika's show, so most of us ended up frontrow - with a more or less good view. I had a good one in the end, as I had gone to the other side where Michelle, Manuela and Bea were. First behind them in 2nd row (kind of... behind the super VIP area), later in frontrow, next to the catwalk. I only couldn't see the far end of the right side of the stage, but Mika was on the catwalk most of the time, so it didn't matter.

I loved the crowd, all dressed in pink and a large part LGBTQ+ - and that was the really great thing about this festival, that they managed to set up such a huge festival mainly for the LGBTQ+ community and their allies, a tolerant and safe space where you could be whoever you are, without any worries, just lots of love. :wub2: The organization might have been chaotic, but I hope they learned from their mistakes and will do it again, with a better organization the next time, because the general concept of this festival is fantastic. Btw, the 2-day-tickets were sold out in the end (according to their website), only some day tickets were still available in the afternoon.

I already talked about the food & drinks situation in my previous post, Michelle already said that the time between acts was well filled, agree with her on that... so in the next part of my report I'll write about the actual gigs (maybe I'll even get to Mika's already, lol! :roftl: - sorry, I never was good at keeping things short, haha! 🙈). Goodnight for now. :) 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

El Diario

https://www.eldiario.es/madrid/concierto-informe-medico-ultima-ocurrencia-festivales-obligar-comprar-comida_1_10539612.html

24/09/2023

Ir de concierto con informe médico, la última ocurrencia de los festivales para obligar a comprar dentro la comida

Brava, un evento organizado que reunió este fin de semana a grupos como Ojete Calor, Mel C o Ladilla Rusa en el recinto ferial de Madrid, reclama a los asistentes documentos médicos que certifiquen la existencia de intolerancias alimentarias para poder meter comida

Antonio viajó desde Málaga a Madrid para ver a uno de sus ídolos desde que tenía 11 años, Mel C, que actuó la noche del viernes en el festival Brava. No se preparó nada para cenar porque él y sus amigas vieron en la página web que no merecía la pena molestarse: no permiten la entrada con comida salvo que presenten certificado médico que acredite alguna intolerancia alimentaria.

“En la puerta también nos lo confirmaron, y aunque les hemos dicho que es ilegal, dicen que hablemos con la organización, que no nos pueden decir más. Hace poco estuve en el Cala Mijas y nos pasó lo mismo. Lo buscamos y por eso sabemos que no te pueden prohibir llevarte tu comida”, añade este fan de las Spice Girls desde el recinto IFEMA, en la capital, donde se celebra el evento en el que actúan grupos como Ladilla Rusa, Mika, Ojete Calor o Inés Hernand.

A otro grupo de amigos que vienen de distintas partes de España les ha pasado lo mismo. “Como sabes que no te van a dejar meterlo, ya directamente ni lo traes”, cuenta Victoria mientras apura un cubata en la puerta del recinto. “Nos parece fatal, yo por ejemplo soy intolerante a la lactosa y alérgico a muchas cosas y nadie me garantiza que no haya contaminación cruzada en los puestos que hay dentro”, cuenta a su lado Javi, que se ha escondido unas galletas y un plátano con la esperanza de que no se los quiten. “Al final, entre el viaje, la entrada, la bebida, la comida… se te pone carísimo, y eso que este no es de los más caros”, explican.

No es ninguna novedad que los festivales no dejen meter alimentos a su interior, otro peaje que hay que sumar a la cuenta de disfrutar de una oferta musical cada vez más cara. Adquirir el vaso para la bebida, comprar sólo con pulsera cashless, pagar los gastos de gestión para recuperar el dinero no usado… “Son prácticas casi generalizadas y fruto de que, pese a que son ilegales porque vulneran distintas normativas, las administraciones no actúan. Y cuando lo hacen son cuantías ridículas”, cuenta Rubén Sánchez, portavoz de Facua, sobre estas cláusulas abusivas.

Según Sánchez, la solicitud de un informe médico es una vuelta más a las imposiciones de las empresas de espectáculos: “Es el recurso que usan para que no digan que son alérgicos al gluten porque se quieran llevar el bocata de casa. Es un poco: no nos creemos lo que dices así que nos lo tienes que acreditar”.

“Eso implica que no solo se vulnera la ley del consumidor porque no te permitan entrar con comida, también se vulnera la ley de protección de datos por reclamarte esa documentación médica, porque [todo lo relativo a la salud] son datos protegidos. Y eso ya lo sanciona la Agencia Española de Protección de Datos, que contempla multas más elevadas”, añade el portavoz de la asociación de consumidores.

Pedir el certificado o no depende de cada miembro de seguridad, como confirma alguno de los encargados de revisar bolsos y riñoneras en la tarde del sábado. “Algunas personas vienen ya directamente a enseñarte el certificado de celiaco, sin que se lo pidas. Yo personalmente no he pedido ninguno, pero depende de cada uno”, reconoce.

La organizadora de este festival es la empresa valenciana MADRID SALVAJE AIE, que también organiza otro evento con el mismo nombre en el mismo emplazamiento el próximo fin de semana. De nuevo, también estará prohibido el acceso con comida si no es con informe médico, como explican en su web. “Dentro del recinto de conciertos podrás encontrar una gran variedad de puestos de hostelería donde comprar tu comida”. Este periódico ha intentado ponerse en contacto por diversas vías con la organización, sin éxito al cierre de este artículo.

Normalmente, el impedimento del acceso con bebidas del exterior se justificaba por una cuestión de seguridad, ya que los envases podían convertirse en elementos arrojadizos. Pero, como señalan desde Facua, “no constan bocatas bomba en festivales” que excusen esta nueva medida.

Solo en algunas comunidades como Galicia está permitido que los festivales limiten la entrada con alimentos y bebidas del exterior, ya que depende de las normativas de espectáculos públicos de cada región, y Madrid no se encuentra en este grupo. Sin embargo, ni la obligación del uso de 'cashless' ni quedarse con dinero de la pulsera es legal en ninguna comunidad, según la organización, que ha demandado al festival Brava Madrid por todas estas cláusulas abusivas y que se suma a otra treintena de eventos solo durante este verano. “Pero ni se molestan en contestar ni en argumentarlo, simplemente dicen que lo que hacen no es ilegal y ya está”, añade.

Dentro del festival es difícil encontrar algo que llevarse a la boca por menos de 10 euros. Burritos por 12 euros, pizzas por 18, menús del Burger King por 14… “Yo hoy me he traído un bocadillo y unas patatas, pero no sé si me van a hacer tirarlo”, cuenta Marta, de Madrid, mientras espera a sus amigas para entrar al recinto. “Me parece mal que no te dejen meter comida porque no toda la gente se puede permitir pagar lo que cuesta dentro. Y tampoco tienen derecho a pedirte algo sobre tu salud, que es privado”.

Ni siquiera dejan introducir botellas de agua, a pesar de que dentro no hay ninguna fuente, como se quejan varios de los asistentes. “Y cada botella son tres euros”, cuenta un grupo que viene de Bilbao. “Entre comida y bebida nos está saliendo más caro que la entrada. Es todo carísimo, como en todos los festivales, pero es que esto no es el BBK”.

Ya en 2016 la antigua Agencia Española de Consumo, Seguridad Alimentaria y Nutrición (Aecosan) –ahora, la Agencia Española de Seguridad Alimentaria y Nutrición (Aesan)– se pronunció para calificar de “cláusula abusiva” que los cines no permitiesen la entrada de comida del exterior, ya que el consumidor “se ve privado de la prestación principal, de forma injustificada, habiendo abonado la entrada, en base a una limitación impuesta unilateralmente respecto a un servicio accesorio que no ha solicitado, y teniendo en cuenta que la actividad básica de la empresa no es la venta y distribución de comida y bebida”. Un caso que podría extenderse con el mismo argumento a los eventos festivaleros.

De hecho, este verano el Ministerio de Consumo ha anunciado su primer expediente sancionador en la historia a un festival, concretamente al Reggaeton Beach Festival, por esta y otras cláusulas abusivas, “pudiendo los asistentes ser registrados y, en su caso, denegarles la entrada por este motivo”, explicaron en referencia a llevar comida propia. Las sanciones previstas para estas infracciones pueden llegar a considerarse como infracciones graves o muy graves, y sancionarse con multas de entre 10.001 y 100.000 euros, en el caso de las graves, y entre 100.001 y 1.000.000 de euros, en el caso de las muy graves.

:uk: Google translator

Spoiler

Going to a concert with a medical report, the latest occurrence of festivals to force you to buy food inside

Brava, an organized event that brought together groups such as Ojete Calor, Mel C or Ladilla Rusa at the Madrid fairgrounds this weekend, requires attendees to have medical documents certifying the existence of food intolerances in order to be able to bring food.

Antonio traveled from Malaga to Madrid to see one of his idols since he was 11 years old, Mel C, who performed on Friday night at the Brava festival. Nothing was prepared for dinner because he and his friends saw on the website that it was not worth bothering: they do not allow entry with food unless they present a medical certificate proving a food intolerance.

“They also confirmed it to us at the door, and although we have told them that it is illegal, they say that we should talk to the organization, that they cannot tell us more. I was recently at Cala Mijas and the same thing happened to us. We look for it and that's why we know that they can't prohibit you from taking your food," adds this Spice Girls fan from the IFEMA venue, in the capital, where the event is held, in which groups such as Ladilla Rusa, Mika, Ojete Calor perform. or Inés Hernand.

The same thing has happened to another group of friends who come from different parts of Spain. “Since you know they're not going to let you bring it in, you don't even bring it in,” says Victoria while she drinks a cigar at the door of the venue. “It seems terrible to us, for example I am lactose intolerant and allergic to many things and no one guarantees me that there is no cross contamination in the stalls inside,” says Javi, who has hidden some cookies and a banana at his side. hoping they don't take them away. “In the end, between the trip, the entrance, the drink, the food… it gets very expensive, and this is not one of the most expensive,” they explain.

It is nothing new that festivals do not allow food to be brought inside, another toll that must be added to the bill of enjoying an increasingly expensive musical offering. Purchasing the glass for the drink, buying only with a cashless bracelet, paying the management fees to recover the unused money... “These are almost generalized practices and the result of the fact that, although they are illegal because they violate different regulations, the administrations do not act. And when they do it, they are ridiculous amounts,” says Rubén Sánchez, spokesperson for Facua, about these abusive clauses.

According to Sánchez, the request for a medical report is yet another return to the impositions of entertainment companies: “It is the resource they use so that they do not say that they are allergic to gluten because they want to take the sandwich from home. It's a bit: we don't believe what you say so you have to credit it to us."

“This implies that not only is consumer law violated because they do not allow you to enter with food, the data protection law is also violated for demanding that medical documentation, because [everything related to health] is protected data. And that is already sanctioned by the Spanish Data Protection Agency, which contemplates higher fines,” adds the spokesperson for the consumer association.

Whether or not to ask for the certificate depends on each security member, as confirmed by one of those in charge of checking bags and fanny packs on Saturday afternoon. “Some people come directly to show you the celiac certificate, without you asking them. I personally have not asked for any, but it depends on each person,” he acknowledges.

The organizer of this festival is the Valencian company MADRID SALVAJE AIE, which also organizes another event with the same name in the same location next weekend. Again, access with food will also be prohibited if it is not with a medical report, as explained on their website. “Within the concert venue you can find a wide variety of hospitality stalls where you can buy your food.” This newspaper has tried to contact the organization in various ways, without success at the time of writing this article.

Normally, preventing access with drinks from outside was justified by a security issue, since the containers could become thrown objects. But, as Facua points out, “there are no bomb sandwiches at festivals” that excuse this new measure.

Only in some communities such as Galicia are festivals allowed to limit entry with food and drinks from outside, since it depends on the public entertainment regulations of each region, and Madrid is not in this group. However, neither the obligation to use cashless nor keeping money from the bracelet is legal in any community, according to the organization, which has sued the Brava Madrid festival for all these abusive clauses and which joins thirty other events. only during this summer. “But they don't even bother to answer or argue it, they simply say that what they do is not illegal and that's it,” he adds.

Within the festival it is difficult to find something to eat for less than 10 euros. Burritos for 12 euros, pizzas for 18, Burger King menus for 14… “Today I brought a sandwich and some potatoes, but I don't know if they are going to make me throw it away,” says Marta, from Madrid, while waiting for her friends. to enter the premises. “It seems bad to me that they don't let you bring food because not all people can afford to pay what it costs inside. And they also do not have the right to ask you for anything about your health, which is private.”

They don't even allow bottles of water to be brought in, even though there is no fountain inside, as several attendees complain. “And each bottle is three euros,” says a group that comes from Bilbao. “Between food and drink, it is costing us more than the entrance fee. Everything is very expensive, like in all festivals, but this is not the BBK.”

Already in 2016, the former Spanish Agency for Consumer Affairs, Food Safety and Nutrition (Aecosan) – now, the Spanish Agency for Food Safety and Nutrition (Aesan) – spoke out to describe as an “abusive clause” that cinemas did not allow the entry of food. from abroad, since the consumer "is deprived of the main service, unjustifiably, having paid the entrance fee, based on a unilaterally imposed limitation regarding an accessory service that has not been requested, and taking into account that the basic activity of the company is not the sale and distribution of food and beverages.” A case that could be extended with the same argument to festival events.

In fact, this summer the Ministry of Consumer Affairs has announced its first sanctioning file in history against a festival, specifically the Reggaeton Beach Festival, for this and other abusive clauses, “and attendees may be searched and, where appropriate, denied entry.” for this reason,” they explained in reference to bringing their own food. The sanctions provided for these infractions can be considered serious or very serious infractions, and may be punished with fines of between 10,001 and 100,000 euros, in the case of serious ones, and between 100,001 and 1,000,000 euros, in the case of serious ones. very serious.

Control de seguridad a la entrada del Brava Fest en Madrid

7d841458-d36c-4860-9500-dd687d0c4463_16-9-discover-aspect-ratio_default_0.thumb.webp.1167b0e03fab8601cfd58b9f08753ded.webp

24d727ed-91ca-4ff7-925b-2f77bcebc5bf_16-9-aspect-ratio_default_0.thumb.webp.ddf23fc6f1ef40ca197d0fe18efdf21f.webp

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

Within the festival it is difficult to find something to eat for less than 10 euros. Burritos for 12 euros, pizzas for 18

My big slice of Pizza was something around 5€ iirc, so I don't know where they have those prices from. :dunno: Sure, it's not great that you can't bring food, but it's usual practice at most gigs and festivals. What I agree with is the thing about water, as I said before. You can eat something before going to the festival, so you won't starve ... and smuggling in a little snack usually isn't a problem either. But you'll need water, without all the hassle of loading 20€ on your wristband. And the fact that security gave out water to the front rows wasn't communicated - maybe it wasn't even official but just security people being nice, I don't know.

• Like 1

Thank you the photos and videos!

Sadly, to me the sound is much better in the videos than it was in live. I didn't queue for hours and was fine with not being all the way in the front but the sound arrangements were terrible and I was surrounded by tons of people yelling to each other in Spanish so I couldn't hear anything so I decided to go all the way in the back where I kinda heard the music :sad:

I'm happy I'm going to the concert in Marseille and now I really want to buy tickets for Luxembourg and Dublin to make it up! 

• Sad 2

On 9/24/2023 at 5:31 PM, holdingyourdrink said:

Good thing you were able to smuggle it in! And 3 euros per bottle.. those are airport prices :facepalm: 

Sorry I missed you! Where were you standing? 

We were standing near the left corner of the catwalk. It was a very good spot as we could see both the catwalk and the piano on the left side. And Mika walked by when he was returning to the podium singing Big Girl. :lol:

I will write a report later. :original:

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

We were standing near the left corner of the catwalk. It was a very good spot as we could see both the catwalk and the piano on the left side. And Mika walked by when he was returning to the podium singing Big Girl. :lol:

I will write a report later. :original:

I was in the corner towards the piano not far away from you! We were also on that side of the catwalk. Right behind the VIP section. 

Can’t wait to read your report! 

Part 2 of my report, I'll see how far I'll get before I'm off to work...

REPORT PART 2: THE OTHER ACTS

So, the set started with a young female Spanish artist called Vicco. From the name I'd have thought it was a guy, but in fact Mika was the only male star on the main stage that day (apart from the interval acts - and not sure what the act was that performed after him, I didn't pay attention :lol:). The young singer was entertaining and apparently had some fans in the crowd, who sang along to all her lyrics. Next up was Natasha Bedingfield, I had been looking forward to her performance because I know some of her songs - and wow, she certainly didn't disappoint! She played a rock version of "Soulmate", which was a nice change to the original ballad and she made a lot of contact with the crowd - and wow, her voice is incredible!! I always love it when a singer I like is also an amazing live performer, that adds so much to the experience!

Then there was another Spanish female singer called Belen Aguilera, and while she had some super fans in the crowd, she wasn't really my cup of tea. That was the only time of the day which felt to me like it dragged on far too long. I was still in 2nd row, in the corner of the barrier, and had put on my jacket with the big white flower because at that point it wasn't safe anymore to leave it hanging over the barrier without worrying about damage, and also it had started to become a little colder, as the sun was setting. The flower might look nice, but it's completely in the way all the time! :aah: Especially if you're not frontrow, with space in front of you. So I spent this performance trying to keep my flower safe from the jumping people around me, maybe that was another reason why I didn't enjoy this part much. But afterwards, several people around us left the front row, so I secured a spot there - which gave me a lot more space for Mel C's performance! I'm a teen of the 90s, so of course I also was a bit of a Spice Girls fan back then, and knew not only the Spice Girls songs Mel C sang, but also a lot of her solo stuff. Really enjoyed that performance... and at some point Michelle, who was next to me, told me that Mika was standing in the back, watching her set! :wub2: I had been wondering, in fact, whether he would be watching, because he had said at some point that he loves the Spice Girls. :biggrin2: So it was nice to see that he was enjoying it too!

The only little downside was that right in front of us there was a special VIP area, not for the VIP tickets you could buy but for some super VIPs who also got to go backstage - some of them surely friends & family of the artists, but also some other people who were more important to the festival organizers than those who had bought tickets. Anyway, the area didn't bother me much, the stage was very high anyway, but what bothered me was that those people kept smoking one cigarette after another right in front of me. I know it's always a risk at open air gigs to have someone next to you who is smoking, but I just don't find it very nice of the VIP's to bother the ones who bought tickets, if they already get the opportunity to stand in front of us without having to queue. Anyway, for Mika's gig I got a spot next to the catwalk, so there I was far enough away from them and there was no downside to THAT experience! :wub2:

And in fact I have to leave for work now, so there'll be at least a part 3, haha! Sorry for still not getting to the interesting point.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1