2024 - Mika @ Rockhal Esch-sur-Alzette, Luxembourg - 26 March REPORTS / VIDS / PICS

Kumazzz

Luxembourg !!!

We are looking forward to hearing all your experiences !!

SETLIST by @Juless

1. Bougez
  2. Apocalypse Calypso
  3. Talk About You
  4. Sweetie banana
  5. Feels Like Fire
  6. Underwater
  7. Relax (Take It Easy)
  8. Yo Yo
  9. Jane Birkin
  10. Moi, Andy et Paris
  11. Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)
  12. Elle me dit
  13. Billy Brown
  14. Grace Kelly
  15. C'est la Vie
  16. Happy Ending
  17. Love Today
  18. Any Other World
  19. We Are Golden

VIDEOS

@carafon  Billy Brown and Apocalypse Calypso

REPORTS

@Presci1108 4297538

PRESS

L'essentiel

RTL Today Luxenberg

Edited by Kumazzz
update

Here is the point of view from the (very busy ) emergency exit. 

Not the best spot for good pictures , but the sound was better than anywhere else. 

BTW, I don't know if the equipment or the sound's ingenior have changed...... but I (and many people) feel like the sound 's quality is not as good as it used to be :dunno:

IMG_20240327_092104.jpg

Edited by carafon
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, krysady said:

@carafon It is true that he didn't sing 30 Secondes? 

Yes it is 

We had Billy Brown instead

I guess he's adjusting the playlist for no Francophon audiences

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, carafon said:

Yes it is 

We had Billy Brown instead

I guess he's adjusting the playlist for no Francophon audiences

This is very sad, 30 Secondes was one of the most beautiful moments during the shows :sad:  

And Luxemburg it is very francophone, one of their official language it's French.

• Like 1

PRESS

Publié26. mars 2024

Mika a servi un cocktail survitaminé à la Rockhal

ESCH-BELVAL - Le chanteur britannique a enflammé la salle eschoise, mardi soir.

Après avoir fait vibrer la veille l’Accor Hotel Arena à Paris, c’est un Mika gonflé à bloc qui s’est présenté à la Rockhal, mardi soir, dans le cadre de son Apocalypse Calypso Tour. «Bougez»: le premier titre annonce la couleur, les spectateurs sont prévenus, ils vont perdre quelques calories et s’enfiler un bon bol de vitamines sonores et visuelles. La salle eschoise va rapidement se gorger d’endorphines.

«Talk about you» embarque tout le monde, les hanches se balancent sur «Sweetie banana» puis «Feels like fire» et tout le monde plonge sur «Underwater» puis explose sur l’intemporel «Relax, (take it easy)» avant de se déchaîner sur «Big Girl (you are beautiful)» et «Elle me dit».

Le public ne peut reprendre son souffle, voilà «Billy Brown» puis «Grace Kelly» qui a catapulté Michael Holbrook Penniman Jr., dit Mika, au sommet des charts en 2007. Nourri par l’énergie d’un public visiblement ravi d’avoir rangé au placard tous ses soucis le temps d’une soirée, Mika occupe le moindre centimètre carré de l'avant-scène. «Parce que c'est ça la vie», s'époumone-t-il, avant de proposer une «Happy ending». Il finit en apothéose avec «Love today» et «Any other World» avant de crier à la face du monde «We are golden». Un refrain que chacun a sans doute entonné dans sa voiture en rentrant. Les soucis attendront encore un peu.

Google translator

Spoiler

Mika served a supercharged cocktail at the Rockhal

ESCH-BELVAL - The British singer ignited the room in Esch on Tuesday evening.

After rocking the Accor Hotel Arena in Paris the day before, a pumped-up Mika showed up at the Rockhal on Tuesday evening as part of his Apocalypse Calypso Tour. “Move”: the first title sets the tone, spectators are warned, they are going to lose a few calories and get a good dose of sound and visual vitamins. The Eschoise room will quickly fill with endorphins.

“Talk about you” gets everyone on board, the hips sway to “Sweetie banana” then “Feels like fire” and everyone dives into “Underwater” then explodes on the timeless “Relax, (take it easy)” before to unleash on “Big Girl (you are beautiful)” and “Elle me dit”.

The public cannot catch their breath, here is “Billy Brown” then “Grace Kelly” which catapulted Michael Holbrook Penniman Jr., known as Mika, to the top of the charts in 2007. Nourished by the energy of a public visibly delighted to having put all his worries away for an evening, Mika occupies every square inch of the front stage. “Because that’s life,” he shouts, before proposing a “Happy ending”. He ends in apotheosis with “Love today” and “Any other World” before shouting to the world “We are golden”. A refrain that everyone has undoubtedly sung in their car on the way home. The worries will wait a little longer.

fd0e176d-f5c4-4714-9768-8e26d61f824d.thumb.jpeg.fa766bc529bcfbd2f334d796c88285b3.jpeg

631a03ad-73e7-47d0-957a-0b2f515915e8.thumb.jpeg.3e09558aaacd7cf2482a78898994e304.jpeg

9e7a4b36-28c6-41dc-968c-d1f1e02fb07e.thumb.jpeg.e0dea70b3fabe28fdd64fbd8478d6bda.jpeg

• Like 2

PRESS

L'essentiel

Page 1

Musique 22

Mika a délivré un concert plein d'énergie à la Rockhal

Page_1_Lessentiel_2024-03-27_page-1.jpg.a93493b0dab5eddf93342c78541719a2.jpg

Page_1_Lessentiel_2024-03-27_page-0001.thumb.jpg.1f88fa5926ade18bccc6e169314910e5.jpg

Page 22

Mika a servi une cure de vitamines

ESCH-BELVAL Le chanteur a enflammé la Rockhal hier.

C’est un Mika gonflé à bloc qui s’est présenté à la Rockhal hier soir dans le cadre de son Apocalypse Calypso Tour. «Bougez»: le premier titre du concert annonce la couleur, les spectateurs sont prévenus, ils vont perdre quelques ca lories et s’enfiler un bon bol de vitamines sonores et visuelles. La salle eschoise va très rapidement se gorger d’endorphines.

«Talk aboutyou»embar que tout le monde, les hanches se balancent sur «Sweetie banana», puis «Feels like fire», et tout le monde plonge «Underwater», puis ex plose sur l’intemporel «Relax (take it easy)»,avantde se déchaîner sur «Big Girl (you are beautiful)» et«Elle me dit».

Le public ne peut reprendre son souffle, voilà «Billy Brown» puis «Grace Kelly», qui a catapulté Michael Hol brook Penniman Jr., dit Mika, ausommetdeschartsen2007. Nourri par l’énergie d’un pu blic visiblement ravi d’avoir rangé au placard tous ses sou cis le temps d’une soirée, Mika occupe le moindre centimètre carrédel’avant-scène.

«Parce que c’est ça la vie», s’époumone-t-il avant de pro poser un «Happy ending». Il revient, interprète «Any Other World»,avantdecrieràlaface du monde: «We are golden!». Un refrain que chacun a sans doute beuglé dans sa voiture en rentrant. Les soucis atten drontencoreunpeu.

Google translator

Spoiler

Mika served a vitamin cure

ESCH-BELVAL The singer set the Rockhal on fire yesterday.

A pumped-up Mika showed up at the Rockhal last night as part of his Apocalypse Calypso Tour. “Move”: the first title of the concert sets the tone, spectators are warned, they will lose a few calories and get a good dose of sound and visual vitamins. The Eschoise room will very quickly be filled with endorphins.

“Talk about you” gets everyone involved, hips sway to “Sweetie banana”, then “Feels like fire”, and everyone dives into “Underwater”, then explodes on the timeless “Relax (take it easy) ”, before unleashing on “Big Girl (you are beautiful)” and “Elle me Dit”.

The public can't catch their breath, here comes "Billy Brown" then "Grace Kelly", who catapulted Michael Holbrook Penniman Jr., known as Mika, to the summit of the charts in 2007. Nourished by the energy of an audience visibly delighted to have put all their worries away for an evening, Mika occupies every square centimeter of the front stage.

“Because that’s life,” he shouts before proposing a “Happy ending”. He returns, performs “Any Other World”, before shouting to the world: “We are golden!”. A refrain that everyone has undoubtedly bellowed in their car on the way home. The expected worries will last a little longer.

Pages_22_23_Lessentiel_2024-03-27_page-22.thumb.jpg.845874db3f4b3df54bebdd84e190d594.jpg

Pages_22_23_Lessentiel_2024-03-27_page-0001.thumb.jpg.bc73ce23907e650eca471b27a7454b76.jpg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kumazzz said:

PRESS

Publié26. mars 2024

Mika a servi un cocktail survitaminé à la Rockhal

ESCH-BELVAL - Le chanteur britannique a enflammé la salle eschoise, mardi soir.

Après avoir fait vibrer la veille l’Accor Hotel Arena à Paris, c’est un Mika gonflé à bloc qui s’est présenté à la Rockhal, mardi soir, dans le cadre de son Apocalypse Calypso Tour. «Bougez»: le premier titre annonce la couleur, les spectateurs sont prévenus, ils vont perdre quelques calories et s’enfiler un bon bol de vitamines sonores et visuelles. La salle eschoise va rapidement se gorger d’endorphines.

«Talk about you» embarque tout le monde, les hanches se balancent sur «Sweetie banana» puis «Feels like fire» et tout le monde plonge sur «Underwater» puis explose sur l’intemporel «Relax, (take it easy)» avant de se déchaîner sur «Big Girl (you are beautiful)» et «Elle me dit».

Le public ne peut reprendre son souffle, voilà «Billy Brown» puis «Grace Kelly» qui a catapulté Michael Holbrook Penniman Jr., dit Mika, au sommet des charts en 2007. Nourri par l’énergie d’un public visiblement ravi d’avoir rangé au placard tous ses soucis le temps d’une soirée, Mika occupe le moindre centimètre carré de l'avant-scène. «Parce que c'est ça la vie», s'époumone-t-il, avant de proposer une «Happy ending». Il finit en apothéose avec «Love today» et «Any other World» avant de crier à la face du monde «We are golden». Un refrain que chacun a sans doute entonné dans sa voiture en rentrant. Les soucis attendront encore un peu.

Google translator

Reveal hidden contents

fd0e176d-f5c4-4714-9768-8e26d61f824d.thumb.jpeg.fa766bc529bcfbd2f334d796c88285b3.jpeg

631a03ad-73e7-47d0-957a-0b2f515915e8.thumb.jpeg.3e09558aaacd7cf2482a78898994e304.jpeg

9e7a4b36-28c6-41dc-968c-d1f1e02fb07e.thumb.jpeg.e0dea70b3fabe28fdd64fbd8478d6bda.jpeg

There's another pic on the front page of the (free) paper:

20240327_114705.jpg

Yes, I also was sad that he skipped 30 Secondes for Billy Brown. I mean, I expected him to do BB at the London show, as it was so well received there the last time... but 30 Secondes was my fave of the French songs he played, very sad to think that I might not hear it live again. :tears:

They also rehearsed Popular Song and Lollipop at the soundcheck ... 2 more songs that I've heard live often enough and don't miss at all. 🙈

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, krysady said:

This is very sad, 30 Secondes was one of the most beautiful moments during the shows :sad:  

And Luxemburg it is very francophone, one of their official language it's French.

I suppose he'll cut more than one french song in Amsterdam , Berlin and UK. 

Could be that he's testing step by step (or song by song) in multilinguage countries  ?

So let's see what the setlist will be in Geneva and Bruxelles :wink2:

16 minutes ago, mellody said:

Yes, I also was sad that he skipped 30 Secondes for Billy Brown. I mean, I expected him to do BB at the London show, as it was so well received there the last time... but 30 Secondes was my fave of the French songs he played, very sad to think that I might not hear it live again. :tears:

They also rehearsed Popular Song and Lollipop at the soundcheck ... 2 more songs that I've heard live often enough and don't miss at all. 🙈

I guess he'll keep "bougez" , "Apocalypse calypso" and "C'est la vie" for the end of the tour.

I easily can imagine that he could sing lollipop instead of "sweety banana" :naughty:

Edited by carafon
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

PRESS

RTL Today Luxenberg

https://today.rtl.lu/culture/music/a/2181658.html

Mika dazzles Rockhal

Dancing, singing and jumping for joy

Last night, the Rockhal was alive as Mika brought music, art and shiny lights to Luxembourg.

As a fan since 2007 from back when I was a music-obsessed teenager and heard Grace Kelly for the first time, I still listen to Mika whenever I need a poppy pick-me-up. Nothing will clear up the gray skies of Luxembourg faster than the high-pitched vocals of Mika. So while my journalistic credibility may be somewhat skewed, Mika’s concert at Rockhal was a show to be remembered.

I was shocked to see Rockhal completely packed as soon as the doors opened at 19:00. The crowd was composed of people young and old - even leaning a little more towards the older end. I couldn’t help but wonder why. Was it Mika’s star-lit past as a judge on France’s The Voice or Italy’s X Factor? Who knows. But no matter the age, the concert-goers were decked out in their most colorful and shiny garb to come watch the LGBTQ icon.

The show opened with SYREETA. This DJ played some groovy beats under a (potentially seizure-inducing) light show. While initially she managed to get the crowd moving, the movement decreased to some casual head bobs as the crowd anxiously anticipated the main event.

Between shows while the crew set up for Mika, the crowd was left staring at the colorful backdrop of a person with a wide open mouth. Was Mika going to come out from the mouth? Or perhaps from one of the eyes? In an unexpected move, ethereal music played as light shone through the eyes of the backdrop, curtains opening up to reveal a cage containing the most glorious firebird we’ve ever seen - MIKA.

While listening through his sixth album that inspired this tour, Que ta tête fleurisse toujours, it was clear to me that the song Bougez was made to open concerts. Admittedly, I didn’t particularly like the song. That was until Mika spread open his wings dancing in front of a backdrop of lightning. Turns out, I love the song. And it was the perfect way to launch the audience into the high energy of the whole concert.

But seriously. At 40 years old, Mika was running and leaping across the stage throughout the entire show. At 30 years old, I barely survived the excitement coursing through my body during the show… it’s really making me take a hard look at my workout regimen, but that’s a different story.

The digital backgrounds demonstrated an array of bright captivating animations - sometimes depicting a collage-like mixture of retro imagery with space and other times graphic, cartoony patterns. No matter the background, it was paired with expertly-placed lighting to pull in the audience (making me grateful at Rockhal’s ability to equip whatever illustrious set design comes their way). During Underwater the audience was taken deep into the sea, and during Big Girls (You Are Beautiful), Queen Big (who reminded us she is not to be confused with Queen Bee) spoke to us directly while transporting the audience to the Butterfly Lounge.

It was during Big Girls (You Are Beautiful) that Mika surprised us all by jumping into the crowd and dancing directly with his fans. Did he walk right next to me? He did. Did I freak out? Yes. Luckily for all of us, only the people next to me at the concert have access to the sounds that came out of my mouth as my star-stunned brain shut down in the presence of one of my favorite musicians.

The only thing more dazzling than the backdrops were Mika’s outfits (which were clearly paired thoughtfully with each of the backgrounds). Let’s not forget, he pulled off a red suit with gigantic WINGS at the beginning of the show. Although Mika wore a line-up of radiant suits that could make RuPaul jealous, my favorite outfit was a silver reflective sparkling suit with a matching shirt and tie that turned him into a human disco ball.

Mika clearly showed off his skills in changing in and out of outfits quickly, but he also demonstrated he can change in and out of languages just as fast. He switched from English to Italian and even a second of Polish, but ultimately he concentrated on French. And how I wish my B1 skills were good enough to understand the nuances of the French language, so I might have been able to comprehend all of the charismatic anecdotes Mika shared with the crowd. But here are some of the bits I did get…

As he played one of the oldies, Billy Brown, he shared how he wrote that song and performed it for his family as a way of coming out as a gay man. As a shy and timid person growing up, the piano brought him happiness by letting him express anything he couldn’t figure out how to say out loud.

During Elle Me Dit, he also painted a picture many people can relate to, shopping in the grocery store, placing the right balance of junk food and vegetables into your cart, sometimes you catch a glimpse of yourself in the mirror and realise how serious you look - and how serious life can be. So what’s the answer? DANCE. Of course dancing in this situation metaphorically representing making the most of life and choosing joy.

The show ended, but luckily we didn’t have to wait too long for the encore. Mika again astonished his fans by descending from the heavens (otherwise known as the ceiling of Rockhal) standing on top of a “Club Apocalypso” lit-up sign. The crowd sang out his latest hit, C'est la Vie. Ending the show with the curtain closing, only to have Mika and his crew come back out for one last bow. This act felt like there was an understanding that this concert was more than just music, but a theatrical performance from a true entertainer.

Was the show extra? Absolutely. Was it incredible? Yes. Here’s to dancing through the seriousness of life and to concerts in Luxembourg that help us do just that.

KACHINGA!

RTL_today-cestlavie.thumb.jpeg.3ae3ed62319e67c8d5ab92bb8595f699.jpeg

RTL_today.thumb.jpeg.4084d57127f58e44f34ccb76fb8826f1.jpeg

RTL_Mika@Rockhal(26.3(19).thumb.jpeg.7cf958e7dacac5752d0a7638de9046d4.jpeg

RTL_Mika@Rockhal(26.3(6).thumb.jpeg.1712d11690c6c2461e48e3f077ffac50.jpeg

RTL_Mika@Rockhal(26.3(3).thumb.jpeg.6fe38434bf6d564d9ed0557dfea4d841.jpeg

RTL_Mika@Rockhal(26.3(4).thumb.jpeg.816cbb428d7197ee57c590bf2ebe9ec9.jpeg

RTL_Mika@Rockhal(26.3(5).thumb.jpeg.253fe889955a0f480bc41755b97d000c.jpeg

RTL_Mika@Rockhal(26.3(1).thumb.jpeg.ae64eb0d7efc6fa12749f224438d92c7.jpeg

RTL_Mika@Rockhal(26.3(7).thumb.jpeg.c13d096b76ee792c370eb2f81628408f.jpeg

RTL_Mika@Rockhal(26.3(11).thumb.jpeg.33f7204e66033263e703d867f7e2b950.jpeg

RTL_Mika@Rockhal(26.3(15).thumb.jpeg.3434ab18b557c46f45020d7547b34cda.jpeg

RTL_Mika@Rockhal(26.3(16).thumb.jpeg.2cedb7a9e4d8c921432dc0c4ffd5296e.jpeg

RTL_Mika@Rockhal(26.3(8).thumb.jpeg.c663ea6d60e458f98f1ccdc142139caf.jpeg

RTL_Mika@Rockhal(26.3(9).thumb.jpeg.6ecb6f3806ecd85d844846d753e77185.jpeg

RTL_Mika@Rockhal(26.3(10).thumb.jpeg.898e09918c158e9ed0ce134491b6f9c4.jpeg

RTL_Mika@Rockhal(26.3(12).thumb.jpeg.97ff59e2deb03bb8825dcf23bbec5efa.jpeg

RTL_Mika@Rockhal(26.3(13).thumb.jpeg.822958e7ca54e12e1f8d1486114f0d15.jpeg

RTL_Mika@Rockhal(26.3(14).thumb.jpeg.652f0a865b469d7a9cc0026ffa2e3db4.jpeg

RTL_Mika@Rockhal(26.3(17).thumb.jpeg.a69296f6b6389cb194fc0a7d7d542b34.jpeg

RTL_Mika@Rockhal(26.3(18).thumb.jpeg.f5322bda02ebae1d2ec027b05da43b7e.jpeg

RTL_Mika@Rockhal(26.3(2).thumb.jpeg.df20226dab95dd216ff9423eafe72012.jpeg

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, clement63 said:

Bonjour c'c'est quoi la setlist du concert 

Mika @ Rockhal Esch-sur-Alzette setlist seems to be this one :

1. Bougez
  2. Apocalypse Calypso
  3. Talk About You
  4. Sweetie banana
  5. Feels Like Fire
  6. Underwater
  7. Relax (Take It Easy)
  8. Yo Yo
  9. Jane Birkin
  10. Moi, Andy et Paris
  11. Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)
  12. Elle me dit
  13. Billy Brown
  14. Grace Kelly
  15. C'est la Vie
  16. Happy Ending
  17. Love Today
  18. Any Other World
  19. We Are Golden
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, mellody said:

There's another pic on the front page of the (free) paper:

20240327_114705.jpg

Would it do any good to have signs saying, "Please sing "30 Secondes"? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, krysady said:

He could have cut EMD or Banana,

Yeah, I would have also loved he to cut Banana and not 30 secondes that I love so much, but for EMD, it's probably nearly impossible since the song was one of his greatest hits in France (or even the biggest ? I don't remember, I'm not really a big fan of EMD actually) so people probably really waits for it...

And he  can still suprises you for the next gigs, even years after... like he made when talk about you came back, or included feels like fire in the setlist althrough it's totally unknown...

That said, even if I regret a little the absence of this song yesterday, at least I had it before, so I will not complain. Especially since yesterday gig was absolutely great. I left with tears in the eyes, something that didn't happen to me since years, I don't know what happened exactly, but there was some magic in the air, and I will try to make a report that will express it the best I can in a further post...

Edited by Presci1108

3 minutes ago, Presci1108 said:

I left with tears in the eyes, something that didn't happen to me since years, I don't know what happened exactly, but there was some magic in the air

I'm glad that you had such a great time, in general his gigs are magical in a way or another, he has this superpower. Waiting for your report :thumb_yello:

Here is one of my famous gig reports... I'm kidding :lol3:  But I have a very serious question to ask to the people who're making 5, 10 gig in one tour... How do you survive when it's finished ? No, because the more I go and the more I'm depressed after.  :tears:

Obviously, that was very good to see the show as Mika wasn't ill, very good to return in the standing area and at the first row, and very good to be there again and appreciate the fact I was here, simply. Each gig is a victory for me, so being able to make the three I planned, was indeed a big victory, and I guess it played a role in the intensity of this evening for me. But the biggest part was Mika himself of course... 

It didn't start well. First, problems in the road between some traffic jams and difficulties to organise the departure with my brother's work resulting in a 30 mn delay on what was planned. Then, difficulties with numbers with the usual mess/complaining people. My luck being what it is, I managed to fall with a security checker who was extremely long and the time she agreed to let us pass, 10 or 15 people passed us by in the other lines, and only because we started to complain. Result, I lost at least 15  places in regard to my number and was way more on the side that I should have been. And finally, the realisation the sound of the venue wasn't at all what I remembered it was (but what happened ? :shocked: ) So, yes, before the concert started, I was moderately pissed off, and I had difficulties to enter in the ambiance. I felt only fatigue, stress and some vague murder desire  :lol3:  Fortunately, the view was great, I was fortunately still at first row, I wasn't too much on the side either, and... well, it was a good place anyway, so I quickly felt better on that regard. I always saw Mika, after all, so all was well, and he often came by us anyway. 

I still adore the introduction with "Bougez". Knowing it was the last time, I took a big glimpse of it, trying to engrave in my memories the most subtle detail of the big cage, our favorite fire bird, and more generally the intense feeling of relief I usually feel when Mika comes on the stage. This instant where all the stress, all the eventual deceptions, all the muscular pain disappear, is not unique to this tour, but what I find particulary beautiful is that moment makes some echo with the freeing of Mika, and that's like if we all are freed at the same time, him from his cage, and us, from our little or bigger problems. At that moment, his magic starts and it never let me until the end. ^_^ 

Of course, having see this show only when Mika was ill, the difference was obvious. He could be, and therefore was, really at his best. He told us he loved this venue very much because there wasn't sitting areas, and especially this time. He told in Paris, the fact it was filmed was a little stressful for him, the musicians and the crew, and so, at the Rockhal, he wanted to enjoy himself, dance and see us dancing, and it showed. He didn't stop to laugh and tell funny anecdotes between the songs. He said at the beginning he wanted to make Luxembourg first and then Paris, because of the fact it was filmed and therefore asked him a lot, but finally, it was better that way because we gave him energy again ("la pêche", french expression). Actually he was totally in it, excellent, and obviously enjoyed himself, so it was great. 

There was a lot of little anecdotes and funny things, like when he teased the people in the upper (VIP ?) area who didn't sing very strongly (he called them angels, but added they "didn't sing like angels", and then, asked them to make the light of their phones on and prayed to their like if they were stars and asked if they could grant his wish even if they weren't very loud), and he also compared some very loud fans who were screaming with a little too much insistance with Chucky (adding he "didn't want to be mean, but it's a nightmare")  :lol3:. He also told us the story of Billy Brown like being about a man his sister was in love with, but he felt like there was some "problem", so he wrote Billy Brown, sang it at Christmas, and they weren't very happy, especially the guy who never talked to him after that. He added it was a shame, because he found this song nice for a guy who didn't find himself yet, telling that with some sulky tone and a laugh that killed me :lol3: There was a lot of other funny things, since he was in a talkative and playful mood, but if I tell all, this report will be a novel. 

I was happy to be there for the return of Billy Brown I didn't hear since a while, I just would have preferred it would not replace 30 Secondes I adore. Well, at least, he played more the piano, and I LOVE when he's playing piano, and found it was maybe what missed a little in this tour. I would have love to have the two :naughty:

My favorites moments are now clear : the intro, Feels like fire, Underwate of course, followed by a relax who never fails to give a crazy ambiance, Jane Birkin, and the final full of hope, and Happy Ending...  

Speaking of Happy Ending, I can't exactly find the words for it, but I found his performance extremeley beautiful in Luxembourg. It was too at Strasbourg but, maybe because I was too far away or he was sill ill, it wasn't the same. Yesterday, his voice was so beautiful I felt moved. :wub2: There was also another moment where he made some of his vibratos I'm deeply in love with, but I don't remember what song it was (Underwater ?). I had goosebumps for these two moments. 

For Big Girl, he came nearby when he came in the crowd, actually more than never for me :wub2: but the best moment was very personnal. At a moment he came sing in my area, our eyes met and he smiled :swoon:It was incredibly brief , but my heart skipped a beat, and for the first time of the concert, I was moved.  :cloud:

Actually, for whatever reason, I found this gig so joyful, so good, so wonderful I finished it with tears in my eyes. It started with Happy Ending because it touched me in the heart ( don't know why. I mean, I heard it 10 times live before, even with A Capella parts, so I don't know why THIS time was so strong for me). But the fact is, I knew it was my last from the tour. I was painfully aware of that. Being recognized by him, the greatness and the magic of the concert, and the fact it was my last until the summer hited too hard. I totally lost it at Any Other World, a song I deeply love, with an intense meaning, who already made me cry in live, it was the moment I had to fight against tears and lose. Tears that stayed at the edge for We are golden... And tears that I couldn't retain anymore after the concert... The last time I left  a gig in that state of emotion, I'm not even sure when it was. I don't even explain why this one moved me so much. It was just totally wonderful from the beginning to the end.

The thing is, I'm never as well than when I'm at Mika's concerts. The only places in the world where I can feel myself and at the same time integrated... The fact is, I still wanted to stress, to asking myself why I'm making all that and remember it at the instant the concert begins. I still wanted to speak a bad english, then french, with people I don't even know, exchange smiles and laughters with strangers. I still wanted to have my ears ringing in the night, and cry for whatever obscure reason, and feels happy for weeks just because I feel like I belong in Mika's world. But I know I physically can't. And even if I could, I'm sure it would not be enough anyway. It could never be enough. 

The fact is I never want this to stop, I never want this to end... 

Post-concert depression hit hard, but I feel also extremely gratefuland happy for this month...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 7

@Presci1108 Thank you for your wonderful report :flowers2:

10 hours ago, Presci1108 said:

and more generally the intense feeling of relief I usually feel when Mika comes on the stage. This instant where all the stress, all the eventual deceptions, all the muscular pain disappear, is not unique to this tour, but what I find particulary beautiful is that moment makes some echo with the freeing of Mika, and that's like if we all are freed at the same time, him from his cage, and us, from our little or bigger problems. At that moment, his magic starts and it never let me until the end. ^_^ 

:yeah:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Mathieu Dum said:

@Mathieu Dum Thanks a lot for posting and welcome to the MFC !

studio D. I Concert Mika Rockhal Luxembourg.

40 brilliant pics !

studioD.Photo-Luxembourg(15).thumb.jpg.7b87ff72d3f366368c72335d6696ce82.jpg

studioD.Photo-Luxembourg(29).thumb.jpg.7da9ab1358f79bd9c513b5657b7dc709.jpg

studioD.Photo-Luxembourg(30).thumb.jpg.45ae4364fdc74c894cda9e60db10840a.jpg

studioD.Photo-Luxembourg(31).thumb.jpg.31fdce1d381fbe5726ca809afda0c1bd.jpg

studioD.Photo-Luxembourg(32).thumb.jpg.8a053d784b552d8cf8bfa4367a93f4f6.jpg

studioD.Photo-Luxembourg(25).thumb.jpg.babe6444d8ed66e78387f017dfb67897.jpg

studioD.Photo-Luxembourg(37).thumb.jpg.89789bf752da6fb491da3155cd606d2d.jpg

studioD.Photo-Luxembourg(38).thumb.jpg.d0b0ba473090342f9e91808468f6b580.jpg

studioD.Photo-Luxembourg(40).thumb.jpg.a38431845146f49bd5e6bce8ce8b1483.jpg

studioD.Photo-Luxembourg(22).thumb.jpg.9260d5713442ad5b08facdce36cd1e01.jpg

studioD.Photo-Luxembourg(23).thumb.jpg.f1112ff4a8bdddef6626683ac342cd1d.jpg

studioD.Photo-Luxembourg(26).thumb.jpg.f7b1d92ffce4c54b9222e1336a58e2a7.jpg

studioD.Photo-Luxembourg(16).thumb.jpg.56bb3ab97b39bb67bbd8909302ead50f.jpg

studioD.Photo-Luxembourg(1).thumb.jpg.d3b379ab0e592ba7e6395c1009ffba0a.jpg

studioD.Photo-Luxembourg(14).thumb.jpg.2bddae77615d15282be5f02ac4fa4f3a.jpg

studioD.Photo-Luxembourg(17).thumb.jpg.f2da6640edf031373c162c5a95801c2a.jpg

studioD.Photo-Luxembourg(18).thumb.jpg.19f0407b68facc80da3921d192b46ae5.jpg

studioD.Photo-Luxembourg(20).thumb.jpg.f5d3f6c297a65ae78390cb289318e7c6.jpg

studioD.Photo-Luxembourg(21).thumb.jpg.2a28af612e369da04861f8b1a0698517.jpg

studioD.Photo-Luxembourg(19).thumb.jpg.b08d30d5e1839aa7a6b8d4b719318c44.jpg

studioD.Photo-Luxembourg(39).thumb.jpg.21c00c93608132c927d7e72eac1554a3.jpg

studioD.Photo-Luxembourg(33).thumb.jpg.0e0b821ad958966807a76a3fb41aae3a.jpg

studioD.Photo-Luxembourg(34).thumb.jpg.96014d144ae48f01117fa9652ba12a21.jpg

studioD.Photo-Luxembourg(36).thumb.jpg.62b941de9d88f69597368c59bf8231a4.jpg

studioD.Photo-Luxembourg(10).thumb.jpg.dbb5ba9f42f0ab7e83b17e58a05c3af5.jpg

studioD.Photo-Luxembourg(8).thumb.jpg.e2c65354af3e4d10c73abdee04273b7b.jpg

studioD.Photo-Luxembourg(2).thumb.jpg.8c3090eff09f3bb20a6ad7b3b327e459.jpg

studioD.Photo-Luxembourg(3).thumb.jpg.948174ef26d6e74cc0d4e578f90bdac8.jpg

studioD.Photo-Luxembourg(4).thumb.jpg.3dc7e9921463e5d7a015c31b4dd22ee8.jpg

studioD.Photo-Luxembourg(5).thumb.jpg.7a7f7df58ad193cca066db7095e1ccd8.jpg

studioD.Photo-Luxembourg(12).thumb.jpg.df15cd7990536633b228f6bcd1b8d6aa.jpg

studioD.Photo-Luxembourg(24).thumb.jpg.251520a57b04a5e428d839e4ded66231.jpg

studioD.Photo-Luxembourg(6).thumb.jpg.f532d2d2a5886236d4099727b5204b21.jpg

studioD.Photo-Luxembourg(7).thumb.jpg.f7cd97fcec7e4bd14b290b8b0125b888.jpg

studioD.Photo-Luxembourg(9).thumb.jpg.073a75402f7321016db66ac7559f70be.jpg

studioD.Photo-Luxembourg(11).thumb.jpg.e4d104dea03bd697977619aa393d71b2.jpg

studioD.Photo-Luxembourg(13).thumb.jpg.c06786935d2d0c4645cd718d724a1f18.jpg

studioD.Photo-Luxembourg(27).thumb.jpg.46d155475ca79d28edbc39998768cc1e.jpg

studioD.Photo-Luxembourg(28).thumb.jpg.bfe3a647d689c649cab2c289922f9ae1.jpg

studio D. Photo-Luxembourg (35).jpg

• Like 2

Shows in Luxembourg are always amazing! :wub2: I went to this show with one of my sisters and she loved it as well! The wait before the show was nice and it was great to see again fans I knew and meet new people! :) 

Here's the playlist of the videos I filmed:

And some of my pictures:

image.thumb.jpeg.3d10abf998f3d635798c6f52eb637cb0.jpeg

20240326_210759.thumb.jpg.ec39ca3f456bfd9deab31f3e64defde3.jpg

20240326_211520(0).thumb.jpg.e5bf7c03d4eff7a602399a8a7dc69d64.jpg

20240326_213454.thumb.jpg.287cdb6ae4b14a325c1d6d33bad75c48.jpg

20240326_213507.thumb.jpg.3ee80b09928f7a481c1daa27963d745a.jpg

20240326_214959.thumb.jpg.5f837c43962ba9f43b2979669c74cedd.jpg

20240326_215955.thumb.jpg.fdf2c8e09a3ca766724b3091fa93b69f.jpg

20240326_220737.thumb.jpg.b728507b99cf005846b61f06b3d5f7ae.jpg

20240326_221324.thumb.jpg.f7150121194465d45b4f3a40b6784076.jpg

20240326_223108.thumb.jpg.fc3b0c002d4e540900267c9115c5cfa9.jpg