Mika OCD sufferer

Ocean_Fairy

I read this when I was reading a magazine called Look,it was part of a bigger article about celebrity OCD sufferers.

I thought it was intresting.

Sorry if everyone already knows this or it's posted somewhere else..

"New chart sensation Mika has also confessed to having the condition:"I nver offer to make tea-it would take too long.You've got to have a precise level of water in the pot,make sure the cup is in exactly the right place..." "

I think it sounds quite cute actually

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Yep, I've read it and what a surprise it was when I saw that! I have OCD too, I discovered that about two years ago already Quite weird actually."

Do you? I've always found OCD intresting since I started studying it in Psychology. It can get really serious for some people though obviously.

And now we are all Mika-obseessed OC(M)D. Did anyone watch the programmes that Stephen Fry did about his experience with the disorder? He said that people with this, like him can suffer huge swings into depression, and worse.

I can't cast Mika as a depressive though - well not at the moment. He's far too 'happy clappy' currently to imagine that - though when he was at school and retreated into himself because of the bullying - that could've been a depression.

Let's hope all that is well behind him. He seems pretty happy with his life as it is going now.

CW.

Yes, sometimes I get so annoyed by that. The symptoms in my case are that I have a need for both sides of the body to feel even. E.g. Before going to bed I close my door with one hand, then immediately I have to touch the door with my other hand too. When I still feel that now I've used this hand more then I have to do all this again. Then the "counting" E.g. When I drink water I have to have a certain number of sips, usually 12. :blink:

It can be very serious actually. I have a slight form of it:bleh:

Yes, sometimes I get so annoyed by that. The symptoms in my case are that I have a need for both sides of the body to feel even. E.g. Before going to bed I close my door with one hand, then immediately I have to touch the door with my other hand too.

it's crazy I'm doing that too ... I guess it's like the ying and the yang... It can't be that bad ^____^

Yes, sometimes I get so annoyed by that. The symptoms in my case are that I have a need for both sides of the body to feel even. E.g. Before going to bed I close my door with one hand, then immediately I have to touch the door with my other hand too. When I still feel that now I've used this hand more then I have to do all this again.

I used to do that but I still do it occasionally but not as much as I did.

I think I have it , once I drink a beer , I need to order another one , then I drink that and ... I cant help myself I get another aaghhhhhhhhhhh and another , i know its gonna hurt but I buy another :thumbdown:

hahahahahhahaha i deffo suffer with it lol!!:naughty:

although i did suffer with it when i was younger, used to wash my hands non stop, and everything had to be even! although have to say i still have to have everything even haha!:punk:

Mika says he cant make tea as he spends so long perfecting it...Obsessive Compulsive Disorder..... high flying ideals and sometimes unessecary requirements, that matter very strongly to person in question, they HAVE to complete them = rituals that can be damaging to lifestyle( ie washing hands over and over again, checking locked doors, not tredding on the cracks.....counting to ten before opening door..etc...) we all have a bit of it but becomes OCD when gets in way of your life... hope helps? we have all got it on this site, cant stay away! lol!:thumb_yello:

weird, i had something like that when i was really young (about 8 or 9).

I ALWAYS had to walk on the left side of the sidewalk when coming home from school and got really ticked off for the rest of the day if i stepped on even 1 pavement crack.

i also felt really uncomfortable if the lining in my socks wasn't exactly aligned with the tips of my feet. weird, huh?

what's even stranger is that the thing eventually wore off. don't think it was actual OCD, though.

I thought Steven Fry did a documentary on people who suffered from Manic Depression not OCD? I could be wrong.

I do know that quite a few people with aspergers and autism suffer from OCD- but other than that, thats where my knowledge on the subject ends!

I have done alot of research into Aspergers and Autism, beacause I have a son who is borderline Asperegers(think he gets that trait from me, didnt exsist when i was younger!!). OCD, Manic depression, tourettes they are all related, this does not mean if you have one you have the other but they overlap. Really they are all just personality types that someone had decided to give a name as they are in the minority. These things can not really be diagnosed for sure except in extreme or "textbook" cases, many symptons can be caused by so many diff things. you could say that Manic Depression is caused by OCD (or the other way around!!) .blink: :thumb_yello: