Big girl

jsap10690

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the reasons he made the song was that his mother and some relatives are larger size women too.

There's no way Mika was that kind of person,

who'd made fun of someone being fat etc!!! :blink:

I have seen a documentary about Butterfly lounge,

I've been wondering ever since I first time heard the song,

if it was the same Mika saw... :cool:

One of the reasons he made the song was that his mother and some relatives are larger size women too.

There's no way Mika was that kind of person,

who'd made fun of someone being fat etc!!! :blink:

I have seen a documentary about Butterfly lounge,

I've been wondering ever since I first time heard the song,

if it was the same Mika saw... :cool:

Yeah, when i saw them his mom and grandma are larger size women. Him and his sister are so skinny. His mother is a beautiful woman...just goes to show you dont have to be skinny to be beautiful.

Its the best forum i have ever been on. Everyone is so friendly. Even at his concert....as soon as i got on line i had people talking to me right away...we were mingling with everyone. Even inside i was talking to people. They're all just so friendly.

Its funny you mention that because last night as i was waiting for mika to come out a really thin girl was handing out invites for his after party and giving it to all the thin trendy people and walked past me and a few other heavier people a few times, looked at us and just kept handing out to other people. I couldnt go cause i had work today but it made me feel like crap that she did that. I actually wrote to mika about it and said i thought it was ****ty someone would do that because i didnt fit into her idea of a hot & trendy person.

:thumbdown: I despise people like that, I really do. And I hope Mika responds to your message! I'm sure Mika loves and appreciates all his fans no matter their size, shape, or color! I know one thing...I'd much rather be chunky and have cheerful and friendly disposition than be "hot and trendy" and be a b**ch...yall know what i'm sayin???

Chin up Jaime...its all good! I love your name by the way LOL!

:thumbdown: I despise people like that, I really do. And I hope Mika responds to your message! I'm sure Mika loves and appreciates all his fans no matter their size, shape, or color! I know one thing...I'd much rather be chunky and have cheerful and friendly disposition than be "hot and trendy" and be a b**ch...yall know what i'm sayin???

Chin up Jaime...its all good! I love your name by the way LOL!

Exactly...we'll see if he responds. He's been going crazy promoting his CD so i'm not sure if he'll check it. I sent him a PM on his main myspace page asking a question about something and he never even opened it. This one i sent to his private one. So we'll see if he even reads it. We'll see.

I just hate people who judge. So many people are obsessed with appearance it makes me sick. Hey, if you dont like me then screw you, ya know? Even when i got really skinny and lost all my weight i was never judgemental like that cause i know what it was like to be heavy and have people comment and stare....its a horrible feeling and i would never do that to someone else...no matter what size i am.

Yeah, he said in an interview that he has quite a few people in his family that are larger...so he doesnt judge. I didnt want to write to him to start trouble. I just wanted to let him know what people are like who are working for him. But he has no control over people like that. Its just she was a witch and thats that....

Oh, I'm sure Mika meant nothing but the best with Big Girls ^_^

sinatrasdame1915, I'm so sorry you had to experience such negativity and from one of Mika's people, no less! I'm sure he would be apalled by that beasts behavior >_< People like that really aren't worth our anger, though. All those who shun big girls just like those who shun mika for his fabulousness only act as they do because they are hiding from there own striking imperfections and insecurities. Don't ever let those people get to you, they aren't worth it.

As for the video, I absolutely adore him for his reaction to the 'fat girls' bit. It feels good that people other than big girls take offense to such comments

And I adore the butterfly lounge for devoting a page to Mika and featuring him at their club! Thats brilliant and I am so happy for Mika. He wanted that, after all ^_^

They most definitely are not.

And to add icing to the cake, Mika himself disagrees with them! If he says big girls are beautiful, then I doubt there is a single thing anyone else could say that could take away how good it feels to hear Mika say that ~_O

Yes, he most definitely was. I attribute that to hs absolutely magnificent, legendary mum ^_^ She really did well by him and the world. She raised a magnificent human being. If only everyone could end up a fraction as decent or wonderful or kind or talented as he.

Yeah...(agreeing with almost everyone) i think hes more complimenting big girls...but this song does make me wonder....'Does Mika actually prefer bigger girls? or was that just a song to boost there confidence?' My best friends mum reckons that he should release 'big girls' in the summer cos it might build more confidence for them...bless...i think shes right there...what do you reckon?

Yeah...(agreeing with almost everyone) but this song does make me wonder....'Does Mika actually prefer bigger girls? or was that just a song to boost there confidence?

I just think this was a song to boost confidence. I don't think he prefers big girls, or skinny girls for that matter. I think he will just look at how the person is in total, inside and out. Like everyone should in my opinion.:thumb_yello:

What a beeetch!

I am 100% sure Mika is not like that though.

Did you see this interview? It is an old one.

He doesn't seem very impressed with the interviewer at the end IMO.

I can't believe I haven't seen this interview yet! And I call myself a fan? Shame, shame, shame!:blush-anim-cl:

Uhu, just been on the Butterfly Lounge website! They really seems to like Mika *who doesn't?*

I just think he wrote it, because he means it.. Like you said, his mom is great.. Taught him how to behave and stuff..

It would be awful if he had written a "big girls (you are sooo damn ugly)" song.. He were chubby when he was small, his mom's big and so on..