Big girl

jsap10690

Hello everyonee

I was just listening to big girl and I can't determine if Mika is making fun of big girls or admiring them! Because the title is very flattering to the big girls out there, but at the same time lines like "feels like a big ballon" and "water in the whole with the girls all around" might raise some questions... haha what are you're guys' opinions. I love the song either way...it's so cute!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awww no.

He's just trying to boost their confidence.

"Big girls you are beautiful!"

When he says, "Feels like a big balloon" he's only telling us how they feel inside....especially around thinner girls.

That's all. ^_^

jsap,

as far as I can tell is is NOT meant to make fun of.

in interviews, he says how he was watching a tv program about a night club for plus sized women, and he felt they needed an anthem. and, he's mentioned how his mother is bigger and so are other members of his family, and so he wrote a song to celebrate them.

I think "feels like a big balloon" is just meant to say how big women feel, and after that he sings "big girls you are beautiful". a confidence booster, like emy said :)

i did wonder about the "watering hole" comment, since it conjures up images of wild animals or something, but maybe it's just a term that is used in the UK that we americans are not familiar with?

any of you lovely brits care to comment? :)

I saw an interview where he said the Butterfly Lounge is in the USA and you have to be a big girl to get in. And he said there was loads of men who really love the bigger girl who go there. And then he wrote a song about it. So I think it's complimentary.

lv, andi xxx

As a big girl myself I find the song cheers me up when having fat days, also I dont see it as a "piss take" I think it is flattering especially when it says take your skinny girl and multiply her by 4 lol ..

i think it is a great song and definitely an anthem for those of us not blessed with size 8 bodies

I agree, it cheers me up no end and I do believe he is sincere.

I think he has had an unsettled life along with the people around him and when you have not always had good experiences in life, it makes you have a lot of empathy with others, I think, and also it makes you less judgemental. Everybody has their problems and everyone deals with them in a different way.

That's what I have found with my own life anyway.

• 1 month later...
As a big girl myself I find the song cheers me up when having fat days, also I dont see it as a "piss take" I think it is flattering especially when it says take your skinny girl and multiply her by 4 lol ..

i think it is a great song and definitely an anthem for those of us not blessed with size 8 bodies

AMEN to that :punk::roftl:

Awww no.

He's just trying to boost their confidence.

"Big girls you are beautiful!"

When he says, "Feels like a big balloon" he's only telling us how they feel inside....especially around thinner girls.

That's all. ^_^

Yes, I think so too! :)

Its funny you mention that because last night as i was waiting for mika to come out a really thin girl was handing out invites for his after party and giving it to all the thin trendy people and walked past me and a few other heavier people a few times, looked at us and just kept handing out to other people. I couldnt go cause i had work today but it made me feel like crap that she did that. I actually wrote to mika about it and said i thought it was ****ty someone would do that because i didnt fit into her idea of a hot & trendy person.

Its funny you mention that because last night as i was waiting for mika to come out a really thin girl was handing out invites for his after party and giving it to all the thin trendy people and walked past me and a few other heavier people a few times, looked at us and just kept handing out to other people. I couldnt go cause i had work today but it made me feel like crap that she did that. I actually wrote to mika about it and said i thought it was ****ty someone would do that because i didnt fit into her idea of a hot & trendy person.

:bored:

omg that's awful! :thumbdown:

hope Mika will reply to you...

I definately hear ya but in my eyes a size 8 is a pain in the bum not a blessing! I had an eating disorder for years and was obsessed with my 7 stone size 6 body, but I luckily got over it with lots of support and now I don't only keep myself healthy I allow myself a little 'snuggliness' around my bum and tummy, I wont lie and say I wouldn't like to have a really flat tum again but I can say from experience that boobies and a big booty are definately more fun. Im more confident, more femimine and as a result way more sexy!

Whenever I hear Big Girl I feel great and cant help shaking my lovely bouncy bum, even though im only big in societys eyes not mine (size 12-14) I also go belly dancing and our instructor is a size 18 and the most gorgeous woman. Big Girls are beautiful!!

:bored:

omg that's awful! :thumbdown:

hope Mika will reply to you...

I hope he does. Cause just in my opinion you cant write an anthem for big women and then have someone who represents you like that do something like that. I just thought it was really ****ty of that girl.

Right , it's official! sinatrasdame is a hot and trendy person. As are all members of this forum. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Now, go forth and spread the word. :punk:

Awww...thank you *HUGS* you just made me feel better. I felt like crud last night when that girl was walking around and everytime she would look right at me, and then move on to the next person. I already feel insecure enough about myself i hate when people are so judgemental.

Right , it's official! sinatrasdame is a hot and trendy person. As are all members of this forum. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Now, go forth and spread the word. :punk:

Do agree!!!

Lots of love from another Big Girl!:thumb_yello:

We are beautiful!