It's really time to bring some reasoning into this- Mika's sexuality

girl_anachronism

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is a topic that will keep coming up again and again...be it because of simple curiosity,or something a bit more prurient.

Unless Mika himself decides to set everyone straight ,so to speak :wink2: it is pointless speculating and personally I find it a bit distasteful and disrespectful,

so perhaps we ought not to.

How would you feel if people were sat speculating about your sexuality or that of someone close to you ..wouldn't be very nice would it?

Oh for goodness sake, can't we just enjoy an artists material without having to debate their sexuality? What difference does it make WHICH way Mika swings - his music is fabulous & that's why we're all here.

And while I'm having a moan - what on earth do those s-----s think they're doing posting photos of their giggling tits, arses etc on Mikas myspace page? Maybe they should listen to the words of Lollipop!! At least I haven't seen (so far) any gay guys posting photos of their bits so they obviously have more self respect than the girls!!:sneaky2:

What I want to know is why people think Mika might be gay in the first place? I know enough straight and gay people to know that sterotypes are completely wrong; one guy I know sounds exactly like Julian Clary, yet is completely straight, and another is as hard as nails - and gay.

Rather like Mika I got moved around a lot as a child, and guess what - I got all the same homophobic jibes that Mika was called at school. Does that mean I am gay?

So we have a young guy who dresses in unconventional clothes and sings in a falsetto voice, and the press immediately equate this with being gay. I suspect some of the press guys are the same bigoted morons that taunt any kid that doesn't fit in at school with the words 'fag' and 'poof'.

Whether Mika is or isn't, I just feel sorry for him - he's clearly a sensitive, thoughtful and deep chap who's just lost the majority of his privacy, and I for one am not interested in probing into areas that only his close friends should know about.

That's exactly what i say to my friends who say to me he is so obvioulsy gay.It is a stereotype. I feel sorry for you being moved around as a child it's always hard settling in.

I don't think speculating about his sexuality is more intruding into his life than looking for pics of his sisters and cousins, and mother, and father, and looking for any other information... He's now a public person, that doesn't mean wa HAVE TO, but that people WILL definitly look for any piece of information they can find... About anything in his life... And I bet he knows about that. He just chooses not to talk about it himself, but people will search and browse... That's how it is.

In my opinion : Mika is the public person here, not all his family : so I think it's more "legitime" (if something has to be more legitime) to wonder about his sexuality than to look for pics and info about all the rest of his family, who are NOT public area...

Last point : wondering about someone's sexuality, someone who OBVIOUSLY wants people to wonder about it (not telling it and saying he won't tell), is normal... It's a part of his mystery and it makes that people will talk about HIM wether they like the songs or not... And that's good for him, anyway ! (I mean it's a teasing/advertising plan : may be not on purpose, but it works). And if people who like his songs wonder about it, it's no big deal ! It's just something more they wonder about... We could keep talking over and over about the songs, but yeah... We would end the subject one day or another... Until he releases the 2nd album.

My point... :wink2:

So those who want to keep guessing : keep guessing if you think it's funny, those who don't want to, just don't ! And don't read the topics that are about it, you will be bothered for something you don't care about !

But I agree there's no need to write thousands topics about that... Just keep guessing in 1 topic !! But it's fall all questions... Not only the "sexuality-thing".

Enjoy !

I was reading this thread with interest, and it's amazing how fired up people can get on certain subjects. This IS definitely a very sensitive subject, not only for Mika and his family, but also for most people on here, and it's fascinating to see the debate it is creating.

As far as whether Mika is gay or not, obviously it is up to him and him alone to decide when he will tell anyone in the public domain, and we should respect that (ok the majority of us already do). Personally I couldn't care either way, because he has the voice of an angel, and from what I've seen at personal appearances, is an incredibly wonderful guy, he is polite and seems to have a great sense of humour, and as long as he has all that, I'll follow him anywhere (I'm off to see him in Dublin even though money is pretty tight at the moment). Don't worry I'm not turning stalker, I'm far too lazy for that, and I really couldn't be bothered to stalk anyone, I'm addicted to TV too much for that (BIG couch potato):roftl:

I remember when this happened back in the '80s with George Michael, and the '70s with Bowie, the is he, isn't he debates, and even then I didn't care, because (and I suppose this phrase must be getting over used now) it was always all about the music (although I did have a crush on George:blush-anim-cl: ).

So I would hope that whatever Mika decides to do on this subject, we all will support him, because it's clear we all love him to bits and thats all that matters.

I find that well and mattering that people discuss without stuffing the mouth. Otherwise I just wanted to add that it is true that Mika is rather particular. I shall not go so far as to say that he looks like a girl but he makes big rather awkward gestures...

But I find that he looks like more a child than a gay (although to look like a gay is already a stereotype) And it is can be also due to being compared in Freddie Mercury...

Just a note, I am watching this thread and will edit / remove if it gets out of hand. So far you are all playing nice which is great as on many boards it would spiral out of control.

I would note though that sexuality and politics should not blind side people to the pure fun and music genius that Mika is :)

So keep your reality hats on, and indeed your friendly hats so that this board can remain one of the friendliest and happiest that these is on the net! :)

Don't get me wrong, well done on the healthy debate, there are some issues we can not hide from. The only issue is when people start saying he IS or ISNT anything without the cold hard fact of him saying it himself. Speculation and thought is one thing, total accusation is another. :)

Cheers

Sunny

Just a note, I am watching this thread and will edit / remove if it gets out of hand. So far you are all playing nice which is great as on many boards it would spiral out of control.

I would note though that sexuality and politics should not blind side people to the pure fun and music genius that Mika is :)

So keep your reality hats on, and indeed your friendly hats so that this board can remain one of the friendliest and happiest that these is on the net! :)

Don't get me wrong, well done on the healthy debate, there are some issues we can not hide from. The only issue is when people start saying he IS or ISNT anything without the cold hard fact of him saying it himself. Speculation and thought is one thing, total accusation is another. :)

Cheers

Sunny

I'm totally agree with you Sunny.

Enjoy mika's sexuality lol...

Fillip, whattya mean, "it shouldn't, anymore than someone's race or creed should can you imagine if people were speculating about someone's race ....it's just wrong !"

practically EVERYONE comments on his race. dads lebanese, moms american. (or is it vice versa?)

anyway, the point is, we'll love mika JUST THE SAME whatever sexuality.

So why are people making it all weird and freaking out?

If it's not a big deal, don't freak out when it's brought up. You're making the board weird and awkward.

People have commented we shouldn't be obsessed with this topic. NOBODY IS. I'm just objecting to the fact that when it is brought up, people get yelled at.

It's not something i particuarally want to discuss alot, because, well, theres no point. We won't know one way or another. but if somebody wants to comment about just something regarding someone's sexuality, they shouldn't get yelled at. that's my point.

Thanks sunny monkey, i think it's a good debate. Just as long as people discuss in a civilized manner. :)

Thanks all for input, keep it coming, if ya want. off to work! :)

hmm...

it is sorta pointless to talk about sexuality, seeing as that convo would go nowhere.

BUT, i guess the problem is ppl's reactions to questions abt that (some get really worked up abt it!) there's a tad bit of hostility and a sense of "taboo" put across in some ppl's answers...sorta like, "don't even GO there, girlfriend!"

people can say what they want without the hostility-- others will still get the message. and that's true for ANY topic talked about, not just this. altho this is the only time that such problems come up!

after all, we all have an awesome time talking to everyone else anyway. :)