Mika hopes critics to stop comparing him to Queen.

Sity

Anyone who

a) thinks Mika would actually insult Freddie Mercury

b) can't tell when Mika is joking

c) can't tell when Mika is annoyed at being asked the same thing 5000 times

d) doesn't realize this so-called "story" is simple sensationalism made from cut-together, out-of-context interview quotes

d) doesn't immediately remember the full interview these quotes came from

needs to really catch up on their Mika interviews. :bleh: There are "news articles" like this printed every day and they are all nonsense, and yet they are dragged up here again and again, and people keep falling for them.

--Jack

All valid points. Besides that, if you just simply LISTEN to Mika's songs, you can actually hear that at a certain time of his life (or perhaps even now) he was obsessed with Freddie's songwriting technique.

At the same time, I am sure he has been getting these comparisons for years and that is why tries to avoid bringing up the topic and never mentions Queen as one of his musical influences.

I think he is pretty cool about this topic:thumb_yello: and so are we:blush-anim-cl:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:rocket:

freddie is a legend, an ikon, a superstar, even a "god" with an incredible voice who sang for about 10 years great songs that will never be forgotten.

what is mika? a sunnyboy with a voice higher than average and wishy-washy pop songs. mika could never reach the uniqueness of freddie, he might be very good and i like him lots, but he'll never be a legend, he's too common for that. he's better than the most singers performing today, but to compare him with freddie in any case is totally mistaken!!

En Fa !!!!! Freddie was amazing!!!!! :shocked:

Now I dont agree with you comments about Mika!!!! thats just as unreal :shocked:

I dont think Mika will ever be Freddie , I think he will be huge , but you never know ...

En Fa !!!!! Freddie was amazing!!!!! :shocked:

Now I dont agree with you comments about Mika!!!! thats just as unreal :shocked:

I dont think Mika will ever be Freddie , I think he will be huge , but you never know ...

:shocked:

Let me come to the defense of En Fa :the comments on Mika actually came from 'rosedewitt'..:cool:

I think that considering Mika to be 'common', and refusing even the thought of him ever succeeding to achieve legend status is like closing your eyes and ears and trying to live in the past.

If people were only listening to what their parents were or what came from the establishment, then we would still be listening to Gregorian music..

It's like locking yourself in your house and refusing to let the world in. :sneaky2:

:shocked:

Let me come to the defense of En Fa :the comments on Mika actually came from 'rosedewitt'..:cool:

I think that considering Mika to be 'common', and refusing even the thought of him ever succeeding to achieve legend status is like closing your eyes and ears and trying to live in the past.

If people were only listening to what their parents were or what came from the establishment, then we would still be listening to Gregorian music..

It's like locking yourself in your house and refusing to let the world in. :sneaky2:

Thanks .. I just quouted from a few threads up :thumb_yello:

En Fa <hug>

I think Mika is an amazing talent , hes one of the best if not THE best in many many years , I support him to the end of the world .. but ....... I dont think he will be "legend" like Freddie:thumb_yello:

Thanks .. I just quouted from a few threads up :thumb_yello:

En Fa <hug>

I think Mika is an amazing talent , hes one of the best if not THE best in many many years , I support him to the end of the world .. but ....... I dont think he will be "legend" like Freddie:thumb_yello:

I see... so probably she meant Mika won't be a legend like Freddie because he will become a legend like Mika...:naughty:

Anyway, i still uphold my message to rosedewitt...: Mika's don't grow on every tree and he is definitely not 'common'.:thumbdown:

:blowup:

gregorian music can't be compared to mikas music (or queen or any rock/pop music). gregorian music is church music and so called "classical" or "serious" music, while mika and the bands, singers we're listening to make "entertainment" music.

maybe you didn't mean it, but i sounds to me as if gregorian music was the music for the backward people in the middle ages and who didn't understand anything from music because they didn't know the modern music we're listening today... sorry but you're wrong then and i totally disagree. it's not like "the more modern=the better" in music.

No. that's not what I meant. I could have said 'we would still be listening to Cole Porter songs' or 'we would still be listening to Elvis'

What I meant is that you must keep pace with times

I only chose Gregorian as an example as that was church music / music from the 'establishment'.. The connection is that nowadays there is a kind of 'elitist' view that there are 'legends' in popular music that were perfect while no new artists will ever be able to come close to their talent. That is rubbish.

however, please stop to compare mika with queen, - at least, because even mika doesn't like it to be compared with queen.

I don't think Mika minds being compared to Freddie. He might hate being asked the question...what do journalists expect as an answer, anyway...

This's "news" I got to my e-mail...

MIKA: 'STOP COMPARING ME TO QUEEN'

Pop sensation MIKA hopes critics will stop comparing him to British music legends QUEEN - because he doesn't want to be associated with FREDDIE MERCURY's dress sense.

The GRACE KELLY star, who yesterday (26MAR07) dubbed SCISSOR SISTERS "mediocre", admits he finds it tough when the press liken his music to that released by the group's late flamboyant frontman.

He tells the New York Daily News, "I get tired of talking about it."

"I would be willing to more if that's where I was coming from. Just so long as they don't compare our dress sense."

True or not, it's old news. Check out the date. Actually, he has said some nice things about Freddie and Queen. It doesn't sound like Mika. Why would he be upset about the clothes? No one asked him about it.

i agree with that. mika seems to like strange clothes and looks very sweet in it :thumb_yello: so i guess there'd be no reason to have anything against freddies style.

Yeah. Freddie was basically designing his clothes from the beginning and so is Mika - to me there is not much difference, except those 35 years that have passed in the meantime. :cool:

i agree with that. mika seems to like strange clothes and looks very sweet in it :thumb_yello: so i guess there'd be no reason to have anything against freddies style.

In a video interview whe said he didn't mind the comparisons as long as they didn't compare their dress sense. Then he pulled on his sweater thing and said "I think I'm walking a fine line" haha

In a video interview whe said he didn't mind the comparisons as long as they didn't compare their dress sense. Then he pulled on his sweater thing and said "I think I'm walking a fine line" haha

Damn true , he didnt mind being compared but it was Freddies dress sense that he joked about...

Mika has associated himself with freddie , I could give many examples , its great publicity for him and he knows that

Damn true , he didnt mind being compared but it was Freddies dress sense that he joked about...

Mika has associated himself with freddie , I could give many examples , its great publicity for him and he knows that

Hahahaha. What I would pay to see Mika in a harlaquin:roftl:

It's just a shame that the media presents this as Mika being upset, instead of joking.