Mika hopes critics to stop comparing him to Queen.

Sity

how very dare you Mika:shocked: but he has a point.....

Only Fred can get away with that:boxed: I dont think he would be meaning to diss fred, even fred said(in his 40's) that if he dressed like he used to with the hair and nails then he would look ridiculous:roftl: Mika isnt one to talk though really is he now with his ccccrazy hair, that he has curled on purpose to look that way and the braces and bright red trousers:roftl::wub2:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also by nature Mika has associated himself with Freddie , he recorded a version of grace kelly on freds piano , he name checked him on grace kelly , he is all over brian mays website etc, I personally think he was mis quoted , I dont believe the press sometimes .....:thumb_yello:

that is a very good point fred:mf_rosetinted:

Aw man, so we won't be seeing Mika in a unitard?! Bummer. No but really if anything I think Mika said it as a joke or didn't say it at all. The press is always trying to make something out of nothing.

:roftl: :roftl: that is upsetting:shocked: oooh Mika in a unitard, he'd look so cute

I think that Mika didn't mind at first being compared to Queen. It showed that people who compared him to Freddie liked his voice and liked his aura.

But now that he is successful he wants to find his own way and his own style, that's why he must be fed up with all those comparisons !

jengafer I LOVE that video from queen, i hadn't seen it before ! I love freddie's costume :mf_lustslow:

Yes, I am too a bit bored by the press, which never pronounce his name without Freddie's one...

I say: Freddie is Freddie...incredible, incomparable.......and Mika is going to be the same, in a different way!

Freddie was a divine rocker....Mika is MIKA, with his Psycho bubble pop...his charming voice, his expoding vitality...etc

It has been obviously a great honour for Mika to be compared to the God of rock (imho), but now he needs to find his image, his figure....and I think he's already found it thanks to his strong, surprising personality!

Both of them will always been my eroes :wink2:

i am a big fan of queen as well. but i think if mika is to be taken seriously as an artist he has to try and stop the accusations of oh hes like this person or that person early on in his career for him to be able to go forward with his music and be noted as a standalone artist that he is.

if the media would just stop and listen to his music without putting him against other known artists im sure their reports would be a lot more individual and more true to mika himself and reasons why we love him as that individual.

Errrm I think it's not bad that Mika's compared with some legends. It would be bad if critics or listeners began to give reproaches to Mika's creature. Now, when everybody just compliments him, Mika should be happy:D:)

I doubt this is true, though if it were I would be a bit put off. I don't think being compared to a LEGEND is ever a bad thing. I definitely think after time, people will stop comparing him to Freddie. For the time being, I think he should enjoy it because after a while the compliments in comparison to Freddie will end.

*ahem* and what is so wrong with Freddie's fashion sense? Freddie DID wear tight jeans in the early 70s....hmmm.

• 3 months later...

This's "news" I got to my e-mail...

MIKA: 'STOP COMPARING ME TO QUEEN'

Pop sensation MIKA hopes critics will stop comparing him to British music legends QUEEN - because he doesn't want to be associated with FREDDIE MERCURY's dress sense.

The GRACE KELLY star, who yesterday (26MAR07) dubbed SCISSOR SISTERS "mediocre", admits he finds it tough when the press liken his music to that released by the group's late flamboyant frontman.

He tells the New York Daily News, "I get tired of talking about it."

"I would be willing to more if that's where I was coming from. Just so long as they don't compare our dress sense."

Thank you for posting! :biggrin2:

The quotes don't sound quite like Mika to me. I think they've paraphrased it or cut and pasted different quotes and mashed them together. :thumbdown:

Well, i dunno bout u, but I wouldn't like my fashion sense to be compared to Freddie's either. Mika has way better taste than that.

as to the "Scissor Sisters are mediocre" quote, it may well have been taken out of context, as are so many other celebrity snippets. bad news sells better than good news, therefore the press is only too keen to jump on the first negative thing that cmes out of ur mouth, even if it was, say, in a joking manner etc.

Anyone who

a) thinks Mika would actually insult Freddie Mercury

b) can't tell when Mika is joking

c) can't tell when Mika is annoyed at being asked the same thing 5000 times

d) doesn't realize this so-called "story" is simple sensationalism made from cut-together, out-of-context interview quotes

d) doesn't immediately remember the full interview these quotes came from

needs to really catch up on their Mika interviews. :bleh: There are "news articles" like this printed every day and they are all nonsense, and yet they are dragged up here again and again, and people keep falling for them.

--Jack

Anyone who

a) thinks Mika would actually insult Freddie Mercury

b) can't tell when Mika is joking

c) can't tell when Mika is annoyed at being asked the same thing 5000 times

d) doesn't realize this so-called "story" is simple sensationalism made from cut-together, out-of-context interview quotes

d) doesn't immediately remember the full interview these quotes came from

needs to really catch up on their Mika interviews. :bleh: There are "news articles" like this printed every day and they are all nonsense, and yet they are dragged up here again and again, and people keep falling for them.

--Jack

Interesting thread I thought , it deserved to be "dragged up" , he still is compared ....

I agree with your a,b,c,d,d :thumb_yello: