What Does Mika's Song ..............Mean To You?

ericdred

Grace Kelly

Lollipop

My Interpretation

Love Today

Relax (Take It Easy)

Ring Ring

Any Other World

Billy Brown

Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)

Stuck In The Middle

Erase

Happy Ending

Satellite

i am aware that some people haven't heard of some of these songs, but of the one's you have heard, what do they mean to you.

be imaginative.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oooooh this is very interesting!

Grace Kelly. What does it mean to me? Exactly what it means to Mika. Ive been singing Mika songs all day at work (mainly lollipop) and I really did feel like going in someone's face and going WHY DONT U LIKE ME, WHY DONT U LIKE ME, WHY DONT WALK OUT THE DOOR! ...haha. i enjoy being weird.

Lollipop. This reminds me when I was at Charlie's. We were walking to the bus stop and we were singing it down the road :D I love how it's catchy, along with a good message.

My Interpretation. Now I do like this song, but I've never felt like this emotionally so I can't really elaborate.

Love Today. THE FAN VIDEO. DUH. :D:D

Relax! Take it easy. Just reminds me of me singing in my bedroom lol! I also get mixed emotions in this song. Sometimes I just wanna belt it out, other times I actually just want to relax O.o

Ring Ring. Well! I've had someone ring me and text me everyday before so I can kinda feel a connection here. It's just the sorta song where you build up so much anger and annoyance that eventually you have to vent it out - and I just imagine screaming this song at a person XD I love singing it.

Any Other World. Now, whenever I play Final Fantasy 12, I always have Mika's cd in the background. why? because FF is hard and I always die, and having mika singing in the background soothes me, I don't get as angry (XD) and this song always reminds me of a particular point in the game.

Billy Brown. This triggers a memory of when I first heard it on his myspace page. "Oh Billy Brown had lived an ordinary life: two kids, a dog and then the cautionary wife. While it was all going accordingly to plan...then Billy Brown fell in love with another man" and it just made me laugh XD

Big Girl (You Are Beautiful). LAAAAAY-DEE. Nuff said :D

Stuck In The Middle. I never really used to like this song, but because I could never be arsed to skip the song when playing FF, the more I listened to it the more it grew on me. Now I really like it. I ESPECIALLY love singing "I look at you, you look at me, we BITE each other!"

Erase. I remember first hearing this song. I wanted to cry. The way he sings "erase" just pulls my heartstrings. I have been heartbroken, and know all too well of this feeling.

Happy Ending. Same as above really.

Satellite. I've only heard this a few times. It's on my computer somewhere but I can't find it. Although I do remember that it reminds me "twinkle, twinkle little star, how I wonder what you are..."

Grace Kelly- Freedom, individuality. I relate a lot with Mika in the sense that my tween/middle school/early high school years were hell. I started off middle school badly after a car accident the summer before it. 7th grade especially was traumatic, when my best friend turned her back on me when i needed her most and made utter and complete fun of me and tormented me daily, saying things behind my back, all the while playing the 'nice guy' front. I also realized I was bisexual in 6th/7th grade, which I surpressed for another five or six years, which put me into a rather serious depression. (I was a freakin' amazing musician though, for a while, atleast).

Lollipop- Sex, I know it's kinda a 'don't have sex' song, but yeah... sex... especially with Mika xD

My Interpretation- Just being alone. The song makes me a little teary every time I hear it. Reminds me of friends who I've fallen out with or I've fought with. Also reminds me of people who I've had feeling for who didn't necessarily feel the same way back

Love Today- Mika in general. I hear it and I can see him dancing in the Love Today video and I squeal like a fangirl. After all, I 'love, love' mika

Relax (Take It Easy)- Basically chill out and stop fighting it. It's my favorite song to paint to

Ring Ring- Kind of a 'desperate for love' song. I've had times where I want someone to call to take an interest, and they don't, but I sit with my phone on inches away, hoping for a call.

Any Other World- Again, just a relax, everything will sort itself out. There's no use fighting it because you can't control it and it'll all work out in the end

Billy Brown- Kinda like, life's unpredictable. You can have total control and then be spinning completely out of wack completely

Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)- It's an amazing dance song first of all. Second,I have a friend that's heavy and she has terrible self esteem sometimes, and the song just makes me appreciate her when she is happy, and it makes me appreciate Mika that he can appreciate 'big girls'

Stuck In The Middle- I'm a middle child, so all the lines about family and all remind me of MCS- middle child syndrome. But also just being caught in the middle I guess

Erase- All the mistakes I've made, all the things I've said, or haven't said, all the things I haven't done. Just kind of, being able to go and pretend they didn't happen or they'd happen a different way

Happy Ending-Another kind of just pick it up and bear it, there's nothing you can do to change it. Kinda the same of Erase

Satellite- Haven't listened to this much- I don't like the actual song so much (my brother pwns at playing it and I can't, hence he plays it all the time and drives me crazy), but the fact that Mika sings it is the only reason I listen to it

woah never heard of satellite?!?!

but yea

Grace Kelly - A proper belta of a tune!!!!! Just hear me trying to buss out those high notes but not quite cutting it though LOL. Just an all round confidence booster of a song!!!

Relax Take It Easy - Easily one of the best dance tunes i've heard in ages. Hope he releases this as it is screaming to be released as a summer tune!!! Love it...

Love Today - as the poster above wrote; this song epitomises everything in which i think of Mika....Fun, energtic, exciting and addictive. "Love LOVE me" not a day passes where i don't do those L signs with my fingers and point to myself LOL what a loser!!!! :punk:

Ring Ring - great song to listen...LOVE his voice on this song!!!

Big Girl you are beautiful - what a great tune, everyone can sing to this not only the larger ladies and i appreciate how Mika wrote about the more curvaceous girls about time too :D

Grace Kelly- This is the song that really got me into Mika, and it's been on my Myspace player almost constantly since last autumn. I really liked how happy and poppy it was (I love 80s pop music). I really got into his music b/c of Grace Kelly, and I loved how upbeat it was because at the time I was so depressed that I was on the verge of dropping out of college and basically just hated everything (I'm somewhat better now). The song just made me happy, even after I learned what it was about (then I just thought it was really clever).

Stuck in the Middle- I thought this song was about being a middle child (is Mika a middle child? I don't know). But that's how I interpreted it.

and Lollipop Girl is about sex. haha. How could anyone miss that?

Big Girl makes me almost wish I was a big girl! It reminds me a lot of Queen's Fat Bottomed Girls. I think it's a really nice pro-self esteem song. Very nice. :)

I don't really have anything to say about the other songs at the moment... it's 2:47 a.m. and I think I might be starting to hallucinate.

Grace Kelly

Lollipop

My Interpretation

Love Today

Relax (Take It Easy)

Ring Ring

Any Other World

Billy Brown

Stuck In The Middle

Erase

Happy Ending

Satellite

i am aware that some people haven't heard of some of these songs, but of the one's you have heard, what do they mean to you.

be imaginative.

Mika's songs to me is just a big magical, crazy, hilarious, amazing, happy, friendly etc etc piece of music that made obsessed about him. it's tto hard to decribe how I feel. Mika cheers me up Mika make me feel great Mika is the best!

Grace Kelly - I love that song, if I could sing the way he does... But all day long always Grace Kelly and Grace Kelly, my parents get sick of this, but fortunately, I don't ;) Love the video to this one.

Lollipop - Maaaaaan, I love it xD Especially the second verse, don't really know why.

My interpretation - Love at first hearing. Lovely.

Love today - Shock, shock me xD My favourite moment :D And this dance in the video, mmm xD

Relax, take it easy - This was the first Mika's song I've ever heard. But really, I had no idea who the hell is Mika? I thought it's a band or group, something like that. The I saw GK and I found out that Mika is Mika xD But fell in love in this song.

Ring, ring - ...I never thought I would miss you... Awesome, but firstly I didn't like this song. It took a while before I loved it.

Any other world - I know I'm weird, but I don't really like this song. Maybe when I'll see the video I'll change my mind.

Billy Brown - YEAH! Absolutely lovely! One of his song I can sing without hoarse! Fabulous :)

Big Girl - That associates with the fitness club and aerobics, or with roller-skating club :P It's great!

Stuck in the middle - I think, it's the best song on the album. Especially the ending ^^ I like that: Ours is a family that’s based upon tradition mmm, lovely xD

Erase - Yes, yes, yes! The beautiful ballad... But never any song made me cry, so didn't that one. But it's heartbreakin'.

Happy ending - I love the choir in the chorus. And this beautiful Mika's voice... Love.

Satellite - That song calms me down. It's perfect after 9 pm :P

Grace kelly: To me it means Songs eventually will grow on you even if you hate it at first :thumb_yello:

Lollipop: It makes me remember that it made me and Lucy bestest friends after listening to that song

My Interpretation: Reminds me of when Leo broke up with me. I went to the beach and listened to that song 18 times

Love Today: My least favourite song of Mikas:cool:

Relax (Take it easy): The song I desperatly want to see live!:mf_lustslow:

Any other world: Lucy hates this song as it makes her cry

Billy Brown: The second song I heard from his album so this song is very special:blush-anim-cl:

Big Girl: Is my song. I'm big and I'm beautiful! oh yeah and I'm a girl:naughty:

Stuck in The Middle: My favourite song on the album

Happy Ending: It hyptomises my dog as when it plays she just puts her head down and sleeps:shocked:

Over my Shoulder: Scary song

Ring Ring: |Is so cool!

Grace Kelly

Lollipop

My Interpretation

Love Today

Relax (Take It Easy)

Ring Ring

Any Other World

Billy Brown

Stuck In The Middle

Erase

Happy Ending

Satellite

grace kelly: when i listen that, It reminds me the taratata show and the video

lollipop: it reminds me...myself! lol I love this song, now it's my hymne!

my interpretation: it reminds me the first time I've hear the album, it was the first song I've loved

love today: the official video!

relax: radio! the animator of NRJ med is called mika!

ring ring: my answering machine! lol

any other world: nothing in particular

billy brown: an interview of mika when he said when he walks in the street he see fat girls ans gay and not girls in underwears and big cars! XD

big girl: mc do! sorry but the beginning reminds me coca cola!

stuck in the middle: relation ship between brothers and sisters very original i know

erase: I haven't listen this song yet!

happy ending: sad moments

satellite: it reminds me night at the sea or stars things like that!

I am into his songs quite late. And I don't really into "Grace Kelly" right from the start cos I've been listening to those indie tunes for far too long. Until one day, universal sent his album to the restaurant where I work as a part time waitress. I took it home and listened to it like it is a "album".I mean doing nothing, head phones on, checking the lyrics and artworks...... I did this only to Mystery Jets' album last year and Patrick Wolf's this year. And I love it now! I can't tell my feelings exactly and I won't bother to tell. But probably I find my very own ego in the album. Especially when I listen to songs like my interpretation, stuck in the middle, happy ending/over my shoulder or even lollipop. I've been living in Ken ever since I came to London. I walk the walk in holland park, I go for films at the odeon on high street Ken, I borrow some books from Kensington library and I live in the basement flat. I saw Patrick Wolf once when I was out of Waitrose, he walked quietly and quickly like a ghost disappeared in the darkness of holland park. If I bump into Mika I'd say hi and invite him to tea or coffee.........got to see patrick the day after tomorrow but I'd rather catch Mika up in some small and nice venue but I'm afraid there's no chance now.

Why my reply gets sadder and sadder, yes, I laugh the laugh, talk the talk, but i'm sad from time to time.

grace kelly

fist mika song i heard, and i immediately loved it! it's still my fave song on the album, the cheerful melody makes me happy, and the line "why don't you like me without making me try?" is exactly how i felt as a teenager, because ppl at my school just didn't like me without giving me any chance. one of my friends said it's that kind of song you can hear only a certain amount of times and then you're fed up with it... but that's certainly not true for me! i once put it in a loop on my player and listened to it for 2 hours or so! :original: and i loved it even more after that, lol :wink2:

lollipop

erm... better not say in public what i associate with "lollipop", since i know what the song is about... :blush-anim-cl: and the song itself, it's nice, but what i especially came to like is the last verse, where mika speaks (instead of sings) the words, don't know why, i just like the way he speaks there.

my interpretation

just a really beautiful song... i love the piano sound and the melody... and it reminds me of the concert in munich, while he performed that song he looked at me a few times lol :original::wub2:

love today

at first i didn't like that song, but it's great live, makes you wanna dance and jump

billy brown & big girls

love the melody of those 2 songs, and i think it's great that mika writes about these things instead of the typical lovesongs you hear every day.

stuck in the middle

that's one of the few songs where i like the melody of the verses more than that of the chorus. but i love the whole song, with that staccato piano sound, that's just brilliant! and especially the part in the end with the piano and "ba-da-du-ba-da", sounds a bit like jazz music and just great!

happy ending

interesting idea to take the words "happy ending" to describe a not-happy ending... although i certainly prefer happy endings (in movies, books and real life), i like the song.

ring ring

great to dance to :original:

over my shoulder

usually i love ballads, but i don't really like this one, i prefer the happy songs, this one sounds so sad :wink2: also, i don't like his high voice in this one, although i absolutely love it in all his other songs.

Ring Ring-first song that I have listened to when I bought my iPod-it was ecstatic to hear Mika's voice bursting in my ears !

Erase-broken heart,I am afraid,made me cry once

Your sympathy-listening to it few days ago and it made me realize that I should start doing something and not just pitty myself

Love Today-pure filth:naughty: gets me in mood for something,ehm...

Grace Kelly always remind me on the woman who gives me drama-lessons. I can do anything I want, but she never thinks it's good enough.

And in all other drama-classes, I can act pretty okay.

But she makes me feel ARHHG.

Love Today reminds me to being in love. xD

Billy Brown reminds me to a friend. Who also 'fall in love with another man'. First he was totally refused. Now he has a boyfriend. Pretty cute.

Big Girl, makes me think about a friend who always thinks she's to fat. (SHE ISN'T!) It makes me a bit angry..

Happy Ending, wow. I know the feeling... It''s bad.

Grace Kelly

Lollipop

My Interpretation

Love Today

Relax (Take It Easy)

Ring Ring

Any Other World

Billy Brown

Stuck In The Middle

Erase

Happy Ending

Satellite

be imaginative.

My Interpretation

Love Today : great day on the beach with all my friends

Relax (Take It Easy) :i learned 2 rive on that song :)

Ring Ring

Any Other World :really sad, makes me cry

Billy Brown :best gay song eveeer

Stuck In The Middle

Erase :reminds me of myself

Happy Ending

Satellite