Mika's Tartan Trousers!

kath

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But he didn't seem bothered about divulging, and Mika didn't seem bothered that we had asked Martin! No, sorry, I am being naughty..........Martin just used his judgement and he certainly is close enough to mika to have a good idea.............and i am tying myself in knots here.............just shut up Kath!

It was probably an educated guess - or he just looked at the labels in Mika's trousers!! My brother is 6'4'' and his inside leg is 34'' - but he did point out he would neither model nor wear tartan trousers!!! (but he was pleased for us that Mika did!!)

Good point Wendi, I never thought of that............looking at the labels! He ceratinly answered the message very quickly so I didn't assume he had had much time to do much detective work! I have to say though when I look at the fit I am pretty impressed myself! When I remember my mum making clothes for peole it always seemed to involve lots of trying on and adjustments. It seems incredible that we got it right without any of that! Mind you, only Mika knows the truth............they may well have been crippling him!

Do you remember Wendi, when we had tacked the two back bits together and much to our amazement one of the pockets was way out of line with the other one!? And we all just stood there scratching our heads as we couldn't imagine how that had happened!

yeah go martin!!!! he gave us the right information to present to the world mika in taran trousers!!!!!! he should get the nobel peace prize. if mika had appeared without the trousers on because they where too big or too small , i'm sure chaos would have ensued.....amybe even all out war

If they had been that "nippy" a fit I dont think we would have got the "Kerchinggggggg" at the end - more of a yelp!! :roftl: :roftl:

True! uoh.............the very thought! Poor Mika! He wouldn't have kept them on afterwards though would he!

Do you remember Wendi, when we had tacked the two back bits together and much to our amazement one of the pockets was way out of line with the other one!? And we all just stood there scratching our heads as we couldn't imagine how that had happened!

I remember well - I also sewed too far round on the front pocket, and had to unpick it!!! There were times during that day when I seriously doubted whether we could finish it - but our hearts made up for the lack of ability.

I am going to post the short video I took at the beginning of the trouser day. I will put it on myspace as I dont think I could get it here!!

yeah go martin!!!! he gave us the right information to present to the world mika in taran trousers!!!!!! he should get the nobel peace prize. if mika had appeared without the trousers on because they where too big or too small , i'm sure chaos would have ensued.....amybe even all out war

This is very true indeed! However, much as Mika without trousers is an interesting thought indeed, I think, on balance, given the choice of Mika in Tartan trousers or Mika without trousers, I would go for the tartan!

I remember well - I also sewed too far round on the front pocket, and had to unpick it!!! There were times during that day when I seriously doubted whether we could finish it - but our hearts made up for the lack of ability.

I am going to post the short video I took at the beginning of the trouser day. I will put it on myspace as I dont think I could get it here!!

Yes.............and at the end of the day when GITB sewed up the fly!

That will be great Wendi, looking forward to seeing it

This is very true indeed! However, much as Mika without trousers is an interesting thought indeed, I think, on balance, given the choice of Mika in Tartan trousers or Mika without trousers, I would go for the tartan!

Reluctantly I have to agree - there has to be SOME mystery about him after all!! :sneaky2::naughty:

he might have just been being his usual nice guy.

yes, and I am sure that he DID put them on to please us (which was lovely of him) but if he seriously thought they were utter crap, or if they really didn't fit, he would have taken them off as soon as he leftthe stage, he would not have left the building in them half an hour latter

yeah i'm inclined to agree with that. mind you, mika says he has no problem with his undies........but i suppose it would be a bit harder for him to do his wonderful dancing with only undies on!!!

yes, and I am sure that he DID put them on to please us (which was lovely of him) but if he seriously thought they were utter crap, or if they really didn't fit, he would have taken them off as soon as he leftthe stage, he would not have left the building in them half an hour latter

I wonder if anyone has pictures of the after show party - I would love to see them - and just think - he would have been telling people where he got them as well!! :wub2:

Reluctantly I have to agree - there has to be SOME mystery about him after all!! :sneaky2::naughty:

Well, I don't know about that! I just meant............we really wanted to see him in the tartan!

yeah i'm inclined to agree with that. mind you, mika says he has no problem with his undies........but i suppose it would be a bit harder for him to do his wonderful dancing with only undies on!!!

You are right..............that really isn't a very pleasant thought!

Well girls, it has been lovely having this little nostalgic wallow this afternoon! Thank you very much! However, I have to return to real life tomorrow and go to work so I suppose I had better go and think about what I might wear and what I am going to feed the family tonight and other such things!

Bye for now, take care x