Mika & the Italian Press - 2007

Mika-holic

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Super rusty Italian, my dad tried to teach me aaaages ago but I'm such an awful student!

The article was great, I didn't quite get this part:

Adesso ritengo sia giusto porre dei paletti precisi oltre cui nessuno deve andare. Ho delle priorità per adesso: la musica. Voglio cercare di concentrarmi e capire dove voglio andare. E' pur vero che in passato ero più libero, è capitato che uscissi ubriaco di notte dai locali. Ma oggi non lo faccio più: ho delle responsabilità verso il mio pubblico. Magari un giorno cambierò idea e vi parlerò della mia vita privata".

Poles? Something to do with his private life? Being responsible to his audience?

Thank you for linking us with the article Mika-holic! :)

Something like that's the priority now, the music

Something about concentrating? and knowing where he wants to go?

And something about talking about his private life?

My Italian was never great, and now it's not great and rusty. :sneaky2:

this calls for an online translator!!! :thumb_yello:

(they wont be very accurate, it probably wont make sense, but it'll make more sense than this foreign mumbo-jumbo for us non-italians!!! ...even tho im quater italian..im so ashamed)

LINK NUMBER ONE FROM AN ONLINE ITALIAN TRANSLATOR

ATTENTION: IT DOESN'T MAKE MUCH SENSE, BUT YOU GET THE JIST...MAYBE APART FROM THE ODD ONE OR TWO UNTRANSLATED ITALIAN WORDS. BUT HEY, I TRIED

To single 23 years it is tax in music like "phenomenon". MIKA has been noticed through Internet ("my music is stranger to the conception of the Major") and has depopulated with the single "Grace Kelly" scaling the hit world-wide. No vezzo from artist outside from the lines, po' late-comer, but educated, kind and sorridente. Therefore we have known MIKA, succeeding also in chiedergli because it never does not speak about its sexuality. Mika (Infophoto) "Hello! They are MIKA an alcoholic of the POP!". The premises for a frizzante encounter with At all Penniman (are its true name) were all. And the fact is pardoned also that has arrived with nearly an hour of delay to the appointment. Jeans adherent celestial, shirt white woman, with "handicraft" necklaces in which they enunciate various "cimeli" between which a small pupazzo of pezza. But MIKA is therefore, colored, like its musical world. Amette that has been difficult to enter in the world of music. "I wanted ritagliar a small space in the POP, but that it was only mine - it explains -. In bottom they are like one scato it in which there is my personality, but also my colors and mine sound". Nobody but wanted to listen to it and of doors sluices in face of it it has received several. Then thanks to Myspace and the passaparola "Grace Kelly" have begun to become a tormentone cult. For this MIKA it does not send to say who to them previously has refused it: "Today the record houses puntanto only on the sure one". Archiviato "the professional" argument we try to more understand something of the phenomenon than which many operating ones of the fields speak. For its falsetto someone has scomodato the comparison with Freddie Mercury. MIKA is not decomposed: "But normal what is one assolutamene to put to comparison artists with other artists. Freddie is a myth, but it is exaggerated to compare to us ". The tabloid English they drive crazy because want to more know some on its sexual guideline, is or it is not gay? "people accusation often saying that I do not only speak to me about me because I am having happened also in the USA", had declared to a situated one. "For hour they are a lot concentrated on my music explains to us - it is useless that she gives in meal in overed-measure way to the public. Now I think is right to place of the precise small poles beyond which nobody it must go. I have now of the priorities in order: music. I want to try to concentrate and to understand to me where I want to go. Also true E' that in past I was freer, is capitato that you exited drunk of night from the premises. But today I do not make it more: I have of the responsibilities towards my public. A day I will even change idea and I will speak you about my private life ". And in order to understand of something in more enough reading to the text of "Billy Brown", contained in its album of debut "Life in to cartoon motion". A man has a calm life with moglie and sons, but a beautiful day decides to abandon all and all in order to escape in Mexico with... a man. The text is clear and still more the declaration that the singer has made during its concert to the Alcatraz the end of the execution of this brano: "Task that to Billy piacciano Brown I SAY". Closed sexual argument. MIKA has then told of its infancy: "Before in Lebanese, then in France to Paris and finally to London". It continues movements because of the war in Lebanese and of the rapimento of the father American, a rich banker. To London but its passion for the music bursts, in which it is sheltered to cause also of the dislessia. Then to 18 years it knocks to the record houses with the demo in hand, uselessly, and writes therefore of jet its first song "Grace Kelly", j' accusations in the comparisons of the Major. MIKA, after to have conquered 3mila fan I noticed to the Alcatraz, will be to the Arezzo Wave in summer for one new Italian stage and also in order to introduce its next single one that presumablly will be "Love Today".

LINK NUMBER 2

There will be a reason for which the concert of Mika to Milan it has had to change three location, leaving from the narrow Department stores them, passing for the capiente Limelight and ending to the Alcatraz, where thursday 12 you open them has recorded the sold out. And a reason because 23enne the singer anglo-franc-libanese has collected a heterogenous public, from urlanti children ye-ye to mature ready thirty-forty year periods will be pure to get loose itself. MIKA Because he is simple simple: leaving from the Beatles, Mika embraces all scene POP of last the forty years: rielabora, it cites and it stirs the best of the mainstream not displeasing nobody. And it appeals to. To the concert, between one sculettata and the other, because with its songs a lot is danced, it becomes nearly a game to more recognize the inspirations or little smaccate of its cd of debut, "Life in to cartoon motion". All find us of all. Beyond to the Fab Four, Abba, Bee Gees, Queen, Police, Elton John, Wham! and George Michael, new wave and new romantic years ' 80 (Omd, Jimmy Sommerville and the Bronski beat, Frankie goes to Hollywood), Kid as an example even Creole & the Coconuts. Just in order to cite of only some. E' a cunning fellow insomma, but an honest cunning fellow, because the first one to say to inspire itself to music that appeals to to it is just he, than it is thought honored of pompous comparisons therefore much, that one with Freddie Mercury in primis. And then the voice is, sure falsetti is indeed from brividi. Mika has 23 years, is the photography of a generation that riscoprendo music with which greater mother, papà and siblings have grown and that just to greater mother, papà and siblings ago to live again the spensierati moments of the adolescence. Insomma, is a adhesive between who is still is Peter Pan and who the complex of Peter Pan if the door behind. Its songs are a fresh gasata drink, come down down with the pleasure that provokes a brivido frizzante. There is solo to enjoy them, little to discuss of. In its from Milan evening it has introduced pieces of its cd, is launch in a cover therefore therefore of "Everybody' s talkin'" of Harry Nilsson, that one of the sonorous column of "a man from sidewalk", spiazzando who even expected a rifacimento than something more in tuning with its POP. Great end before with its manifesto "Grace Kelly", therefore return on the dressed theater box with "Lollypop", in a tripudio of balloons, coriandoli and with Mika and members of its band from pupazzoni of the cartoon. Because, exactly, the life is in a film to animated cardboards. And Mika, like main actor, is decidedly perfect.

Thank you very much for posting those links Mika-holic and for the translation CazGirl (which somebody from italy or an italian speaker should maybe glance over to prevent us from misunderstandings according to our individual interpretations :wink2: )

"Also true E' that in past I was freer, is capitato that you exited drunk of night from the premises. But today I do not make it more: I have of the responsibilities towards my public."

I hope that this doesn't mean that he will now stop having fun because of our odd "Does he drink??? Shock-shock :shocked: " thread :blink:

OMG the first mentions OUR NECKLACE, the one we gave him after the concert!!!

it means only one thing: the interview was recorded after the concert and....he really likes it, and is going to wear it!!!:wub2:

i cant believe it, sure!:wub2:

OMG the first mentions OUR NECKLACE, the one we gave him after the concert!!!

it means only one thing: the interview was recorded after the concert and....he really likes it, and is going to wear it!!!:wub2:

i cant believe it, sure!:wub2:

what does he actually say about the necklace? the translation I posted is a very awful translation LOL

oh, the interviewer simply says what he was wearing, including 'an handcraft necklace, from which some curious trophies are hanging, among which a little reg-doll stands out'...this is Avoca's pendant, no doubt, i know perfectly, i assembled it all!!!

OMG omg OMG:shocked:

oh, the interviewer simply says what he was wearing, including 'an handcraft necklace, from which some curious trophies are hanging, among which a little reg-doll stands out'...this is Avoca's pendant, no doubt, i know perfectly, i assembled it all!!!

Congrats! *claps*

reg doll... hehehehehehheheheheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :roftl: :roftl:

OMG, I cannot believe this! it's all so surreal, isn't it darling? :blush-anim-cl:

It's ok CazGirl...and yes it doesn't make much sense in some parts!

So I'll try to translate it for you

(I'm not sure it'll make much more sense anyway..:naughty: )

"I'm Mika,the alcholist of pop"

He's only 23 years old but he's the new music's "phenomenon".Mika has been noticed through Internet ("my music is a stranger to the concept of majors") and has achieved success with the single "Grace Kelly" getting to the top of the world hits.

No affettactions of the artist outside of the lines, a little bit late-comer,but nice,kind and cheerful.So we got to know Mika,and we even menaged to ask him why he doesn't talk about his sexuality.

"Hi! I'm Mika,an alcholist of pop!"

The premises for a sparkling meeting with Mica Penniman (this is his true name) there were all.

And it can be forgiven also the fact that he has arrived an hour later to the appointment.

Tight light blue jeans,white shirt and hand-made necklaces with some "relics" such as a ragdoll.

But this is Mika,as colored as his music.

He admits that it has been difficult to enter in the world of music.

"I wanted to have my own space in pop music-he explains-You know,I'm like a box where there's my personality but also my colours and my sound."

Nobody wanted to listen to him,and he has collected several failures.

And then,thanks to MySpace,"Grace Kelly" has become a cult-song.

That's why Mika doesn't hesitate to talk to those who had refused him.

"Nowdays it's only a matter of money"

I've made my own interpration of these words.He was referring to the majors and people that didn't accept his music.

After the "professional" subject , we try to understand more of the phenomenon of which everybody talk.

For his falsetto he has been compared to Freddie Mercury but Mika doesn't get upset: "Comparing artists is a normal thing.Freddie is a genius/myth but comparing me to him it's exaggerated."

English tabloids are getting crazy because they want to know more about his sexuality:is he gay or not?

"People tell me that I don't say much about me because I'm having success also in USA-he declared to a site. "Now I'm concentrating on my music,there's no utility in exposing myself to the public.I think I have to decide what people have to know and what they don't have to. (Another of my interpretations)

My music is my priority now.I want to concentrate and understand where I want to go.It's true,in the past I had more freedom,I went to bars and sometimes it has happened that I got drunk.But I don't do it anymore:I have responsabilities toward my public."

And if you want to understand something more you only have to read the lyrics of "Billy Brown",contained in his debut album,LICM.

A man has an ordinary life,kids and wife but one day he decides to give up everything and escape to Mexico with.....a man.

The meaning is clear and the declaration he made at the end of the song during the Alcatraz concert,it's even clearer:

"I think Billy Brown likes DICO!"

like saying PACSin spanish but there are lots of differences.But they won't approve this law here,I'm afraid.

That's the end of the "sexual" subject.

Mika then told us about his childhood."At the beginning in Libano,then in France in Paris and finally in London."

A lot of removals because of the Gulf War and of the kidnapping of his father,a rich american banker.

In London it began his passion for music,also because of his dyslexia.

Then,18 years old,he tries to be accepted by the Majors but he doesn't succed so he writes "Grace Kelly",a "J'accuse" for those who had refused him.

After having conquered 3 thoousand fans who came to the Alcatraz to see him,Mika will be again in Italy on July 19th,for Italia Wave,and to present his new single which,probably,will be "Love Today".

"It's true,in the past I had more freedom,I went to bars and sometimes it has happened that I got drunk.But I don't do it anymore:I have responsabilities toward my public."

WTF?? OMG, I hope not that this means 'NO MORE CONFESSIONS VIDEOS' !! :shocked:

WTF?? OMG, I hope not that this means 'NO MORE CONFESSIONS VIDEOS' !! :shocked:

LMAO. He's allowed to get drunk sometimes, I doubt he's gonna give it up altogether. Besides, that confessions video is funny i'd love to see more :D

who reckons he may have seen our "is mika drinking?" thread? LOL

LMAO. He's allowed to get drunk sometimes, I doubt he's gonna give it up altogether. Besides, that confessions video is funny i'd love to see more :D

who reckons he may have seen our "is mika drinking?" thread? LOL

Seriously, I really hope that this is not the cause and me too, I love the confessions video!!!! I don't think that it is so far-fetched that he or his ppl have read the thread and drawn some odd conclusions.

I really don't like the thought that he feels he has to change his personality to keep up giving a good example to his underaged fans :shocked:

Seriously, I really hope that this is not the cause and me too, I love the confessions video!!!! I don't think that it is so far-fetched that he or his ppl have read the thread and drawn some odd conclusions.

I really don't like the thought that he feels he has to change his personality to keep up giving a good example to his underaged fans :shocked:

lol! everyones gonna get drunk at least once anyway! and it's not as if he's out doing a bender or whatever it's called all the time, or partying all the time, or doing drugs!