raha!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Indeed I have!! :thumb_yello::naughty:

I have no idea what the English may pole dance is.. but yes the pole we dance around is known as the may pole (majstång) haha

We sing this song as we dance like frogs if anyone wanted to know :D:

(This is in oldfashioned Swedish)

"Små grodorna, små grodorna,

är lustiga att se, X2

ej öron, ej öron,

ej svansa hava de, X2

kooooacka-ka koacka-ka,

koacka-ka-ka-kah" (dunno how that last part spells like but it's supposed to be a frog sound :D)

"[the] small frogs, [the] small frogs,

are funny to watch, X2

no ears, no ears,

no tails do they have, X2

*sound of frogs*"

:D

NORWAY!!!!!!

i said the exact same thing about esperia a while ago.

it's true.

you should be a poet. :blush-anim-cl:

:)

Too much kind.

My english is not smooth and certain, i write you always with WordReference.com opened :bleh:

One of my dreams is to write novels and tales.

I've desisted from it. It was because of Mika (I don't know why exactly the way)that I've began again to dream :wub2:

I'm from new york..suburbs unfortunately. My highschool is absolutley HUMONGOUS, there's actually a prison somewhere in chicago, that is exactyl the same as my highschool. monroe woodbury-state champs may i add, muahaha.

If you know where the woodbury commons is, that's basically around where i live.

people come from all over to shop there, so i dont really know if that helps,haha.

it's pretty boring, but i'm 30min from nyc, so it's allll gooood. ;]

:)

Too much kind.

My english is not smooth and certain, i write you always with WordReference.com opened :bleh:

One of my dreams is to write novels and tales.

I've desisted from it. It was because of Mika (I don't know why exactly the way)that I've began again to dream :wub2:

oh me too :bleh: when it comes to french, i sometimes have to whip out the online dictionary to phrase everything...

but your thoughts, your metaphors- it's inspiring. :)

even if you don't go into writing as a profession you should deffo pursue it as a passion.

i'm sure mika would be proud! and we would have been your first readers :P

[...]

i'm sure mika would be proud! and we would have been your first readers :P

I would be honoured :wub2:

Maybe one day I'll write something for you all, my virtual family :)

I said to Mika by PM message on myspace, in Febraury, in what way he has changed my life... :wub2:

so i guess i shall add to this massive thread. (which i luv reading cuz i luv learning about different places).

So i live in the state of Pennyslvania in the United States of America. Fun fact about Pennsylvania is we have a city called "Lebanon"....weird thing is, the people in this state have what we call a "pennsylvania dutch accent" & they pronounce "Lebanon" as "Leban-in". I still get corrected for saying "Leban-ON" lol. (cuz im not orginally from pennsylvania). Pennsylvania is home to the "philly cheesesteak" which is basically a sub-type sandwhich filled w/yummy steak & cheese. Oh & u know the movie "Rocky"? yeah that city where he lives, Philadelphia, yeah thats here too. lol.

So other U.S. states i've lived in are California, Arizona, Texas, & Virginia. & i lived in Japan for 3years when i was little. (the life of a military brat. haha).

Umm what else? oh well i speak English (obviously) but i can "parle un peu de francais".

Hmm, which culture to choose?

Chilean, si? Alrighty then I can start with we have bland but great food, a hugely European influenced culture namely by the countries of Spain, Italy and Germany. We love our wine! Erm... There is, unfortunately, huge class separation and discrimination. Oh, and our futbol team hardly deserves mention. We are horrendous futbol players but can give anyone a run for their money in tennis ^_^ And Argentina is our biggest rival country. haha Thats it for now =D

oo yay another chilean!!!! Well, i was born in america, and my parents are both all chilean pretty much, except theres some german in them and in me!!

So yeah, yo soy chilena, nasio en los estados unidos, y tengo un poco de german en mi sangre!!! i dont know if i said that right, im not really fluent, so yeah!! Im proud of what i am, o and im also catholic!:thumb_yello: o and i agree that we suck at futbol shontih! and i love our food, i could eat it all the time!!! <3 O and yes we have REALLY good tennis players, especially Masu and Gonzales, and they are SO HOT too!! hehe

oo yay another chilean!!!! Well, i was born in america, and my parents are both all chilean pretty much, except theres some german in them and in me!!

So yeah, yo soy chilena, nasio en los estados unidos, y tengo un poco de german en mi sangre!!! i dont know if i said that right, im not really fluent, so yeah!! Im proud of what i am, o and im also catholic!:thumb_yello: o and i agree that we suck at futbol shontih! and i love our food, i could eat it all the time!!! <3 O and yes we have REALLY good tennis players, especially Masu and Gonzales, and they are SO HOT too!! hehe

especially gonzales :mf_lustslow: I really like the way he plays too

hm ok so another random tidbit about the indian culture.

we have something called IST- indian standard time :roftl:.........

indian families always arrive 1-3 hours late at functions, always! when my parents plan family parties, they tell everyone to come an hour earlier than they know they'll actually come. :P

and whenever one family is leaving another family's house, here is the typical situation.

mom- calls kids down from whatever they're doing- "ok we're leaving now! kids, we gotta go home!"

so the kids come, put on their shoes and wait patiently...just to see both sets of parents chatting with each other in the foyer for another hour. with their shoes on.

and if the kids dare to go back up to play, mom stops them in their tracks:

"where do you think you're going? we're in the middle of leaving!"

indian families always arrive 1-3 hours late at functions, always! when my parents plan family parties, they tell everyone to come an hour earlier than they know they'll actually come. :P

and whenever one family is leaving another family's house, here is the typical situation.

mom- calls kids down from whatever they're doing- "ok we're leaving now! kids, we gotta go home!"

so the kids come, put on their shoes and wait patiently...just to see both sets of parents chatting with each other in the foyer for another hour. with their shoes on.

hahaha ummm i think thats with most families not just indian families!! it happens with my family all the time. we end up staying for like an extra hour!

hahaha ummm i think thats with most families not just indian families!! it happens with my family all the time. we end up staying for like an extra hour!

haha, probably...my friend is egyptian and she says all egyptians are the same!

This thread is so interesting, it's nice to learn about other cultures from a different point of view than a tour book or a documentary but for the people actually living there from day to day !!! :thumb_yello:

haha that basically sums it up! that and of course hockey :thumb_yello:

I could I forget about hockey. It's a religion here. I heart it !

POUTINE = LOVE :mf_lustslow:

mmmmmm you're so right !!! When Mika comes back in Montréal someday my goal is to eat a poutine with him ! :naughty:

LOL I do this sometimes with hours, sometimes just minutes.

My clock in the car is always 6 minutes fast.

I had a meeting at 10am once and put it in my diary for 9.00am so I wouldn't be late, but forgot I had done this, so when I saw a 9.00am meeting, I thought that I would aim for 8.00am so's to be good and early, turning up for a 10.00am meeting at 8.00am :( drank lots of coffee while waiting!

Hallo folkens! Which means hello people. :das:

So, I'm from Norway. What's special about Norway? Well, I love the food and the beautiful nature. It doesnt snow all year, and icebears doesn't walk around in the streets. Just to clear that up. Haha. In the music scene, folksingers and rockbands are really popular. And metal of course. Norway is quite known for all the black metal bands. :punk:

I was in America some weeks ago and I was really suprised how outgoing people are there. In Norway people are really shy and won't really talk to strangers. Or even sit next to you on the bus. Haha, all people arent like that, but most people. :bleh:

In the summer, it is really really nice in Norway. The weather is usually great. Quite hot and sunny. But even when it rains, it is beautiful here. If you want to go to Norway, you should go to the south, in July or August.

17th of May is Norway's National Day. We dress up in something called a "bunad", and all the schoolchildren walks in a parade with Norwegian Flags. And we eat alot of icecream and have games. It's a really fun day. :blush-anim-cl:

What more shall I say? Hm, well..I can mention some of the most normal Norwegian food. "Kjøttkaker", which is almost like meatbolls. "Brunost" which is brown cheese. Okay, it sounds disguisting, but it is DELICIOUS. Haha. Something else that is really good is; "Fiskeboller" and "fiskekaker". It's made of fish, and it totally rules. Heheh.

That was alot about food, I know. Probably because I'm hungry. :biggrin2:

One other thing that is really popular here, is all the musicfestivals! I can mention; Quart, Hove, Slottsfjell, Øya, Norwegian Wood, Storås and alot more! All of the festivals is usually in the summer, and it is really really popular. You should really check it out:thumb_yello:

Well, that is really all I can think of right now. Hope I didn't bore you to death:bleh:

I'm from Belgium, a little country in the middle of Europe. Half of us speak Dutch, half French, and at the border with Germany a minority speak German. We are supposed to be at least bilingual (Dutch and French), and we all get lessons in English and German at school.

We are crazy about football too, but our National team doesn't do very well lately. (we once had a crazy goalkeeper called Jean-Marie Pfaff, who is very famous in Germany too:sorry:)

We are very good in tennis, especially women (Kim Clijsters, Justine Henin)

Our national food : French fries (we all think they should be called Belgian fries, because ours are so much better!) with mayonaise. We can eat it every day! And of course we have the world-famous Belgian chocolats! We don't have wine, but we have the best beer in the world (from Jupiler and Stella to specially brewed beer in old abbeys like Corsendonck, Westmalle...), and we drink it a lot...:beer:

And we love to party!:partytime2:

I'm totally with this post ;) Except for the french fries, they're not only better, NO, we INVENTED them, so they SHOULD be called Belgian fries.

I think they just took French fries so you have 2 times "fr' at the beginning of the words.

Also there are belgian wafles right? And brussel's sprouts lol, sorry for you guys that don't like it lol.

Another thing that's typical belgian is that we are somewhat reserved... I mean, we wouldn't just walk up to someone on the street and talk to them...

Well okay, if Mika would walk down the street I would def jump him but that's another story of course lol

CIAO!!!

I'm from ITALY...what can I say about my country?

I love Italy, because it has a great history and I love history!!! Anyway you go you can find something historical (I live in a little little city near Milan and we have ancient palaces and a Church built in 1200 and rebuilt in 1500...etc).

Of course we love to party every-time and every-where (sometimes we have alcoholic party in uny too ahahah) and use to go out on Saturday (I think that in other countries it's on friday...)

Italian people is very coloured and characteristic...in particolar in the South, but not all of us is kind and funny, of course...

Two Italian things are famous all over the world: our COOKING and FOOTBALL!!!

Yes, in Italy one of the most important thing is to eat and we are very critics...in particular about pasta, pizza and coffee...Cooking is an art for us :bleh:

About football... well, we are World Champion and football has a so great influence on us that, after our winning, people has been kindier and friendly for a pair of weeks :shocked:

We are famous for our F1 team FERRARI too, which I loved when Michael Schumacher was still driving...

I could write pages, but I don't want to annoy you anymore...anyway, to sum up, COME FIND ME IN ITALY!!! :wink2: