The Canadian Thread

sunshine931

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i knew you would be vegitarian just to make me look stupid and insenitive! my best friend is a vegitarian too...

No, no, don't worry! You didn't offend me or anything like that. You can mention meat all you want. Stuff like that doesn't bother me.:biggrin2:

There's nothing worse than someone laying a guilt-trip on you because you eat a certain food.

No, no, don't worry! You didn't offend me or anything like that. You can mention meat all you want. Stuff like that doesn't bother me.:biggrin2:

There's nothing worse than someone laying a guilt-trip on you because you eat a certain food.

i agreee completely! bjut you might have been offended...why dont you eat meat? cos your family doesnt, or cos you believe it's wrong

I'm a vegetarian because it's a healthier lifestyle for me personally. Also, I never really ate a whole lot of meat to begin with, so it wasn't as hard for me to give it up completely. And I loooves the tofu. Mmmm. :biggrin2:

i used to be- in asia i's dangerous to eat meat, so we just didnt. but i'm not now cos i really need the iron...im a bit on the skinny side :)

I'm good! Representin' western Canada! How's Ontario?

actualy I am representing easter CAN! ahahah but I am not in Ontario so I can't tell you how it is going there. But here in Quebec we are all fiiiiiine because the weather's fiiiine!!! finally!!

actualy I am representing easter CAN! ahahah but I am not in Ontario so I can't tell you how it is going there. But here in Quebec we are all fiiiiiine because the weather's fiiiine!!! finally!!

ammmmaaazinnnggg but too humid. hahah i always complain about the weather when its cold im like " i wish it was hot " when its hot im like " i wish it was cooler outside!! "

Calgary is cold and rainy! Stupid Calgary. And it's so dry here, (even when it's raining!) I feel like a snake shedding my skin. But, it's Stampede time again in a few weeks, so that should satisfy me.

Mika_Owns_Me - sorry about messing up your location! Glad to here it's good in Quebec! :punk:

Hey is anyone here from Vancouver? I've never been out of Australia in my life... but in just over a week I'm leaving for Vancouver for an International Choral Festival. I'm so excited!!!

Does anyone know what the weather is like there? I cannot handle cold at all!!! :roftl:

It's summer there at the moment though, isn't it!!

SOOOOO EXCITED!!!

Sorry to intrude on your thread...

Hey is anyone here from Vancouver? I've never been out of Australia in my life... but in just over a week I'm leaving for Vancouver for an International Choral Festival. I'm so excited!!!

Does anyone know what the weather is like there? I cannot handle cold at all!!! :roftl:

SOOOOO EXCITED!!!

You're not intruding! This is the Canadian thread. We take everyone.:biggrin2:

SOOOOO EXCITED!!!

You're not intruding at all!

Weather in Vancouver this time of year is about 22C for a daytime high. It can rain, but fortunately you won't get snowed on this time of year!

If you have time, check out Granville Island - it's sort of *the* place to be in Vancouver:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Granville_Island

I used to work right outside the Granville Island market for a music booking agent who also coordinated music for movies and television. They needed a busker for a film and my boss told me to go down to the market and get this guy that plays the sax there all the time.

I couldn't find him so I started asking around at the stalls and a girl told me he wasn't there that day but would be back tomorrow. I told her we needed him that day and she was so devastated for him. She couldn't believe he'd missed his big break.

They ended up using a musician from Spirit of the West for the part.

Anyway Vancouver is beautiful. You'll love it. It was quite dry in the summers when I lived there.

Thanks you guys... I can't wait!!!

22 sounds fine, I've been getting sort of mixed ideas about the temperature... people are saying "Oh.. they have hot summers in Vancouver!!" and then other people say "It's really cold even in summer coz its north" and I was like "What do I pack then?!!" 22C is about our Autumn over here.

Granville Island sounds so cool... I hope we have time to go there!! I have no idea what our schedule is like yet...

It's so cool coz Canada's been my favourite country since I was little, its so cool that our choir got asked to come!!

And I love love your accents. Hate the Aussie accent. I might have to steal one of yours while I'm there... :P

And I love love your accents. Hate the Aussie accent. I might have to steal one of yours while I'm there... :P

We have accents? Hehe. Almost everyone I know LOVES Aussie accents. G'day mate! Have you a jumper? *giggles, but in the nicest way possible*

Here's a linky to the forecast in case you want to check it before you go:

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/cabc0308/

Oh and fellow Canadians who watch MuchMusic - I was watching the Big Girl video, and I can't help but wonder what Ed the Sock will have to say about that video - or any of Mika's videos - on the next Fromage! It might be painful, but I'm quite confident it will be amusing :biggrin2:

We have accents? Hehe. Almost everyone I know LOVES Aussie accents. G'day mate! Have you a jumper? *giggles, but in the nicest way possible*

Here's a linky to the forecast in case you want to check it before you go:

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/cabc0308/

Oh and fellow Canadians who watch MuchMusic - I was watching the Big Girl video, and I can't help but wonder what Ed the Sock will have to say about that video - or any of Mika's videos - on the next Fromage! It might be painful, but I'm quite confident it will be amusing :biggrin2:

What are you talking aboot? Of course we have accents.:bleh:

It's already out in Canada? I wouldn't know, cause I don't have a TV

Golly, I have no internet connection for 4 days, and so much has happened. Aiyah!

lol... yeah 'aboot' and 'ay' are the Canadian famous words according to my friends... :biggrin2:

Love the G'day mate... I'll have to embrace that particularly when I get there to impress everybody will I?

Thanks for the weather page!! We had exactly the same temperature today here!!! That's so weird!! But it says it'll be warmer next week... Excellent. Still, I will have to pack a jumper!! :naughty: