Yeah Let's hope...the lebanese restaurants are great...very good atmosphere!! well i've never been to Syria, but I know a lot of ppl who had been there & they enjoyed it too, even they were a bit shoked by the way they drive :boxed: (it's worse than in Lebanon...better not imagine what it could be:blink: )

Anyway I think we have to start a culinary thread!!!:roftl:

but Jassissa , what is Ma2loube???

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Let's hope...the lebanese restaurants are great...very good atmosphere!! well i've never been to Syria, but I know a lot of ppl who had been there & they enjoyed it too, even they were a bit shoked by the way they drive :boxed: (it's worse than in Lebanon...better not imagine what it could be:blink: )

Anyway I think we have to start a culinary thread!!!:roftl:

but Jassissa , what is Ma2loube???

One of the few things I remember from my trip to Beirut (I was 3 years old) was the smell and noise of cars, one thing I don't like :thumbdown:

Haha I don't mind a culinary thread *rubs hands* :bleh:

Ma2loube is basically rice with fried veggies like eggplant, garlic, paprica, potatoe and some put meat/ chicken in it.

Love it, asked my mother to make it tomorrow :naughty:

Goddddd you're making me feel hungry!!!! :)

I can't eat Baba Gannouj cos I became allergic to aubergines and I really miss them.

OK, so, ur all familiar with Lebanese and Middle Eastern food.... what's ur favourite??

Hehehe, count me in for a culinary thread! Syria is amazing in every way. But driving is terrible, that is true: Damascenes call their main square "Oh My God Square" due to what English turists say whenever they have to cross it or take a taxi:roftl:

"Oh My God Square" :lmao: great!!!

mmm my favourite meals: la7em b3ajin, méné'ish 3al sajj, chawerma, chich tawouk:wub2: :wub2: :wub2: this is the most common ones that I love the most & missed a loot!!

btw I love ALMAZA (always remember the ad: almaza beterfa3 el rass :naughty: )

& lebanese ice cream are the best:thumb_yello:

Well I think if I continue like this, I won't sleep tonight :bleh:

*going to the kitchen*

hehehe nice discussion !! :roftl: i like Taboolé...all the mehché from warak enab to koussa and of course i like the rice with chiken or the chawarma mmmmm :naughty: i also like fattooch , baba ghannouj and mjaddara :naughty: :naughty: i like everything....really there's not a single kind of food that i don't like....

I also read somewhere that the grace kelly video was filmed in mika's parents home in london :naughty: so the food we see there must be lebanese food it was so colourful :naughty: typical lebanese....

Goddddd you're making me feel hungry!!!! :)

I can't eat Baba Gannouj cos I became allergic to aubergines and I really miss them.

OK, so, ur all familiar with Lebanese and Middle Eastern food.... what's ur favourite??

Haha, yeah you get hungry! I looooove aubergines, and other veggies for that matter :wink2:

not that familiar with lebanese/arabic food, know some of them, but I love food that isn't swedish. But when you say middle eastern do you also mean iranian?? :blush-anim-cl:

cuz, that I know, very well! love to eat it and cook it :naughty:

but my mum is really amazing at cooking, so it is a shame for me to do it, and waste the food... :bleh:

anyway, how are you doing Lara? is it getting any better?

YUMMY! Hehe, I don't know if I could pick a favorite. I talk about this way too much! I think I've eaten more Dolmas than any other lebanese food, ummm.... I love lehmagenes and guyas (cookies). I don't know if those are really, really lebanese or more armenian. I'll stop now.

How is everyone? I've got a half-day at school today so I'll be on later. Ciao! Hope you all have a nice beginning-of-the-weekend!

I also read somewhere that the grace kelly video was filmed in mika's parents home in london :naughty: so the food we see there must be lebanese food it was so colourful :naughty: typical lebanese....

Yes that's what I was thinking, it was one of the first things I asked about in this thread :roftl: That food on the piano looks delicious, yea typically lebanese :biggrin2:

Oh I love the idea of Mika sitting down on a big table with his whole family digging in on all the delicious lebfood :wub2::naughty:

Hard to say only one favourite, I like almost all Arabic-Lebanese meals:naughty: Perhaps hummus and taboule are a favourite, and also shwarma 'arabi (I've never had a yummier one than those at the tiny spot near Al-Nawfara, behind the Omayad Mosque in Old Damascus, with its tum sauce and all). Also knafe and sesame biscuits... I'm hungry again!!:bleh:

What's shishbarak?? Bet it's yummy and I want to try it!!

It's almost like um.. you know chinese dumpling..... like dough stuffed with meat and onion and then boiled in yoghurt with garlic....I'm bad at explaining but it's really good and you eat it with rice :thumb_yello:

Ooooh! Shishbarak!! I just told mom to make it for tomorrow's lunch! YUM! :biggrin2:

Yeah it so is *rubs tummie* And you can just demand food from your mum right? *LOL* Mine was suppose to do ma2loube today and guess what.....she ordered PIZZA :thumbdown::roftl::naughty:

Yeah it so is *rubs tummie* And you can just demand food from your mum right? *LOL* Mine was suppose to do ma2loube today and guess what.....she ordered PIZZA :thumbdown::roftl::naughty:

your Mum isn't really up to cooking is she?

why don't you do it??

It's almost like um.. you know chinese dumpling..... like dough stuffed with meat and onion and then boiled in yoghurt with garlic....I'm bad at explaining but it's really good and you eat it with rice :thumb_yello:

Oh! So it's that! Then I have tried it and I do love it. :naughty: Thanks for the explanation, it was crystal clear:thumb_yello: Gosh, I'm sooooo hungry now.

Bombs? I've heard nothing. Is everybody ok? Lara? How is the situation now? This is a nightmare!!! I send you all my love and inconditional support always.

your Mum isn't really up to cooking is she?

why don't you do it??

Because I can't do that dish :thumbdown: But I'm really the cook in the house :biggrin2:

Oh! So it's that! Then I have tried it and I do love it. :naughty: Thanks for the explanation, it was crystal clear:thumb_yello: Gosh, I'm sooooo hungry now.

Bombs? I've heard nothing. Is everybody ok? Lara? How is the situation now? This is a nightmare!!! I send you all my love and inconditional support always.

I'm glad that I could explain it to you, really love it :thumb_yello:

okay, maybe you could learn. I love cooking, it's fun. bet you're good :wink2:

Yes I can do it almost but not by myself, and I personally *not bragging* think I'm good at cooking :biggrin2: You're good at what you love, right?! :bleh: