Mika @ Nokia Theater - New York City

Yoppappop

The soundcheck is usually like 7:30 to 8, during the show, and they do little cuts for commercials, and he performs 2 or 3 songs for about 10 minutes, at 8:50 or so. I've been for a few artists. Pharrell and Kanye West stayed for like, 40 minutes afte the show and did a ton of songs, just for the fans and that was a big deal, like a big treat. They just basically performed every N.E.R.D. song, new songs off his album in the soundcheck, etc. Most artists just do 2 or 3. 3 if you're lucky. But that's amazing, either way with Mika, I'd go if he just went on stage and walked off. Anyway, my point is, that's the set up of the show.

Since you've been to shows there before...what time do you think is good to get there?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's about a 45 minute train ride from Long Island for me and Mikaontheweb. Bahh I wanna get there as early as possible! I don't want to miss sound checks and all that <3

hey what about me! im your friend too!

The soundcheck is usually like 7:30 to 8, during the show, and they do little cuts for commercials, and he performs 2 or 3 songs for about 10 minutes, at 8:50 or so. I've been for a few artists. Pharrell and Kanye West stayed for like, 40 minutes afte the show and did a ton of songs, just for the fans and that was a big deal, like a big treat. They just basically performed every N.E.R.D. song, new songs off his album in the soundcheck, etc. Most artists just do 2 or 3. 3 if you're lucky. But that's amazing, either way with Mika, I'd go if he just went on stage and walked off. Anyway, my point is, that's the set up of the show.

That's so exciting! Did they do Meet and Greets?

Do you think MIKA will? I'm praying..haha

It's completely different for every artist, but people don't get there super early, and for Mika I think it would be okay. I have to get on an hour and a half train ride, so if somebody could save me a spot (since I'm helping y'all out now, and because you love me anyway :P) I wouldd die of love for you. Anyone? Pleaaaasseeee.

They don't have Meet and Greets set up, there usually isn't a way to get around. Everything is all fenced in.

They don't have Meet and Greets set up, there usually isn't a way to get around. Everything is all fenced in.

Dammmmmmn. But Mika loves New York! Maybe he'll make special arrangements for us all to get breakfast and tea with him =]

It would probably be a good idea to have all of us from the MFCers get together... like to form our own little section in the crowd. This would

a) help us stay away from pushy people

b) get us a good location in front of the stage

c) make us easier to see for Mika, Jerry, whoever

--Jack

It would probably be a good idea to have all of us from the MFCers get together... like to form our own little section in the crowd. This would

a) help us stay away from pushy people

b) get us a good location in front of the stage

c) make us easier to see for Mika, Jerry, whoever

--Jack

i agree Jack...I wanted to chit chat with ppl at the MFC at Nokia...but I didn't recongize anybody...except for ThatPinkSock and her gang...

i agree Jack...I wanted to chit chat with ppl at the MFC at Nokia...but I didn't recongize anybody...except for ThatPinkSock and her gang...

we were very recognizable....with the face paint and hair dye and everything...

But yea, we should have a MFC section @ the show.

i saw u guys and got very excited...i really should have gone over an introduced myself!

Omg you should totally have come up to us! We're not scary, don't worry <3 Well, lovetoday is scary but the rest of us are ok. Ima be the one with redish hair! I dyed it today.. permanently as opposed to the temp red for Nokia. ahh!

Omg you should totally have come up to us! We're not scary, don't worry <3 Well, lovetoday is scary but the rest of us are ok. Ima be the one with redish hair! I dyed it today.. permanently as opposed to the temp red for Nokia. ahh!

yeah...i know...i was gonna, really I was...

i saw you guys and kind of laughed to myself "I knew they were gunna b the first on line!"

but we had to move...and get a gud spot on line...there was traffic on the G.W so we were alittle late...i know for next time to get there 6 HOURS EARLY!

yeah...i know...i was gonna, really I was...

i saw you guys and kind of laughed to myself "I knew they were gunna b the first on line!"

but we had to move...and get a gud spot on line...there was traffic on the G.W so we were alittle late...i know for next time to get there 6 HOURS EARLY!

You should! The wait wasn't that bad.. well.. we prolly coulddah gotten there 4 hours in advance as opposed to 6 and still been around the same spot but yeah. Time flew by because it was time dedicated to Mika!!

You should! The wait wasn't that bad.. well.. we prolly coulddah gotten there 4 hours in advance as opposed to 6 and still been around the same spot but yeah. Time flew by because it was time dedicated to Mika!!

YEAH I SHOULD HAVE I FEEL BAD NOW!

u guys were all dress up...u looked great!

the wait would never b bad before a Mika Anything...I got there super early for Borders...I had a blast waiting...and it was a beautiful March day...like 72 degrees...

and I was like

MIKA CAME TO N.Y AND IT GOT ALL WARM OUTSIDE!!!

and when he left...i left for freakin tennesse...and was really depressed...

edit: we should plan this whole Mika get togther thing...so we can all b by eachother and away from freakin pushers...god that was annoying

YEAH I SHOULD HAVE I FEEL BAD NOW!

u guys were all dress up...u looked great!

the wait would never b bad before a Mika Anything...I got there super early for Borders...I had a blast waiting...and it was a beautiful March day...like 72 degrees...

and I was like

MIKA CAME TO N.Y AND IT GOT ALL WARM OUTSIDE!!!

and when he left...i left for freakin tennesse...and was really depressed...

edit: we should plan this whole Mika get togther thing...so we can all b by eachother and away from freakin pushers...god that was annoying

The push was strange. My friends and I were MOLESTED by really drunk really gay guys. Their hands were everywhere =[

CartoonKellyGreen!! You better introduce yourself on the 10th!!! Ha...I introduced myself to the whole crew standing in front of the line! It was great!!

Like I said before guys...it was great to meet you!

CartoonKellyGreen!! You better introduce yourself on the 10th!!! Ha...I introduced myself to the whole crew standing in front of the line! It was great!!

Like I said before guys...it was great to meet you!

I WILL!!!

we do what JackViolet suggested and all met up right in front of the show...a little MFC correr!

i am not scary!

haha so true, we waited for 2 hours with no one behind us.