2007 - Mika in the Dutch Gay mag

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ya same here!!! i mean, either way, he's going to loose some fans, or have people mad at him. if he's straight, he'll have gay people that are going to be mad at him for being so flamboyant. and then if he's gay, he'll have the straight people saying that "omg you tease!!!".

it will be one huge mess......poor mika.

ya same here!!! i mean, either way, he's going to loose some fans, or have people mad at him. if he's straight, he'll have gay people that are going to be mad at him for being so flamboyant. and then if he's gay, he'll have the straight people saying that "omg you tease!!!".

it will be one huge mess......poor mika.

Couldn't agree more! Or put it better myself!

My brother's straight, but he's pretty flamboyant -- about as much as MIKA, actually--so it makes people wonder. But, since I live with him, I know the truth: 100% straight.

But, someone once called him gay and another not so nice word. I can see why, but it's still wrong and incorrect!

Yes, whatever he decides to do, it can never be right. It's hard suiting everybody without disappointing anyone. Not that I cared :mf_rosetinted: but I can't emphasize often enough that in my opinion Mika has every right on earth to have his secrets.

He's already sharing a big part of his life with the public and his fans, and I'm fine with whatever he decides to tell us...

And how sick is this, threatening him to get a statement like this. I mean, it would not change the situation of that mad, mad mentally ill person at all. Just in case those threat rumors are true.... (actually we don't know...)

Yes, whatever he decides to do, it can never be right. It's hard suiting everybody without disappointing anyone. Not that I cared :mf_rosetinted: but I can't emphasize often enough that in my opinion Mika has every right on earth to have his secrets.

He's already sharing a big part of his life with the public and his fans, and I'm fine with whatever he decides to tell us...

And how sick is this, threatening him to get a statement like this. I mean, it would not change the situation of that mad, mad mentally ill person at all. Just in case those threat rumors are true.... (actually we don't know...)

i´m totally agree with you :thumb_yello:

poor mika

just goes to show you how insane people are!!! why does it matter if he's gay or not??? people need to grow up!

I don't think the point is whether he is gay or not. It's whether he acknowledges it if he is gay. I'm sure there is a large segment of the gay population who aren't happy when celebrities remain in the closet because it implies there is shame in being gay. It makes it more difficult for young gays and lesbians to find acceptance in themselves and from others.

Obviously threatening his life is ridiculous, but I think Mika is always going to receive flak for not coming out of the closet because he sets off everyone's gaydar to the max. You can balk at gay stereotypes and homophobia, but it was Perez Hilton who pegged Mika as gay back in October when most people had never even heard of him.

http://perezhilton.com/topics/listen_to_this/listen_to_this_shining_brighter_than_a_star_20061031.php

• 2 weeks later...
I don't think the point is whether he is gay or not. It's whether he acknowledges it if he is gay. I'm sure there is a large segment of the gay population who aren't happy when celebrities remain in the closet because it implies there is shame in being gay. It makes it more difficult for young gays and lesbians to find acceptance in themselves and from others.

Obviously threatening his life is ridiculous, but I think Mika is always going to receive flak for not coming out of the closet because he sets off everyone's gaydar to the max. You can balk at gay stereotypes and homophobia, but it was Perez Hilton who pegged Mika as gay back in October when most people had never even heard of him.

http://perezhilton.com/topics/listen_to_this/listen_to_this_shining_brighter_than_a_star_20061031.php

First of all I think making death threats against anyone for not coming out is wrong (and most likely criminal) on all fronts.

Having said that, I also agree with everything the above post says.

It doesn’t matter to me if a music artist is gay or not. I love Mika’s music either way. But for gay people, like myself, it is important to have artist (like Mika) come out if they are gay.

For so many years the gay community has been marginalized and/or ignored for its talents and accomplishments. There have been very few people to serve as role models for gay youth or even anyone that gay youth can look to for inspiration.

When gay artist stay in the closet it implies that there is something wrong with being gay and that, in my opinion, is an unacceptable position to take. You don’t see other ethnic, or minority groups, trying to hide the fact that they are who they are.

I think Mika should go ahead and put this issue to rest. It may cost him some support now, but in the long run, I think it will help him.

First of all I think making death threats against anyone for not coming out is wrong (and most likely criminal) on all fronts.

Having said that, I also agree with everything the above post says.

It doesn’t matter to me if a music artist is gay or not. I love Mika’s music either way. But for gay people, like myself, it is important to have artist (like Mika) come out if they are gay.

For so many years the gay community has been marginalized and/or ignored for its talents and accomplishments. There have been very few people to serve as role models for gay youth or even anyone that gay youth can look to for inspiration.

When gay artist stay in the closet it implies that there is something wrong with being gay and that, in my opinion, is an unacceptable position to take. You don’t see other ethnic, or minority groups, trying to hide the fact that they are who they are.

I think Mika should go ahead and put this issue to rest. It may cost him some support now, but in the long run, I think it will help him.

It's always so either/or :blink: Either you don't say and then you're "making it seem wrong to be gay" or you tell and then you have to be a gay role model or spokesperson for the entire gay community :blink: It would be so damn nice if an artist could just be gay and then that's it - the artist who made this great album and btw happens to be gay, not the GAY artist who by the way made this album :doh: I can to some extend understand artists who don't want to discuss their sexuality, it really does often become the focus point :blink: But it's not like I don't understand your point of view :mf_rosetinted:

I'm married and way too old for him so it's never a likey senario - but I will have my dreams anyway whether he's straight, gay or celibate.

I am worried though about the lyrics to "stuck in the middle" - He has always refused to talk about the meaning of this one particular song. I get the whole middle child reference but I worry that at some point he may have come out to a family member and been rejected e.g lyrics like "with my careless words I tread upon your vision", "this is who I am, this ain't a greater plan to break your heart", "when we've parted I can live in honesty". This may not be the case and I've completly missed the whole point (it could be that a relative wanted him to be a doctor or lawyer and he's rebelled with music instead!) but if it is, then his request for privacy on this subject may have more to do with not upsetting his family any more than necessary. I hope I am wrong, purely because I want him to be happy with who he is.

Woah, Mika was just quoted in the Dutch gay mag Gay & Night as saying he has received death threats for not coming out as gay.

That is some messed up stuff.

I personally would throw anyone out a window who even looked at Mika funny.

yeah! and that window has to be atleast on fifth floor!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, that's really insane :sneaky2: Does somebody know if it's still going on?

If I knew who that person is... OMG I don't know what I would do :P

What do you think you would do?

yeah! if it comes out I'd really like to see what is going to hapen...some huge Mika fans are going to follow the bastard and then gather in groups and beat properly :biggrin2:

No, I entirely, wholeheartely disagree that Mika should come out and say what orientation he is. Or that some threats should make him have to. He is his own person, and has a right to have his own feelings and not express every single one to the public. If there are others who have feelings out there, it is not his responsibility to make them feel better about their feelings by coming out and assuring them they are OK, one way or the other. His job is to make music. He's doing that. Leave him alone otherwise.

I'm all for gay people being who they are. I think they should be allowed to live their lives in peace and they should not be discriminated against. But they should not be allowed to bully others into doing and saying things they are not ready or do not want to say...outing people.

Love you, Mika, just as you are. xoxo