Composer:Michael Holbrook Penniman Jr

paula.pop

Thank you, Christine....

Funny, I remember seeing this already ( I think Jack posted this link a couple of months ago ) but I don't remember these songs were under Alice....

I think I'm getting old...

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not my age, actually...

Only under that song can you read Alice. Under the other ones he wrote it's his 'full' / official / legal name...

Perhaps they want to / wanted to keep it a secret he was working on it..

here is what I found on the net:

Guy Chambers ....

Most recent coöperation is with Eros Ramazzotti[1] on his latest greatest hits album which includes 4 new songs. The song 'Ci parliamo da grandi' is written by Eros and Guy. The album "e2: energy" is released on 31-10-2007 under the Sony-BMG label

so... it has already been released. If anyone is around a record store, can you check if Mika is credited????

:wink2:

It's not my age, actually...

Only under that song can you read Alice. Under the other ones he wrote it's his 'full' / official / legal name...

Perhaps they want to / wanted to keep it a secret he was working on it..

here is what I found on the net:

Guy Chambers ....

Most recent coöperation is with Eros Ramazzotti[1] on his latest greatest hits album which includes 4 new songs. The song 'Ci parliamo da grandi' is written by Eros and Guy. The album "e2: energy" is released on 31-10-2007 under the Sony-BMG label

so... it has already been released. If anyone is around a record store, can you check if Mika is credited????

:wink2:

what's the matter with mika? the song is composed "by 4 hands"= Eros+ Niccolò Agliardi and has music of Guy Chambers who had previously collaborated with Robbie Williams

the song is dedicated to Ramazzotti's daughter Aurora{11 yrs old} who has already made a demo of her selfwritten songs...

what's the matter with mika? the song is composed "by 4 hands"= Eros+ Niccolò Agliardi and has music of Guy Chambers who had previously collaborated with Robbie Williams

the song is dedicated to Ramazzotti's daughter Aurora{11 yrs old} who has already made a demo of her selfwritten songs...

:blink: so is Mika credited on Eros's Greatest Hits album????:shocked:

:boxed:

i dont understand why there are still doubts on his real name,thought it was settled months ago..

it's quite clear with christine's link, isnt it??

they wont play with money so i think it's reliable.

mika's real name: michael holbrook penniman

mika's pseudo: mika, alice.

mika's nickname: mica.

I tried to solve the mystery and I seem to have succeeded.

Here is what I found on the net:

EROS RAMAZZOTTI - CI PARLIAMO DA GRANDI (SONG)

Jahr: 2007

Musik/Text: Alice Visconti

Eros Ramazzotti

Guy Chambers

Niccolò Agliardi

Produzent: Guy Chambers

Richard Flack

So, I think it was a pure accident this song was placed under M H Penniman.

Perhaps Visconti was accidentally left out and only Alice remained....

So they asked themselves: Who the F**K is ALICE and one clever bug came up with the solution....

:naughty: :naughty:

I tried to solve the mystery and I seem to have succeeded.

Here is what I found on the net:

EROS RAMAZZOTTI - CI PARLIAMO DA GRANDI (SONG)

Eros Ramazzotti

Guy Chambers

Niccolò Agliardi

Richard Flack

So they asked themselves: Who the F**K is ALICE and one clever bug came up with the solution....

mh..if is her, Alice is a nickname for Carla Bissi

http://www.alicewebsite.it/pages/biography.html

...but back to the original question, Michael Holbrook Penniman is listed to have collaborated with Guy Chambers on 5 songs....and Guy Chambers lists MMMM as friend on Myspace:wink2:

I wonder if they will be Mika songs or one or two with Robbie...

Wikipedia reports that Robbie is now working on new album with Guy Chambers...

mh..if is her, Alice is a nickname for Carla Bissi

http://www.alicewebsite.it/pages/biography.html

YOU ARE RIGHT!

Mika is registered under Michael Holbrook Penniman and Alice

But... There are 2 Alice's: him and Carla Bissi...:blink:

there are only 3 songs registered under that other Alice (i.e Carla Bissi):

1. CITTA DI PIOGGIA

2. FOGLI STRAPPATI

3. THIRD STAR

whilst CI PARLIAMO DA GRANDI is registered under 'our' Alice...:shocked: ...obviously, by mistake..

So, with a little bit of luck he will receive royalties from Eros Ramazotti's greatest hits album....:naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

I think there's more to it than that. The song is also published under Dodgy Holiday.

I think there's more to it than that. The song is also published under Dodgy Holiday.

I think the whole thing is mixed up. On another site, the info on CI PARLIAMO DA GRANDI is as follows

Eros Ramazzotti

Guy Chambers

Niccolò Agliardi

Richard Flack

and when you search for Alice Visconti on the net, you get this:

Alice Visconti / artists (A)

Profile: Italian vocalist.

She started her career in 1975 under the name Alice Visconti. In 1980 she adopted the name "Alice".

She has been involved in many projects with many different artists, including classical and experimental music.

URLs: http://www.alice.says.it

Aliases: Carla Bissi

It might have been the Guy Chambers collaboration that caused confusion in the registration since Mika seems to have already collaborated with him on 5 songs... unless that one is a mistake, too, but I don't think so....

I wonder if it's new stuff or they had other reasons not to release any of the songs on Mika 's first album: eg: could not agree on the percentage they'd get / Robbie W forbid RC to release any of his writing for other artists until his next comeback album (he is reportedly working with GC) is out / those 5 songs were written for Robbie ... although I doubt it....:mf_rosetinted:

... I am very curious now.

I think the whole thing is mixed up. On another site, the info on CI PARLIAMO DA GRANDI is as follows

Eros Ramazzotti

Guy Chambers

Niccolò Agliardi

Richard Flack

and when you search for Alice Visconti on the net, you get this:

Alice Visconti / artists (A)

Profile: Italian vocalist.

She started her career in 1975 under the name Alice Visconti. In 1980 she adopted the name "Alice".

She has been involved in many projects with many different artists, including classical and experimental music.

URLs: http://www.alice.says.it

Aliases: Carla Bissi

It might have been the Guy Chambers collaboration that caused confusion in the registration since Mika seems to have already collaborated with him on 5 songs... unless that one is a mistake, too, but I don't think so....

I wonder if it's new stuff or they had other reasons not to release any of the songs on Mika 's first album: eg: could not agree on the percentage they'd get / Robbie W forbid RC to release any of his writing for other artists until his next comeback album (he is reportedly working with GC) is out / those 5 songs were written for Robbie ... although I doubt it....:mf_rosetinted:

... I am very curious now.

I still don't see how it was linked to Dodgy Holiday Music even if they got the Alice pseudonyms mixed up. This song was also registered at the same time with the Alice pseudonym under Dodgy Holiday because the BMI Work#s are in close sequence.

http://repertoire.bmi.com/title.asp?blnWriter=True&blnPublisher=True&blnArtist=True&keyID=9140704&ShowNbr=0&ShowSeqNbr=0&querytype=WorkID

This Alice and the Alice that Carla Bissi is using are two different artists and this Alice is linked to Michael Penniman and is getting writing credits for songs published under Dodgy Holiday. It can't all be a random mistake.

The other Guy Chambers/Penniman songs are not new. Look Don't Touch for instance was registered at the same time as Lollipop. They're registered in batches rather than the minute they're written, but these songs have been on the BMI website for awhile so it's not something recent even if it was written at some point after Lollipop.

I'm sure Robbie Williams has no say over what songs can be released that are written by other artists. He doesn't own Guy Chambers and if he did "own" him in some way, then I would imagine Guy Chambers wouldn't collaborate with other artists at all.

It could be, as you mentioned, about the percentages. Maybe there was an agreement and it was too high. Or maybe Mika just doesn't really like the songs they came up with for himself.

I think perhaps he doesn't particularly like Erase either and that may be why he never sings it live. It's not very Mikaish and doesn't fit in with LICM. If he'd included these Guy Chambers songs it probably would have been an entirely different album.

In spite of all his talk about not writing hits I think there must be some pressure to do so which is how he ends up collaborating with someone like Guy Chambers in the first place. But maybe he won the battle in the end and got to keep the non-Walmart-friendly Billy Brown over some Robbie Williams-sounding schlock.

The other Guy Chambers/Penniman songs are not new. Look Don't Touch for instance was registered at the same time as Lollipop.

Thanks for clarifying...

I'm sure Robbie Williams has no say over what songs can be released that are written by other artists.

Actually Robbie thinks he does! That's why they split up with Guy Chambers and that's why I mentioned this option...:naughty:

It could be, as you mentioned, about the percentages. Maybe there was an agreement and it was too high.

Robbie and Guy Chambers were also reported to have had an argument on percentages. GC wanted 50% wihilst R wanted to give him only 30%...So it COULD be that GC thought Mika was just 'another Robbie' whilst he is a real songwriter, but I doubt it as they are still friends on Myspace...

I think whatever reason it might have been that these songs did not make it into LICM, IT WAS A WISE DECISION, since Guy Chamber's name appearing on the credits would have raised questions on Mika's ability to write songs on his own...

or, at least that what I would have thought..

Or maybe Mika just doesn't really like the songs they came up with for himself.

I think perhaps he doesn't particularly like Erase either and that may be why he never sings it live.

Funny how you mention Erase... This song actually sonds like a Guy Chambers song - maybe that's GC's influence on Mika's songwriting already...:naughty:

Lebanese use a lot of French names.. so Michael, if that's his real name (which is not very common in lebanon to give the son his father's name so Mica sounds more believable), would be called Mica (the use of the c is common instead of the K) and I guess English speakers might mispronounce it as Mi-sha, which made him change it into MIKA

many Lebanese use french names and pronounce them in a french way

hope this is useful.. though am not sure how accurate that is to his real story

He's talking tripe really, because, as an English speaker, to pronounce something micha, it would have to have an H in it.

He's talking tripe really, because, as an English speaker, to pronounce something micha, it would have to have an H in it.

that's something i've always thought of:blink:

{in Italy we don't have that kinda false problem}:naughty:

Actually Robbie thinks he does! That's why they split up with Guy Chambers and that's why I mentioned this option...:naughty:

Well what power Robbie thinks he has and what power he does have are two entirely different things.

I've never understood these mispronunciation stories. Is it really possible to go through life without ever encountering or hearing of someone named Mica or Micah? It's not that uncommon and I'm thinking if it was pronounced Misha it would be spelled Misha...:blink: