Composer:Michael Holbrook Penniman Jr

paula.pop

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How come u know the truth about all these things???

Is it Mica or Michael? - He is publishing songs under Michael. The facts speak for themselves.

He he straight, gay, bi or a? - Some things are self-evident.

Is it chicken or ticket?? - I can hear.

Does he have green or brown eyes? - I can see.

Straight or curly hair?? - I've seen a million photos of him and it's pretty obvious what the natural state of his hair is and what is caused by styling.

I am willing to concede that I can never be 100% certain about #2. But the level of probability is such that it's no mystery as far as I'm concerned. I don't wonder about it and I never have. Except in hypotheticals like...imagine if he was...xxx. But I've always believed what I believe and I'll be surprised if any evidence ever surfaces that will change my mind.

Is it Mica or Michael? - He is publishing songs under Michael. The facts speak for themselves.

He he straight, gay, bi or a? - Some things are self-evident.

Is it chicken or ticket?? - I can hear.

Does he have green or brown eyes? - I can see.

Straight or curly hair?? - I've seen a million photos of him and it's pretty obvious what the natural state of his hair is and what is caused by styling.

I am willing to concede that I can never be 100% certain about #2. But the level of probability is such that it's no mystery as far as I'm concerned. I don't wonder about it and I never have. Except in hypotheticals like...imagine if he was...xxx. But I've always believed what I believe and I'll be surprised if any evidence ever surfaces that will change my mind.

That is true! Yeah I knew the answers to 3,4 and 5! and I thought the same as u for number 1 but I dont think that we will truly know the answer to number 2 ever, or at least not for a while, but that really doesnt bother me in the slightest, there are much more important aspects to a person than their sexuality!!!

• 1 month later...
His name is most definitely Michael Holbrook Penniman Jr. I don't think that Mika would use that as a pen name just for the hell of it. :lmfao: He'd choose "Alice." I think it's cute. Yasmine, Paloma, Zuleika, Fortune ...and Michael. :D

don't diss alice man, mika would love my brother, that really is his name!

• 10 months later...

Is it Mica or Michael? legal name: michael h. penniman jr. name he's been called all his life: mica. stage name: MIKA/Mika.

He he straight, gay, bi or a? well, everyone knows the answer to that..

Is it chicken or ticket?? .. chicken

Does he have green or brown eyes? hazel. but they look brown in some lighting

Straight or curly hair?? curly. but he sometimes uses a curling iron to tweak it up a bit

in this interview Mika interview!he says:

Question-What is your real name?

"Mica, spelled with a 'c.' Um, my dad is called Michael, and he wanted me to be called Michael, but mom said, "Over my dead body." Um, she wasn't into the whole "Jr." thing."

Yes. His legal name is Michael Holbrook Penniman Jr, but he has never been called that so he doesn’t consider it his REAL name. Instead, he has been called Mica since he was a baby, and he considers that his real name even though it is not his legal name. Its basically the way the word “real” is interpreted.

His mother meant ‘over my dead body, people will not be calling my son Michael.’ Because his dad is American and they often had jr’s and it was important to him, they obviously agreed to name their first son Michael but always call him Mica, possibly also to avoid confusion between the two. For example I know a man called George and his son is George jr, and it gets very confusing.

Then everyone knows the whole ‘mica’ becoming ‘mika’ thing.

I tend to think of him as Mika, or Mika Penniman. I know he was probably christened Michael, or Michael Junior, his mum called him Mica, then he changed it to Mika so people would pronounce it right. But to me, it doesn't matter. He's now our Mika, that's what matters.

• 6 months later...
I think it's his full name - I saw him referred to as Michael Holbrook Penniman on VH1's album chart.

I giggled when I heard in a recent interview (a Hamburg one, I guess), that he said something like:

"Michael, and the H stands for...Holbrook??? I guess"

:aah:

I'm sure he doesn't use his middle name much

Is it Mica or Michael? legal name: michael h. penniman jr. name he's been called all his life: mica. stage name: MIKA/Mika.

He he straight, gay, bi or a? well, everyone knows the answer to that..

Is it chicken or ticket?? .. chicken

Does he have green or brown eyes? hazel. but they look brown in some lighting

Straight or curly hair?? curly. but he sometimes uses a curling iron to tweak it up a bit

First question: Exactly as you told :thumb_yello: 'Mica' is for the way you pronounce michael in french as well

Second: Everyone knows...but you can find slight variations between the different truths you hear from others. For sure he's not "a". Gosh.

Third: ticket in the song, chicken everywhere else :naughty:

Fourth: I totally vote for hazel.

Fifth: Straight when a kid, Wavy now. And you're right with the curler, I've heard him telling that. Put the pictures in another thread some minutes ago :naughty:

Edited by Romis

wow this's quite an old thread:blink:

in fact i always hv a question regarding his name....

i mean, though i hv typed the word "Penniman" for many many times, i nvr know the right way to pronounce it... can anyone tell me where should the stress be put on??? "Pen" "ni" or "man"?? i know this's silly, but forgive me for not being a native speaker:emot-sad:

i nvr know the right way to pronounce it... can anyone tell me where should the stress be put on??? "Pen" "ni" or "man"?? i know this's silly, but forgive me for not being a native speaker:emot-sad:

Well, I am not a native speaker, either but pretty sure it is on the first syllable: ("Pen") :wink2:

Well, I am not a native speaker, either but pretty sure it is on the first syllable: ("Pen") :wink2:

I would too- and I am English. Mika didn't say it quite like I would when he said it on radio recently, but I don't think it was the the stressed syllable that was different.

It might have been Real Radio Yorkshire- He said it was a Scottish name but I don't think he was in Scotland

I would too- and I am English. Mika didn't say it quite like I would when he said it on radio recently, but I don't think it was the the stressed syllable that was different.

It might have been Real Radio Yorkshire- He said it was a Scottish name but I don't think he was in Scotland

oh i think i've missed that interview! do u hv a link????:blush-anim-cl:

thzz a lot!!! and also big thanks to suzie:biggrin2: