Composer:Michael Holbrook Penniman Jr

paula.pop

It appears that he wrote and published it and then published it a second time to give the guy from Cutting Crew a composer credit. :naughty:

I really can't believe that was necessary. Maybe because I lived through the '80s I can't be objective about the music from that era, but I really don't hear it in Relax.

Erase on the other hand screams Robbie Williams Angels but no one seems to care about that. I guess because Mika was already collaborating with Robbie's songwriter.

i don't hear it either... but i guess he felt necessary.

i'm wondering if his name is michael, but pronounced like in french.

he does say michael (his dad) michael (mi-ka-el) then mica.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really can't believe that was necessary. Maybe because I lived through the '80s I can't be objective about the music from that era, but I really don't hear it in Relax.

Not throughout the entire song, but I can hear it clearly in the intro (and I grew up with 80s music as well). I remember an interview in which he (or one of his musical crew?) said the resemblance was just a coincidence. For legal reasons (for example - maybe it was another reason) I can see why he mentioned Cutting Crew under the credits. Nothing wrong with that IMO.

As for no one caring about Erase: Erase is 'just' a bonus on some versions of LiCM. Relax was meant to become a hit from the beginning, at least a single.

I think Micheal is his offÃ*cial name and that Mica is his réal name :P I'll try to explain, but sometimes the name of a baby is like, ehm... Margaret Jenna Blabla - that's her whole name, and then in then the birth card says something like: 'and we call her Jenna' XD Damn, can't explain :P

whos margaret jenna blabla

i don't hear it either... but i guess he felt necessary.

i'm wondering if his name is michael, but pronounced like in french.

he does say michael (his dad) michael (mi-ka-el) then mica.

And when he was in France, everybody must have called him Michael with that pronunciation: Micael.

I suppose Margaret Jenna Blabla is a fictive name. :original:

Mica's real fictive name. :naughty:

• 2 weeks later...
"My real name is Mica, spelled with a C. My dad is called Michael. He wanted me to be called Michael, but my mother said over her dead body. She wasn't into the whole junior thing." Well said from an interview.

From wikipedia, the norwegian version.

http://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mika

:biggrin2:

Mica is his "real" name...as opposed to Mika, which is his stage name. But his birth name is Michael Holbrook and he uses it for legal purposes, such as publishing his songs.

I can't believe that we're still fighting this "battle":no: :crybaby:- Is it really that hard to believe/accept that his real name (as in legal) is Michael and that they call him Mica? :roftl:

I can't believe that we're still fighting this "battle":no: :crybaby:- Is it really that hard to believe/accept that his real name (as in legal) is Michael and that they call him Mica? :roftl:

It's just that it's so confusing. :hypo:

Has Mika written a song for Eros Ramazzotti? And collaborated with Robbie's songwriter? :blink: This was news for me.

For me too. :blink:

Has Mika written a song for Eros Ramazzotti? And collaborated with Robbie's songwriter? :blink: This was news for me.

I think the Ramazzotti song was a collaboration as well. He didn't write it for him, if the credits are anything to go by.

Personally I won't believe it until Mika posts a copy of his birth certificate on MFC. :mf_rosetinted:

And he said chicken!

:eek:

where did you read this?

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

(PS: I can vaguely remember the Eros Ramazzotti thing.... wasn't it about a completely different song with the same title as one of Mika's songs? )

Personally I won't believe it until Mika posts a copy of his birth certificate on MFC. :mf_rosetinted:

Maybe we should start a petition?

Like the "MFC Official Fanclub book", but now being it the "requesting Mika's birth certificate book"?

That should clarify things :thumb_yello: And teach the guy not to be so confusing and slack with his personal info in the future.

:naughty: Geez, we do need to know!

And he said chicken!

Yes, as I said, it's a bit like in "The Life of Brian...":roftl:

The best thing to do is at a gig rather then asking what his name is ask him what name he was given at birth? or the name that is on his birth certificate? that should clear things up once and for all!:wink2:

:punk: You go for it

The best thing to do is at a gig rather then asking what his name is ask him what name he was given at birth? or the name that is on his birth certificate? that should clear things up once and for all!:wink2:

while you're at it why not ask him to show you his birth certificate? :naughty:

where did you read this?

(PS: I can vaguely remember the Eros Ramazzotti thing.... wasn't it about a completely different song with the same title as one of Mika's songs? )

There was a link a few pages back. Christine posted it.

where did you read this?

No, it's one song and he is credited under a pseudonym, along with Eros Ramazzotti.

http://repertoire.bmi.com/title.asp?blnWriter=True&blnPublisher=True&blnArtist=True&keyID=9140691&ShowNbr=0&ShowSeqNbr=0&querytype=WorkID

while you're at it why not ask him to show you his birth certificate? :naughty:

That's imperative. Like I said, I won't believe it until I see one. That Mika is bit a liar sometimes and his word cannot be trusted.

this is hurting my head, what is his real name!!! there have been so many interviews that have said different things. if i ever meet might i might just have to ask him that.

i think that would be the best idea :bleh:

Mika is the ultimate source no doubt, but as we know he isn't always straightforward and he'll more than lkely say his real name is Mica.....as he did on a few occassions. it's all to confusing :boxed:

I thought Michael Holbrook Penniman was his like birth name, but like his whole life his nickname was Mica, that was what everyone called him, but he just changed it to Mika for his stage name? lol sighh i thought we had the name thing figured out! lol

i was thinking about that, but then he said his mum didn't like thewhole Jr thing so that's why they named him Mica.....it's all too confusing.