Composer:Michael Holbrook Penniman Jr

paula.pop

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

His name is most definitely Michael Holbrook Penniman Jr. I don't think that Mika would use that as a pen name just for the hell of it. :lmfao: He'd choose "Alice." I think it's cute. Yasmine, Paloma, Zuleika, Fortune ...and Michael. :D

:blink:I give up, he wants to be called Mika so that's what I shall call him. In the video clip he says his FATHER wanted to name him after him but his MOTHER said "over my dead body" as she isnt into the whole junior thing, so...if this interview is to be believed then he is called MiCa but he changed it to MiKa cos of the mispronunciation, and he seems to want to be known as MiKa so be it, I like that best anyway :biggrin2:

its mica penniman, its gotta be, it says it in all of the school year books

*runs away*

I take the situation this way:

Baby boy is born, he is officially named Michael Holbrook Penniman Jr. after his father, because it was his father's first son and he wanted to pass his name down. Mrs. Penniman didn't like him being a junior like Mika said in an interview, so they settled on calling him Mica, even though that is not a birth name, but a derivation from the pronunciation of "Micael." That's basically what Mika said in the Roast a Rockstar interview, leaving out the fact that his name is really Michael. :naughty:

Maybe it's like the great Sarie vs. Sarah debate.

It got so heated, I asked one of the mods to close it down.:mf_rosetinted:

Half the forum was convinced my name is Sarah, and the other half said they have my birth certificate, and my name is Sarie.

so what is that all about?? I was browsing through composers names and I found this name:Michael Holbrook Penniman-Relax,Take it easy

I doubt it is his Father??

I think Mika might actually have been Christened Michael Holbrook Penniman. I have read that this is his original name, but that he was always called Mica. I think Michael is his dad's name and he would have been given the name to honour his dad, but there couldn't be two Michaels in the family, so he was always called Mica. I could be wrong. But it's what I've gathered. But Relax is our Mika's song. No doubt about it.

Love today, from Marilyn

I think Mika might actually have been Christened Michael Holbrook Penniman. I have read that this is his original name, but that he was always called Mica. I think Michael is his dad's name and he would have been given the name to honour his dad, but there couldn't be two Michaels in the family, so he was always called Mica. I could be wrong. But it's what I've gathered. But Relax is our Mika's song. No doubt about it.

Love today, from Marilyn

Yes, this keeps cropping up too frequently for it to be wrong now.

I agree with your theory. Mika has said that his Dad wanted him to also be called Michael, as is not uncommon in American families/dynasties, whatever.

But he said his Mother wasn't keen at all on the idea of Michael Jr. ,so they settled on Mica. But I wonder if his Dad got his own way officially , ie on his birth certificate, but his Mum got her way by insisting he be known as Mica right from the start. It makes sense.

That's my interpretation/guess.

• 1 month later...

If I am not mistaken, I think I saw an interview were he actually talks about it. And I think he said something about his dad wanting to name him Michael, but his mum isn't a big fan of the whole junior naming, and sat her foot down, and thats why they ended up naming him Mica.

Yup, I think that's it.

--Jack

since we're on the subject of names....

what's Bono's real name?

and Madonna's?

(I suddenly realised that there are a lot of musicians that I don't know the real name of)

Oh, on the Mika-matter: I'm pretty sure no-one ever called him Michael in real life!