Composer:Michael Holbrook Penniman Jr

paula.pop

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

all it says is...

Written by: MIKA Publishing: Mika punch (BMI)

administered by Irving Music, Inc. (BMI) Incorporating elements of ("I just) died in your arms" written by Nicholas Eede. Published by Sony/ATV Music Publishing. Used wth permission. All Rights Reserved.

Produced by: Greg Wells and MIKA Recorded by: Joe Chiccarelli at Sage & Soun/Rocket Carousel Studio

Mixed by: Greg Wells at Rocket Carousel Studio Piano/Keyboards/Background Vocals: MIKA

Programming Greg Wells, Fabien Waltman Guitars: Tim Pierce

so...yeah..

so what is that all about?? I was browsing through composers names and I found this name:Michael Holbrook Penniman-Relax,Take it easy

I doubt it is his Father??

I think it's his full name - I saw him referred to as Michael Holbrook Penniman on VH1's album chart.

Mine Ipod says only Mika too, but everywhere on the internet (and in some Dutch magazines) i see Mika's real name as Michael Holbrook Penniman, and that he's called Mica... So maybe it's his fathers name and hís name too, i don't know :bleh:

this is hurting my head, what is his real name!!! there have been so many interviews that have said different things. if i ever meet might i might just have to ask him that.

i think that would be the best idea :bleh:

Please do, actually. I've heard on here that the reason his name is given as Michael Holbrook in the press is that when New York Times interviewed him, they made that mistake, and the rest of the sources followed suit, but that his name is really Mica. There was also an interview where he said that Mica was his real name, but he didn't say if it was also short for Michael. And I've been discussing this with Wikipedia people for a while. So it would be good to get that cleared up...

--Jack

I thought Michael Holbrook Penniman was his like birth name, but like his whole life his nickname was Mica, that was what everyone called him, but he just changed it to Mika for his stage name? lol sighh i thought we had the name thing figured out! lol

I thought that his father was Micheal Holbrook Penniman, he was Mica and but his stage name is Mika. Then I heard that Mica was only a nickname. But in one interview he said that his family had really interesting names, and that Mika meant plastic bag in Morrocan. Assuming that his name is Mika, that is. I dunno...