Issues with Pictures

Yoppappop

Ok... According to all the polls about "should we post this or that", there IS a real problem with you and the pictures... Let's try to make it a bit clearer... Personally, i don't really care about these polls and everything cause i'm like everybody else : if there's a picture, i look at it. Full stop. So the problem is more about posting the pictures, and above all : looking for them on the internet...

We all agree about the fact that there is no problem with the official pictures, of public events, like gigs, his or other's... So that, we can post. And even post them several times around the MFC :naughty:

About the childhood and family pics, you all voted that we should post them only if he agrees with that... But once again, just take a minute and think : if they are pictures of childhood and family (once again, not talking about the public ones), they were taken at a PRIVATE event, by a friend or something ! And even if the person who took them or who have them put them on the internet on whatever picture host, they're still what they are... Private pictures... So even without ASKING Mika about his opinion, i don't think he would be that positive about posting them here...

If you're not convinced : think one more minute : would you like pics of you taken by a friend at a private event posted on a fanclub and around the internet ??? Cause you know that the pics are not to stay on the MFC, people who come here take them, post them somewhere else, etc. And even YOU save them on your pc... Would you like pics of you on someone you ABSOLOUTELY don't know's pc ??? It's common sense... No matter if you're a celebrity or not ! So if you really care about what he could feel and not only say that you care, realize it...

So i would say NO about all private pics taken by private people... Mika, family (extended), family dog/cat/fish/parrot, friends...

Last of your problems : paparazzi pics... Even a thread about it will not solve your problem, cause they will still spread around... For the paparazzi pics, the problem is delicate, cause they're about his private life, but already on all magazines... So the fact that you post it here or not, in one thread or in every threads will not change anything... The REAL problem is more WHAT's on the pic ! And once again, it's common sense... And YOU judge what you think you can post or not... Just ask to yourself "How would i feel if someone who says he/she loves me posted THAT pic of me ? Does he really love me that much to post such a pic ?!" Cause we all know it's paparazzi's job (whatever ou think about it, reat job or bad job), so they don't have to ask that question to themselves before giving the pic to magazines... And the person on the pic knows that the paparazzi really doesn't care about what he/she feels... But it's different for you cause you claim that you love the person on the pic, so ask that to yourself ! :thumb_yello: So even if they're both paparazzi pics, the situation is different if it's a pic of him on holidays, him in some street in London after filming a tv show, him going out of a sex shop or whatever :roftl: I think you got the point...

About the paparazzi thread, nice try to clean up the forum, i really hope it works... Even if i'm not sure, due to my experience pointing repeat threads :biggrin2: I just think it will turn into a "damn the pparazzi" thread without pics :naughty:

Anyway... As a conclusion, i would say, in my opinion :

- ok for public pics

- no for any private pics (him, family, extended family, cat/dog/parrot/fish, friends EVEN if it's somewhere else !!! We're not talking about somewhere else, we're talking about here... And the fact that it is somewhere else doesn't mean that it's a good thing :naughty:

- depends on the paparazzi pic...

As far as i'm concerned, if there is a pic, i look at it. I never go on the internet and browse to find some pics (private or not), cause i simply don't care that much about pics. And last thing : why the hell are you so interested about whatever pic you can see of him, talking about the childhood pics ??? :blink: I don't understand... I don't judge, just don't undestand...

Bye !

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is probably going to get me hated on here but I don't care.

I'm only voicing my opinion because I want to.

I am not bothered at all if people on this site post pictures of Mika that are form newspapers, magazines or internet sites.

I think that if people like Mika did not want pictures taken of them they would never leave the house.

I am in no way endorsing the paparazzi and I don't think that if you become famous you deserve to be photographed on holiday or when you are with your family but you should definitely expect it.

People are always going to wonder what you are doing because you are famous!

Anyway sorry about the rant, I just needed that off my chest.

XxX.

:thumb_yello: :thumb_yello: :thumb_yello: Bloody Yoppa!

And the thread i made,

not for ppl to try to find and hunt more paparazzi pics to post there,

just a place to put them if really needed...

There will be more of those that's a fact.

Just trying to keep the forums clean.

I am not bothered at all if people on this site post pictures of Mika that are form newspapers, magazines or internet sites.

I think that if people like Mika did not want pictures taken of them they would never leave the house.

I am in no way endorsing the paparazzi and I don't think that if you become famous you deserve to be photographed on holiday or when you are with your family but you should definitely expect it.

XxX.

Absoloutely !! I didn't want to add that part to my paragraph about paparazzi cause i tought i would be too long, and it was logical... And maybe cause i didn't want people to hate me more than they already do for being "a pain in the a*s" :roftl: :roftl: But mostly cause i thought it was logical. But maybe not for everybody, so glad you said it ! :thumb_yello:

But it's not about "right or wrong to take pictures of Mika etc." the problem that seems to exists is more about "right or wrong posting them" for those who wonder if they can post, and also it's not because "everybody does something that it's good", talking only about this forum, do they want this kind of pics here...

Absoloutely !! I didn't want to add that part to my paragraph about paparazzi cause i tought i would be too long, and it was logical... And maybe cause i didn't want people to hate me more than they already do for being "a pain in the a*s" :roftl: :roftl: But mostly cause i thought it was logical. But maybe not for everybody, so glad you said it ! :thumb_yello:

:thumb_yello: Awesome

x

Yoppappop:

I understand your sentiments. But, and please don't be angry with me for saying this, you're wasting time and effort by posting your opinion on this. There are countless posts complaining about the personal/paparazzi pictures flooding the site, but people (myself included, I am sorry to say) are interested in seeing shirtless pictures of Mika, no matter in which form they have been taken. It may be wrong, but no one is going to stop, and we can't just make arbitrary rules based on our own personal opinions on what is right and wrong to share with the MFC community. I think the paparazzi thread a step in the correct direction, but threads like the one you just started create some unwarranted hostility on the site between people who want to see any pictures, and people with reservations about paparazzi or personal pictures.

Maybe we should all just calm down and realize that a photo is a photo, and not get to heated on either side of the great photo debate. Ya know, we can relax and take it easy. :naughty:

Sorry if I came off as a bit bitchy in the post, it certainly wasn't intended to be that way! I really love the MFC forums and just want everyone to get along nicely...with loads of legit Mika pictures :bleh:

Thanks for reading my two-cents!

XxX.

Omgosh totally <3 The worst that can happen is that a candid picture looks bad. If Mika really doesn't want family pictures out there then they wouldn't be at all his shows (which they are and they're always happy to take pictures with people) soo yeah. These 'illegal' Mika pics.. keep 'em coming. :thumb_yello:

Omgosh totally <3 The worst that can happen is that a candid picture looks bad. If Mika really doesn't want family pictures out there then they wouldn't be at all his shows (which they are and they're always happy to take pictures with people) soo yeah. These 'illegal' Mika pics.. keep 'em coming. :thumb_yello:

Well, they aren't "illegal" if people are posing for your camera, which I know happened at the Border's signing. Those pictures are legit.

Well, they aren't "illegal" if people are posing for your camera, which I know happened at the Border's signing. Those pictures are legit.

Well.. there was that one of Martin where he was completely unaware. Hehe.

as I posted in another thread about this, I realised only now, looking at polls (yes, in the end, they do are uselful) how divided are forum members' opinions on this topic..

that's how it has to be, it's a free world, god bless, but still it's hard to have a guideline in this situation.

Yoppappop:

I understand your sentiments. But, and please don't be angry with me for saying this, you're wasting time and effort by posting your opinion on this. There are countless posts complaining about the personal/paparazzi pictures flooding the site, but people (myself included, I am sorry to say) are interested in seeing shirtless pictures of Mika, no matter in which form they have been taken. It may be wrong, but no one is going to stop, and we can't just make arbitrary rules based on our own personal opinions on what is right and wrong to share with the MFC community. I think the paparazzi thread a step in the correct direction, but threads like the one you just started create some unwarranted hostility on the site between people who want to see any pictures, and people with reservations about paparazzi or personal pictures.

Maybe we should all just calm down and realize that a photo is a photo, and not get to heated on either side of the great photo debate. Ya know, we can relax and take it easy. :naughty:

Sorry if I came off as a bit bitchy in the post, it certainly wasn't intended to be that way! I really love the MFC forums and just want everyone to get along nicely...with loads of legit Mika pictures :bleh:

Thanks for reading my two-cents!

:naughty: That's funny, cause you absoloutely didn't get my point posting this :biggrin2: And i'm absoloutely not angry with you for saying what you think :roftl: That's silly :wink2:...

My point, in short : PEOPLE who have issues posting pictures cause they wonder if they can or not, think and post/don't post. It was not a "you can post this and this" thread...

And i'm not "creating" hostilty, i just think that the polls are useless, cause they don't point the real problem : i don't disagree with paparazzi pictures so the poll "yes or hell no for paparazzi pictures" is not the right question in my opinion... And we're all grown up enough not to be hostile towards people who don't think the way we dont aren't we ?

The real point was : post anything you want as soon as you're comfortable with it ! The fact is that i think people shouldn't be comfortable with posting personnal pics (and i'm not talking about public family pics since they are everywhere with him ! i'm talking about pics of private events, that's precise enough) but that's only my opinion (and i have the irght to express it).

The other fact is that (i was right cause) the whole problem started when someone some weeks ago posted private family pictures saying that HE/SHE wasn't comfortable with that ! And the thread was finally deleted. I hadn't said anything in it ! i'm not inventing anything, i'm just trying to help people figure out if they're comfortable or not. I really do not intend to stop people posting pics, i'm not an utopist. I never intended to create any rule here, and i'm not about to start !! I'm just trying to orient people with issues about posting the pictures they find.

As i said, i don't care, we all have a job, and paparazzi's job is to take pictures ! Go for it ! Part of the job of the celebrities is to accept that their life will be partly public because of that !

And for god sake, stop saying that you don't like paparazzi, (almost) all of you

cause once again you're being "hypocrits" : a lot of us buy the magazines they work for !!! But since it's Mika you're feeling really nauseous about the pics ??? Come on... If it's right, don't buy the magazines... If it's just to say "i hate paparazi" to look nice, that's not interesting and not true...

And once again, i was long...

actually as i posted above, I think these polls about the pics topics were really useful and showed the opinions on forum are very divided.

and you may not believe it, but I don't watch tv (only some music channels and disney channel, god bless LOL) , plus I don't buy mags or read them. only a cinema mag (monthly issue). :bleh:

actually as i posted above, I think these polls about the pics topics were really useful and showed the opinions on forum are very divided.

and you may not believe it, but I don't watch tv (only some music channels and disney channel, god bless LOL) , plus I don't buy mags or read them. only a cinema mag (monthly issue). :bleh:

Yeah I don't buy magazines either, I don't have enough extra money for that! lol

Anyway... As a conclusion, i would say, in my opinion :

- ok for public pics

- no for any private pics (him, family, extended family, cat/dog/parrot/fish, friends EVEN if it's somewhere else !!! We're not talking about somewhere else, we're talking about here... And the fact that it is somewhere else doesn't mean that it's a good thing :naughty:

- depends on the paparazzi pic...

As far as i'm concerned, if there is a pic, i look at it. I never go on the internet and browse to find some pics (private or not), cause i simply don't care that much about pics. And last thing : why the hell are you so interested about whatever pic you can see of him, talking about the childhood pics ??? :blink: I don't understand... I don't judge, just don't undestand...

Bye !

CLEVER

@MIKAontheweb:

I don't see a problem with upcoming unwarranted hostility because of a discussion. This is a forum and forums are created for communication (which includes lively discussions). If nobody had anything to say it would be quite boring, don't you think? And if nobody had to comment on anything that has been said it would also be boring (right, Yoppappop?:wink2: - by the way I'd say 'pain-in-the-ass' is a little harsh :roftl: ). I have experienced this place as a pleasant one with lots of tolerant, sane people who can accept the fact that there are different opinions existing in different people's conceptions. Disagreement can and should be expressed and has nothing to do with personal animosity. This is not a nursery school and I'd say we get along with each other quite well considering the fact that there can be as much opinions as people in here :wink2:

@ Yoppappop:

I don't buy those mags. I never did and I dare say I won't do it in the near future. So I don't think I'm hypocrite as far as the p...-topic is concerned :biggrin2:

@MIKAontheweb:

I don't see a problem with upcoming unwarranted hostility because of a discussion. This is a forum and forums are created for communication (which includes lively discussions). If nobody had anything to say it would be quite boring, don't you think? And if nobody had to comment on anything that has been said it would also be boring (right, Yoppappop?:wink2: - by the way I'd say 'pain-in-the-ass' is a little harsh :roftl: ). I have experienced this place as a pleasant one with lots of tolerant, sane people who can accept the fact that there are different opinions existing in different people's conceptions. Disagreement can and should be expressed and has nothing to do with personal animosity. This is not a nursery school and I'd say we get along with each other quite well considering the fact that there can be as much opinions as people in here :wink2:

@ Yoppappop:

I don't buy those mags. I never did and I dare say I won't do it in the near future. So I don't think I'm hypocrite as far as the p...-topic is concerned :biggrin2:

I certainly don't have an issue with debate, have no fear. I'm actually a New York State Debate Champion Finalist (lol...yay for being a high school nerd!). Again, I was just expressing my feelings that oftentimes trying to make judgments on what can or cannot be posted can sometimes lead to unnecessary arguments over trivial matters. I see that yoppappop wasn't trying to do this now, she was simply trying to express the idea that it's silly to post things we don't feel comfortable with. But, I still hold my point that threads like this sometimes (not right now, but definitely in other cases) create more problems than they solve.

I apologize if anything I said was mis-interpreted in any way. Just trying to keep the peace in a place where there really doesn't have to be any controversy (we have enough in the real world, don't we?). :thumb_yello:

I don't completely understand this thread....only some of it.

I think you shouldn't really post the ultimate private pic of Mika on a forum...(unless he has pretty hair that day) :roftl:.

But sadly unlike 'the paprazzi' who hide behind trees and other fauna..just to chase stars down the road at 200 miles an hour to get that juicy picture of someone with their ass hanging out in a public bathroom....that I don't agree with.

Yes I do look at pics in the magazines....I never buy them though...but only to stare at the idiot pics the paprazzi get.(I feel sorry for some stars, because they have no private life now...it does get very upsetting sometimes)

But when it comes to family thats a question I can't answer I don't think....because there are alot of photos of his family around.But I wouldn't post them on here though...I wouldn't feel comfortable.

Unless Mika himself actually says something to one of us or if he meets one of us and happens to mention about posting pics here...it's hard to say.

I didn't vote because I didn't want to be a hypocrite, it's a yes, but no. Perhaps it's wrong to post photos of his family if they're not posing or aware they're being photographed, although they're artists as well and he's even said the younger siblings will probably also go into the arts (in which case exposure is good). As for the MIKA Portofino photos, I liked seeing them and it seems a lot of other people did as well. That doesn't necessarily mean it's okay, but it's not as if they're naked pictures of him or a sex tape (THAT would be wrong). MIKA reads this site and we have several trusty moderators here that if anything offensive appears, I'm certain the thread would disappear as quickly as one could say "What thread?" That's what the Mods are here for, so I don't think we've done anything terribly wrong yet. Let's hope MIKA's thinking "Well now I can write this off as a business expense trip, at least we look good and now I have some extra photos for the scrapbook." (I'm being silly/ sardonic). I believe Yoppappop (who's being sensible but apparently misspelled it "pain in the a*s") isn't trying to make forced guidelines, just saying THINK a moment before you press that send button.

MIKA is friends with Perez Hilton, infamous for being biased and for causing a whole lot of other celebs grief not to mention outing some of them (to me THAT is VERY wrong), Perez does exactly what some MIKA fans disapprove of and takes it to another level. ~ There's a photo Perez took I've seen on this website where MIKA obviously does NOT want his photo taken (it's apparent because MIKA's holding his hand up in front of his face in a "NOOO" manner) yet his "friend" posted this picture on his website regardless, perhaps Perez thought it was funny- it made me mad, yet MIKA's still friends with him, so what's with that?

*M*