Okay MFC...Mika Only Sounds Like Freddie When He Sings "HEY" In Grace Kelly!

Yes Queens music is so emotional , I think Mika could be the same but he needs a few more albums under his belt

Innuendo for me is heartbreaking

I feel the same way. Also, Mother Love from the Made in Heaven album, makes me cry. When I hear Brian singing the last verse because Freddie was too ill, my heart breaks.

I was just thinking there , let me live is a great song :thumb_yello:

Yes, I think the same Freddie! For me Let Me Live reminds John Lennon's Give Peace a Chance. Brilliant! I also prefer Love of My Life. :thumb_yello:

Have you noticed that in some piano parts there's similarity between Good Old-Fashioned Loverboy and Stuck in the Middle? AGAIN --> interesting. I love both of these songs. :wub2:

Have you noticed that in some piano parts there's similarity between Good Old-Fashioned Loverboy and Stuck in the Middle? AGAIN --> interesting. I love both of these songs. :wub2:

It's not only the piano part, it's the way he chorus starts as well...:blush-anim-cl:

I don't mind it though.. It's my favourite song from Mika. :cool:

However, I do mind the obvious similarity between Instant Martyr and Killer Queen on his demo tape. I hope he re-writes/ re-arranges it a bit before releasing it on the Big Girl single...:sneaky2:

It's not only the piano part, it's the way he chorus starts as well...:blush-anim-cl:

That's true! But I don't think that Mika would have tried to copy Freddie. It's not that kind of similarity. And yes, both are great songs in their own way. :wub2:

That's true! But I don't think that Mika would have tried to copy Freddie. It's not that kind of similarity. And yes, both are great songs in their own way. :wub2:

Na...Mika doesn't seem like the kind to ever copy from another artist...he's WAY TO CREATIVE FOR THAT LOLOLOLO

Avril Lavigne on the other hand...urgh...had to hear about the on PerezHilton all week :thumbdown:

• 7 months later...
Bump

A year ago I thought he really was Freddies Double :wink2: .. now I see it less and less ...., hes took all that reference away that he had in the early days

I love it when old threads suddenly come up from nowhere :naughty:

But I agree :thumb_yello: He is not Freddie and that's exactly how it should be ! I love it how he deals with this comparisons :blush-anim-cl:

But still a lot of people think I'm listening to Mika when I listen to "You're the only one" but for me they're just very different. Both amazing of course but in a different way :wub2:

I love it when old threads suddenly come up from nowhere :naughty:

But I agree :thumb_yello: He is not Freddie and that's exactly how it should be ! I love it how he deals with this comparisons :blush-anim-cl:

But still a lot of people think I'm listening to Mika when I listen to "You're the only one" but for me they're just very different. Both amazing of course but in a different way :wub2:

Yeh you know some of these old threads are superb :thumb_yello:

I think he really associated himself with Freddie at first then backed away very very quickly , it worked perfect .. great publicity but Im SO pleased hes not a Freddie X factor type of guy now but has his own unique style :wub2:

This is one thing that has always annoyed me, since I first found out about Mika, after hearing a voice, which I knew I had never heard before, which did not sound like anyone elses voice!!!!!

I am sick of the comparisons to Freddie, and to Elton, and to God knows how many others.

Why can't they see (and hear) that Mika is unique. His music is similar in style, to the older pop records that Abba, Queen, or The Bee Gees produced, but it is all his own work and all his own sound!

When I hear, or read about people comparing him to Freddie etc, I just want to grab them and subject them to a forced ear-syringing session! They get on my nerves so much, and Mika must be absolutely sick of it by now!!!

This is one thing that has always annoyed me, since I first found out about Mika, after hearing a voice, which I knew I had never heard before, which did not sound like anyone elses voice!!!!!

I am sick of the comparisons to Freddie, and to Elton, and to God knows how many others.

Why can't they see (and hear) that Mika is unique. His music is similar in style, to the older pop records that Abba, Queen, or The Bee Gees produced, but it is all his own work and all his own sound!

When I hear, or read about people comparing him to Freddie etc, I just want to grab them and subject them to a forced ear-syringing session! They get on my nerves so much, and Mika must be absolutely sick of it by now!!!

Yeh but Mika did associate himself with Freddie for the first couple of months , then he backed off

He sounds so much like Freddie that it is scary.. believe this to an old Queen fan... and he reinforces it with his songwriting style....

Of course now I don't think about this any more but when I first heard him accidentally on an internet radio that was the first and only comparison that came to my mind without having heard anything about him - I did not even know his name...:wink2:

BTW .. my reasons for linking him with Freddie in the "early days" like a year ago :roftl: ....

Apart from Grace Kelly ... and his direct reference to Freddie , he had contact with Brian May , the pictures were all over his website and also Mr May even had a link to the MFC . He was recording on Freddies piano , that was all over the newspapers ..

Its no coincidence that Mika is like Freddie .. BUT he did nothing at first to keep away from that association and even encouraged it

Not a bad thing it was great publicity , but he soon stopped :thumb_yello:

BTW .. my reasons for linking him with Freddie in the "early days" like a year ago :roftl: ....

Apart from Grace Kelly ... and his direct reference to Freddie , he had contact with Brian May , the pictures were all over his website and also Mr May even had a link to the MFC . He was recording on Freddies piano , that was all over the newspapers ..

Its no coincidence that Mika is like Freddie .. BUT he did nothing at first to keep away from that association and even encouraged it

Not a bad thing it was great publicity , but he soon stopped :thumb_yello:

OMG I can't remember that Brian linked the MFC.... I wonder if I found MFC because of that link... because I really can't remeber how I found it :blink:

Yay! Old threads. haha

So, I have a confession.

I was actually turned off by Mika in February because I kept hearing how "new singer sounds just like Freddie Mercury!"

I always thought, "I'm sick of these wannabes". And ignored it.

It wasn't until March that I actually LISTENED to Mika and found out for myself that he sounded nothing like Freddie and was his own unique artist.

I honestly don't hear Freddie Mercury in Mika's music at all, except for the "Hey!" in Grace Kelly. That's it. :original: And I'm a Freddie freak, so, there you have it. :bleh: