The KIWI Thread

RosinaKiwi

In responce To both of you:

generally bus is cheeper than plane!

this bus (nakedbus.co.nz) its really cheap (tickets from $1) and it goes through most places all the way up from wellington to auckland!...or theres the train although its still cheeper than flying it gets pretty expensive!

As for only the 3 of us, there are a few others in napier and hamilton as well as quite a few who live in auckland!

What are we all planning to wear? depends where we decide to meet. im not wearing heals if we go to the beach ya know what I mean?

Where is a good place to meet?

I think we can just rule out R18 for now because many of us are under 18 and we dont want to exclude someone, and I definately dont want to babysit (maybe babysit isnt the right word)

Im thinking, maybe something more general!

IDK Ill have a think about this!

Im up in auckland in july so...if anyone wants to meet face to face to talk about this...and if anyone wants to possibly see me jump off the sky tower...what? im turning 21! im ollddd! just puttin that out there!

LOL imagine if we all got the same bus!

Poor other passengers :roftl:

The beach is out for me actually, I'm not a fan of the beach...

Hmmmmm

Planning to go to Armogeddun this april BTW Ro?

Oh and Charlotte, I asked my friend if she had heard any people singing Mika's songs at parachute and she was like "Yes (!!!) But I ran away" :das:

The beach is out for me actually, I'm not a fan of the beach...

Hmmmmm

Oh and Charlotte, I asked my friend if she had heard any people singing Mika's songs at parachute and she was like "Yes (!!!) But I ran away" :das:

damn, that would be so awesome. i get excited thinking about it :biggrin2:

i've had too many nightmarish experiences with nakedbus, i'll use intercity. i'd rather pay $35, not have to pay a absolute fortune for luggage like nakedbus and get there on time.

na, i don't find the beach fun. we could parade around auckland the day before. have fun. promote mika. do mika-ish things. eat food we've never tried before. have a hellofa time. :arf2:

In responce To both of you:

generally bus is cheeper than plane!

this bus (nakedbus.co.nz) its really cheap (tickets from $1) and it goes through most places all the way up from wellington to auckland!...or theres the train although its still cheeper than flying it gets pretty expensive!

As for only the 3 of us, there are a few others in napier and hamilton as well as quite a few who live in auckland!

What are we all planning to wear? depends where we decide to meet. im not wearing heals if we go to the beach ya know what I mean?

Where is a good place to meet?

I think we can just rule out R18 for now because many of us are under 18 and we dont want to exclude someone, and I definately dont want to babysit (maybe babysit isnt the right word)

Im thinking, maybe something more general!

IDK Ill have a think about this!

Im up in auckland in july so...if anyone wants to meet face to face to talk about this...and if anyone wants to possibly see me jump off the sky tower...what? im turning 21! im ollddd! just puttin that out there!

i mostly answered on Khayla's post!

we should probably stay at the same place, that would be best i think. i will try and bring a friend with me.

I say we should meet on the morning/midday of the day before the mika gig, at, say, we could all stay at the same youth hostel. that would make things much easier. maybe we could even share a room. then we could have more fun and save dough :naughty:

then just have massive fun all afternoon and until a reasonable hour that night (we don't wanna be overtired for mika next day!)

at the next day.. :mf_lustslow:

lets just say MIKAAA.. we would need to do some professional stalking. and make some new zealand MFC banners.

i've had too many nightmarish experiences with nakedbus, i'll use intercity. i'd rather pay $35, not have to pay a absolute fortune for luggage like nakedbus and get there on time.

na, i don't find the beach fun. we could parade around auckland the day before. have fun. promote mika. do mika-ish things. eat food we've never tried before. have a hellofa time. :arf2:

I agree! We could all sit at the back and bring ipods/mp3's and watch Mika videos and draw pictures and read magazines ad sing songs... LOUD songs!

Ok so a bus is still go?

Some sort of bus?

IDK if I might bring granddad. He won't want to go to the show but he'll be there.

I'm hoping actually that Mika comes next year. I'll be in a better year then agewise.

I plan to move out of this house next year too :wink2:

Shopping?

We could go andhang around West City. They have the BEST thai green curry in this little place on the top level and the woman who works there honestly thought my mother and I (regulars) were sisters! LOL

I am very flexable and even if you both/all wated to go to the beach, I'd go and I wouldn't complain because I'd want to be with you regardless. I just have ONE condition:

NO MOVIES! :furious:

Not even a Mikaish movie!

Or we could go to the zoo?

How many are we estimating?

Would be good to get numbers (cellphones I mean) well in advance in case something changes: Rainy day plans or something as well as if anyone gets lost and to establish a better, less annonymous friendship between us all. I speak for myself and for the protection of others when I say it is not a good idea to be organising everything via PMs and emails because it's just too faceless, especially if we're staying together, even in the same hotel let alone room.

Not that I don't trust you, just that I don't trust the internet thing. :wink2:

we should probably stay at the same place, that would be best i think. i will try and bring a friend with me.

I say we should meet on the morning/midday of the day before the mika gig, at, say, we could all stay at the same youth hostel. that would make things much easier. maybe we could even share a room. then we could have more fun and save dough :naughty:

then just have massive fun all afternoon and until a reasonable hour that night (we don't wanna be overtired for mika next day!)

lets just say MIKAAA.. we would need to do some professional stalking. and make some new zealand MFC banners.

Yeah, staying tgether is better economically as well as probably safer in some way. You know obsessive motherly Khayla is ALL ABOUT safety with her sharpened lollipop sticks :das:

Jeez, I feel sorry for the people in the room next to ours :roftl:

Yeah, the day before is sounding good.

Question: What if he does several concerts?

Auckland, Wellington and then maybe Auckland again?

I would attempt them all, of course :wink2:

We should all eat a MASSIVE amount of lollies while we're there!

Colourful ones, and maybe stop in if there's an Equip or Bling store close by due to the Mikaness of their stock.

Do you think the Banners will work?

loves the idea about the same bus thing!

good thing there isnt a beach in auckland city then huh! Lol!

Planning on armageddon but ill have to see about the $$$

we could parade around auckland the day before. have fun. promote mika. do mika-ish things. eat food we've never tried before. have a hellofa time. :arf2:

Hmm well ive had a few bad experiences with intersity! and what do you mean by pay for luggage? Ive taken 2 bags and 2 hand luggage on my recent trips from Palmerston north to auckland with no problem!

does the train and the bus gets off about the same place right?

we could all meet at britomart?

try new things!

MFC banners! GREAT IDEA!!

I have an idea to make MFC Badges so we know who eachother are! Because Really...I wouldnt know what any of yall look lyke!

I know of a few good places to stay in auckland...AND A few NOT to visit!

YMCA actually have a floor for women!

YWCA is good but It has a waiting list of a couple of years!

the formula1 is a good one but I havet checked out the full facilities

The Kiwi International Queen Street is really good at only $24 per person p/n

the Princeton Is NOT reccomended - my room actually leaked there...flush the toilet and the carpet in the bedroom becomes wet...need I say more?

Hmm well ive had a few bad experiences with intersity! and what do you mean by pay for luggage? Ive taken 2 bags and 2 hand luggage on my recent trips from Palmerston north to auckland with no problem!

try new things!

I have an idea to make MFC Badges so we know who eachother are! Because Really...I wouldnt know what any of yall look lyke!

the Princeton Is NOT reccomended - my room actually leaked there...flush the toilet and the carpet in the bedroom becomes wet...need I say more?

Yeah, I think the bus more than the train if we're to share the same transport, tbh, I have a weird feeling about the train. I mean, doesn't it go a tad slower than the bus anyway? And what's more, which one will have the more tolorant people on it?

Do you think we'll be noisy?

IDK about you guys but I feeld of energy passed out by who I'm with so my temperament really rests on what yall are like :wink2:

Generally I'm a thinking bus/train person. It's good to reflect there.

Hmm I'll see about uploading my most recent pictures: Halloween I was dressed as a dominatrix (I had a whip and EVERYTHING :das:)

Ok so you can be our tour guid/get around booklet :punk:

Love it hah.

My granddad will provide the entertainment with a whole lot of playful "Take the puss out of Khayla" jokes that he will make up on the spot as he usually does.

KIQS is the best by your standards then Ro?

Eew that's nasty! :puke:

I agree! We could all sit at the back and bring ipods/mp3's and watch Mika videos and draw pictures and read magazines ad sing songs... LOUD songs!

Ok so a bus is still go?

Some sort of bus?

IDK if I might bring granddad. He won't want to go to the show but he'll be there.

I'm hoping actually that Mika comes next year. I'll be in a better year then agewise.

I plan to move out of this house next year too :wink2:

Shopping?

We could go andhang around West City. They have the BEST thai green curry in this little place on the top level and the woman who works there honestly thought my mother and I (regulars) were sisters! LOL

I am very flexable and even if you both/all wated to go to the beach, I'd go and I wouldn't complain because I'd want to be with you regardless. I just have ONE condition:

NO MOVIES! :furious:

Not even a Mikaish movie!

Or we could go to the zoo?

How many are we estimating?

Would be good to get numbers (cellphones I mean) well in advance in case something changes: Rainy day plans or something as well as if anyone gets lost and to establish a better, less annonymous friendship between us all. I speak for myself and for the protection of others when I say it is not a good idea to be organising everything via PMs and emails because it's just too faceless, especially if we're staying together, even in the same hotel let alone room.

Not that I don't trust you, just that I don't trust the internet thing. :wink2:

yep, willing to swap numbers with you lot. i agree, this needs to be personal.

my parents will want to be sure that i'm safe with you two. i need to sort out someone to come along with me. i wouldn't mind traveling alone, but i don't know what my parents would say (just becasue a young girl traveling by herself.. you know.)

this might be a long time off in the future, but it could also be closer than we realise. its good to start planning now.

i AGREE. no movies. i'll be on a tight-ish budget, and its easy to have fun in the city with not much money. i don't know if we'll need a activity - there are millions of ways to entertain yourself.

Yeah, staying tgether is better economically as well as probably safer in some way. You know obsessive motherly Khayla is ALL ABOUT safety with her sharpened lollipop sticks :das:

Jeez, I feel sorry for the people in the room next to ours :roftl:

Yeah, the day before is sounding good.

Question: What if he does several concerts?

Auckland, Wellington and then maybe Auckland again?

I would attempt them all, of course :wink2:

We should all eat a MASSIVE amount of lollies while we're there!

Colourful ones, and maybe stop in if there's an Equip or Bling store close by due to the Mikaness of their stock.

Do you think the Banners will work?

banners - good. especially when we meet mika. it'll give 'priority' . he'll know we're dedicated fans.

i don't think i could make more than one concert :sad: but i want to make it one KILLA meet-up and concert in aucks. if theres two in aucks, i'll go for that - if mika decides to do it JT style and have two or 3 concerts in the same amount of nights - i'll be there!

try new things!

i don't want to be spending more than $30 p/n. i think we should be in good contact before we meet up - like what i said about my parents. so - we can send photos and talk on the phone so theres no confusion.

it depends on where we're coming from on where we can grab the same bus. i'll be coming from the king country. not so sure about you two..

Edited by racinghorse83

Yeah, I think the bus more than the train if we're to share the same transport, tbh, I have a weird feeling about the train. I mean, doesn't it go a tad slower than the bus anyway? And what's more, which one will have the more tolorant people on it?

Do you think we'll be noisy?

IDK about you guys but I feeld of energy passed out by who I'm with so my temperament really rests on what yall are like :wink2:

Generally I'm a thinking bus/train person. It's good to reflect there.

Hmm I'll see about uploading my most recent pictures: Halloween I was dressed as a dominatrix (I had a whip and EVERYTHING :das:)

Ok so you can be our tour guid/get around booklet :punk:

Love it hah.

My granddad will provide the entertainment with a whole lot of playful "Take the puss out of Khayla" jokes that he will make up on the spot as he usually does.

KIQS is the best by your standards then Ro?

Eew that's nasty! :puke:

I. LOVE. NOISY. PEOPLE. we are gonna have the time of our lives. i wanna make it the time of our lives. i need to work on a costume. still coming up with ideas.

train is VERY overpriced :thumbdown: i will stick with bus.

yep, willing to swap numbers with you lot. i agree, this needs to be personal.

my parents will want to be sure that i'm safe with you two. i need to sort out someone to come along with me. i wouldn't mind traveling alone, but i don't know what my parents would say (just becasue a young girl traveling by herself.. you know.)

this might be a long time off in the future, but it could also be closer than we realise. its good to start planning now.

i AGREE. no movies. i'll be on a tight-ish budget, and its easy to have fun in the city with not much money. i don't know if we'll need a activity - there are millions of ways to entertain yourself.

banners - good. especially when we meet mika. it'll give 'priority' . he'll know we're dedicated fans.

i don't think i could make more than one concert :sad: but i want to make it one KILLA meet-up and concert in aucks. if theres two in aucks, i'll go for that - if mika decides to do it JT style and have two or 3 concerts in the same amount of nights - i'll be there!

i don't want to be spending more than $30 p/n. i think we should be in good contact before we meet up - like what i said about my parents. so - we can send photos and talk on the phone so theres no confusion.

it depends on where we're coming from on where we can grab the same bus. i'll be coming from the king country. not so sure about you two..

I'll PM you and Ro my number.

My granddad will worry about me but I may travel on my own just for the experience. Probably not though if FatBottomedGirl is willing to come along.

Her mother won't mind I don't think, she's got a lot more freedome than a lot of us do and she's in Thames now I think.

I'm in the Kapiti Coast BTW.

Deff a good idea to start planning, well done for taking the initiative :wink2:

Movies are OUT for me because I don't see a point in going to meet you guys if we're just going to be silent and paying attention to the screen for an hour and a half because it is SO IMPERSONAL and then there's the budget thing.

We should be thiking about how much money we will be spending here so we know what to expect...

I think Mika will do no more than three concerts here. But probably only one or two. If he does two I will go to both unless he goes to the south island.

Banners. You're right.

If we all go together for the meetup, maybe we could go to the concert together. I think granddad will be pussed if I get him out of bed early to go wait outside for them to open the door like TWELVE hours early :D

What time will you guys be out there anyway?

I'm hoping I'l be there EARLY. NOT early ISH but REALLY early :naughty:

IDK why, But seem to have missed a few posts! theyre not showing up sometimes until someone replys to it and then its like ERM...Whered it say that? Not going to attempt to QUOTE everything I cant be bothered! so ill try to reply to everything ive read so far!

Ill contact the others from napier etc! ask them to read the thread and get involved, perhaps about 3 more that I know about! not including the newbees!

Movies dont make any sence! we would totally annoy everyone in the theater with us lol!

the day of the concert REALLY EARLY! MFC has to be FIRST in line! no exceptions! especially if someone else from mfc comes later theyre still in our group in the front of line!

I think bus better than train as I said bus is cheaper than both plane and train, and train though cheeper than plane, much more expencive than bus!

we also may annoy the heck out of the other travelers on a train, bus is usually full with other travelers!

racinghorse83 I notice you said haveing trouble with naked bus? how do you mean pay extra for luggage? Ive never come accross this!

my recent experience of nakedbus in the last year or so has been pretty good especially between wellington and auckland! I can get away with 2 peices of hand luggage and 2 peices of regular luggage without any bother! they tend to treat me as an unacompanied minor which I dont mind, lots of perks! lol

another reason I meantioned naked bus is theyre much more relaxed! about food and about noise! everyone else are travelers also, many of them backpackers so they dont really care how much noise you make! compared to the stricked rulles with intercity! would you consider using naked bus again if you were meeting us on it?

the only problem with booking the kiwi is if others decide to come, their dorm price is $24 per person per night but there are only 4 beds (two bottom two top bunks! as far as I remember)

Ill have a look at the facillities the others have, some of them ive only slept in single/twin rooms!

I will be traveling on a budget!

It depends how much in the future It is as to where I will be! if its next year, I plan to either move to wellington and go to victoria, or Exchange to the states if I get more than a B grade average! so I really hope he comes this year!

Palmerston North at the moment though! 2 hours from wellington!

I also had an idea...what about skype?

Skype would make it all the more NOT faceless!

skype is like a call but you can use video chat too! that would be cool, because I find its easier to talk to a person rather than a thing! ...Just an idea!

I had a cool idea, just an idea!

bace ACB auckland has a Sanctuary room (girls only) for $30 pn but you get free stuff

Sanctuary is our female only wing. Beds are made up with hotel quality linen, duvets and fluffy pillows, along with fridge, underbed storage lockers and air- conditioning. Private chillout lounge with books, magazines, TV, straightening irons and hairdryer available. All sanctuary guests are provided with towels, a sanctuary pack of Shampoo/Conditioner and moisturiser and a complimentary glass of champagne. NO boys allowed.

that would be quite fun I think...Though I think we'd opt out of the free champagne!

Edited by RosinaKiwi

Ro, some excellent points there.

I don't mind whichever bus you take as long as you're all TAKING it :wink2:

Same deal with where we're staying but I might not be able to do the girls only room thing with granddad. I can't take my mother as she's totally intolorant. Maybe I'll see what Crystal's (fatbotomedgirlnz) is up to but I doubt she'd come.

6am sound good?

NOBODY who isn't one of us would be there earliar than THAT surely!

I can't do skype. No webcam :no:

Same deal with where we're staying but I might not be able to do the girls only room thing with granddad. I can't take my mother as she's totally intolorant. Maybe I'll see what Crystal's (fatbotomedgirlnz) is up to but I doubt she'd come.

6am sound good?

you can skype with no webcam, you can skype without even having a microphone! its like a chat, but if any of us have a webcam its much like speeking in person than it is online! though its still online, its more human like! I cant explain!

omg Im like online at uni!

how are you guys doing?

ill reply more when I can

Khayla you might need to pm me again...Its weird, the pm hasnt showed up although it sent me an email...weird!

I CANT WAIT!

please mika. come to new zealand before the end of the year! or I might be in america!

omg Im like online at uni!

how are you guys doing?

ill reply more when I can

Khayla you might need to pm me again...Its weird, the pm hasnt showed up although it sent me an email...weird!

I CANT WAIT!

please mika. come to new zealand before the end of the year! or I might be in america!

omg that's like amazing :mf_rosetinted:

I is doing good thank you!

I send it again now.

Is typing with one finger

Same!

omg that's like amazing :mf_rosetinted:

I is doing good thank you!

I send it again now.

Is typing with one finger

Same!

Not so amazing! except it was mid lecture and I WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO TURNED UP!!

I really hope he comes before I get my exchange to america! id rather see him over here ya know what I mean!

with you guys! :thumb_yello:

Is pretending to writing her essay

Not so amazing! except it was mid lecture and I WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO TURNED UP!!

I really hope he comes before I get my exchange to america! id rather see him over here ya know what I mean!

with you guys! :thumb_yello:

Is pretending to writing her essay

OMG shivvers I might not get to see him either next year because I might be going to France instead of leaving school!

OMG *hyperventilates*

OMG shivvers I might not get to see him either next year because I might be going to France instead of leaving school!

OMG *hyperventilates*

Cross lolipops he comes before december! AAHH!

I dont think hes planning to go to the states! and if he does probably nowhere near where I might be placed!!

MIKA! here before December 2009! you must!!

6am sound good?

OMG *hyperventilates*

Cross lolipops he comes before december! AAHH!

I dont think hes planning to go to the states! and if he does probably nowhere near where I might be placed!!

MIKA! here before December 2009! you must!!

oh my gosh!! what will i do if you're in the states and you're in france? :crybaby:

good news; my parents said i can travel up to auckland/ do the whole mika thing by myself as long as i pay my own way.

so, i can officially make plans!

good news is, it looks like new album is coming out in april :groovy: that means if mika doesnt play a concert this year in NZ, we can sue him. :mf_rosetinted:

i got your text khayla!! but i'm outta credit. :naughty:

oh my gosh!! what will i do if you're in the states and you're in france? :crybaby:

good news; my parents said i can travel up to auckland/ do the whole mika thing by myself as long as i pay my own way.

good news is, it looks like new album is coming out in april :groovy: that means if mika doesnt play a concert this year in NZ, we can sue him. :mf_rosetinted:

I'm not sure what's going on with France just now...

Will have to see because I have a couple of strong possibilities for next year because it's all going to change when I leave school though Charlotte I'm probably just a little younger than you :)

Great news about your parents!

Funny, my father's not happy about me having ANYTHING to do with Mika...

But I don't care.

My mother doesn't really care, she disapproves...

But I don't care.

My granddad's worried out of his whits because he wants to stop me going alone.

But I don't really care :bored:

What do you mean April?

What did I miss?

You know, I could NEVER sue Mika...

yay! You got my text :yay:

I'm not sure what's going on with France just now...

Will have to see because I have a couple of strong possibilities for next year because it's all going to change when I leave school though Charlotte I'm probably just a little younger than you

Great news about your parents!

Funny, my father's not happy about me having ANYTHING to do with Mika...

But I don't care.

My mother doesn't really care, she disapproves...

But I don't care.

My granddad's worried out of his whits because he wants to stop me going alone.

But I don't really care :bored:

What do you mean April?

What did I miss?

You know, I could NEVER sue Mika...

yay! You got my text :yay:

you mean, youmight be going on a exchange? don't go to france, its full of frech people who blew up the rainbow warrior :sneaky2::naughty:

good. come anyway. we will have so much fun. :dance_man:

mika's finished recording his album end of this week.. and we know the photography has been done for it.. and so the guesstimate is that it's out in at least two months :toot:

what year are you at school? i just reaslied i have no idea how old you are other then you're a teenager :blink:

I dunno about the states! I did say I had to get a B average before I qualify!

I havent even had my first assignment marks back yet so, no idea!

I could be in New Zealand next year...but if im in nz ill probably be in wellington or something!

AAPRIL!!! OMFG!

my father thought (hoped) mika was just a phase!

My mother doesnt really care!

im an adult now (oh my I feel old!)

I cant bee a teen anymore...Ive been twenteen for the last year but twentyoneteen doesnt have the same ring to it :(:shocked:

you can tell your parents that there is an adult going you think that'd help?

a sensible, mika obsessed, awesome adult! :naughty:

I dunno about the states! I did say I had to get a B average before I qualify!

I havent even had my first assignment marks back yet so, no idea!

I could be in New Zealand next year...but if im in nz ill probably be in wellington or something!

AAPRIL!!! OMFG!

my father thought (hoped) mika was just a phase!

My mother doesnt really care!

im an adult now (oh my I feel old!)

I cant bee a teen anymore...Ive been twenteen for the last year but twentyoneteen doesnt have the same ring to it :(:shocked:

you can tell your parents that there is an adult going you think that'd help?

a sensible, mika obsessed, awesome adult! :naughty:

i know you will do fantastically well :huglove:

my mother quite likes mika and thinks he's talented; doesnt really want me to go up to auckland and would feel better if i had a friend go

my brother used to be a mika fan but now he's just plain sick of LICM..

my dad hoped it was a phase and rolls his eyes whenever mika is mentioned.

twenty one.. you're still in your prime bhaybe!!

i know you will do fantastically well :huglove:

my mother quite likes mika and thinks he's talented; doesnt really want me to go up to auckland and would feel better if i had a friend go

my brother used to be a mika fan but now he's just plain sick of LICM..

my dad hoped it was a phase and rolls his eyes whenever mika is mentioned.

twenty one.. you're still in your prime bhaybe!!

technically i still have 2 months of being 20!

My family just got really sick of LICM and me talking about mika all the time!

now my father hates hearing his name and hoped it was a phase! ROFL!

Edited by RosinaKiwi