Daily Mirror

JUlie

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to split hairs but I'm not sure if I even believe that article...after all it claims he is 23 years old in one paragraph and in the next it says he's 24. Maybe I'm just picky but IMHO that's something editors need to check before publishing. Accuracy is important!

Not to split hairs but I'm not sure if I even believe that article...after all it claims he is 23 years old in one paragraph and in the next it says he's 24. Maybe I'm just picky but IMHO that's something editors need to check before publishing. Accuracy is important!

The Daily Mirror has a habit of "making things up" so I would take that article with a pinch of salt. Not the most reliable of dailies around. But I just thought it would be interesting to some of my fellow mfcers. :thumb_yello::wink2:

The stuff about the phone and not paying his gas bill (due to travelling not lack of money) are true.. he mentioned the phone story on australian radio... so obviously someone over there at the daily mirror felt like repeating the story and sensationalising it

:roftl: :roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

This is hilarious!!! What a story to tell for mika...

He's definitely not skint anymore these days... but even if he is we don't care now do we....

:biggrin2:

The thing is about credit, you have to have it before they will give you it. So if he say, had no credit cards and no proof of income with him, and no current credit rating, this kind of thing can happen.

Especially if he has always paid for things by cash, cheque or debit card.

The opposite is also true that the more you owe, the more credit you are offered.

Hmpf! Mika isn't rich? So I don't want to marry him. He's a woman anyway :naughty: .

No seriously, that must have been quite embarrassing. Strange system. Over here you don't need much prove to get a mobile contract. It always seems to me that everyone has one :blink: .

Awwwwww, my poor baby!!! Want to give him a lovely cuddle now........lol!:naughty:

I've got a couple of phones spare - he could have had one of mine! LOL!!

If that was me i wouldn't have bought anything from them! Would have gone to another shop and told them to fooooookin shove it! LOL!:thumb_yello:

You'll get there Mika, don't worry honey.x. Soon you will have so much money, you won't know what to do with it! :thumb_yello:

wow mika has such supportive friends....who just stand ther laughing :boxed:

:roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

I would have probably done the same...snickered uncontrollably.

Just a question....what is a skint? It's a slang term I've never heard before

That's why I always pay with cash, too afraid that this will happen.

Poor Mika, thought it's not really a trustable source but anyway, one day soon you will be able to buy everything you want and more!

Guest Sofia
:roftl: :roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

This is hilarious!!! What a story to tell for mika...

He's definitely not skint anymore these days... but even if he is we don't care now do we....

:biggrin2:

Forgive my ignorance, but what is skint?:blink:

Mika is skint!

Found this on their website then went out and bought the newspaper. If the link doesn't work then I will type out the story....

http://www.mirror.co.uk/showbiz/3am/tm_method=full%26objectid=19269550%26siteid=89520-name_page.html

Someone was desperate to sell a story. Wonder what context this was taken from and how many twists and turns from the truth its become...

"poor mika" - gimme a break! money isn't everything anyway..(sorry, just my "2 cents" for the day - oh sorry for the pun)

Guest Sofia
means when u have no money, hope that helped :thumb_yello:

OK of course it helped! Thanks hotdlp!:wink2:

So was he running out of money?:confused: I didn't read the article! I can't open it:blink:

The thing is about credit, you have to have it before they will give you it. So if he say, had no credit cards and no proof of income with him, and no current credit rating, this kind of thing can happen.

Especially if he has always paid for things by cash, cheque or debit card.

The opposite is also true that the more you owe, the more credit you are offered.

Yep, exactly. If he's never had a credit card, he'd have no rating to speak of. Although I can't imagine he would have packed up and moved to Miami a few years ago without any sort of credit card...

Poor Mika, lol. I wonder if the manager told the sales guy after Mika left who he was. That would be so mortifying...