Amy Winehouse Thread

ohwowitsnicka

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh gosh that is so heartbreaking. I am still so sad about this. I loved her music more than any other artist in the past 20 years. Even more than Mika's. She is irreplaceable.

This pic looks a lot like you in your avatar Andy. :naughty:

Oh gosh that is so heartbreaking. I am still so sad about this. I loved her music more than any other artist in the past 20 years. Even more than Mika's. She is irreplaceable.

This pic looks a lot like you in your avatar Andy. :naughty:

haha, a lot of people say I look like her :aah: I actually got a "fan mail" in a restaurant once :naughty:

You were at that concert? :boxed: I can't imagine the pain of seeing such an artist self-destructing herself right before her fans' eyes... especially if they're die-hard ones or just people who really followed her through the years. When you see that she's still so young and has so much to offer, you always hope for the better and never accept to settle for anything worse than that :sad:

Personally I can't say I didn't see this coming, but after having just read an article about her returning on stage to support her goddaughter, when scrolling down and seeing this comment "Amy Winehouse dead. Source - Reuters. RIP Amy", of course you're not going to believe it, thinking of it as 'just another hoax'. However, I gave it a google search just to be sure, and that's when I was left dumbstruck by the multitude of seemingly fresh, real articles that confirmed it.

May Amy's soul finally find the peace it never found in this world. :tears:

True what you say. She was extremely popular and respected in my country and no one could have expected something like that at her gig.

But I can tell you that she looked quite different than I used to it, even though I saw her for the first and sadly last time. Amy had some strange facial expression,and something in her eyes indicated some huge tragedy very soon...

The crowd actually tried to help her out there, and we were waiting for some 45 minutes for her to start singing...some thought it was kind of her performance:sad:

But she was so terribly confused and distracted (I can't find another word in english) that many of us took off eventually.

I loved her..she was honest, she was true, she had an amazing gift...her singing was like breathing...looked like she sang without any effort...it was so natural to her....

to me...95 percent of all people, so called "artists" could easilly disappear from the scene without any harm to music or art but she was the one....

ps. by disappearing I don't mean dying...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Amy Winehouse, by her father Mitch:

'What a lovely, funny girl. It's a tragedy'

In the year since Amy Winehouse died,

her father has thrown himself into work in honour of her memory

and written a harrowing book about his beloved daughter.

Mitch-Winehouse-June-2012-008.jpg

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2012/jun/25/amy-winehouse-by-father-mitch?CMP=twt_gu

Edited by A. Clay

• 2 years later...

Three years ago . . .

MIKA dedicated this song to AMY.

[she was to have performed rather than him.]

[YouTube]WI-X4ztmLJ8[/YouTube]

--------------------------

BuzzFeedMusic @BuzzFeedMusic · 5h

.@amywinehouse passed away three years ago today.

Remember her with these 10 live performances.

The 10 Best Amy Winehouse Live Performances

Although many of Amy Winehouse’s live performances were tainted in her later years, her talent is immeasurable in these videos. Anyone who got to see her perform should be incredibly thankful. Enjoy, and rest in peace, Amy.

posted on July 25, 2011.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/fjelstud/the-10-best-live-amy-winehouse-performances

Edited by A. Clay

• 1 month later...