Amy Winehouse Thread

ohwowitsnicka

http://www.style.com/trends/blogs/style_file/2008/03/index.html

Amy Winehouse was the total entertainment package at the Fendi store reopening last night in Paris. She looked great (she wore a tiny tank dress accessorized with, natch, a white Fendi belt and black Fendi pumps), she sounded amazing, and she even tried her hand at a bit of stand-up. Referring to a spot on her face, she told the audience, "I thought I had the mumps—do you have mumps in France?" A sampling of her other one-liners: "How long is fashion week? A week? Ah, thank you. I don't know these things," and, "I don't think there's any point in having taste unless it's bad taste." Her performance—which was described by Karl Lagerfeld as "effortless—what a talent!"—included about a dozen songs. And she seemed to have a good time singing them. She thanked the audience for having her and Fendi for booking her, and then she asked for more "gigs," including birthday parties or weddings. "Actually, not weddings," she amended, deciding she's not right for romantic fare. "But if you are getting married, congratulations. Book Mika."

:kaf::ap_rosetinted:

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Blame Canada! Bunch of stalkers... :naughty:

http://celebedge.sympatico.msn.ca/Amy+Hospitalized+Beehive+Remains+Large/Dramarama/ContentPosting_Dramarama_new?isfa=1&newsitemid=7baee776-3ada-4f75-af47-646bf4c39057&feedname=RYAN_PORTER_GOSSIP&show=False&number=0&showbyline=True&subtitle=&detect=&abc=abc&date=False

Can you just imagine the drama that would unfold if some Canadian MFCers showed up at Mika's stoop and were responsible for hospitalizing him for fainting?!!

Can you imagine if people even thought anyone knew the address, let alone hung around outside and made him faint.......

It was reported on the news yesterday that AW has suspected TB!

:blink: I'd probably be the one fainting seeing Mika around Mika's house. God forbid!

How can she even find time to make music with all the negativity and drama in her life? And now, if true, TB?! She has so much talent and it's sad that she might not have even reached her full potential. But then again, her drama might be the fuel that drives her creativity. I've always theorized that artistic genius and mentall illness seem very closely related.

:blink: I'd probably be the one fainting seeing Mika around Mika's house. God forbid!

How can she even find time to make music with all the negativity and drama in her life? And now, if true, TB?! She has so much talent and it's sad that she might not have even reached her full potential. But then again, her drama might be the fuel that drives her creativity. I've always theorized that artistic genius and mentall illness seem very closely related.

Suzy, I think you nailed it right on the head.... There certainly seems to be a parallel between creativity, drama and the dual diagnosis of mental illness and drug use... Just look at all the "greats" who have succumbed to early passings from music careers laced with drug overdoses..... Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrisson, to name just a few. And I'm not even mentioning all those who are currently "courting" the behavior..... of which, sadly, Ms. Winehouse is included.....

amywinehousethread.png

'Cause I said so. She is so talented, and amazing live! (When sober)

So, Amy Winehouse fans, gather 'round and DISCUSS! Share your thoughts, pictures, interviews, whatever you want.

For all of you unlucky ones who have yet to discover miss Amy here are some videos!

Tears Dry on Their Own

Back to Black

You Know I'm No Good

Rehab

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LD5sahXoj0U

Rehab (Live)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IlRF43-xaYc

Miss Winehouse at The Grammys

Amy Winehouse rocks! :punk:

Yep, its too extreme!!! But its so sad. Hope she doesnt drug anymore. She can lost her voice too and I dont want her to stop singing cause she does it very well.

I know, she is a living legend, I hope she takes care of herself. She's such a cool person!

I know, she is a living legend, I hope she takes care of herself. She's such a cool person!

I know Amy is amazing! I really want her to get better! All the news sites showed her smoking a cigarette while leaving the hospital this morning!!! Amy WHAT ARE YOU DOING! She was hospitalized for fainting and has scaring on her lungs that could become empyzima if she dosn't stop the drugs and smoking!:shocked::blink:

This article on the 23rd says shes getting better

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20208208,00.html

but this one, 24th says shes smoking again!

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20208457,00.html

Amy save yourself! I feel so bad, she needs help...:no::emot-sad:

I know Amy is amazing! I really want her to get better! All the news sites showed her smoking a cigarette while leaving the hospital this morning!!! Amy WHAT ARE YOU DOING! She was hospitalized for fainting and has scaring on her lungs that could become empyzima if she dosn't stop the drugs and smoking!:shocked::blink:

This article on the 23rd says shes getting better

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20208208,00.html

but this one, 24th says shes smoking again!

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20208457,00.html

Amy save yourself! I feel so bad, she needs help...:no::emot-sad:

I know, its so hard to read those things, and its hard to think of her as just an artist anymore when her personal life is all we ever hear:sad:

I really hope she gets well...and I hope her music will be the most important thing we hear about.

Yesterday I saw

on MTV and my first thought was: 'Well good for the music industry, the new Amy Winehouse is already in the starting blocks.' So I don't think a lot of effort is made to get her out of that drug swamp anymore.

Yesterday I saw
on MTV and my first thought was: 'Well good for the music industry, the new Amy Winehouse is already in the starting blocks.' So I don't think a lot of effort is made to get her out of that drug swamp anymore.

Yeah, I thought that too, when I heard the song for the first time.

In our country it's used for a Rexona commercial:naughty:

Yeah, I thought that too, when I heard the song for the first time.

In our country it's used for a Rexona commercial:naughty:

Same here, not sure if it is Rexona but some TV commercial. I actually thought it WAS Amy Winehouse singing it until I found myself disabused yesterday :naughty:

Yesterday I saw

I just listened to her and she is a total Amy Winehouse copycat...ew... shes only 16 and her voice is so low and scarey...no offense if anyone likes her:blush-anim-cl::wink2:

Yesterday I saw

I really like Gabriella Cilmi, and even though she keeps getting compared to Amy, she still isn't Amy.

Its another case of a new artist being compared to other people all the time...:fisch::naughty:

Though she does sounds very much like her.