Amy Winehouse Thread

ohwowitsnicka

I totally agree with you !Frank is much better than Back to black .I also love Cherry ,**** me pumps and Take the box :wub2:

Great! Finally someone who thinks like me. Back to black is amazing, but Frank is more fresh and new (tho is older)

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh god, just seen her "performance" in Belgrade on youtube.....I bought a ticket to see her in Poland ...30 july....but I see 2 shows have been already cancelled...even if Bydgoszcz is not cancelled I'm afraid she lost her voice...like Whitney...don't know...I expected huge emotions cause I think she was an amazing talent and her voice used to give me thrills but now....I don't expect thrills....

oh god, just seen her "performance" in Belgrade on youtube.....I bought a ticket to see her in Poland ...30 july....but I see 2 shows have been already cancelled...even if Bydgoszcz is not cancelled I'm afraid she lost her voice...like Whitney...don't know...I expected huge emotions cause I think she was an amazing talent and her voice used to give me thrills but now....I don't expect thrills....

I think it is her mind that she lost, not her voice :dunno:. She is also expected to perform at Sziget festival this year. I hope the audience can help her out with the singing like they did in Belgrade. :cool:

EDIT: just heard that the rest of the tour is cancelled. It is a pity some or most of these dates were festivals, so no refund for fans as the festival itself will go ahead.

Edited by suzie

Yes I had heard that she gave a fantastic set at a secret gig in a small club in London just a day or two before this Serbian show. I don't think she's lost her voice. She just needs help for her addiction and whatever underlying mental issues she has. It's really sad that she's been in such a state for so many years and doesn't show any sign of being able to recover. :sad:

Yes I had heard that she gave a fantastic set at a secret gig in a small club in London just a day or two before this Serbian show. I don't think she's lost her voice. She just needs help for her addiction and whatever underlying mental issues she has. It's really sad that she's been in such a state for so many years and doesn't show any sign of being able to recover. :sad:

I feel sad for Amy the person. She has lost her health, state of mind, her looks, her youth. She definitely needs serious help, before it's too late.

She has such great talent & it's all gone out the window now :tears:

I think it is her mind that she lost, not her voice :dunno:. She is also expected to perform at Sziget festival this year. I hope the audience can help her out with the singing like they did in Belgrade. :cool:

EDIT: just heard that the rest of the tour is cancelled. It is a pity some or most of these dates were festivals, so no refund for fans as the festival itself will go ahead.

her mind...yes, for sure, but I still think her voice is nothing at the moment. Just listen to the "singing" parts of her "performance"...before she was also drunk or stoned or whatever on stage but her voice was stronger and sounded different..I did'n have the feeling that her voice was weak...but now....she doesn't sound strong ...she sounds awful...so to me she's lost her voice....like Whitney....maybe she will save her voice in the future but time will tell....

I mean she sings but it's not the voice I'd pay to listen to...

yes, cancelled....of course in my case it's a festival...but I bought a ticket because of HER....grrrrrrr :annoyed_h4h:

and I don't believe they didn't know when they were announcing the tour that she was not ready....MONEY, MONEY, MONEY....Belgrade was the first show for god's sake!!! and she wasn't ready At ALL.

the point is...I see her as a self destructor....I don't see she really wants to change anything....

Edited by Melisanda

Unfortunately I think if she manages to get herself on stage and actually produce something that resembles singing, that's the best you can hope for.

Sigh. Such a waste. :sad:

Yes, I agree...

"produce sth that resembles singing"....yes...but I don't want to listen to it....and I really believe that after years of drugs and alcohol her voice will be like Whitney's voice....I hear even now that her voice is destroyed. it doesn't have magic at all....

Oh, really? that's interesting...secret...so I doubt I will find it on yt...but maybe....so I will listen to her voice...maybe it's still a chance....

I feel sad for Amy the person. She has lost her health, state of mind, her looks, her youth. She definitely needs serious help, before it's too late.

She has such great talent & it's all gone out the window now :tears:

she still looks like she looked before:wink2: and she is still young...

yes...a long term therapy...and leaving show biz...and building a new personality...

Looks like the show was last Sunday. I haven't seen any footage though.

http://blog.seattlepi.com/people/2011/06/14/amy-winehouse-makes-comeback-with-secret-gig/

British singer Amy Winehouse was back on stage for a secret concert on Sunday - less than two weeks after completing a rehab stint.

The "Back to Black" hitmaker, who has long struggled with substance abuse, checked out of The Priory clinic earlier this month after reportedly suffering a relapse.

But Winehouse proved she's on the road to recovery as she took the stage at London's 100 Club to perform a seven-song set, which included her hits "Rehab" and "Valerie."

Among the crowd cheering Winehouse on at the secret show were her parents and filmmaker boyfriend Reg Traviss.

A source tells Britain's The Sun, "Gone was the fragile, volatile and unpredictable Amy. She wasn't knocking back vodka on stage... Amy was on fantastic form. She looked and sounded great. It was like one of her old performances.

"She had the crowd laughing along with her gags, poking fun at herself and dad Mitch."

Winehouse is due to kick off a European tour in Serbia on Saturday.

Looks like the show was last Sunday. I haven't seen any footage though.

http://blog.seattlepi.com/people/2011/06/14/amy-winehouse-makes-comeback-with-secret-gig/

British singer Amy Winehouse was back on stage for a secret concert on Sunday - less than two weeks after completing a rehab stint.

The "Back to Black" hitmaker, who has long struggled with substance abuse, checked out of The Priory clinic earlier this month after reportedly suffering a relapse.

But Winehouse proved she's on the road to recovery as she took the stage at London's 100 Club to perform a seven-song set, which included her hits "Rehab" and "Valerie."

Among the crowd cheering Winehouse on at the secret show were her parents and filmmaker boyfriend Reg Traviss.

A source tells Britain's The Sun, "Gone was the fragile, volatile and unpredictable Amy. She wasn't knocking back vodka on stage... Amy was on fantastic form. She looked and sounded great. It was like one of her old performances.

"She had the crowd laughing along with her gags, poking fun at herself and dad Mitch."

Winehouse is due to kick off a European tour in Serbia on Saturday.

thank you! But I have to listen to believe...:wink2:

eeehhh..she's like ..a week before "on the road to recovery" and the next week in self destruction again...looks like she really wants to kill herself...a deep and serious emotional disorder...I have to read about her childhood and life....I don't know anything about her past...

ps...but she makes me feel really angry....she doesn't care about herself...she doesn't care about others...she doesn't respect herself, she doesn't respect other people...she acts like a stupid, egoistic, limited, malicious creature....yes, someone commented on yt that maybe she needs to clean toilets for some time to appreciate what she has....

it could be a good therapy....

My opinion is that everyone is entitled to destroy their life .... but I also know that sometimes without other people all you can do is die...or live like a dead person...

hmmm on the other hand you need to know when to stop helping....

sometimes a person has to be left alone....

if you don't respect life maybe all you need is death....

sorry...

I think she is seriously mentally ill so I just feel sadness, not anger. Often people in these situations are using drugs to medicate themselves because they aren't getting the treatment they need.

• 1 month later...

Oh my god....I'm so sorry...

...........................................................................................