2015 - Mika at Montreal Jazz Festival - 5 July - REPORTS, PICS, VIDEOS

dcdeb

I still can feel the energy running through my veins from last nights show. Where can I start other than Mika is beyond human. His intensity and facial expressions as he interprets every lyric.......sorry.....I'm just awe struck. So nice to meet everyone from MikaFanClub. I was so nervous to take pictures at the beginning. I have some short video clips I will post when I return to Chicago....till then I will relive this night forever in my head ????

Everyone said it was almost identical but he did not sing Good Wife

Unfortunately he did not have time to pose for pictures afterwards but after a very long wait he signed many autographs including my Next magazine

Was the setlist the same as the night before, or did he do any more new songs?

Guylaine told me that in fact he did one fewer song -- he didn't do Je Pas Envie. :(

But what he DID was fabulous!

• Like 2

I was there last night with my family, but none of us speak french. Can someone breifly describe how he introduced some of the the songs? Like, what was the thing with the letter before elle me dit? What did he say before Origin of Love? And he joked about I think a baloon pooping towards the end? Also, does anyone remember all the changed lyrics at the end of lollipop? Thanks!

I was there last night with my family, but none of us speak french. Can someone breifly describe how he introduced some of the the songs? Like, what was the thing with the letter before elle me dit? What did he say before Origin of Love? And he joked about I think a baloon pooping towards the end? Also, does anyone remember all the changed lyrics at the end of lollipop? Thanks!

With the letter, he was just joking. He was making things up... But basically, he was talking to his mom about the fact that he's growing up and doesn't want to dance anymore

Can't remember what he said before Origin

For Lollipop, the changed lyrics are saying that ddespite all he was told about love, he never let him down  :wub:

• Like 2

So what can I say?

I was happy to be able to catch at least this part of the Mika weekend extravagenza...

About the concert:

Very glad to hear No place in heaven as I love the song, Boum Boum Boum and it drumming duo between Joy and Mika was epic, Last party was magnificient (think it has replaced Underwater in my book). And for personal reasons, I'm always happy to hear Blue eyes.

Crowd was great, Mika was very energetic but not very chatty, especially at the beginning.

So the love story between Mika and Montreal continues...

• Like 4

So what can I say?

I was happy to be able to catch at least this part of the Mika weekend extravagenza...

About the concert:

Very glad to hear No place in heaven as I love the song, Boum Boum Boum and it drumming duo between Joy and Mika was epic, Last party was magnificient (think it has replaced Underwater in my book). And for personal reasons, I'm always happy to hear Blue eyes.

Crowd was great, Mika was very energetic but not very chatty, especially at the beginning.

So the love story between Mika and Montreal continues...

hm, maybe a reason to go there again? In between I will save money :naughty:

Looks amazing. Glad you all had a great time. Do you think we will ever see him out of a suit again though?

It happened this afternoon! White cropped jeans and a white t-shirt :yay:

I don't know why but the suit didn't bother me as much last night as it usually does. I don't know if I'm just getting used to it or because in this venue it was a lot more appropriate than a little Brooklyn club (it's a lot like Sadlers Wells). But he still looks 100% better in jeans and a T.

Home from Montreal, what a whirlwind 36 hour vacation. It went way beyond my expections. Now that I see my photos on my home computer the pictures are more blurry than on my iPhone

....HOWEVER....... i was able to find one epic picture of MIKA defying gravity!!!!!

eknrpc.jpg

• Like 1

Well what can i say that wasn't already said. The show was amazing, the band was superbe, the

crowd great and Mika was.............Mika, fantastico, awsome, crazy, perfect full of joy happiness and energy

As always. His happiness and energy are so contagious. So i had a wonderful time and can't wait

for him to come back very very soon, i hope........

• Like 1

Here are two of the videos I tried to take

i have most of Elle Me Dit, but I was so jittery and excited that I kept turning off my iPhone, it is in 9 seperate videos, I will try to piece it into one later this week

Edited by Mocha
  • Like 3

I was so awestruck that Mika was singing my favourite song that I forgot how to use my iPhone. Video starts out black (when he is doing his banter) and gets clearer as it goes on. Once again sorry for my fangirl nervousness in filming this song :fangurl:

• Like 2

I was so awestruck that Mika was singing my favourite song that I forgot how to use my iPhone. Video starts out black (when he is doing his banter) and gets clearer as it goes on. Once again sorry for my fangirl nervousness in filming this song :fangurl:

https://youtu.be/4F-PreUXak8

You're all forgiven!

Did you find Niks before you left?

It was great meeting you :huglove:

It was great meeting you :huglove:

and you too Catherine! It was fun hanging out waiting and chatting after the show

Did not get a chance to go to Niks unfortunately, but I was able to go to SucreSale (with many thanks to Deb and Vera....and Guylainem and Christine and all the other wonderful MFC members I met) so I will remember to go there next time I visit your beautiful city. Perfect city, perfect MFC fans, perfect venues.......I could not be any happier with the way my trip came to be :yes: